Popular Pages :

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: MissM's first P3

Blog Entries
    MissM
    I still think its fhe brine....containing sugar
    If you recall my P3 week 1.... i had 3 days of having Sweetened almond milk... and it created havoc on the scale
    I think that hidden sugar was the culprit....LOL... imho of. Course
    ~AKA Yvonne SA~
    Greetings from Sunny South Africa!
    Round 2 - Start weight 82/180.4 After Loading 83.6/183.92
    Sept '20 - First round since 2015!
    Wk 1= -4.2/9.24 |wk 2= -1.3/2.86 |Wk 3= -1.4/3.08 |Wk 4= -1.3/2.86 |Wk 5= -1/2.2 |Week 6= -.8/.44 |Total loss 10kg/ 22lbs- LIW 178.4
    P3 end week 1 - Up 2.43 (Steak day16 Nov) | week 2 - on LIW | week 3 - up .66 | week 4 on LIW - 9 weeks after LIW 180.4

R/P/M
    P2
    Quote Originally Posted by FlirtyFlo View Post
    MissM
    I still think its fhe brine....containing sugar
    If you recall my P3 week 1.... i had 3 days of having Sweetened almond milk... and it created havoc on the scale
    I think that hidden sugar was the culprit....LOL... imho of. Course
    You very likely could be right, Yvonne. However, I am technically in P4 range now, and you'd think something like that wouldn't be such a big deal. Oh well. Live and learn.

R/P/M
    P2

steak day magic

Happy to report the steak day did its magic and the scale is down to 144.2 this morning, 1 below LIW, and a 3.8 drop from yesterday's high.

So, three cheers for the steak day!!

Of course, now I'm a bit paranoid about how to continue eating at this point, though I know I should just go about my business and get back to normal, right? Not try to continue playing with IF or go super low carb or any other shenanigans? And what to do with all that leftover turkey, dammit! Part of me is tempted to try it again now that all the skin is gone. I certainly did eat plenty of turkey without it causing a problem until I ate all the crispy skin. Oh well. I guess I'll give it a rest for a couple of days anyway. I do still have a little bit of room in the freezer to put the leftover meat, but the gallon of soup is another thing altogether.

By the by, I did score a Cyber Monday deal on a little chest freezer for my garage. It's been on my wish list for a while to stockpile my Butcherbox meats. It's only 5 cu ft, so nothing I could store a body in or anything, but I think it will help as I try to plan ahead and manage shifting proteins from P3/P4 back to P2 in six weeks or so. And though I do my best to combat my ingrained scarcity mentality, it does give me a sense of peace and security to have plenty of meat on hand as we enter what the media are promising is going to be very scary pandemic times in the coming months.

Speaking of which, I also tried out another grocery delivery service, this time from Aldi. It added up to something like an additional $12 for service fees and a tip on my small order, so it's doable if needed.

Back to grading for me this morning until I can take a break for pilates at 11. I finished up one class last night and hope to finish the other class today. It will feel so good to have that done! Then I can get to more sorting and unpacking before my dear friends arrive this weekend for a little housewarming celebration. I've given them a heads up about no sugar/starches/alcohol, and they're going with the flow. It helps for me to be able to say to people it's doctor's orders for my thyroid health. For them to push back is like their saying go on and hurt yourself for me, won't you? It generally just doesn't happen.

Meeting with the new studio owner to go over logistics before I begin teaching barre again tomorrow. Orthodontist appointment followed by a session in the infrared sauna after that. A little treat to celebrate getting in my grades. Another academic term in the books. I think I'm getting the hang of treating myself with things that aren't food or drink!

Chief Moderator (my happy place :) Leez's Avatar
    R/P/M
    M: at goal May 2015 77# lost wHCG injections
    Blog Entries
    Glad you had a great result from your steak day. I just love that it works that way so often. Its a wonderful thing to see the scale drop below LIW anytime it happens, but especially after a steak day.

Of course, now I'm a bit paranoid about how to continue eating at this point, though I know I should just go about my business and get back to normal, right? Not try to continue playing with IF or go super low carb or any other shenanigans?
    Yes, back to normal P3 that you know has worked for you so far. This is not the time to test anything, though. Keep it simple and plain and eat enough, but not past your satisfaction level. Ignore all the voices telling you to restrict or go super low carb. Its not necessary.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview

A full review of my experience with DietDoc and how the round progressed can be found here: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog is here. If you've found my posts helpful, please consider using this DietDoc link on your next HCG order. (your forum discount still applies)

Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

R/P/M
    P2
    Quote Originally Posted by Leez View Post
    Glad you had a great result from your steak day. I just love that it works that way so often. Its a wonderful thing to see the scale drop below LIW anytime it happens, but especially after a steak day.

Yes, back to normal P3 that you know has worked for you so far. This is not the time to test anything, though. Keep it simple and plain and eat enough, but not past your satisfaction level. Ignore all the voices telling you to restrict or go super low carb. Its not necessary.
    Thanks, Leez!

I successfully put the leftover turkey and most of the turkey soup in the freezer for the time being. Food today was fine, I think:

B: bulletproof coffee with 1 t ghee, 1 t mct, and two scoops vital proteins collagen
    L: leftover moroccan lamb with cabbage
    D: crispy skin salmon and winter salad (spinach, arugula, red cabbage, grated carrot, walnuts, pomegranate, tossed with a homemade creamy dressing)

I also had a few bites of a montezuma chocolate bar (<1 g net carb, no sugar, no sweetener, just super dark chocolate) after dinner. This is the clincher that it's definitely pms going on. It's the only time I crave chocolate in earnest.

Anyway, we'll see what the scale has to say tomorrow.

I did get my grades in and a long walk, pilates, errands, meetings/appointments, and the infrared sauna done. Oh, and I also made a wreath and decorated my lamppost with it as well as some garland. A good, satisfying day, but I'm pooped. I think I'll watch an episode of The Crown and hit the hay!

R/P/M
    P2
    Weight is 144.8 this morning, and though it's .6 up from yesterday, it's still .4 below LIW. I'll take it!

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    I also had a few bites of a montezuma chocolate bar (<1 g net carb, no sugar, no sweetener, just super dark chocolate) after dinner. This is the clincher that it's definitely pms going on
    Glad you got to keep your loss today. The pms may cause more water gain before your cycle starts. So thats a good piece of data to keep in mind.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview

A full review of my experience with DietDoc and how the round progressed can be found here: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog is here. If you've found my posts helpful, please consider using this DietDoc link on your next HCG order. (your forum discount still applies)

Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

R/P/M
    P2
    Quote Originally Posted by Leez View Post
    Glad you got to keep your loss today. The pms may cause more water gain before your cycle starts. So thats a good piece of data to keep in mind.
    Definitely, Leez! I do know I can gain up to 5 pounds in the week leading up to my period, which is where I am right now. One never knows for sure, but you're right that having that information can help normalize these fluctuations.

R/P/M
    P2
    Today was a good day. My first barre class back in the studio went well. There was a big turnout for the live-streaming and just one person in studio, so I felt safe. What I hadn't anticipated is that teaching largely online means I need to demonstrate constantly because they're watching me for the moves every moment of class. So I'm working a lot harder than I used to--and I'm pretty proud of myself for being strong enough to take my own kick-*** class! But I fell asleep on the couch after dinner I was so pooped! Now it's midnight and I'm up. . . .

As for food, here's how it went:

B: my usual bulletproof coffee with collagen
    L: Tex Mex skillet (another Well Fed Weeknights Mel Joulwan recipe--easy peasy and so tasty! https://app.ckbk.com/recipe/well4342...ex-mex-skillet ); I also had a piece of my birthday cake with raspberries (chocolatecoveredkatie recipe/keto chocolate cake)
    D: pan fried salmon with roasted brussels sprouts, mashed cauliflower, and the last of the cranberry sauce from last week

I also went for a 90 minute hike with a friend and discovered some new trails near my house. It was a beautiful sunny day and I soaked it up while enjoying being in nature.

All in all, a very good day, as I said. I hope the scale tomorrow morning agrees!

Blog Entries
    sounds like you are on a roll! keep it going!
    ~AKA Yvonne SA~
    Greetings from Sunny South Africa!
    Round 2 - Start weight 82/180.4 After Loading 83.6/183.92
    Sept '20 - First round since 2015!
    Wk 1= -4.2/9.24 |wk 2= -1.3/2.86 |Wk 3= -1.4/3.08 |Wk 4= -1.3/2.86 |Wk 5= -1/2.2 |Week 6= -.8/.44 |Total loss 10kg/ 22lbs- LIW 178.4
    P3 end week 1 - Up 2.43 (Steak day16 Nov) | week 2 - on LIW | week 3 - up .66 | week 4 on LIW - 9 weeks after LIW 180.4

R/P/M
    P2

Weight creeping up :(

Scale says 146.4 this morning, definitely an uptick. I really would like this trend to stop. I'm still within range--1.2 above LIW, so maybe things will be fine. It's just strange that all my old "rules" are now changed--as in, pre-HCG I could/would restrict calories, etc., and now I'm just not sure what or how I should or shouldn't eat to stop the gain, or if I should do anything at all.

I do think it's TOM, and I'm a few days out from starting my period (probably between 3 and 7 days, most likely). I guess I'll just eat when hungry, stop when satisfied, stick to P3 foods, maybe hold off on the extras/keto treats today, and keep calm and carry on. I'll do another steak day if needed, but I hope it doesn't come to that.

I have friends coming over on Saturday and I was hoping to make these brownie batter bars (https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/brownie-batter-bars/) to show them I'm not suffering unduly with my diet restrictions. They're coming to celebrate my birthday and new house, and are planning to shop for and make a celebratory meal when they arrive: shrimp cocktail, steaks, asparagus, mashed cauliflower--all thoughtfully dreamed up by them keeping my diet in mind. Such lovely humans love me. I am so grateful.

Anyway, so now that I write that out, I don't think it should be a big deal to stick to P3 while they're here. I'm making a couple paleo patés and serving them with the caponata I made and crackers for them when they arrive in the afternoon. Dinner will be the surf and turf they're planning, and I can easily make some kind of bacon and egg brunch Sunday before they leave if they want it. I have plenty of wine and booze to offer them, and I've already let them know I won't be imbibing. No fuss at all from them. But I really don't want to have to be doing a steak day while they're here.

My plan today for food is simple: my usual bulletproof with collagen for breakfast, leftover Tex-Mex skillet for lunch, and either sesame almond cod with cauliflower rice https://app.ckbk.com/recipe/well4342...uliflower-rice or zucchini pasta with white clam sauce https://app.ckbk.com/recipe/well4342...ite-clam-sauce .

Though I wonder: should I avoid any nuts at all since my weight is creeping? I've never noticed a problem/reaction before when they're used as an accent; they've only been a problem as I tend to over consume them when eating as a snack, hand to mouth. I guess I could do one of the alternative correction days with eggs or tuna/chicken salad or whatever, but I'm just not in the mood. Of course if the scale goes up again tomorrow and I need another steak day I may wish I'd sucked it up and done it. I'll give it a think, but if anyone cares to weight in (Leez?), I'd appreciate it. Happy Thursday, everyone!

ETA:

I think I'm going to do this today instead of my original eating plan, taken from Inspired Girl https://www.inspiredgirl.me/hcg-diet...d-a-steak-day/ :

Drink lots of water.
    No food until lunch;
    A whole can of tuna (water packed), or chicken with mayo on either lettuce or celery for lunch
    A big portion of protein for dinner with a small salad and 0-1 carbohydrate dressing (ex. Ranch);
    If extremely hungry, I'll have 2 poached eggs for breakfast or as a snack

I'll save the recipes for another day. I need to prioritize getting my weight stabilized again, even if the fluctuations are due to TOM.

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    and now I'm just not sure what or how I should or shouldn't eat to stop the gain, or if I should do anything at all.

I do think it's TOM, and I'm a few days out from starting my period (probably between 3 and 7 days, most likely).
    Just a reminder.....you expected a gain for TOM. If you are on track and you know its TOM gain, you do not have to correct. Although you can if you like. Its all in your comfort level of being sure where the gain is coming from.

The menu plan you describe is taken from Linda Prinsters HCG Diet Guide. She offers it as a strategy to avoid a looming steak day. It won't hurt to do it, but basically its a low carb day, which can be done any number of ways.

Maybe it will give you some peace of mind, but I think you are trying to fix something that doesn't need fixed yet.

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast