Popular Pages :


Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 52

Thread: mrsstrong's PI travelogue

  1. #13
    Super Member! FlirtyFlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Johannesburg, South Africa
    Posts
    2,839
    Blog Entries
    2
    MrsStrong...
    this Travel log is fun.... but I also understand its a way to be accountable and not lose the plot all together

    how long is this break for.... is it just a holiday, it sounds like you are by yourself?
    ~AKA Yvonne SA~
    Greetings from Sunny South Africa!
    Round 3 - Loading 16 Apr '21 - start weight 76.4/168.1
    Round 2 - Jan-Mar '21 - lost 5kgs/11lbs
    Round 1 - Sept-Nov '20 - lost 10kgs/22lbs

  2. #14
    Super Member!
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    R/P/M
    R6/P2/IM injections
    Posts
    1,038
    Wow. That picture is amazing.

  3. #15
    Super Member! Dubbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    R/P/M
    Started Round 1 January, 2020 WILL BE Injections, once received
    Posts
    3,806
    Blog Entries
    143
    Gorgeous Picture. One of these days I am going to go see the Grand Canyon! Stay safe and enjoy!

  4. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by FlirtyFlo View Post
    MrsStrong...
    this Travel log is fun.... but I also understand its a way to be accountable and not lose the plot all together

    how long is this break for.... is it just a holiday, it sounds like you are by yourself?
    Yes, it is! The break is for exactly 2 weeks. I will be back home 4/22 but then we celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary is 4/25. So accountability is needed! I will have. little wine but I never tolerate more than 2-4 oz LOL

    I am driving down to Cottonwood to visit a friend. I got something from our local Buy Nothing group for her. It is a locally made Native cradle board per our local traditions. My friend is a Native midwife and I wanted this to go to someone who would value its true worth and not do the rounds on BN when people got done with this thing in their garage, basement, or attic.

    So then I decided to drive it down because it's an awkward size to ship and made a road trip out of it when I saw I was completely off call. It is an AMAZING drive. I have two more stops, one on the way down, and one I added on the way home. I wish it were easy to post all the pics here!

    And yes, solo! Love it.
    Intermountain HHCG
    Goal 150
    R3
    P2 6/28
    PI 7/24-8/3
    P2 8/4-8/19
    P3 8/22
    P4 9/13
    LDW 149.2

  5. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by justgitterdone View Post
    Wow. That picture is amazing.
    I waited over an hour for the sunset and it was cold but well worth it. I mean, otherwise, you just have regular canyon pics. LOL

    This is completely unfiltered.
    Intermountain HHCG
    Goal 150
    R3
    P2 6/28
    PI 7/24-8/3
    P2 8/4-8/19
    P3 8/22
    P4 9/13
    LDW 149.2

  6. #18
    Ugh posted this morning but got timed out due to poor reception I think since itís not here. It may still be copied and saved and will see if I can paste it tomorrow.
    I am not a big phone typer and have little internet here. I am going to be busy the next few days working on the farm too, but suffice it to say that my friends all eat pretty much real food and low carb so this will be easy. I got a scare this afternoon when she made me a mocktail and used what looked like sugar but later I saw it was monk fruit so hopefully ok.
    Also, I am sleeping in a big teepee
    Anyway, travel wise, it was a blast. I drove to Flagstaff after the Grand Canyon to spend the night (it was dark so didnít see the scenery), picked up some herbs at the best herbalist of the West, got some local coffee, and went to Walnut Canyon for a hike in the morning. Long ago people made dwellings in the rocks there. Itís pretty stunning, and unimaginable people chose to live there.
    Then I drive to Cottonwood over Sedona which is just a gorgeous scenic drive. I had a lovely picnic in mind after the hike but it was pretty strenuous and at a 7000 feet elevation so got nauseated. I felt it after Bruce Canyon too. Just harder! Took me a bit to get rid of the headache. I did not know I was so sensitive to altitude.
    So I had lunch after 2 when getting here and then dinner was after 8 lol. So the meal timing is going to different but that is fine. Not going to worry. I think I am doing great. Just eating 3 meals a day and one or two small nibbles with tea or coffee but never feel like going overboard with more. Bizarre! I hope this stays when home!

  7. #19
    Moderator sdwis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The Beach, FL
    R/P/M
    R1) Drops, R2) Tablets, R3) Injections R4) Injections
    Posts
    1,815
    Wow - those foods would have me up 5 lbs. overnight on Day 1 of P3(Interruption or not) Did you take a scale, or pick one up at a local store so you aew weighing.yourself just to make sure you don't have 10 lbs. to lose when you resume?

    On one of my rounds a few years ago, i took a planned interruption and went on a 5-day Central America vacation, but when I returned was only about 3 lbs. over the LIW. During my break, I ate lots of fresh pineapple, grilled and steamed fish, shrimp, cheese, macadamia nuts, pork rinds, grilled meats, and drank plenty of coffee and water, and even had a few glasses of Champagne. I took my favorite travel scale on that trip so I wouldn't be shocked and surprised when I got back home.

    Keep letting us know how it goes.
    The Moderator currently known as Coco :

    Stable @ 150 for over 7 years. Height - 5'10
    Starting Weight: 220 lbs.
    Lost 70+ lbs. in 4 rounds.
    Went from Size 14/16 at my heaviest weight to Size 4/6 NOW !!!

  8. #20
    Super Member! Dubbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    R/P/M
    Started Round 1 January, 2020 WILL BE Injections, once received
    Posts
    3,806
    Blog Entries
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsstrong View Post
    Ugh posted this morning but got timed out due to poor reception I think since it’s not here. It may still be copied and saved and will see if I can paste it tomorrow.
    I am not a big phone typer and have little internet here. I am going to be busy the next few days working on the farm too, but suffice it to say that my friends all eat pretty much real food and low carb so this will be easy. I got a scare this afternoon when she made me a mocktail and used what looked like sugar but later I saw it was monk fruit so hopefully ok.
    Also, I am sleeping in a big teepee
    Anyway, travel wise, it was a blast. I drove to Flagstaff after the Grand Canyon to spend the night (it was dark so didn’t see the scenery), picked up some herbs at the best herbalist of the West, got some local coffee, and went to Walnut Canyon for a hike in the morning. Long ago people made dwellings in the rocks there. It’s pretty stunning, and unimaginable people chose to live there.
    Then I drive to Cottonwood over Sedona which is just a gorgeous scenic drive. I had a lovely picnic in mind after the hike but it was pretty strenuous and at a 7000 feet elevation so got nauseated. I felt it after Bruce Canyon too. Just harder! Took me a bit to get rid of the headache. I did not know I was so sensitive to altitude.
    So I had lunch after 2 when getting here and then dinner was after 8 lol. So the meal timing is going to different but that is fine. Not going to worry. I think I am doing great. Just eating 3 meals a day and one or two small nibbles with tea or coffee but never feel like going overboard with more. Bizarre! I hope this stays when home!
    What a trip! Sleeping in a teepee, working on a farm--I think it sounds like an incredible adventure! Be careful, tho, when hiking in higher altitudes unaccustomed to you. Don't get faint,and pass out. Going on a working vacation at a farm has always been a sort of "bucket list" thing for me to do--sorta like City Slickers (the movie) but on a farm. Probably will be something undone, but sounds like such an interesting thing to do. Thanks so much for posting this, I've enjoyed tremendously. We have two friends that right before Covoid hit traveled to Grand Canyon via train, which of course involved overnite stay on train--I'll have to have them remind me how long it took. Only told us about it afterward, or I would have stowed away with them!


    If you have basically eaten p3 foods that you bought from home, I don't see where a huge gain would come, unless a lot of extra exercise causes some gain. And eating natural, working hard, hopefully it will all be good when you get home! Enjoy!

  9. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by sdwis View Post
    Wow - those foods would have me up 5 lbs. overnight on Day 1 of P3(Interruption or not) Did you take a scale, or pick one up at a local store so you aew weighing.yourself just to make sure you don't have 10 lbs. to lose when you resume?

    On one of my rounds a few years ago, i took a planned interruption and went on a 5-day Central America vacation, but when I returned was only about 3 lbs. over the LIW. During my break, I ate lots of fresh pineapple, grilled and steamed fish, shrimp, cheese, macadamia nuts, pork rinds, grilled meats, and drank plenty of coffee and water, and even had a few glasses of Champagne. I took my favorite travel scale on that trip so I wouldn't be shocked and surprised when I got back home.

    Keep letting us know how it goes.
    Which foods? Only two I never had before are Outer Aisle and the lupini spread. Both keto. Outer Aisle has ingredients I can have. Lupins are completely new so I donít know about that but itís been a small amount.

    No scale so weíll see.

  10. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubbles View Post
    What a trip! Sleeping in a teepee, working on a farm--I think it sounds like an incredible adventure! Be careful, tho, when hiking in higher altitudes unaccustomed to you. Don't get faint,and pass out. Going on a working vacation at a farm has always been a sort of "bucket list" thing for me to do--sorta like City Slickers (the movie) but on a farm. Probably will be something undone, but sounds like such an interesting thing to do. Thanks so much for posting this, I've enjoyed tremendously. We have two friends that right before Covoid hit traveled to Grand Canyon via train, which of course involved overnite stay on train--I'll have to have them remind me how long it took. Only told us about it afterward, or I would have stowed away with them!


    If you have basically eaten p3 foods that you bought from home, I don't see where a huge gain would come, unless a lot of extra exercise causes some gain. And eating natural, working hard, hopefully it will all be good when you get home! Enjoy!
    Luckily I am done hiking! Didnít get faint so thatís good. Just a lot of breathing.

    Yeah, I am more concerned on the way back and eating out a few times. I think I am fine but wonít know till I know. It is what it is. If I gained ten pounds I had a great time!

  11. #23
    Super Member! Dubbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    R/P/M
    Started Round 1 January, 2020 WILL BE Injections, once received
    Posts
    3,806
    Blog Entries
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsstrong View Post
    Which foods? Only two I never had before are Outer Aisle and the lupini spread. Both keto. Outer Aisle has ingredients I can have. Lupins are completely new so I don’t know about that but it’s been a small amount.

    No scale so we’ll see.
    mrsstrong, I used Outer Aisle on my P3 and had no problem with it at all.

  12. #24
    Moderator sdwis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The Beach, FL
    R/P/M
    R1) Drops, R2) Tablets, R3) Injections R4) Injections
    Posts
    1,815
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsstrong View Post
    Which foods? Only two I never had before are Outer Aisle and the lupini spread. Both keto. Outer Aisle has ingredients I can have. Lupins are completely new so I don’t know about that but it’s been a small amount.

    No scale so we’ll see.
    The following foods of yours would have "done me in" during P3, but especially on day 1 ==>.yogurt, eggs, bacon, and two almond flour biscotti.

    Alternate Flours (like Almond and Coconut Flour) don't work for me either , and are worse for me than real wheat flours in P4.
    The Moderator currently known as Coco :

    Stable @ 150 for over 7 years. Height - 5'10
    Starting Weight: 220 lbs.
    Lost 70+ lbs. in 4 rounds.
    Went from Size 14/16 at my heaviest weight to Size 4/6 NOW !!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •