Popular Pages :

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: MissM's first P3

R/P/M
    P2
    Quote Originally Posted by Leez View Post
    Just a reminder.....you expected a gain for TOM. If you are on track and you know its TOM gain, you do not have to correct. Although you can if you like. Its all in your comfort level of being sure where the gain is coming from.

The menu plan you describe is taken from Linda Prinsters HCG Diet Guide. She offers it as a strategy to avoid a looming steak day. It won't hurt to do it, but basically its a low carb day, which can be done any number of ways.

Maybe it will give you some peace of mind, but I think you are trying to fix something that doesn't need fixed yet.
    Thanks so much, Leez. I guess I'm just a little concerned about the big jump from yesterday to today and that I might see another jump tomorrow and require another steak day if I don't do something now. But you're likely right that I'm overthinking it. I really don't mind doing the low carb day for some peace of mind. But TOM can be such a wild card. At least it has me being more mindful about drinking water if nothing else!

Chief Moderator (my happy place :) Leez's Avatar
    R/P/M
    M: at goal May 2015 77# lost wHCG injections
    Blog Entries
    I know how maddening the uncertainty can be. Its those wild cards that seem to get us every time.

I've had days where I had to use this as my mantra for the day just to get through:

Hang in and trust the process.

If it helps at all, I've messed myself up more by doing corrections pre-emptively than by delaying them.

But what you are doing isn't really a correction as long as you eat enough calories.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview

A full review of my experience with DietDoc and how the round progressed can be found here: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog is here. If you've found my posts helpful, please consider using this DietDoc link on your next HCG order. (your forum discount still applies)

Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

R/P/M
    P2
    Quote Originally Posted by Leez View Post
    I know how maddening the uncertainty can be. Its those wild cards that seem to get us every time.

I've had days where I had to use this as my mantra for the day just to get through:

Hang in and trust the process.

If it helps at all, I've messed myself up more by doing corrections pre-emptively than by delaying them.

But what you are doing isn't really a correction as long as you eat enough calories.
    Well, I don't know how many calories I'm eating exactly, but I've eaten when hungry and to satisfaction--and included plenty of fat, so calories are likely good.

Lunch: giant salad with cabbage, spinach, arugula, cukes, and fancy tuna salad made with more chopped non-starchy veggies (some orange pepper, red onion, capers, etc.) and homemade mayo--all tossed in a homemade vinaigrette

Dinner: buffalo chicken salad=3/4 pound chicken breast sautéed in plenty of ghee and spices and Frank's Red Hot tossed with more cabbage, spinach, celery, red onion and cukes as well as a good glug of homemade ranch dressing

I certainly didn't feel deprived in the least or like I was dieting at all. So, we'll see. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by DivineMissM View Post
    Thanks so much, Leez. I guess I'm just a little concerned about the big jump from yesterday to today and that I might see another jump tomorrow and require another steak day if I don't do something now. But you're likely right that I'm overthinking it. I really don't mind doing the low carb day for some peace of mind. But TOM can be such a wild card. At least it has me being more mindful about drinking water if nothing else!
    I hear you! At 1.8 over LDW myself, a pound up from yesterday, it is nerve-wracking. Been there twice now! Hope today was a good day and tomorrow brings you closer to LIW!
    Goal 150
    Start 188.8
    10/4/20 P2 Loss 20.8 pounds
    11/15/20 P3 LDW 168
    12/6/20 P4 Adjusted LDW to 169

Second round 1/3/21

Blog Entries
    Hi MissM and MrsS....

remember how you both told me after week 1....
    Unless you go OVER.... keep calm and carry on as normal (with a tweak here or there maybe?)
    I hate it when the scale gets so close to that invisible line.... but even if by a fraction, it is still not over

MissM your TOM probably will come and go and the scale will settle... BREATHE!

Having both been hectic.... The birthday and Thanksgiving celebrations.. wrapping up the year work wise... babies choosing their own time is very stressful and pays havoc on the scales..... breathe... don't over analyse .... You have both been doing great this whole time
    ~AKA Yvonne SA~
    Greetings from Sunny South Africa!
    Round 2 - Start weight 82/180.4 After Loading 83.6/183.92
    Sept '20 - First round since 2015!
    Wk 1= -4.2/9.24 |wk 2= -1.3/2.86 |Wk 3= -1.4/3.08 |Wk 4= -1.3/2.86 |Wk 5= -1/2.2 |Week 6= -.8/.44 |Total loss 10kg/ 22lbs- LIW 178.4
    P3 end week 1 - Up 2.43 (Steak day16 Nov) | week 2 - on LIW | week 3 - up .66 | week 4 on LIW - 9 weeks after LIW 180.4

R/P/M
    P2

Scale didn't budge one way or the other

Thank you both, mrsstrong and Yvonne. I appreciate your support and camaraderie!

The good and bad news is the scale is exactly the same as it was yesterday. I'm glad that my pre-emptive semi-correction day wasn't a hardship and that I didn't have tremendous expectations. However, I'm certainly not going to eat two salads again today, LOL.

After stepping on the scale I did realize I need to tap the release valve on my anxiety level over the number reflected up at me. I can feel my fingers are swollen from water retention, so I know this weight hasn't been caused by poor eating choices. I do need to relax and just BREATHE, as Yvonne wisely noted. So, here I sit sipping my morning brew as I prefer it, bulletproof and with collagen, eschewing my temptation to fast completely until lunch and then eat nothing but roast chicken, another variation on the pre-emptive non-steak day correction. As mrsstrong noted at the beginning of my P3 when I had a little panic, there's nothing to correct at this point!

Lots of errands and cleaning and reshuffling to do today, but it looks to be a gorgeous albeit cold day today, so I'm also going to prioritize a walk in the woods in addition to pilates. Though I taught barre yesterday, I only got 1/4 of my steps in, and I think that may be part of my high anxiety as well. This body needs to walk outside for good health and sanity. I might as well accept it and carry on accordingly. I guess it's good every now and again to veer off course a bit to simply be reminded of what's working!

My unfinished thank you notes are also looming large; I always feel terrible when I haven't gotten those out. It's been more than a week now since my birthday. . . .

Happy weekend, all! May each of us gift ourselves exactly what we need in terms of self care.

Quote Originally Posted by FlirtyFlo View Post
    Hi MissM and MrsS....

remember how you both told me after week 1....
    Unless you go OVER.... keep calm and carry on as normal (with a tweak here or there maybe?)
    I hate it when the scale gets so close to that invisible line.... but even if by a fraction, it is still not over

MissM your TOM probably will come and go and the scale will settle... BREATHE!

Having both been hectic.... The birthday and Thanksgiving celebrations.. wrapping up the year work wise... babies choosing their own time is very stressful and pays havoc on the scales..... breathe... don't over analyse .... You have both been doing great this whole time
    I have been busy for sure and woke up funky yesterday. Better today and the weight dropped. I certainly am not doing correction days unless I go over! Getting that close is just unsettling especially for me who has not been under LDW at all but range towards a pound over. Very little wiggle room. I may adjust LDW up to not have this stress. It is not anything I am eating right now as it is all approved foods so I have no control over it.
    Goal 150
    Start 188.8
    11/15/20 P3 LDW 168

Second round 1/3/21

Quote Originally Posted by DivineMissM View Post
    Thank you both, mrsstrong and Yvonne. I appreciate your support and camaraderie!

The good and bad news is the scale is exactly the same as it was yesterday. I'm glad that my pre-emptive semi-correction day wasn't a hardship and that I didn't have tremendous expectations. However, I'm certainly not going to eat two salads again today, LOL.

After stepping on the scale I did realize I need to tap the release valve on my anxiety level over the number reflected up at me. I can feel my fingers are swollen from water retention, so I know this weight hasn't been caused by poor eating choices. I do need to relax and just BREATHE, as Yvonne wisely noted. So, here I sit sipping my morning brew as I prefer it, bulletproof and with collagen, eschewing my temptation to fast completely until lunch and then eat nothing but roast chicken, another variation on the pre-emptive non-steak day correction. As mrsstrong noted at the beginning of my P3 when I had a little panic, there's nothing to correct at this point!

Lots of errands and cleaning and reshuffling to do today, but it looks to be a gorgeous albeit cold day today, so I'm also going to prioritize a walk in the woods in addition to pilates. Though I taught barre yesterday, I only got 1/4 of my steps in, and I think that may be part of my high anxiety as well. This body needs to walk outside for good health and sanity. I might as well accept it and carry on accordingly. I guess it's good every now and again to veer off course a bit to simply be reminded of what's working!

My unfinished thank you notes are also looming large; I always feel terrible when I haven't gotten those out. It's been more than a week now since my birthday. . . .

Happy weekend, all! May each of us gift ourselves exactly what we need in terms of self care.
    Good for you! You said you worked out and that can mean more water retention. >>> "So I'm working a lot harder than I used to--and I'm pretty proud of myself for being strong enough to take my own kick-*** class! But I fell asleep on the couch after dinner I was so pooped!"

I often am sorer the second day after working out than the first, so also something to take into consideration. If you felt any soreness at all, it could just be that.
    Goal 150
    Start 188.8
    11/15/20 P3 LDW 168

Second round 1/3/21

R/P/M
    P2

Steak day needed--exactly when my guests arrive. . . .

So, yesterday I eased up a bit and didn't do a pre-emptive correction day. Ate my regular food, nothing too funky or non compliant. I did make those keto brownie batter bars from chocolate covered katie, but I only took a tiny bite to taste them. Not bad, but definitely carry the flavor of fake sugars and baking soda, unfortunately. The texture is awesome, but I'm not sure I'll serve them to my guests.

Anyway, my hands are still swollen, and yes, I am even more sore after a tough pilates session yesterday, so this is more than likely water weight; but does that mean I can ignore the scale that has me at 147.6, 2.4 above LIW? Or should I do a steak day? As I understand it, a steak day should be done regardless of the reason for the weight gain.

I'll feel bad further putting out my friends who have a whole low-carb surf and turf meal planned, but they probably won't mind. Bummer. I was even toying with the idea of having a little champagne toast with them.

I just wish my period would start so I could find out if this is hormonal weight or what.

Trying not to let this get to me, but I'm feeling pretty down about it.

Chief Moderator (my happy place :) Leez's Avatar
    R/P/M
    M: at goal May 2015 77# lost wHCG injections
    Blog Entries
    You list two reasons for the gain:
    TOM on the way
    Strenuous pilates workout

Yes, the common wisdom is to do a steak day no matter what the reason to get the inflammation down. But your gain is most likely hormonal with some help from your workout inflammation.

A food sensitivity gain seems to stick if you don't correct right away. But TOM is another thing. That water weight will drop when the hormones shift. Didn't you mention you can have a 5 pound gain with TOM? If you do the steak day today, you may just go right back up again until that resolves. Which then would put you in the bad position of needing another steak day too close to the last one.

I know it makes it tough when the scale number collides with plans. No one can make the decision for you. But I don't think you'll do yourself harm if you wait. You could try grammy's inflammation smoothie as your first meal today and see if that chases some of the water weight for you.
    1 cup water, 1/2 cucumber, 2 stalks celery, 1 lime peeled, 1" knob fresh ginger. Blend together with water in a high end blender and down it.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview

A full review of my experience with DietDoc and how the round progressed can be found here: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog is here. If you've found my posts helpful, please consider using this DietDoc link on your next HCG order. (your forum discount still applies)

Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

Please listen to Leez, MissM!

I'd suggest the same thing: Wait it out. Eat clean, and make sure you are eating enough and drinking enough. I'd put a good 4-6 hours between my first meal and that with my friends, and I'd even enjoy a few sips of champagne. Your gain is NOT from foods. Your gain is NOT from foods. Your gain is NOT from foods. It will come down in a few days.

You've got this!
    Goal 150
    Start 188.8
    11/15/20 P3 LDW 168

Second round 1/3/21

R/P/M
    P2
    Thank you so much, Leez and mrstrong. I actually didn't hop back on here yesterday to see your responses, but I intuitively chose to do exactly as you recommended. Minus the smoothie. Though I basically fasted until our meal together. And today the scale weight is back within range: 145.4, just .2 above LIW. And I still haven't started my period. So, you were both absolutely right. It's possible I'll experience a second day whip, but I'm feeling OK about things.

My friends are so lovely. They basically brought an entire housewarming party worth of gifts--all with the theme of wine, chocolate, and cheese--because I'm kind of famous for being the party girl/hostess with the mostess who always provides and thoroughly enjoys such delicacies. I hadn't sent the memo about my diet until after they'd bought me the crystal decanter with service for twelve matching red wine glasses; the bottle of wine, the charcuterie board and vintage tea towel decorated with cheeses, the artisanal chocolate, and the local artist-made vase and necklace. Totally over-the-top generosity. Then they prepared a meal of steaks, green beans almandine, and mashed cauliflower, followed by my keto brownie batter bars. I tasted one as well as shared in a toast of red wine--and nibbled on the paleo calf liver pate I'd made for the occasion.

It was magnificent to be with them, and I think it's safe to say we all enjoyed ourselves immensely. After preparing and sharing the candlelight dinner, we retired to the living room for good conversation and tea in front of a roaring fire.

So, it's a welcome gift that the scale dropped this morning; but even had it not, it was worth just living my life with my beloved friends, enjoying every moment, not overly fretting about it, and also not overdoing it.

I think this is as important a part of my HCG journey as P2 or any other bit of it. I'm figuring out through experience the fluctuations and how to really live with this lifestyle and in this body in a way that's sustainable--if not always predictable.

I'll continue to monitor my weight and food and gather data and ride the waves. This is my first period on P3, though, so I anticipate in future I'll be better seasoned to anticipate and relax with significant but meaningless gains.

Also, my friends were very complimentary about my weight loss--and inspired by the changes I've made. I think it worked out the way I'd hoped: that their preparing and eating a meal to my dietary specifications showed them how it can be done, that it's not a hardship, and that it's also enjoyable. Win-win-win.

Thanks for being such a huge support, friends! I'm feeling MUCH better about everything today. And I feel like I've learned some important things as well.

Happy Sunday Funday!

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast