Popular Pages :

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Flo’s exciting journey towards Stabilization

Quote Originally Posted by FlirtyFlo View Post
    P3/4 Day 29
    Down 500gm/1.1lbs
    Smack on LIW!!

So the question is ... how do i go about pushing the boat out?
    I do not particularly like to get into a habit of making bad choices or eating things just for the sake if testing it... but let me first share a little secret with you before I continue...

I have a container with savoury snacks like biscuits or crisps in my pantry... admittedly not being replenished recently... but considering i was expecting a few Girl friends over yesterday I checked to see what I had to serve up for them and was quite surprised to see the amount of seed crackers (zero grain) I had in my stash...so moving on is already a part of my life
    .... But then I found one packet of my favourite snack (you can google NikNaks... ) its a cheese flavoured maize snack I would usually buy 2 strings of 5 (like the kiddie lunch box size)when i do shopping and have maybe 1 a day if I remember.... but then yesterday I found one lonely lill packet in my box.... At first I thought... NO.... then i thought wellll I am at the end of week 4 ... so it is a p4 sin I can try.... and I did... and the world did not end... i even dropped down to LIW....
    then this morning... making my regular breakfast Yogurt mix... so I thought... a few seeds for texture?... added about half a packet.... and then thought to myself... it's only 30g and ended up using the WHOLE packet... now wow that was pushing the boat!!... right ladies?? (Okok dont laugh... I am making an effort!!)

Been thinking... today i am planning on pushing the boat our with a party for 1... a cheese platter (only seeded crackers) with some nuts and fruit and a bottle if wine (low calorie/low alcohol)... I love finger foods and this will be a nice addition to my tree decorating day.... the start of the holidays

Sounds like a landmine waiting to happen.... but even though its what I like, I never eat a lot in a sitting .... but lets see what rhe scale has to say tomorrow
    A party of 1 is lovely! You deserve it! Snacking when it is mindless grabbing stuff happened to me when I did not eat well. I am revisiting my no snacking now. For one, I tend to not eat enough so then a snack it is. But also, it is just lovely to sit down and have a snack and it be a mindful thing! Push that boat!
    Goal 150
    Start 188.8
    10/4/20 P2 Loss 20.8 pounds
    11/15/20 P3 LDW 168
    12/6/20 P4 Adjusted LDW to 169

Second round 1/3/21

Blog Entries
    Thank you my friend
    Ended up not having my party for one as day got a little reshuffled
    Did make a nice beef stew an added a few pieces of sweet potato...

I am trying hard to add things i would like to add to my menu... right now i am good

I think next round i have to start adding more veg to p2... even if my loss is slower....
    right now daily results are less important than final results
    ~AKA Yvonne SA~
    Greetings from Sunny South Africa!
    Round 2 - Start weight 82/180.4 After Loading 83.6/183.92
    Sept '20 - First round since 2015!
    Wk 1= -4.2/9.24 |wk 2= -1.3/2.86 |Wk 3= -1.4/3.08 |Wk 4= -1.3/2.86 |Wk 5= -1/2.2 |Week 6= -.8/.44 |Total loss 10kg/ 22lbs- LIW 178.4
    P3 end week 1 - Up 2.43 (Steak day16 Nov) | week 2 - on LIW | week 3 - up .66 | week 4 on LIW - 9 weeks after LIW 180.4

Blog Entries
    Hi ladies... a big run around weekend while I had my friends car... Still achy today but keeping things quiet

I think it is
    P3/4 day Day 29
    Stable at LIW

Not holding my breath... introduced 2 pieces of sweet potato yesterday and again today
    I baked done treats for friends taking a road trip and she could not resist and had some of my cheesy scones... popped over earlier and she kept me half a scone (regular flour) with cheese on...first contact with complex carbs

Still do not see the need to expose myself to sugar though...
    And think I like my new relationship with carbs... i dont need it
    ~AKA Yvonne SA~
    Wk 1= -4.2/9.24 |wk 2= -1.3/2.86 |Wk 3= -1.4/3.08 |Wk 4= -1.3/2.86 |Wk 5= -1/2.2 |Week 6= -.8/.44 |Total loss 10kg/ 22lbs- LIW 178.4
    P3 end week 1 - Up 2.43 (Steak day16 Nov) | week 2 - on LIW | week 3 - up .66 | week 4 on LIW - 9 weeks after LIW 180.4

Hi ladies... a big run around weekend while I had my friends car... Still achy today but keeping things quiet

I think it is
    P3/4 day Day 29
    Stable at LIW

Not holding my breath... introduced 2 pieces of sweet potato yesterday and again today
    I baked done treats for friends taking a road trip and she could not resist and had some of my cheesy scones... popped over earlier and she kept me half a scone (regular flour) with cheese on...first contact with complex carbs

Still do not see the need to expose myself to sugar though...
    And think I like my new relationship with carbs... i dont need it
    Exciting! And at LIW! That is great! Fingers crossed for the scale!

I hope you get some rest!
    Goal 150
    Start 188.8
    11/15/20 P3 LDW 168

Second round 1/3/21

Blog Entries
    Hi MrsS... thanks
    Truth be told... i was actually 100gm/.22 below LIW but prefer to stick to LIW till I can see the scale being serious...my holiday starts at the end if this week... planning Christmas celebrations meals etc
    Christmas eve at my place this year with a handful if friends....we call it the waifs a strays..
    I volunteered a Christmas meal for a dad who list his job during COVID who has 3 sons aged 18to 22...
    Usually we donate anonymously within the community ... but I have met this gentleman and just offered a Christmas meal... and also offered a Christmas meal for a pensioner/needy couple... i am cooking anyways... why not cook for an army? His gratitude is do humbling... also managed to convince a friend to buy a bicycle rack from him.... extra cash in their coffers

Beauty is that I can do what I love over Christmas and yet do not have to over indulge...
    2030 has been a humbling year...

Christmas day at a friends place...
    ~AKA Yvonne SA~

Blog Entries
    P3/4 Day 31
    UP 100gm/.22 over LIW
    Weight 178.64

Let's see if this week I can experiment a bit.... only thing is there is not a lot I am missing I am quite happy to eat keto/paleo during the week.... I only really would want more over the weekends

In preparation for P2 in January, I will Need to try my PreBiotic and Cranberry juice with water.... ... I realize the cranberry juice might be against protocol, so I may have to get the tablets for P2 instead as for it not to interfere with P2 protocol....

Measured out all the ingredients for Keto Rusks, .... need to start baking for my Keto Snack packs for Christmas...
    I will also try my hand at seeded crackers if I finish this early

I had a request for Keto Fudge... Found one recipe that calls for nut butter and the person asking for the fudge in in fact peanut butter crazy, so I will try that in this recipe instead

Did you know you can make your own sugar free Condensed milk?.... I stumbled upon a recipe I would love to try.... can think of a few nice recipes calling for Condensed milk....
    ~AKA Yvonne SA~

R/P/M
    P2
    You sound really good, Yvonne. So glad you have your break after this week and that you're getting to do what you love--COOK--without overindulging and while helping others. So lovely. Congrats, too, on LIW. I daresay we're all finding our way!

I take an iron supplement that is a sweet liquid, but switch to tablets for P2 without any issue. I hope that's the case for you with the cranberry.

Cheers to getting through this week unscathed!

Blog Entries
    Made a batch of Keto rusks today... i took a chance and made a double recipe... they are indeed yummy... filled only with goodness.... busy drying out in the oven... cant wait to try it out with my morning coffee

I have a friend who is diabetic and we had. Long chat yesterday.... she was concerned that her glycose is a bit out if control.... so I know the first person to become. Recipient of a keto snack pack over Christmas

Chatted to a neighbour earlier about hcg and she is 100% to start in January with me
    ~AKA Yvonne SA~

Made a batch of Keto rusks today... i took a chance and made a double recipe... they are indeed yummy... filled only with goodness.... busy drying out in the oven... cant wait to try it out with my morning coffee

I have a friend who is diabetic and we had. Long chat yesterday.... she was concerned that her glycose is a bit out if control.... so I know the first person to become. Recipient of a keto snack pack over Christmas

Chatted to a neighbour earlier about hcg and she is 100% to start in January with me
    Oh my. I need to try that! Which recipe did you use?
    Goal 150
    Start 188.8
    11/15/20 P3 LDW 168

Second round 1/3/21

Blog Entries
    MrsS i am terrible at bookmarking the recipes but I do have it print it out...its not a cheap recipe but it is yum... i wanted to eat the dough before baking was so nice Almond flour, coconut , buttermilk, butter, a bunch of seeds, cranberries, goyi berries eggs sweetener...
    Hoping to try one this morning with my morning coffee...
    I am surprised, rusks is very much a South African thing... but probably your Dutch heritage possibly introduced you to rusks? But then again it is very much a pioneering food...

Now I need to work out the nutritional values per rusk
    ~AKA Yvonne SA~

MrsS i am terrible at bookmarking the recipes but I do have it print it out...its not a cheap recipe but it is yum... i wanted to eat the dough before baking was so nice Almond flour, coconut , buttermilk, butter, a bunch of seeds, cranberries, goyi berries eggs sweetener...
    Hoping to try one this morning with my morning coffee...
    I am surprised, rusks is very much a South African thing... but probably your Dutch heritage possibly introduced you to rusks? But then again it is very much a pioneering food...

Now I need to work out the nutritional values per rusk
    They are biscotti!

Found this recipe but don't have the ingredients: https://www.sugarspicelifestyle.com/...termilk-rusks/

I may make these first: https://fitmuslimah.com/keto-rusk-biscotti/

It will be so nice to have with coffee in the morning! Oh my!
    Goal 150
    Start 188.8
    11/15/20 P3 LDW 168

Second round 1/3/21

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsstrong View Post
    They are biscotti!
    Biscotti in Italy.. Rusks in South Africa!

https://www.sugarspicelifestyle.com/...termilk-rusks/
    I followed this recipe
    had poppy seeds.. did not use honey.. added a few drops of Stevia to the wet mix because I used Xylitol
    I have a fan assisted oven do generally bake at a lower temperature
    I used small bakers loaves so the baking time was perfect for me

Came out perfect and love them!

For an interesting read.... http://www.beskuitblik.nl/history-of...rusks/?lang=en.... a lot of food evolved due to colonisation... and fusions of nationalities.... With South Africa having a strong Dutch and French heritage... Traditionally our rusks were made with Buttermilk or anisseed... and more of a bread like taste without much sweetness... its only in the past 30 years or so that the healthier seed and fruit versions evolved.... I will still look for a less seedy version... or may even ground a lot more of my seeds .... definitely will make this one again.... and will experiment
    ~AKA Yvonne SA~

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast