Popular Pages :

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Coconut flour?

Coconut flour?

Hi everyone! I am close to p3 and finally allowing myself to look at some foods lol. I use a lot of almond flour in normal life, but am nervous to use that this time during p3. I am committed to stabilizing and donít want to rush into it. Thoughts on both almond flour and coconut flour during p3? I tend to think coconut flour is okay but not sure. Iíd like to make a couple of things with it, just donít want to use anything that risks a successful p3. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chief Moderator (my happy place :) Leez's Avatar
    R/P/M
    M: at goal May 2015 77# lost wHCG injections
    Blog Entries
    Both are fine in P3, with the caveat that nuts are sometimes a problem food and it can be wise to test them.

I think you are right to be wary of consuming a lot of alternate flour baked goods in P3. Its easy to fill up on those instead of more nutritious basic whole foods.

My own personal strategy is to keep it really simple in P3, and save baking for later. It helps me stay out of trouble. ^_^
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview

My recent HCG round was with DietDoc. A full review of my experience and how the round progressed can be found here: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog is here

Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

Hi Leez,

Whats the best flour/coating to use in P3 for things like fried green tomatoes, chicken, etc? I want alittle crunch to the outer layer but need something safe for early P3.

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    I like mixing oat fiber (not oat bran) with nutritional yeast, salt, onion & garlic powder & a little paprika. I like the LifeSource brand as its finer and whiter than others.

Almond flour is used a lot for fryer coating, but if you aren't testing nuts yet, you might want to avoid that for a while.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview

My recent HCG round was with DietDoc. A full review of my experience and how the round progressed can be found here: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog is here

Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

Im not doing nuts for awhile, so what about Carbquik, even if I wait 2-3 wks into P3?

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    answered here; Going to P3, need help w/meal options

My position is that whole, minimally processed foods are best for P3. If you stick mainly to those, you have the best chance to sail through P3 without a whole lot of angst and scale volatility. Its also a good opportunity to set new healthier eating habits going forward.

You can try the CarbQuick and see how you do. But keep in mind 1/3 of a cup is 2 carbs, and thats net....so there's actually more. I'd keep the serving size to a couple tablespoons to keep yourself in the 1 carb range. 1 carb per serving is the guideline for salad dressings and such, so that is the reasoning.

R/P/M
    R1) Drops, R2) Tablets, R3) Injections R4) Injections
    I made the mistake on the first day of P3 in my 2nd round of frying onion rings coated in a heavy batter of onion powder and garlic powder in peanut oil. I was up 5 lbs, the next day. After that episode, never again did I try to fake bread or batter and deep fry anything in P3
    The Moderator currently known as Coco :

Stable @ 150 for over 5 years. Height - 5'10
    Starting Weight: 220 lbs.
    Lost 70+ lbs. in 4 rounds.
    Went from Size 14/16 at my heaviest to Size 4/6 !!!