Popular Pages :

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Having a hard time stabilizing....try UPPING your calories??

R/P/M
    R4 - Clean up....
    Blog Entries

Having a hard time stabilizing....try UPPING your calories??

Guys, I thought I'd start a conversation about my experiences with R2P3 and exercise. I ended R2P2 on Feb 12. I never saw my LDW again. I would eat super healthy and low cal, then gain. Then I'd get upset from said gain and binge. Then I'd do protein and veggies only for DAYS. Then I'd not lose and get upset. Then I binged again....this happened for 5 weeks...

So I adjusted my LDW up 6 pounds. A lot I know....but I couldn't fight my body any longer. 12 pounds from goal So day 1, I ate 2600 calories, burned about 400 running....and my weight stayed the same. Now day 2, I'm aiming for around 2200 calories. We'll see how this goes. I'm sticking to safe P3 foods. Turkey and beef burgers, eggs, marinara, chicken, minute muffin, cocoa crack, apples, walnuts, and grapes. I get heavy cream in my coffee, but no big batches of whipped cream or mug cake yet. Maybe this weekend if I stay at the same weight til then.

Anyone else have success with this?
    ~Meridith~

1/1/10 - 197 pounds
    Lowest 146.2
    R4 - Start 9/10/11

OK, OK, I made an update thread--http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums...-thread-29977/

R/P/M
    Lifetime Maintenance with the Mind:Body Method
    Blog Entries
    I'm no expert, but from what I've observed around here, your experience is not uncommon, and Dr. S. actually addresses it in P&I.

Beware of Over-enthusiasm
    The other trouble which is frequently encountered immediately after treatment is again due to overenthusiasm. Some patients cannot believe that they can eat fairly normally without regaining weight. They disregard the advice to eat anything they please except sugar and starch and want to play safe. They try more or less to continue the 500-Calorie diet on which they felt to well during treatment and make only minor variations, such as replacing the meat with an egg, cheese or a glass of milk.

To their horror they find that in spite of this bravura their weight goes up. So, following instructions, they skip one meager lunch and at night eat only a little salad and drink a pot of unsweetened tea, becoming increasingly hungry and weak. The next morning they find that they have increased yet another pound. They feel terrible, and even the dreaded swelling of their ankles is back. Normally we check our patients one week after they have been eating freely, but these cases return in a few days. Either their eyes are filled with tears or they angrily imply that when we told them to eat normally we were just fooling them.

Protein deficiency
    Here too the explanation is quite simple. During treatment the patient has been only just above the verge of protein deficiency and has had the advantage of protein being fed back into his system I from the breakdown of fatty tissue. Once the treatment is over there is no more HCG in the body and this process no longer takes place. Unless an adequate amount of protein is eaten as soon as the treatment is over protein deficiency is bound to develop, and this inevitably causes the marked retention of water known as hunger- edema. The treatment is very simple. The patient is told to eat two eggs for breakfast and a huge steak for lunch and dinner followed by a large helping of cheese and to phone through the weight the next morning. When these instructions are followed a stunned voice is heard to report that two lbs. have vanished overnight, that the ankles are normal but that sleep was disturbed, owing to an extraordinary
    need to pass large quantities of water. The patient having learned this lesson usually has no further trouble.
    Started my HCG journey on March 16, 2011

Just for the record, no part of this journey is for the weak.

R/P/M
    R4/P3
    Good luck! I know that I am more likely to stick close to LDW if I eat 2,000+ calories daily with the majority coming from lean meats and veggies. It's very frustrating and discouraging to bounce around on p3. Many people give up. Congrats on sticking through the ups and downs! Maybe some of your weight gain is water retention from working out?
    Mommy to 7, ages 2 years through 14 years and step-mommy to two more

Round 1:
    10/2/10 186 lbs.
    LDW 162.3
    12/21/10 156.6

Round 2:
    1/1/11 155.2 (preload weight)
    1/3/11 161.2 (load weight)
    2/19/11 136.0 (LDW)

Round 3: p2d1: 165
    12/11/12 LDW: 136

Round 4: p2d1 1/25/13
    P3D1 126.4

Round 5: finished at 142

R/P/M
    R4/P3/Homeopathic
    Blog Entries
    Thank you Carolina. I have read that before but it was in the very beginning and I know I skimmed it. That seriously just made my day. =) Seeing Dr. S talk about P3 protocol in anyway seems to make things easier for me.
    FINAL P3 BEGAN: Sunday, April 10th, 2011
    Starting weight before HCG: 156.8
    *****LDW: 118.2*****
    R4P3:
    P3 Week 1 Average: 116.3
    D8 - 116.2
    D9 - 116.8
    D10 - 116.8
    D11 - 117.4*
    D12 - 116.2
    D13 - 118.2
    D14 - 117.4
    P3 Week 2 Average: 117

The treatment is very simple. The patient is told to eat two eggs for breakfast and a huge steak for lunch and dinner followed by a large helping of cheese and to phone through the weight the next morning. When these instructions are followed a stunned voice is heard to report that two lbs. have vanished overnight,
    Very Atkin-zy. It is what seemed to work best for me though, plenty of eggs, chicken, meats, cheese and veggies.
    Sleeveless in Seattle
    If food is not what you need, what is it you really want?

R/P/M
    R4P2 injections
    Blog Entries
    Wow, I totally needed this info reiterated today,...seriously need to take home my P&I tonight and find the time to re-read. I have become incredibly frustrated in P3 with 3.2 lbs gained in the last few days. It appears that my calories are too darn low (1000-1300). Gosh...never thought THAT would be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
    I'm no expert, but from what I've observed around here, your experience is not uncommon, and Dr. S. actually addresses it in P&I.
    dj

ROUND 3 / INJECTIONS - Corion
    LOADING DAY #2

R/P/M
    R4 Break
    Don't forget the fats...very important! Fats are essential for your body to function at its best. Avocados, nuts, diary, etc....
    ~Robbi

Before and almost after photos.... http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums.../diet-journey/

i have heard of this also. Thats why i have increased my cals by 250 each day so far in P3 (im on P3D6). I should be around 2000 cals today. Its actually hard to get to with quantity of food, so im adding in extra fats... mayo, olive oil, avocado, etc. Im about 3lbs under my LDW... so i have been feeling great about getting to the higher amount of calories.
    I think people start increasing their calories and then panic around 1600 if they gain, but in reality... you should continue adding till your body stabilizes. I had a small gain yesterday, but dropped over a pound this morning. Weird how it works, but its true. I had to eat THREE peices of cocoa crack last night to get my calories up! :-)

R/P/M
    R4 - Clean up....
    Blog Entries
    4th day with more calories and I'm within .8 pounds of my stabililized weight. Going to try a mug cake tonight. Maybe.
    ~Meridith~

1/1/10 - 197 pounds
    Lowest 146.2
    R4 - Start 9/10/11

OK, OK, I made an update thread--http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums...-thread-29977/

R/P/M
    R2/P2 RX drops
    Quote Originally Posted by merimatt View Post
    4th day with more calories and I'm within .8 pounds of my stabililized weight. Going to try a mug cake tonight. Maybe.

What is a mug cake? I'm still on phase 2 but getting knowledge built up for phase 3
    Round 1 - 26.6 lbs loss (March 4th - April 28th, 2011) LDW 144.6
    Gained 17.6 pounds back

Round 2 - 18.4 lbs lss (only a smidge more then I put back on after round 1)
    Feb 12, - March 31, 2012 -- LDW 143.8

R/P/M
    R4 - Clean up....
    Blog Entries
    Use the search at the top right for Grammys mug cake and you'll find the recipe. Its a chocolate cake in a coffee mug. I used canned coconut which helped lower the calories and avoid dairy.
    ~Meridith~

1/1/10 - 197 pounds
    Lowest 146.2
    R4 - Start 9/10/11

R/P/M
    R4/P2/Rx injects- waiting for hcg
    Blog Entries
    This happens to me as well..is happening right now lol! Anytime I stop logging my foods I start to gain, because I can't be trusted to eat enough food. I get busy and forget to eat, drinking coffee and tea not noticing that am not putting food in my mouth. You'll hear a ton of people telling you not to count calories and to eat when hungry, but that doesn't always work.
    Kristina, 41 yrs, 5'8"

Starting weight- 234.5
    Lowest -158
    Maintenance for 1 year- 164
    Current- 168

Sep 15 '10 R1/53dayP2/hhcg- 35.1 lbs lost
    Jan 20 '11 R2/55dayP2/hhcg-7.3 load gain, 33.6 lbs lost
    Apr 20 '11 R3/38dayP2/rx injects- 8 lbs load/pms gain, 17 lbs lost..bah! Break time
    Jun 04 '11 R3/28dayP2/rx injects- no load 6 lbs lost/ one size

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast