Popular Pages :

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does coconut flour or pumpkin cause anyone trouble in p3?

Does coconut flour or pumpkin cause anyone trouble in p3?

I'm wanting to make some cookies for P3 with all approved foods.. coconut flour, stevia, butter, eggs, maybe some pumpkin.. cinnamon... or instead of pumpkin I'll try cocoa powder.. who knows if they will taste good haha but just wondering if I need to try coconut flour and pumpkin separately on their own? Or if for the most part they should be okay. Will probably also try to make pumpkin pancakes out of these ingredients as well. Pumpkin is super low in cals and sugar and coconut flour is mostly fat and fiber so I figured they would both be okay to try together.

R/P/M
    R5/ injections Last round finally!
    Pumpkin is not a P3 food. It is too carby and best left to P4. Some do ok with coconut flour on P3 and some don't.

oh, it is on the list of lower carb veggies in the sticky that says P3 information. it only has 8 g carbs in a cup and some fiber, if apples and other fruits are allowed on p3 i figured pumpkin would be too.

R/P/M
    R5/ injections Last round finally!
    I always considered it more carby and never eat it in P3.

Super Chief-Ninja Moderator grammy1952's Avatar
    R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    Things like pumpkin and sweet potatoes are for P4.
    My expert Hcg Diet advice is based specifically on the original Simeons Protocol. Grammy's personal protocol:Grammy's Hcg Diet Protocol
    Grammy's author website: ColleenCoble.com

I am not a medical doctor and my statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition. Please always check with your doctor for medical questions and assistance. Medical Disclaimer:

R/P/M
    JUDDD
    Per serving sizes, pumpkin isn't any worse in carb values for P3 than some of the other P3 friendly foods. I know that we are not suppose to have any carbs/starch in P3, but some of the items that we are encouraged to introduce have limited carbs. The good thing about pumpkin, it has tons of fiber that offsets the effective carbs it has, considerably. If you search this site, you can find recipes on P3 friendly pumpkin pies & others. I think it is just like any other item that we introduce, it has to be tested for each individual. No . . . we can't eat the whole pie, but a little would probably be ok. I have used it in my P3's (pumpkin cheesecake, crustless) & also pre-HCG when I did variations of Atkins.
    ~Paula~

06/09/15 - a new beginning (217.6). . . SLOWLY, but surely!!
    09/30/15 - 20 lbs lost - (197)
    10/13/15 - JUDDD - (197)
    11/01/15 - 190.8
    12/01/15 - 187.0

R/P/M
    R3/P4/Injections
    Let me know how things go with your baking and such with coconut flour. I just tried to make chocolate chip cookies with it and it is a pain in the butt to bake in the oven. 20 minutes and the flour is still not cooked through and dough is crumbling. Bummer. Good luck!
    "This journey in not easy at all but we can do it!"

dew dust - i found a recipe a while back that called for coconut butter, which is coconut oil pureed with coconut flesh, and when you make cookies with it, it keeps them moist and they don't crumble as easy. i made my husband some chocolate chip cookies with it, and he said it didn't even taste like coconut (i thought they did) and i'm pretty sure it had the coconut butter and flour in it. i can't remember where i put the recipe, and i think it may have had some almond flour in there as well but if i find it i'll let you know!

R/P/M
    R3/P4/Injections
    Quote Originally Posted by jilly921 View Post
    dew dust - i found a recipe a while back that called for coconut butter, which is coconut oil pureed with coconut flesh, and when you make cookies with it, it keeps them moist and they don't crumble as easy. i made my husband some chocolate chip cookies with it, and he said it didn't even taste like coconut (i thought they did) and i'm pretty sure it had the coconut butter and flour in it. i can't remember where i put the recipe, and i think it may have had some almond flour in there as well but if i find it i'll let you know!
    Oh wow! I would love to have that recipe. Right now I am trying so hard to fix this batch of cookies. I put in 2 more eggs to help with the crumbling. And then a couple of tablespoons of heavy whipped cream to add moisture. I have been using xylitol for my sugar subsititute and I just learned that xylitol absorbs the moisture from the mixture so you have to put a cup of water in to counteract the xylitol. My cookies tonight are such a mess. LOL I am doing a 3rd batch and praying. LOL

i found the website with the recipe! unfortunately it does have a bit of almond flour in it and brown sugar. i made these back before i started the protocol. but here it is, maybe you could get some ideas from it? the main idea is to use the coconut butter, keeps them from crumbling. enjoy!

http://yumandyummer.com/2013/02/glut...ookies-recipe/

edited to add: just noticed it doesn't have coconut flour in it. so you could sub the coconut flour for the almond flour, and instead of coconut oil I'm pretty sure I used butter. I like coconut, but I didn't want the cookies to be TOO overpowering. There seems to be some wiggle room in the ingredients, so play around with it

R/P/M
    R3/P4/Injections
    Quote Originally Posted by jilly921 View Post
    i found the website with the recipe! unfortunately it does have a bit of almond flour in it and brown sugar. i made these back before i started the protocol. but here it is, maybe you could get some ideas from it? the main idea is to use the coconut butter, keeps them from crumbling. enjoy!

http://yumandyummer.com/2013/02/glut...ookies-recipe/

edited to add: just noticed it doesn't have coconut flour in it. so you could sub the coconut flour for the almond flour, and instead of coconut oil I'm pretty sure I used butter. I like coconut, but I didn't want the cookies to be TOO overpowering. There seems to be some wiggle room in the ingredients, so play around with it
    Thank you so much for the idea of the coconut butter. My boyfriend is trying to like the new types of food that I am trying to introduce into our diets (he is not doing the HCG diet, but supports me) and after the horrible coconut flour cookie disaster, he is like, "wheat, gluten, starch--- they sure seem a lot better now." LOL Thankfully, he is really helping me out with this and with this recipe, it will help out a lot more too.
    Thanks!!!

R/P/M
    R3 P3
    Blog Entries
    If I may add a note about the cookies. According to elanaspantry.com, you cannot sub coconut flour for almond flour. Coconut is highly absorbable of moisture and almond flour is not. Recipes using coconut flour call for way less than recipes using almond flour. Also, a good sub for brown sugar is coconut/palm sugar subbing equal amounts. Hope this helps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast