Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Mid July 2013 P3'ers! Accountability buddies!

R/P/M
    R9P2 (5 rounds after pregnancy 1, 3 rounds after preganancy2), Inj
    Oh my gosh this thread is starting to move fast and I can't keep up! Love it! Welcome to everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by lucky1135 View Post
    Last Drops today - am dreaming of coffee with cream and a veggie omlette! NOMS!!! SO I have a TON of questions - PLEASE can someone help me??? No one replied in the Phase 3 section and I am getting soooooooooooooooooooo nervous.

I go on vacation (yeah, duh moment) on the 27th of this month. It's for 2 weeks, and we are driving and touring many mid-western states. ALL hotels have the 'free breakfast' - so what do I choose? Hard boiled eggs? Yogurt? I know I can't have the bagels ANY other suggestions for the rest of the meals out would be amazing. I am planning on doing salads for lunch every day, you know, like ceasar with chicken, etc. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!

thanks!
    Pat
    Pat: Do the hotels have just continental breakfast or full breakfast? You will be starting your second week of P3 so you should be okay with an omelet station if they have it! just make sure they are using olive oil and load it up with veggies, tell them to add a little cheese. That plus any fresh fruit they have should be fine. If its just continental maybe you can keep containers of plain yogurt cold and add their fruit. For lunch if you are going to do salads ask for oil and vinegar on the side. Otherwise you may get a lot of sugar in their dressings. Try to have protein at every meal and keep your salt intake down. I am going away the week after you and I am having the same issue. I got a room with a microwave and refrigerator so I can bring food.

LolaNoodle: It might be the salt! Restaurants add salt to everything for flavor!

So for today the scale didn't move...yup .5 from goal weight and now the scale is being stubborn! oh well. Yesterday I got the results back from both my daughters blood work and my oldest tested positive for gluten sensitivity and my youngest was negative. Which is the complete opposite of what I thought. I am having them retested because I think the lab mixed the results. Regardless, we are becoming a gluten free family...my poor husband is out numbered!

Every one sounds like they are doing fantastic! Have a great day!
    ~Jill
    71lbs lost, 23.2 BMI

The best project you will ever work on is YOU!

R/P/M
    R4P3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kannia View Post
    I'm on my second day off the 500 VLCD, so day 5 P3? I think? Lol.

I've become addicted to HIIT exercise, OMG it's fantastic! I love that you keep burning so much fat for up to 24 hours after working out, it's amazing! I've tried p90x in the past, and it was way to hard for me to breathe (asthma) to continue or be effective. With HIIT, you take breaks between each exercise, so it's great for me! If you haven't heard or read about it before, google it! (HIIT stands for high intensity interval training). The DVD that I use is Speed Shred, mostly because the guy used to be very heavy and is now one of the top 20 bodies in the USA, and he's very funny as well as delicious to look at lol.

You don't need a DVD though, you could run in place really fast for a minute, then walk around for 2 minutes...rinse and repeat for a total of 15 minutes. The science behind why it's so effective is why I started in the first place, but the fact that its so much easier on my asthma to do is what kept me going. I didn't exercise at all in P2, so I'm really excited to be doing it again!!
    Def gonna check it out... I run/walk the treadmill everyday. I also have a mountain bike, and if it ever stops raining, I will ride the trails.

I know how to do the low carb thing...have done really well on the Atkins diet in the past.I know carbs are my downfall...the changes in my body when I stay away from them are crazy! But being italian, I love pasta and bread! Ugh!!!!

R/P/M
    R3/P2/Rx SubQ
    I LOVE bread! But I've found a really great alternative that is P3 friendly, and tastes good! It uses almond flour, which is pricey at $10 a pound, but I get to make all kinds of things that I couldn't eat otherwise I also sub in coconut butter for the real butter. I don't make it in the muffin top pan, because I don't have one, so I use a regular bread pan and just slice it.

Here's the recipe:
    http://cavemanketo.com/2012/02/15/fa...l-almond-buns/

Edit to add: next I'm going to make it my mission to find an almond flour pasta recipe....because pasta is the second love of my life lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Scotlandforever View Post
    only plain yogurt (no sugar) is alright
    What brand of yogurt has no sugar???? I was at the store today and couldn't find ANY that was sugarless. Also how about mayonaise? Some said something like 'not a significant amount' or something like that. I :::gasp::: really don't like salad dressings, so NOT having them eating out will be fine. And, unfortunately all these hotels were booked long before HCG so no kitchenettes in any of them. We ARE planning on buying a cheapie cooler once we get our rental car, so we can toss in waters, fruits, etc. OH.. .one more question ... any good "snack" ideas for the long plane ride? With people crunching pretzels all around me I'd like to be able to pull out something good for me. Would celery sticks work okay?

Thanks so much for your support and help. It was SO hard going through this P2 stage I don't want to undo all my rewards.

Pat

I do apples and fruit on planes, some nuts if you have already cleared them...but please whatever you do, bring something, because my planeride down here in Florida was miserable with no breakfast and only a bag of cashews to guiltily munch on the plane....thank god for drammamine, I slept through most of the connecting flight. .

Sooooo....trouble in paradise? I'm 4 days in florida without a digital scale. Gideon help me. Mom-made Caribbean food, with all sorts of spices, coconut cream and random yumminess, and nothing to check out whether any of this is doing damage!
    Gave a talk tonight and Mom made all kinds of delish "back home" foods for the crowd... cheh- dashin soup, codfish balls, fried dough cakes, gateaux bread, petite pan (little bite sized brown bread loafs) and couscous with crasins and roasted veggies. The only thing I could eat was the soup and these turkey meatballs she made just for me. I was drooling just looking at all the breaded goodness around me.
    Well the talk went so great, everyone seemed genuinely appreciative of the info, and they were such a great audience, that I felt right at home and forgot all about the wafting smell of wheat everywhere...

I hope the two fish balls I had (there was trace potato and panko on them) and the sherry im sipping on now (self congratulatory sipping, my Dad has NO wine.. smh) dont do any serious damage...
    Other than that I dont think I'm eating enough...I need to feel that im getting enough bulk and calories so I stabilize at a decent level before I start working out in 2 weeks.

Oh! Thanks to the lovely who let me in on hiit! High impact interval training? Sign me up for a non asthmatic workout experience! Im thinking it might be what im looking for!
    Hugs to you all, and keep up the good fight!
    Gnight!

R/P/M
    R4P3
    I LOVE bread! But I've found a really great alternative that is P3 friendly, and tastes good! It uses almond flour, which is pricey at $10 a pound, but I get to make all kinds of things that I couldn't eat otherwise I also sub in coconut butter for the real butter. I don't make it in the muffin top pan, because I don't have one, so I use a regular bread pan and just slice it.

Here's the recipe:

Edit to add: next I'm going to make it my mission to find an almond flour pasta recipe....because pasta is the second love of my life lol!
    I love almond milk so that just might work!

I looked up the HIIT workout and they even have them for the treadmill! I am gonna start today! Very excited and thank you so much for that tip!

Got on the scale this morning and as down a pound! Was trying to make 155 by Tuesday and then stabilize. I know they say to start stabilizing on your last injection, but with 72 hours left of hcg still in my body, why waste it!?!?! I won't be disappointed if I don't make it, I am pretty much at goal, and the thinnest I have been since the mid nineties. I guess I shouldn't be greedy.

Starting to look forward to P3 by reading all the posts. It helped so much to know I am not alone, and other have the same obstacles and concerns as me!

R/P/M
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky1135 View Post
    What brand of yogurt has no sugar???? I was at the store today and couldn't find ANY that was sugarless. Also how about mayonaise? Some said something like 'not a significant amount' or something like that. I :::gasp::: really don't like salad dressings, so NOT having them eating out will be fine. And, unfortunately all these hotels were booked long before HCG so no kitchenettes in any of them. We ARE planning on buying a cheapie cooler once we get our rental car, so we can toss in waters, fruits, etc. OH.. .one more question ... any good "snack" ideas for the long plane ride? With people crunching pretzels all around me I'd like to be able to pull out something good for me. Would celery sticks work okay?

Thanks so much for your support and help. It was SO hard going through this P2 stage I don't want to undo all my rewards.

Pat
    All yogurt has sugar in it from the milk. Its natural sugar and its okay to have. I prefer Fage 0% plain greek yogurt. I also have Oikos 0%. Once you clear yogurt you can graduate to 2%! I forgot to say most Greek yogurt has about 9grams of fat listed. Read the listed ingredients to be sure there is no added sugars.
    ~Jill
    71lbs lost, 23.2 BMI

R/P/M

Here's the recipe:

Kannia:
    Thanks for this link! I am collecting all the recipes I can since this whole gluten free diet thing is new to me. Do you make your own pasta? I have found quinoa pasta in the grocery store and its pretty good. I am going to trader joes tomorrow to see what else I can find. I like to bake but Im not sure I can make pasta!
    ~Jill
    71lbs lost, 23.2 BMI

R/P/M
    So a happy morning for me! Down another -0.5 and I have reached my goal weight!!! Woohoo, I did a happy dance! Still concerned about maintaining since I have yet to do so.

Now the real challenge begins. I leave to spend the next two days at my parents house which is not P3 friendly nor gluten free friendly. I have a huge bag of food that I am bringing for the kids and myself. Hopefully I can "help" my dad cook dinners and steer him away from the not so friendly foods.

Hope you all have a fantastic day!
    ~Jill
    71lbs lost, 23.2 BMI

R/P/M
    Black Friday Hcg Diet Doc Coupon Codes
    So a happy morning for me! Down another -0.5 and I have reached my goal weight!!! Woohoo, I did a happy dance! Still concerned about maintaining since I have yet to do so.

Now the real challenge begins. I leave to spend the next two days at my parents house which is not P3 friendly nor gluten free friendly. I have a huge bag of food that I am bringing for the kids and myself. Hopefully I can "help" my dad cook dinners and steer him away from the not so friendly foods.

Hope you all have a fantastic day!
    ~Jill
    71lbs lost, 23.2 BMI

Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast