Popular Pages :

Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Mid July 2013 P3'ers! Accountability buddies!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotlandforever View Post
    Melmom.......YES, absolutely it sounds like peri-menopause is your problem too!!! Like I said, I know the gluten is the devil for me!! I knew when I gained 18 lbs. out of the BLUE and a whole bunch of other things in my body were happening that something was going on. I even cut out dairy AND sugar for a whole month and did NOT lose 1 ounce!! I was beyond frustrated and researched and researched and like you know the hcg diet is the only thing that has worked....YEAHHH!!!!

Hi Lola!! Thank-You for the welcome I started my load days 6/26/13......I was going to do 30 days of P2 which will be done in a week from today, BUT I would really like to lose another 7 lbs. so we shall see??? I was up .7 this morning but my TOM arrived and after all the reading on here, I figure it must be from that!!! Or so I hope

Keep up the GREAT work everybody!!! And thanks again for all you updates and stories...I love it!!!!
    Ugh... Up 2.2 over LIW today. And yesterday I had been very faithful to the P3 food list. I don't know when my TOM is really because with and IUD I don't really have one... My discouraged self is doing a steak day... :/

Scotlandforever, are there any particular tests that I should ask my Gyn for? Also, the diet clinic I went to said hormone replacement was really the only solution at $2k per year... So essentially, just sit back and get old and fat or spend a whooooooole lot of money addressing the issue. Excellent advice, eh? So whatever discoveries or advice you might have to help me that's more enlightening than "sorry, fat girl, you're just getting old" would be so appreciated!!!
    Oh - I gained weight on a VEGAN diet. Crazy...

Quote Originally Posted by melmom21 View Post
    Ugh... Up 2.2 over LIW today. And yesterday I had been very faithful to the P3 food list. I don't know when my TOM is really because with and IUD I don't really have one... My discouraged self is doing a steak day... :/

Scotlandforever, are there any particular tests that I should ask my Gyn for? Also, the diet clinic I went to said hormone replacement was really the only solution at $2k per year... So essentially, just sit back and get old and fat or spend a whooooooole lot of money addressing the issue. Excellent advice, eh? So whatever discoveries or advice you might have to help me that's more enlightening than "sorry, fat girl, you're just getting old" would be so appreciated!!!
    Oh - I gained weight on a VEGAN diet. Crazy...
    It is probably just water weight......I was up .8 yesterday and low and behole my TOM started. I was down 1.2 today so I'm good with that!! I actually told my regular doctor about my symptoms and was VERY insistant that I was probably in peri-menopause as my birth mother (I was adopted) went through it VERY young as well....and I have totally followed suit with her in many things!! When I went back in she agreed that it was probably peri-menopause but wanted me to make an appt. with my obgyn and have a vaginal ultrasound and go over my bloodwork. Reason for ultrasound was to make sure nothing weird was going on inside as to why my periods have been whacky for the last 8 months! NO NO, I do NOT believe in hormonal replacement at all.....I will do the all natural approach before that crap for sure!! Many older women who did the hormone replacement have horror stories. Anyway, I take something called Dim-Plus by Nature's Way that really helps!! I also take other supplements.....omega 3/6 and whatnot and believe that really helps too. Yes, definately ask your doctor that you want all your hormone levels checked and he/she may or may not have the answers.....so then you will at least have your results like I did and take them to your obgyn. I would totally gain on a vegan diet too.....I just know in the past before all the peri-menopause crap that my body did GREAT with cheese, hwc, mayonnaise, half & half, meats, veggies.....even corn chips/guacamole/salsa.....and occasional potatoes and rice.....just NOT wheat/white flour!!!! Anyway, hope this has helped somewhat....as I have mentioned before, I super stoked to be losing this peri-menopause weight but still nervous for P3!!! YIKES!!!

Kannia, do yoi jave qny really good paleo links? I think I might just use it from here on out, sensitivities to gluten, milk casien and white sugar might make the paleo diet perfect for me. Maybe my people were hunter gatherer? Lol.

Also... I drink almond milk unsweetened cuz I get the biggest bang for my buck, 35 calories for a cup of goodness, no added sugars and no dairy or soy (soy is bad for fibroids) aaaand it doesnt taste too bad! If youre good with milk, I would squeeze your nose out of jealousy, but say have fun with all that delish cheese and cream in P3!
    Diva88

R/P/M
    R3/P2/Rx SubQ
    Lol I can't have milk, upsets my stomach I suffer for cheese tho!

This is a great link that explains the paleo diet: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2010...he-paleo-diet/

And the first embedded video, Why You Got Fat, OMG it's so funny and explains it so well!

R/P/M
    P2/Inj
    I think I am stabilizing around 118. This is where I ended up last time in R1 after losing 2 lbs in P3 the first round. Maybe this is my body's happy place? I stayed at 118.2 all weekend, then this AM I am at 118 exactly. Also I think TOM is around the corner? I have really bad cravings to eat anything & everything (even though I am not hungry!), but I didn't I'm so proud of myself! Right now I'm enjoying a breakfast smoothie - 1/2 banana, Jay Robb egg protein powder, unsweetened almond milk & a T of almond butter. Such a great way to start the day! Happy Monday!

Diva- another good paleo website is nomnompaleo. I hear they have amazing recipes! I am trying the paleo style too except i am having a hard time giving up dairy.

Welcome RKGina! I hope its going well for you!

Scotland- Welcome to you too!

Lola- you are maintaianing wonderfully. Congrats! thats amazing

Lucky- in this forum there is a thread called P3 information or something like thart and it has amazing information on what to eat and not on p3. I would stick to eggs in the breakfasts (if you clear eggs). For mayo- Dukes is the only one with no sugar and most people stick to fage yogurt at first because i think it doesnt have added sugars. I snack on veggies and almonds (if you clear them).

hbugs- I am jealous at how you have made it to your goal and seem to be doing amazingly on P3. Good for you!

melmom- I am also doing a CD today. Too much wine over the weekend.

As for me. Not doing so well. Yesterday I woke up at 1.8 over LIW but I had a brunch to go to so i knew that i would be over. I had a cobb salad with no dressing and then had roasted chicken and veggies for dinner (which i cooked- strictly P3), had some proscuitto and cheese 2 glasses of champagne at brunch and today I am up 2.6 above LDW!!!!! Grrrrrrrr. I know its totally my fault since I really should have done a high protein day. I cant fathom doing a steak day so i am trying a chicken thigh day. If i dont go back to LDW then ill try another CD tomorrow. This sucks!!!!!!
    [

R/P/M
    R4P3
    Today is my last 24 hours of the 72 hours...I am hoping I can stabilize and never need a steak day but I doubt it!
    Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels

Quote Originally Posted by RKGina View Post
    Today is my last 24 hours of the 72 hours...I am hoping I can stabilize and never need a steak day but I doubt it!
    RKGina, have faith. Many people stabilize great. I am just having issues since i got on thyroid meds. All other rounds (except the one i was doing when i found out my daughter was on her way), I have stabilized great. My issue has been the last 2 rounds with the thyroid meds. You will do fine. Make sure you do the next few hours to the T so you have a cushion. I didnt have a cushion which makes it harder. All the best!
    [

Cool Wish me luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by RKGina View Post
    Tomorrow morning ..... ohhhh man I can't wait! LOLOL I'm a real mess about starting this P3 portion, but I have reams of notes and YOU guys, so ... here I go! I have a nice even LDW number to remember, too!! LOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by lucky1135 View Post
    Tomorrow morning ..... ohhhh man I can't wait! LOLOL I'm a real mess about starting this P3 portion, but I have reams of notes and YOU guys, so ... here I go! I have a nice even LDW number to remember, too!! LOLOL
    wooohooo....BEST of luck!!!! I'm almost there....ALMOST!!!!!

R/P/M
    R3/P2/Rx SubQ
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky1135 View Post
    Good luck! You can do it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kannia View Post
    Good luck! You can do it!!!
    Thanks everyone. Did ya'll hear the singing this morning?? ☼ ♪♫ I had REAL CREAM in my coffee. ~sigh~ And a spinach omlette. (I've had eggs okay in P2) Only problem is I'm still feeling VERY full and it's already 11:30. Hmmmmmm. I went grocery shopping this morning and found a bonanza of sugar free stuff - WEGMANS' organic mayo has no sugar or sugar-like stuff, and they carry an organic ranch dressing, same thing. Got the Fage yogurt and MUSHROOMS!! Will have my normal chicken over greens for lunch, MIGHT add the dressing, not sure yet as I don't want to overdo it the first day. But dinner is salmon and asparagus with ... another big sigh ... butter. LOL

Quick question, though. Can you have ANY 'grains" in P3? I found Qia - a "chia, buckwheat, and Hemp cereal." I'd really like to bring that along on my trip, but will wait for your advice.

Thanks!

Pat

Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast