Popular Pages :


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 18

Thread: Has anyone done HCG Chica's P3 to Life program?

  1. #1

    Has anyone done HCG Chica's P3 to Life program?

    Considering it. However, as a vegetarian I'd need to sub in some veggie proteins. Would love to hear if anyone did it and if it worked, was worth it, how you liked it, etc.
    TIA!

  2. #2
    I would like to know this as well!!

  3. #3
    So...no one? I like the idea of it. If I could sub in fish or veg steak or chik'n strips on it. Was hoping someone had tried.

  4. #4
    Super Member!
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Gold Country, CA
    R/P/M
    R7 P4 hhcg Pellets
    Posts
    1,171
    Quote Originally Posted by HCGmamaof3 View Post
    Considering it. However, as a vegetarian I'd need to sub in some veggie proteins. Would love to hear if anyone did it and if it worked, was worth it, how you liked it, etc.
    TIA!
    So, I signed up for it, but didn't follow the menu plan as there was too much cooking involved! I hate cooking She offered a refund, but I felt like I had gotten so much benefit from just reading the other stuff she posts, that I passed.

    Since then she has added a "build your own menu" type plan that let's you pick and choose what you want to eat, so I'm sure you could adapt it to a vegetarian diet.

    I'd say, go for it, and if you don't like it, ask for a refund. She's very accommodating. I also think she is very inspiring and has really great articles about trigger foods and how to conquer cravings, binge eating, etc. I found it very helpful to read all of that stuff while still in P2, to prepare for what comes next.

    2016 SW: 186.2 GW: 115 HT: 5'3"
    Pre-HCG SW: 175
    Fake drops round:158.7 February 2017
    R1 SW: 158.7 LDW: 152.5 March 2017
    R2 SW: 151.3 LDW: 144.0 May 2017
    R3 SW: 135.9 LDW: 130.9 October 2017
    R4 SW: 137.0 LDW: 132.0 March 2018
    R5 SW: 142.6 LDW: 132.1 November 2018
    R6 SW: 144.8 LDW: 136.1 December 2019
    R7 SW: 138.0 LDW: 130.4 February 2021
    LinderLou

  5. #5
    Thank you! So was the cooking for one person recipes or for a whole family? And was it long/tedius recipes? Did you use some of them? And how did you maintain with her program during P3?

  6. #6
    Super Member!
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Gold Country, CA
    R/P/M
    R7 P4 hhcg Pellets
    Posts
    1,171
    Quote Originally Posted by HCGmamaof3 View Post
    Thank you! So was the cooking for one person recipes or for a whole family? And was it long/tedius recipes? Did you use some of them? And how did you maintain with her program during P3?
    LOL - I am still a work in progress! In P4 right now (which looks more like P3 than P4). Planning another round in Sept/Oct.

    The recipes were for one, but you can double, triple the quantities to make family meals. In general, she had you prepare a portion of something, eat half of it for dinner and then the rest for lunch the next day. I wouldn't call the recipes long and tedious, but for me, if it has more than 3 or 4 ingredients, it takes too much time.

    In my first round, when I got to about a week before P3 was supposed to start, I started freaking out about what to eat, how to prepare it, make sure I was getting enough calories, etc., etc. From reading around the boards, I think a lot of people go through that. Here we've worked so hard in P2 to get these lbs off and now you're telling me I can eat as much as I want (except sugar and starch, or course)? Yikes, I don't want to undo everything now!

    So, I looked through her recipes to get an idea of what to eat and realized that most of it was everyday food, and I could prepare it much simpler. It was an affirmation that I would be OK. Typically, I don't want anything fancy. Dinners are usually steak, hamburger, or chicken thigh (with skin) and a simple salad with avocado in it. It fills me up, and I don't "miss" not eating potatoes, bread, chips, fries or anything like that. I have been doing Atkins for years, so have already made the switch to low-carb (which P3 is), so didn't have to adjust much.

    If you are missing/craving certain foods, she offers a lot of substitute food dishes. Examples: Spanish cauli rice, Pad Thai w/Miracle noodles, Rosemary butternut Zoodles, things like that. She also is very into Smoothies and has an entire video tutorial on them (I think she still has a sweet tooth). I have completely lost my cravings/desires for sweets (thankfully) so had no interest in that.

    Anyway, if that's something you're interested in reading about, I think it's worth it. And, like I said, if you decide it is not for you, I'm sure she would refund you. I find her enthusiasm contagious and continue to go there and read some of the stories she posts.

    Good luck to you

    2016 SW: 186.2 GW: 115 HT: 5'3"
    Pre-HCG SW: 175
    Fake drops round:158.7 February 2017
    R1 SW: 158.7 LDW: 152.5 March 2017
    R2 SW: 151.3 LDW: 144.0 May 2017
    R3 SW: 135.9 LDW: 130.9 October 2017
    R4 SW: 137.0 LDW: 132.0 March 2018
    R5 SW: 142.6 LDW: 132.1 November 2018
    R6 SW: 144.8 LDW: 136.1 December 2019
    R7 SW: 138.0 LDW: 130.4 February 2021
    LinderLou

  7. #7
    I'm totally in the freaking-out phase. But yes, I have done keto, atkins, low carb in the past and done well on it. I do well on eating the same daily. I'm thinking something like:

    b - whole milk latte with fairlife milk and sf syrup or maybe a green smoothie with some protein added
    s - cheese stick, apple
    l - two egg omelet with pico and pepper jack cheese
    d - big salad with avocado, pico and grilled fish
    s - greek yogurt with frozen berries thawed with lemon stevia

    I'm trying to be conscious of not keeping calories too low (want to reset hypothalamus at higher burn rate) but not regaining. I've also read about how keeping some fruit can help prevent it from causing weight gain later... something like that. So trying to not be totally low carb. Your progress is awesome on your ticker!

    P4 sounds terrifying. I think I'll be like you - basically still p3 with once a week cheat meals, something like that. If you go out and get burgers and fries and a milkshake (or similar meal) do you gain immediately? Or can your body handle occasional over indulgences?

  8. #8
    Super Member!
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Gold Country, CA
    R/P/M
    R7 P4 hhcg Pellets
    Posts
    1,171
    Quote Originally Posted by HCGmamaof3 View Post
    I'm totally in the freaking-out phase. But yes, I have done keto, atkins, low carb in the past and done well on it. I do well on eating the same daily. I'm thinking something like:

    b - whole milk latte with fairlife milk and sf syrup or maybe a green smoothie with some protein added
    s - cheese stick, apple
    l - two egg omelet with pico and pepper jack cheese
    d - big salad with avocado, pico and grilled fish
    s - greek yogurt with frozen berries thawed with lemon stevia

    I'm trying to be conscious of not keeping calories too low (want to reset hypothalamus at higher burn rate) but not regaining. I've also read about how keeping some fruit can help prevent it from causing weight gain later... something like that. So trying to not be totally low carb. Your progress is awesome on your ticker!

    P4 sounds terrifying. I think I'll be like you - basically still p3 with once a week cheat meals, something like that. If you go out and get burgers and fries and a milkshake (or similar meal) do you gain immediately? Or can your body handle occasional over indulgences?
    Warning, long post! Once you got me started - well...

    You may want to plug your meal plan into something like FitDay or another app that tells you the breakdown of fat, protein, carbs and calorie counts. I had to do that for the first week just to get the calorie count UP enough. Healthy fats are another good way to get the calories up without stuffing yourself. Butter, mayo, avocado are a great way to up those calories. If you can tolerate it, maybe some SF PB on your apple (PB didn't like me one bit), add in some nuts, I eat pork rinds to stay out of the chips/crackers. I know you're vegetarian, but I don't know how far you carry that. Pork rinds make a great breadcrumb substitute as well.

    P4 is terrifying for me too. I had planned to add in a new food every 3 days or so, but decided it wasn't worth it if I couldn't be home to weigh and assess any reaction. I was able to add back a half sweet potato without any bloating or gain, so that should be a new staple for me, but some people react to it.

    I have not gone out and had burgers, fries and a milkshake. That's what got me here in the first place! I've been taking this step-by-step and methodically so that I don't just turn around and gain back what I've lost. When you eat something reactive to you, you can gain 2-4 pounds overnight (that's what happened to me with PB), or two days later. For me, it took 3 or 4 days of very clean eating and it just went back down. Sometimes with a little extra

    I think a lot of my problem over the years of gaining a pound here and another pound there is that I have been eating those reactive foods and didn't recognize the reaction. This is giving me a chance to reset all of that, get down to a healthy weight for me and go from there. If it means keeping track of everything I eat, every day to figure it out, that's fine by me. Much better than being obese.

    My biggest "cheat" is having a glass of wine a few nights a week. It doesn't seem to affect me adversely. My guilty pleasure

    Thanks for the compliment on my ticker and stats. It has been an incredible journey - all with ups and downs (mostly downs - thank you!). I am hoping to get to goal this year, but if it takes another round after #3, I am OK with that too.

    Oh, and about reactive foods. If you want to learn more about it, get the book THE PLAN by Lyn-Genet Recitas. It was recommended here on the forum, I bought it and read it, cover to cover. It is really informative about reactive foods and makes a lot of sense. Once I get to goal, I plan to use the methodology to try to add back any foods I am missing without messing up my weight loss.

    2016 SW: 186.2 GW: 115 HT: 5'3"
    Pre-HCG SW: 175
    Fake drops round:158.7 February 2017
    R1 SW: 158.7 LDW: 152.5 March 2017
    R2 SW: 151.3 LDW: 144.0 May 2017
    R3 SW: 135.9 LDW: 130.9 October 2017
    R4 SW: 137.0 LDW: 132.0 March 2018
    R5 SW: 142.6 LDW: 132.1 November 2018
    R6 SW: 144.8 LDW: 136.1 December 2019
    R7 SW: 138.0 LDW: 130.4 February 2021
    LinderLou

  9. #9
    Super Chief-Ninja Moderator grammy1952's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    Posts
    47,317
    Her newest book is The Metabolism Plan and it's got some changes to The Plan that make it a little more effective. She tests exercise as well and tests a new food every other day to allow for when there's a delayed reaction.

    You did great, LinderLou!
    My expert Hcg Diet advice is based specifically on the original Simeons Protocol and over 10 years experience as a weight loss and nutrition coach. Grammy's personal protocol:Grammy's Hcg Diet Protocol
    Grammy's author website: ColleenCoble.com

    I am not a medical doctor and my statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition. Please always check with your doctor for medical questions and assistance. Medical Disclaimer:

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by LinderLou View Post
    Warning, long post! Once you got me started - well...

    You may want to plug your meal plan into something like FitDay or another app that tells you the breakdown of fat, protein, carbs and calorie counts. I had to do that for the first week just to get the calorie count UP enough. Healthy fats are another good way to get the calories up without stuffing yourself. Butter, mayo, avocado are a great way to up those calories. If you can tolerate it, maybe some SF PB on your apple (PB didn't like me one bit), add in some nuts, I eat pork rinds to stay out of the chips/crackers. I know you're vegetarian, but I don't know how far you carry that. Pork rinds make a great breadcrumb substitute as well.

    P4 is terrifying for me too. I had planned to add in a new food every 3 days or so, but decided it wasn't worth it if I couldn't be home to weigh and assess any reaction. I was able to add back a half sweet potato without any bloating or gain, so that should be a new staple for me, but some people react to it.

    I have not gone out and had burgers, fries and a milkshake. That's what got me here in the first place! I've been taking this step-by-step and methodically so that I don't just turn around and gain back what I've lost. When you eat something reactive to you, you can gain 2-4 pounds overnight (that's what happened to me with PB), or two days later. For me, it took 3 or 4 days of very clean eating and it just went back down. Sometimes with a little extra

    I think a lot of my problem over the years of gaining a pound here and another pound there is that I have been eating those reactive foods and didn't recognize the reaction. This is giving me a chance to reset all of that, get down to a healthy weight for me and go from there. If it means keeping track of everything I eat, every day to figure it out, that's fine by me. Much better than being obese.

    My biggest "cheat" is having a glass of wine a few nights a week. It doesn't seem to affect me adversely. My guilty pleasure

    Thanks for the compliment on my ticker and stats. It has been an incredible journey - all with ups and downs (mostly downs - thank you!). I am hoping to get to goal this year, but if it takes another round after #3, I am OK with that too.

    Oh, and about reactive foods. If you want to learn more about it, get the book THE PLAN by Lyn-Genet Recitas. It was recommended here on the forum, I bought it and read it, cover to cover. It is really informative about reactive foods and makes a lot of sense. Once I get to goal, I plan to use the methodology to try to add back any foods I am missing without messing up my weight loss.
    I plan to use a calorie counting app (love fitness pal) as I am doing now. OMG I used to love pork rinds, xtra hot kind. I don't plan on going out for a "bad" meal very often, but I'd like to get to where once a month or something I could eat Culver's (love their veggie burgers, onion rings and pb cup concrete mixer) with my hubby and kids, KWIM? But I guess that's probably a ways into p4.

    I've had eggs and cottage cheese on P2, so I don't think I have issues with those. Maybe nuts though. I'd actually LIKE to have a reaction to something. It feels like it would give me a better framework for what to eat on P4 and life (for example, not eating dairy. That would help me big time LOL.)

    I've got the metabolism plan on hold at the library! I like the idea behind Trim healthy mama too. Might try that one as well.

    Just saw your siggy - what happened with the fake drops?

  11. #11
    Super Member!
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Gold Country, CA
    R/P/M
    R7 P4 hhcg Pellets
    Posts
    1,171
    Quote Originally Posted by HCGmamaof3 View Post
    I plan to use a calorie counting app (love fitness pal) as I am doing now. OMG I used to love pork rinds, xtra hot kind. I don't plan on going out for a "bad" meal very often, but I'd like to get to where once a month or something I could eat Culver's (love their veggie burgers, onion rings and pb cup concrete mixer) with my hubby and kids, KWIM? But I guess that's probably a ways into p4.

    I've had eggs and cottage cheese on P2, so I don't think I have issues with those. Maybe nuts though. I'd actually LIKE to have a reaction to something. It feels like it would give me a better framework for what to eat on P4 and life (for example, not eating dairy. That would help me big time LOL.)

    I've got the metabolism plan on hold at the library! I like the idea behind Trim healthy mama too. Might try that one as well.

    Just saw your siggy - what happened with the fake drops?
    Going out to eat once you've done all your research and testing shouldn't be an issue. You might want to start with the veggie burger, but bunless, and only a couple of onion rings to start (have no idea what a concrete mixer is). You just have to decide what is more important, a couple of pounds on the scale or eating what you used to eat. Example: last night we went to our local restaurant and I ordered the 5 Tiger Prawns appetizer for dinner, completely forgetting that they are breaded! The food arrived, and I thought, oh well, this will be my "breaded" test, knowing it wasn't going to end well. This morning, up a pound, BUT I know how to get back down again, so I'm not really worried about it. Just clean eating for me for the next few days and lots of water

    You're very lucky you can eat eggs and cottage cheese in P2. When you get to P3, you'll get to eat the full fat cottage cheese and sour cream - this is my big reward when I get to P3. Not sure I read it right about not eating dairy... If you don't want to eat it, don't. You don't HAVE to eat things that you don't react to. Reactions are just a guide to what you should stay away from (like my breaded experiment).

    Glad you're reading those books. Everything we learn, even if you don't follow the plan to a tee, helps in decision making about food every day.

    Yeah, the fake drops. That was an eye opener... So got a glossy post card advertisement one day that says "Lose 30 pounds in 30 days" from what looked like a local chiro. Did some research and found his patients' had videos on youtube giving testimonials about their weight loss with HCG. Did more research and found some "hcg like" products being sold by GNC and at Walmart. Thought I would give it a try. Read Pounds and Inches, bought the foods and started the "diet" with fake drops, 3 times a day. Not sure how, but I made it through 2 weeks and started STARVING. Yes, I lost about 15 lbs, but in all the wrong places (face, the girls). Read Pounds and Inches again and realized that my experience was NOTHING like it should have been. THEN, I found this forum! Read a bunch of stuff, read the label on the drops and confirmed they had no hcg in them at all. Ordered the RX hcg and when they finally arrived, started on my real journey. By day 3, I could literally see and feel weight coming off of my thighs and inner knees. I finally dug out my scale and started recording my daily progress. I don't measure on a regular basis, but go more by how my clothes fit (tight size 16 to size 10 now). And the shape shifting in my body continues, even in P4.

    Sorry, long story, but I hope it helps someone else sometime.

    The sad thing is that in my googling research, I found SO MUCH negative press about hcg. Posts about how dangerous it is. Studies that showed it had no benefit over a placebo, yada, yada. So much that I almost didn't do it. This forum convinced me otherwise

    And as far as those studies go, I am walking, breathing proof that there IS A HUGE difference between doing 500 calories on a placebo (fake drops) and on hcg - HUGE! But that's not how those studies were conducted. Besides, at least one of them was done by the American Society of Bariatric Physicians. Gee, I wonder what the desired outcome was there? I've also read that many/most of the studies were done in a way that didn't follow the original protocol, so what were they really studying? If you read around the boards here, too high of a dose can prevent/slow losses and increase hunger, so if the study was conducted with a dose too high for the patient, that would skew the results too.

    Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it

    2016 SW: 186.2 GW: 115 HT: 5'3"
    Pre-HCG SW: 175
    Fake drops round:158.7 February 2017
    R1 SW: 158.7 LDW: 152.5 March 2017
    R2 SW: 151.3 LDW: 144.0 May 2017
    R3 SW: 135.9 LDW: 130.9 October 2017
    R4 SW: 137.0 LDW: 132.0 March 2018
    R5 SW: 142.6 LDW: 132.1 November 2018
    R6 SW: 144.8 LDW: 136.1 December 2019
    R7 SW: 138.0 LDW: 130.4 February 2021
    LinderLou

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by LinderLou View Post
    Going out to eat once you've done all your research and testing shouldn't be an issue. You might want to start with the veggie burger, but bunless, and only a couple of onion rings to start (have no idea what a concrete mixer is). You just have to decide what is more important, a couple of pounds on the scale or eating what you used to eat. Example: last night we went to our local restaurant and I ordered the 5 Tiger Prawns appetizer for dinner, completely forgetting that they are breaded! The food arrived, and I thought, oh well, this will be my "breaded" test, knowing it wasn't going to end well. This morning, up a pound, BUT I know how to get back down again, so I'm not really worried about it. Just clean eating for me for the next few days and lots of water

    You're very lucky you can eat eggs and cottage cheese in P2. When you get to P3, you'll get to eat the full fat cottage cheese and sour cream - this is my big reward when I get to P3. Not sure I read it right about not eating dairy... If you don't want to eat it, don't. You don't HAVE to eat things that you don't react to. Reactions are just a guide to what you should stay away from (like my breaded experiment).

    Glad you're reading those books. Everything we learn, even if you don't follow the plan to a tee, helps in decision making about food every day.

    Yeah, the fake drops. That was an eye opener... So got a glossy post card advertisement one day that says "Lose 30 pounds in 30 days" from what looked like a local chiro. Did some research and found his patients' had videos on youtube giving testimonials about their weight loss with HCG. Did more research and found some "hcg like" products being sold by GNC and at Walmart. Thought I would give it a try. Read Pounds and Inches, bought the foods and started the "diet" with fake drops, 3 times a day. Not sure how, but I made it through 2 weeks and started STARVING. Yes, I lost about 15 lbs, but in all the wrong places (face, the girls). Read Pounds and Inches again and realized that my experience was NOTHING like it should have been. THEN, I found this forum! Read a bunch of stuff, read the label on the drops and confirmed they had no hcg in them at all. Ordered the RX hcg and when they finally arrived, started on my real journey. By day 3, I could literally see and feel weight coming off of my thighs and inner knees. I finally dug out my scale and started recording my daily progress. I don't measure on a regular basis, but go more by how my clothes fit (tight size 16 to size 10 now). And the shape shifting in my body continues, even in P4.

    Sorry, long story, but I hope it helps someone else sometime.

    The sad thing is that in my googling research, I found SO MUCH negative press about hcg. Posts about how dangerous it is. Studies that showed it had no benefit over a placebo, yada, yada. So much that I almost didn't do it. This forum convinced me otherwise

    And as far as those studies go, I am walking, breathing proof that there IS A HUGE difference between doing 500 calories on a placebo (fake drops) and on hcg - HUGE! But that's not how those studies were conducted. Besides, at least one of them was done by the American Society of Bariatric Physicians. Gee, I wonder what the desired outcome was there? I've also read that many/most of the studies were done in a way that didn't follow the original protocol, so what were they really studying? If you read around the boards here, too high of a dose can prevent/slow losses and increase hunger, so if the study was conducted with a dose too high for the patient, that would skew the results too.

    Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it
    Thanks. It's always a struggle for me, (I've lost the same 20 lbs like 10 times in my life) once I get to a better weight to not eat like "everyone else." I guess we'd all like to be "that girl" who can eat anything and still be thin. I know that is something I need to conquer.

    Bunless veggie burger is a great idea. I want to work on the eating to hunger thing, too.

    OMG, whole fat anything sounds delicious to me.

    Congrats on all your success! You should be so proud! And esp. for doing all your research after your bad experience. I too thought it was a bunch of baloney, but after my mom and brother did it and my brother showed me his fat loss results I knew I had to try it. Honestly, it's been so easy. It's taken me two weeks what would have taken me 6 months and not being hungry at all? Plus losing mostly fat?!? I can't imagine losing weight any other way. And I"m hoping I'll never have to. I'm hoping this is the LAST "diet" I ever have to do!

    (Unless we have another baby, which is entirely possible, as my husband just reversed his vasectomy for me after getting it down 2 years ago. We have three kids already, 5, 8 and 10. I know, I'm crazy.)

    Oh yeah, and those studies: Not a fan of big pharma.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •