Popular Pages :


Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 52

Thread: mrsstrong's PI travelogue

  1. #25
    This was from 4/15!

    Today I am exploring Walnut Canyon before going down to Cottonwood, my final destination.

    I have felt completely satisfied with the foods and sugar-free treats. I have some left but it won't keep for the way back so I will finish tonight at my friend's house. I am so curious about my weight! Did a lot of hiking too. But will need to be patient till I get home.

    The keto granola I bought is delicious on some yogurt. It does have some coconut flakes in it so hopefully, if this causes inflammation, it will easily come off. I can always make my own from now on because i decided I want to keep something like this as a staple for breakfast.

    Those Costco egg bites are good, but strangely not as addicting as the Starbucks ones. Haha. Those are off-limit though as they have so much stuff in it. Not sure about sugar but 9g of carbs is ridiculous.

    Have a good day everyone!
    Intermountain HHCG
    Goal 150
    R3
    P2 6/28
    PI 7/24-8/3
    P2 8/4-8/19
    P3 8/22
    P4 9/13
    LDW 149.2

  2. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by sdwis View Post
    The following foods of yours would have "done me in" during P3, but especially on day 1 ==>.yogurt, eggs, bacon, and two almond flour biscotti.

    Alternate Flours (like Almond and Coconut Flour) don't work for me either , and are worse for me than real wheat flours in P4.
    Ah, yeah I have not had any issues with those in the past. I tested these foods every round except this PI so I think I'll be fine.
    Intermountain HHCG
    Goal 150
    R3
    P2 6/28
    PI 7/24-8/3
    P2 8/4-8/19
    P3 8/22
    P4 9/13
    LDW 149.2

  3. #27
    Super Member! Dubbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    R/P/M
    Started Round 1 January, 2020 WILL BE Injections, once received
    Posts
    3,799
    Blog Entries
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by sdwis View Post
    Wow - those foods would have me up 5 lbs. overnight on Day 1 of P3(Interruption or not) Did you take a scale, or pick one up at a local store so you aew weighing.yourself just to make sure you don't have 10 lbs. to lose when you resume?

    On one of my rounds a few years ago, i took a planned interruption and went on a 5-day Central America vacation, but when I returned was only about 3 lbs. over the LIW. During my break, I ate lots of fresh pineapple, grilled and steamed fish, shrimp, cheese, macadamia nuts, pork rinds, grilled meats, and drank plenty of coffee and water, and even had a few glasses of Champagne. I took my favorite travel scale on that trip so I wouldn't be shocked and surprised when I got back home.

    Keep letting us know how it goes.

    Thinking mrsstrong you are at final destination today, so hope you are having fun with friends. Such a refreshing change of scenery and activity. Sleeping in a teepee--you know they are the rage these days, in kids bedrooms, playrooms. Not quite the real deal I know, but very fun for them. My grans did set one up in the back yard and slept overnite there, but guess what, they ran extension cords to play a movie at night. Not quite the real experience, but they had a blast!

    For some reason I am thinking you start for home the 22nd? So you will be there another 4 days? I may have that date wrong, but it seems to stick in my mind (if I scroll back, afraid I will lose my posts, so will go with guess) and then celebrate your 25th anniversary? That is exciting as well. I have gone on trips before being the only adult, traveling to Florida for spring break many times, to Myrtle Beach, but never gone totally solo. I am a little envious of your bravado to embark on such a long journey alone. I'm not a shy, reticent person, but have gotten to point, not as comfortable traveling alone as I once was. So I am living vicariously thru you! It's a gorgeous day here in KY, hope it is as beautiful there for you. Working on farm today?

  4. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubbles View Post
    Thinking mrsstrong you are at final destination today, so hope you are having fun with friends. Such a refreshing change of scenery and activity. Sleeping in a teepee--you know they are the rage these days, in kids bedrooms, playrooms. Not quite the real deal I know, but very fun for them. My grans did set one up in the back yard and slept overnite there, but guess what, they ran extension cords to play a movie at night. Not quite the real experience, but they had a blast!

    For some reason I am thinking you start for home the 22nd? So you will be there another 4 days? I may have that date wrong, but it seems to stick in my mind (if I scroll back, afraid I will lose my posts, so will go with guess) and then celebrate your 25th anniversary? That is exciting as well. I have gone on trips before being the only adult, traveling to Florida for spring break many times, to Myrtle Beach, but never gone totally solo. I am a little envious of your bravado to embark on such a long journey alone. I'm not a shy, reticent person, but have gotten to point, not as comfortable traveling alone as I once was. So I am living vicariously thru you! It's a gorgeous day here in KY, hope it is as beautiful there for you. Working on farm today?
    Cottonwood was my final destination so I have been here since Friday afternoon. Leaving Tuesday morning and plan on driving it in two days so home Wednesday night. It's been amazing for sure. I am loving traveling solo. We do plan on getting a little camper or trailer in a few years and do more traveling together with my husband. I would have loved to take one of my kids but no one was free. And I am kind of happy about it now. It ended up being such a gift and adventure.

    Yep, farm work again today and tomorrow!

    Thanks for following me on my journey!
    Intermountain HHCG
    Goal 150
    R3
    P2 6/28
    PI 7/24-8/3
    P2 8/4-8/19
    P3 8/22
    P4 9/13
    LDW 149.2

  5. #29
    Super Member! Dubbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    R/P/M
    Started Round 1 January, 2020 WILL BE Injections, once received
    Posts
    3,799
    Blog Entries
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsstrong View Post
    Cottonwood was my final destination so I have been here since Friday afternoon. Leaving Tuesday morning and plan on driving it in two days so home Wednesday night. It's been amazing for sure. I am loving traveling solo. We do plan on getting a little camper or trailer in a few years and do more traveling together with my husband. I would have loved to take one of my kids but no one was free. And I am kind of happy about it now. It ended up being such a gift and adventure.

    Yep, farm work again today and tomorrow!

    Thanks for following me on my journey!

    I'm loving it! And have no idea where I got the 22nd as A key date on trip, unless it is that you will be home by the 22nd. I love watching those tiny home show, or the conversions of school buses to homes, and hearing how people travel once they can take their homes with them. I can binge watch them for days!

    Enjoy your last few days there!

  6. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubbles View Post
    I'm loving it! And have no idea where I got the 22nd as A key date on trip, unless it is that you will be home by the 22nd. I love watching those tiny home show, or the conversions of school buses to homes, and hearing how people travel once they can take their homes with them. I can binge watch them for days!

    Enjoy your last few days there!
    It is a key date: I have to be back because my on call life starts again! You remembered well!

    I LOVE those tiny homes/bus travel shows!
    Intermountain HHCG
    Goal 150
    R3
    P2 6/28
    PI 7/24-8/3
    P2 8/4-8/19
    P3 8/22
    P4 9/13
    LDW 149.2

  7. #31
    Today was my last day here in Cottonwood. I leave bright and early in the morning.
    Of course, tonight my friend made gluten free fried chicken. Almond flour, garbanzo flour, rice flour. Ack.
    I have also been quite swollen. The air is so dry, I feel parched and itís not even hot! But my ankles is where I can tell I am retaining fluids and itís not from eating off protocol (until the chicken this evening). Just climate change, I guess. Between this and the starch on the chicken, I think my plan when I get home will be to wait for two days before weighing or till I see my ankles are normal.

    The good news is that my friend now has her whole garden planted and that we wrote and submitted a letter of inquiry for a grant request for our non-profit. I canít divulge more at this time though!
    All and all a great visit.

  8. #32
    Super Member! Dubbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    R/P/M
    Started Round 1 January, 2020 WILL BE Injections, once received
    Posts
    3,799
    Blog Entries
    143
    Safe travels home, mrsstrong! Sounds like your trip was amazing. Swollen, so obviously some inflammation--just traveling in car can cause some ankle swelling for me, I've noticed in past. But I'm sure you have been working hard and using muscles that you might not ordinarily use, even if you do work out at home. Good luck on your grant request!

    Be careful, be safe on drive home. After my dinner out last night (picked up 2.2 lbs) I thought about not weighing in until tomorrow, but went ahead and did it. Might not be a bad idea to just weigh in a couple of days after returning home if you think it would upset you. I thought I would gain after my trip to VA last of march, 1st of April, but found I lost a lb. , was a surprize to me. Not so lucky with my meal last nite in restaurant on hcg!

  9. #33
    Super Member!
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    R/P/M
    R6/P2/IM injections
    Posts
    1,038
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubbles View Post
    Safe travels home, mrsstrong! Sounds like your trip was amazing. Swollen, so obviously some inflammation--just traveling in car can cause some ankle swelling for me, I've noticed in past. But I'm sure you have been working hard and using muscles that you might not ordinarily use, even if you do work out at home. Good luck on your grant request!

    Be careful, be safe on drive home. After my dinner out last night (picked up 2.2 lbs) I thought about not weighing in until tomorrow, but went ahead and did it. Might not be a bad idea to just weigh in a couple of days after returning home if you think it would upset you. I thought I would gain after my trip to VA last of march, 1st of April, but found I lost a lb. , was a surprize to me. Not so lucky with my meal last nite in restaurant on hcg!
    Dubbles, sorry to hear about your gain. What did you end up eating?

  10. #34
    Super Member! Dubbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    R/P/M
    Started Round 1 January, 2020 WILL BE Injections, once received
    Posts
    3,799
    Blog Entries
    143
    Justgitterdone, had a great time last nite--I didn't stick to plans at all. For starters, had 2 sangria drinks, that had Citron Tequila in it, so good, but tasted slightly sweet. No bread at all. Salad with ranch dressing on the side, then for main entree sea bass stuffed with a pesto nut stuffing, roasted garglic sauce and corn risotto, then a tiny sliver of birthday cake. If in p3, no hcg in system, I don't believe the meal would have been that bad--but it was full of cream, and prob butter--all that gooey goodness and not p2 friendly. But it was one of the best dishes I've ever tasted, seriously. I gained 2.2 lb., husband weighed and said he gained 2.4 lbs. So I think it will all work out in next day or two--he isn't even on hcg! Hoping tomorrow to see a drop of at least a lb. Will report back. We had a great time tho!

  11. #35
    Super Member!
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    R/P/M
    R6/P2/IM injections
    Posts
    1,038
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubbles View Post
    Justgitterdone, had a great time last nite--I didn't stick to plans at all. For starters, had 2 sangria drinks, that had Citron Tequila in it, so good, but tasted slightly sweet. No bread at all. Salad with ranch dressing on the side, then for main entree sea bass stuffed with a pesto nut stuffing, roasted garglic sauce and corn risotto, then a tiny sliver of birthday cake. If in p3, no hcg in system, I don't believe the meal would have been that bad--but it was full of cream, and prob butter--all that gooey goodness and not p2 friendly. But it was one of the best dishes I've ever tasted, seriously. I gained 2.2 lb., husband weighed and said he gained 2.4 lbs. So I think it will all work out in next day or two--he isn't even on hcg! Hoping tomorrow to see a drop of at least a lb. Will report back. We had a great time tho!
    It sounds delicious! I was wondering if you had tried to stay on plan because that would have really sucked if you tried to be good and gained 2.2! I’m glad you had a good time and made the gain worth it!

  12. #36
    Well, I always say, if you are going off, might as well enjoy it! I am glad it was delicious, Dubbles!

    Technically, if I stick to foods I know I can eat in P3 without problems, I may not weigh till I start again with P2 on Monday. I may also just do a steak day to reset myself if I feel like fasting. I may decide to step on the scale
    Either way, we shall see! I will only have some wine on Sunday for our anniversary. 25 years!

    Made it to Tremonton, UT today. About 9 hours from home!
    Intermountain HHCG
    Goal 150
    R3
    P2 6/28
    PI 7/24-8/3
    P2 8/4-8/19
    P3 8/22
    P4 9/13
    LDW 149.2

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •