Popular Pages :

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Grammy: thyroid results review, PLEASE?

R/P/M
    R4/P2/Rx Injections

Question Grammy: thyroid results review, PLEASE?

Grammy, I would be most grateful for any help you can provide on my most recent thyroid test results. I switched back to Armour after gaining a lot of weight when NatureThroid changed their formula. I did a round of hcg at the beginning of the year and lost ~25 lbs which I am happy about and feeling better, but doing another round now to get off a few more lbs that piled on in the hopes of fitting back into all my clothes from last summer. This blood test was done after 6 week break from the first round:

T4, free: 1.3 (range 0.8-1.8 ng/dL)
    T3, free: 3.9 (range 2.3-4.2 ng/mL)
    T3 reverse: 20 (lc/ms/ms 8-25 ng/dL)
    TSH: <0.01 L (0.40-4.50)

IRON, total: 91 (range 40-190 mcg/dL)
    Iron binding capacity: 387 (range 250-450 mcg/dL, calc)
    % saturation: 24 (11-50 % calc)
    Ferritin: 31 (range 10-232 ng/mL)

Thyroid Antibodies
    Thyroglobulin: <1 (range < or = 1 IU/mL)
    TPO: 1 (range <9 IU/mL)

I am feeling better than I did before, but how I feel has tripped me up in the past and I don't want to rely solely on that. I have an appt with my doctor in a couple of weeks and want to go in armed with any insight you can provide on these results and whether I need to change or switch anything up in order to get me to optimal and at a stable weight.

Super Chief-Ninja Moderator grammy1952's Avatar
    R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    Oh your iron is low, honey. That's why your reverse T3 is so high. Lower your meds (how much are you taking) and see if the doctor will give you a small amount of Cytomel to go with about 1 grain of Armour. Start upping your iron either in Floridix liquid or with lots of iron rich foods. That should fix it. You might need to be on Cytomel about 2 months to clear it out.
    My expert Hcg Diet advice is based specifically on the original Simeons Protocol. Grammy's personal protocol:Grammy's Hcg Diet Protocol
    Grammy's author website: ColleenCoble.com

I am not a medical doctor and my statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition. Please always check with your doctor for medical questions and assistance. Medical Disclaimer:

R/P/M
    R4/P2/Rx Injections

Grammy: thyroid results review, PLEASE?

Thank you so much! Iím on 5 grains of Armour. I was on 4 but that was too low - should I try going to 4.5? As I work on getting my iron up (thanks for the recommendation on what to take), what what would the small amount of Cytomel do and how would I know itís working?

R/P/M
    R4/P2/Rx Injections
    I just looked back at last yearís results and my thyroid numbers were much lower but my iron was MUCH higher (total = 277; binding = 359; saturation = 77%; ferritin = 48). I wonder if the lower iron has anything to do with coming off the hcg round, even though it had been 6 weeks since I stopped when I tested?

R/P/M
    No you need to go to ONE grain of Armour and 2-3 25 mg pills of Cytomel. You can't clear the reverse T3 while taking that much Armour. Here are optimal iron levels below. Your previous iron was too high. Have you ever been told you have a methylation issue? Sometimes high iron is caused by methylation issues (I have it) and high copper is causing it. Taking zinc lowers the copper which then helps the iron. If you can't get a doctor to prescribe Cytomel you could lower to about 3 grains for several weeks and see if it gets better but Cytomel is way better and acts much faster.

IRON RELATED

Women when optimal:

Iron: ~110 (or 23ish in Canadian or European ranges)
    % Sat: ‘close’ to 35% (or .35 in above ranges)
    TIBC: ~low 300’s, sometimes lower
    Ferritin: 50’s or higher (optimal 70-90)
    My expert Hcg Diet advice is based specifically on the original Simeons Protocol. Grammy's personal protocol:Grammy's Hcg Diet Protocol

I am not a medical doctor and my statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition. Please always check with your doctor for medical questions and assistance. Medical Disclaimer:

R/P/M
    R4/P2/Rx Injections

Oh wow - ok got it. This is great info. If I can get the doc to put me on 1 grain of armour + cytomel, about how long do I do that before checking levels again? And then do I go back to 4 or 5 grains of Armour? I donít know how this works (obviously) and am terrified to be back in deep hypo symptoms again. Would the cytomel be taken all at once or at different times? I have never heard I have a methylation issue, will have to look that up. Is it weird that the iron was so high last year and then tanked this year without a major change in diet? Iím struggling to understand how such a swing could happen when (not doing hcg) I basically eat meat, fish, eggs, veggies, some fruit (mostly berries). Lots to talk to the doc about!

