Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Accountability Group for May 2013 Part 2: Graduating to P3 :)

Senior Member thirteenblessings's Avatar
    R/P/M
    Phase 3 HHCG
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloKellee View Post
    It all depends what and when you plan to introduce foods. I'm still in my first week of Phase 3 and have only introduced different meats/proteins and fats. Chicken thighs, salmon, bacon, avocado, coconut oil. I haven't bought any dairy products or nuts yet because i plan on introducing those in the latter part of Phase 3. SO many people are having great successes stabalizing and are able to introduce eggs, dairy and nuts quite early. It's a personal choice. I am being a bit more timid, because I really didn't know the P3 rules last time and was eating Wasa crackers, cottage cheese, oranges everyday and gained back 10 of the 30 pounds I lost. I won't let that happen this time! Here is my compiled shopping list for the next couple of weeks:

Salmon
    Turkey
    Chicken Thighs
    Bison
    Sugar Free Bacon
    Eggs

coconut oil
    Avocados

Spinach
    Asparagus
    Tomatoes
    Onions
    Fresh Herbs
    Broccoli
    Brussel Sprouts

Strawberries
    Grapefruit
    Lemons

Cottage Cheese
    Heavy Whipping Cream
    Fage
    Goat Cheese

Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
    Liquid Stevia
    Sugar Free Salsa
    Dill Pickles
    PB2
    Agreed, I added too fast my first round and didn't stabilize. I'm being super careful this round and (crosses fingers) so far so good, I've managed to be at or below LDW. I am getting a little bored with my menus though so I'm anxious to maybe add something new next week.
    ~Heather
    Round who knows. Phase 2. HHCG Pellets
    Week 1: (7)
    VLCD 8: 165.5 (1)
    "Do or do not. There is no try" ~Yoda

R/P/M
    Phase 3 HHCG
    My weight went up half a pound so I'm at LDW now. I am going to push the water and try to get it back down. I think it's from mild dehydration from the martini the night before (Tuesday night) and my dinner last night, the sauce that I asked to be served on the side was pretty salty and I probably didn't drink enough water. I'm at LDW though so I can't worry about it. I just like the buffer and I've been steady at 151 all week so I think my body likes being there.

Today's menu:

B - Sausage patty and coffee with HWC
    L - Mixed greens with chicken and homemade green goddess dressing
    S - Flaked coconut and a homemade iced coffee with HWC
    D - http://fitandawesome.com/gluten-free...-paleo-recipe/
    S - Coconut Crack

I like to live dangerously ha ha! I really should branch out more!
    ~Heather

R/P/M
    3/2/injections
    Quote Originally Posted by thirteenblessings View Post
    My weight went up half a pound so I'm at LDW now. I am going to push the water and try to get it back down. I think it's from mild dehydration from the martini the night before (Tuesday night) and my dinner last night, the sauce that I asked to be served on the side was pretty salty and I probably didn't drink enough water. I'm at LDW though so I can't worry about it. I just like the buffer and I've been steady at 151 all week so I think my body likes being there.

Today's menu:

B - Sausage patty and coffee with HWC
    L - Mixed greens with chicken and homemade green goddess dressing
    S - Flaked coconut and a homemade iced coffee with HWC
    D - http://fitandawesome.com/gluten-free...-paleo-recipe/
    S - Coconut Crack

I like to live dangerously ha ha! I really should branch out more!
    I gained .5 pound as well, but I'm pretty sure it was due to all that salt in the bacon I ate yesterday. I just wasn't thinking and thought I would just make my breakfast and lunch together to save time...that's what I get for being lazy :-/ But it did tastes SO good!

Breakfast: Coffee with 6 tablesppons of Heavy Whipping Cream
    Snack: HCG Lemon Truffles
    Lunch: Hamburger, Spring Mix, Grape Tomatoes
    Snack: Coconut Flake (thanks thirteen blessings)
    Dinner: Salmon, Spinach, Grape Tomatoes, coconut oil
    Calories are approximately 1900

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

VLCD WEEK 1 (-9.0)
    VLCD WEEK 2 (-5.5)
    VLCD WEEK 3 (-1.5)
    VLCD WEEK 4 (-4.0)
    VLCD WEEK 5 (-5.5)

vlcd36 179.5 (-0.0)
    vlcd37 179.5 (-0.0)
    vlcd38 179.0 (-0.5)

R/P/M
    R5, Pellets
    Whatever lean meats you like...or even non lean meats. I like chicken breasts and thighs and grill up a bunch of those to put in salads or for a snack. I also made a bunch of dips and dressings and cut up some veggies to dip in. On this phase, planning is crucial. Have stuff in your fridge cooked and prepped for when you get hungry. Since you're not eating carbs, when you get hungry, you are hungry. It happens fast and since grab and go items are not options right now, you need to have food prepped that is on plan so that you can stay on track. That's my #1 thing. I am alson loving the cocoa crack and coconut flake for impromptu snacks. So you will need to buy some extra virgin coconut oil and some unsweetened cocoa powder as well as some differetn flavor stevias and xylitol if you want. I buy different flavors of tea to make iced tea with and I love those La Croix soda waters for something different to drink during the day. It's important to keep your water intake up in this phase too! Also maybe some Magnesium tablets because I've been kind of backed up since starting P3 and it's far more uncomfortable in this phase because of the volume of food.
    Careful with the cheese and eggs, add them in seperately and make sure you can tolerate them
    THANK YOU! I needed to temember there is still a protocol to p3. I've been having a hard time eating clean like I want.
    And I know its because I got mentally tired iat the end..I will structure my food intake better.. this has rreally caused me to Think!! And remember choices take planning

R/P/M
    Phase 3 HHCG
    I ended up losing the weight I gained and am below LDW again. Feels great! I do feel queasy but perhaps I overdid it on the coconut flake again? I ate a bunch before bed. I sure love it but it seems to not love me back. At least it's not making me gain.

I made this for dinner last night:

http://paleomg.com/paleo-coconut-gin...hroom-chicken/

It was GOOD! The modificatons I made were as follows: I didn't have mushrooms so I put some red bell pepper and tomato in the sauce. I added some lemon juice and hot peppers to give it some heat and used more garlic than she said to. I also used the drippings from cooking the thighs, reduced it with some white wine and threw it in the pan. Paleo doesn't eat nightshade or alcohol so sometimes you have to make modifications to their recipes if you are okay with those foods.

Anyway today's menu:

B - Coffee with HWC. I am not sure about my normal sausage. I have an early lunch out and feel gross again. My stomach is SO sensitive now.
    L - Out to Panera Bread to finialize a job offer I've been working on. It's a great work from home opportunity and I get to spend SO much more time with my kids! So excited. Anyway I will probably get the Chicken Avocado Cobb hold the blue cheese and dressing - OR the Steak salad, hold the dressing. Glad there are P3 friendly options and I don't have to stress about it like I did the Thai place.
    D - Maybe leftovers. I have some salmon from Tuesday we need to eat and I wouldn't mind digging into those coconut thighs again
    Snacks - cocoa crack of course. Maybe an iced Americano with cream or some coconut flake, but I might forego the flake today.

I guess at some point I should add something in. I'm still so scared to do eggs nuts and much dairy. It's probably time though, I've been on P3 for a week and I would say I'm stabilizing just fine. It's a true miracle. I don't count calories but I eat a lot and never feel deprived and yet I still don't gain weight. I'm a believer for sure now! I was scared from my experiences before but if you do it just like he says, it's not so bad! If I get the cobb salad, it comes with an egg, so maybe I'll try it and see what happens. It would broaden my breakfasts for sure
    ~Heather

R/P/M
    Phase 3 HHCG
    You're on the right track! It's tempting to eat everything but don't do it. I did that my first round and never stabilized, I had three correction days under my belt the first week! It's so much better to add things slowly and see how your body reacts and not do correction days You'll do great!
    ~Heather

R/P/M
    Phase 3 HHCG
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloKellee View Post
    I gained .5 pound as well, but I'm pretty sure it was due to all that salt in the bacon I ate yesterday. I just wasn't thinking and thought I would just make my breakfast and lunch together to save time...that's what I get for being lazy :-/ But it did tastes SO good!

Breakfast: Coffee with 6 tablesppons of Heavy Whipping Cream
    Snack: HCG Lemon Truffles
    Lunch: Hamburger, Spring Mix, Grape Tomatoes
    Snack: Coconut Flake (thanks thirteen blessings)
    Dinner: Salmon, Spinach, Grape Tomatoes, coconut oil
    Calories are approximately 1900
    Did you like the coconut flake? It takes a bit of getting used to, especially if you used to get the sweetened kind. It kind of subs for any nut cravings I might have (I won't clear nuts until the very end...they've always given me issues).
    ~Heather

R/P/M
    Phase 3 HHCG
    Also when does the reshaping happen? I haven't really noticed anything yet...
    ~Heather

My first P3 day I am so full from breakfast. It's probably from all the fat. I'm a little worried about weighing in tomorrow because I only lost .4 in the past few days so I really don't have much of a cushion.

R/P/M
    3/2/injections
    Did you like the coconut flake? It takes a bit of getting used to, especially if you used to get the sweetened kind. It kind of subs for any nut cravings I might have (I won't clear nuts until the very end...they've always given me issues).
    LOVED the coconut flake! I have a long commute some days and it is the perfect nut/chip crunch that satifies my hunger. I'll be taking a road trip in July and I think it will a great go to snack for the road. I may even add some nuts and dried cherries or apricot chunks.

I had a work lunch today and I ordered the cobb salad, It had grilled chicken, avocado, tomato, onion, bacon, egg and blue cheese. I ordered it with no cheese or egg, BUT wouldn't you know it came with egg and blue cheese anyway. I figured it was the universe telling me to take a risk and try it. I did and I hope the scale is kind. And if not...I will note it and do my best to carry on with clean eating. I am with you on the nuts! I can't wait to have some macs, almonds, cashews, etc. But they are def last on my clear list!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

VLCD WEEK 1 (-9.0)
    VLCD WEEK 2 (-5.5)
    VLCD WEEK 3 (-1.5)
    VLCD WEEK 4 (-4.0)
    VLCD WEEK 5 (-5.5)

vlcd36 179.5 (-0.0)
    vlcd37 179.5 (-0.0)
    vlcd38 179.0 (-0.5)

Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast