Popular Pages :

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Too Many Calories Too Soon? How’s My P3?

Chief Moderator (my happy place :) Leez's Avatar
    R/P/M
    M: at goal May 2015 77# lost wHCG injections
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Slimkins View Post
    Hi @Leez. I'm +2.1 over LIW this morning. I don't know what possessed me to buy one of these yesterday, https://www.questnutrition.com/colle...nut-butter-box but I did and I ate it. Not the entire box, I ate one package of 2 cups. Between that Quest candy, 2000 calories, dairy, eggs, Lawry's garlic salt, and blueberries and strawberries I'm really not sure which of these did me in. I ate just over 2000 calories, exercised and netted about 1800. My legs are feeling very sore after 2 days of leg workouts, which could be retaining water. Needless to say, the candy was a mistake, it has sucralose and erythritol and other ingredients that I likely should not have eaten. Too many factors for me to know for certain what caused this 2.1 pound gain. You probably have some ideas.

I'm doing a steak day today, darn it already. Feeling a bit down about it, but jumping back on the wagon. Taking your advice on the forums with coffee and HWC today and a huge steak cooked in butter along with an apple for supper. Stevia okay in my coffee today? I read somewhere where you had advised a steak day and subsequently to focus on proteins, fats, and vegetables adding dairy, eggs, and nuts one at a time to see if there is a problem with each. Feels like I am starting P3 over, just not head first. Still going to keep my calories at 1800. Please advise? Thank you in advance.

Also, as a note, I am drinking about 80oz of water per day, usually like to get in 120, but it's been low this week while out of town.
    If you are sore, inflammation from that is probably a big contributor to the gain.

Look at what you ate the day that didn't cause a gain and then look at anything different you added yesterday as things you might need to test. (For instance, if you didn't gain significantly from almond butter, that likely does not need to be tested again.) That might narrow your testing down some. Its not always possible to figure it out definitively.

Steak day was the appropriate response. The scale should bounce back tomorrow morning. The two pound jump is not about calories...so keeping near 1800 is perfectly logical. Enjoy your steak tonight.

I have found that the simpler you keep food in P3, the easier it is to sort out food problems. When you start adding in processed foods with various chemical additives, it can confuse the picture. Not only just scale-wise, but in sorting out your hunger and satisfaction cues. Too much water can get in the way too, because it can dilute your mineral levels. If you are getting in about a half gallon a day, that is plenty.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview

A full review of my experience with DietDoc and how the round progressed can be found here: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog is here. If you've found my posts helpful, please consider using this DietDoc link on your next HCG order. (your forum discount still applies)

Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

@Leez Steak day worked, as predicted. I had about 16 oz of rib eye pan-fried in butter and an apple. I'm down -2.1 back to just +0.1 above my LIW of 143.4lbs. It's comforting to know that the protocol works and will work to stabilize. My urine color was alarming this morning after last night's supper. My kidneys are under duress. Usual amount of water today, half-gallon? Going to try to practice intuitive eating while keeping my calories up.

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    The amount of water to drink daily has become an accepted formula (ounces equal to half your weight), but its really more simple than that. And in another way, more complex, since our body conditions are not all the same.

You can know the right amount of water for your system by checking urine color. You want a pale yellow, almost straw color. If the color is clear, you are drinking too much, and putting extra stress on your kidneys. Anything darker means you need more water. Two litres a day is about the right amount for most people, and then you adjust accordingly from there.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview

A full review of my experience with DietDoc and how the round progressed can be found here: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog is here. If you've found my posts helpful, please consider using this DietDoc link on your next HCG order. (your forum discount still applies)

Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Leez View Post
    The amount of water to drink daily has become an accepted formula (ounces equal to half your weight), but its really more simple than that. And in another way, more complex, since our body conditions are not all the same.

You can know the right amount of water for your system by checking urine color. You want a pale yellow, almost straw color. If the color is clear, you are drinking too much, and putting extra stress on your kidneys. Anything darker means you need more water. Two litres a day is about the right amount for most people, and then you adjust accordingly from there.
    The whole water thing is so interesting. I noticed while traveling how elevation and humidity or lack thereof impacts how our bodies work and I was completely confused! My urine would be dark but I drank so much it felt like. I would still feel parched, and my ankles would be swollen, if not my whole body. I think I partly needed more electrolytes even if I never felt I was sweating much or more than normal (dry air will confuse this for sure) and partly there was just not enough time for my body to adjust. I also got a headache on the way there and on the way back which my have been elevation related too. The bottles still in my car are all caved in from the difference in pressure!

I am glad that I feel back to normal slowly. My eyes and nose are also finally not dried out. Seriously, being in the desert made me look 10 years older!

Anyway, I digress!
    Intermountain HHCG
    Goal 150
    R1 start 188.8
    10/4/20 P2 Loss 20.8 pounds
    11/15/20 P3 LDW 168
    12/6/20 P4 Adjusted LDW to 169

R2 3/14/21

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    That is such a great point, mrsstrong. Another reason we shouldn't always stick to a formula. You obviously needed more water than normal for a time because of geography.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12