R/P/M
    You will feel great on Cytome! I take the desiccated thyroid first thing in the morning then 1 pill of Cytomel around 2. With your high dose, you probably need 2 25 mcg pills of Cytomel so I'd take the desiccated first thing, then Cytomel around 11 then more around 3. It takes 2-3 months to clear the reverse T3 but it may take longer than that to fix the underlying problem of low iron and/or low cortisol. Your stomach acid might be compromised and that's why you aren't absorbing it as well. You might try adding digestive enzymes and HCL capsules to aid in absorption. are you on any acid blockers?

I think you might have been on too much Armour. As you're titering back up, you need to closely monitor your free t3, free T4 and reverse T3. Do you know what your levels were before this current issue rose?

R/P/M
    R4/P2/Rx Injections

Thank you so much for this info and your time, I canít tell you how much I appreciate it. Not on any acid blockers and never had a problem with reflux or stomach acid issues of any kind. I donít have a reverse t3 from last year unfortunately (I donít know why) but by free t4 was 1.0 and free t3 was 2.8 (same ranges as above). My results this time also show something they never have before - my omega 6/omega 3 ratio is way off and in reading Iíve seen that this means there is some inflammation going on, and that could be causing the high RT3 - does that sound right? This is another stumper to me because I donít use vegetable oil or any other high omega 6 oils, only avocado oil and olive oil, and I donít eat processed foods - at all. Iím so confused. Just when I think I have a handle on this and start feeling better something goes haywire and Iím back at square one, or worse because itís some new mystery. My body hates me.

So it sounds like I should retest about every 6 weeks once Iím on the cytomel and 1 grain of Armour? And once the rt3 is cleared out gradually increase the armour if needed and keep testing? And Iím thinking I should probably do the saliva test for cortisol since you mentioned that. I had issues with that before but I feel nothing like that now so it didnít occur to me to check that, and maybe it should have. My doctor is very good about letting me tweak stuff and making any changes I want, so I donít think getting the cytomel will be an issue, thankfully. I look forward to feeling great lol. Will the hcg mess with all of this? Iím only a week into a long round and I want to see it through but donít want to mess myself up worse if itís gonna make working to clear out the RT3 wonky.

R/P/M
    Yes I'd retest every 6 weeks then titer up slowly to make sure you aren't triggering your reverse T3. Until you get your inflammation and iron under control, you may need to stay on some Cytomel. That's what's going on with me right now too so I understand your frustration. Grr! your body may just be using up a lot of omega 3 and you need to supplement or eat more fish. There's a test called a Micronutrient Panel. https://www.spectracell.com/patients...rient-testing/ Your doctor can order it or you can just do it. There's a box you check at the bottom to get your MTHFR methylation done. This test looks for how your cells are processing different nutrients and it can really be helpful in fixing underlying problems.

Low calorie dieting can make reverse T3 worse but as long as you're on Cytomel, that keeps it cleared out. This wouldn't be my choice of a good time to be doing hcg but I understand you wanting to get back in your summer clothes. When you get done, don't diet until you get this fixed though.

R/P/M
    R4/P2/Rx Injections

Ugh, Iím sorry you are going through this too. So frustrating!! Thanks for the link and the test recommendations, I will look into those. Iím up for anything that helps solve these damn mysteries that keep popping up. Gah! Itís like whack-a-mole....

Ok got it, thank you again. I was afraid you were going to say the hcg might mess with it, but Iím glad I can see this round through. Iím so tired of feeling like 10lbs of crap stuffed in a 5lb bag. My appt isnít until next week but given everything youíve said Iím wondering if I should start reducing my armour at least a little to get a jump on things? Should I go to 4 grains this week and maybe 3 next week until the cytomel and 1 go armour comes through after I see the doc?

R/P/M
    Yes it wouldn't hurt to start reducing your Armour. I'd take it down to 4 for now.

Hi ... anyone used liquid hcg? Do you dilute and if so how much. Thank you! (Hi Colleen ... I'm back - pert)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast