Popular Pages :

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: P3 wt gain--water or fat?

Question P3 wt gain--water or fat?

Hi,

I had a 2 lb gain after eating a salad with greek dressing. I want to know if this gain is fat or fluid/water. It was not a large salad, only had a few tomatoes, cucumbers & peppers, & drsng is 1 carb no sugar. Can someone explain if the rapid gain is true fat or water?

Chief Moderator (my happy place :) Leez's Avatar
    R/P/M
    M: at goal May 2015 77# lost wHCG injections
    Blog Entries
    It is water. Because it was a large jump on the scale, it is likely that something you had to eat that day is a sensitivity food for you and would be to blame for the water weight gain. If you had something new, I would put that first on the suspicion list.

What happens is that when something you ingest is irritating to the body, extra water is retained in an effort to dilute the offending substance.

Unless you ate 7000 calories more than you burned that day, there is no way the gain could be fat.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview
    Please note that any suggestions I make are based on the Original Protocol.

My recent HCG round was with DietDoc. Our site owner has generously arranged for me to earn a small fee if you use my DietDoc or Nu Image Medical link to order your Hcg and supplies. (All HDI site discounts and coupons apply.) A full review of my experience and how the round progressed: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog here

Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

Thanks, that makes me feel better, I ate that salad late in the evening and the dressing is house blend & I dont know what's in it per se, so I do attribute the gain to that.
    My other issue is that I'm going into P4 this week and I haven't introduced new foods yet. My food consists of: chicken(airfried, baked, grilled)
    Steak, turkey sausage or bacon
    Lettuce/salad, dressing with no sugar or carbs
    Water, coffee, sparkling water, zetia drinks.

Im scared to eat more things that will cause wt gain. What do you suggest?

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    I suggest you branch out. P3 is not about restricting. The only problem foods that it is a good idea to test is dairy, nuts and eggs. Everything else non-sugary and non-starchy is to be eaten freely. And many people have a successful P3 without testing anything at all. At least add some avocados and more green vegetables. Don't be afraid of adding up to 2 fruits a day (any kind) as well. The safest thing is to stick to whole, unprocessed foods as much as possible but you don't have to introduce every single food one at a time. If you enter P4 with the super restricted food list you have now, its easy to just go wild and derail all your progress.

I understand being fearful of regain in P3, but honestly, you are more likely to gain from restrictive eating than from eating too much of the allowed foods.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview

My recent HCG round was with DietDoc. Our site owner has generously arranged for me to earn a small fee if you use my DietDoc or Nu Image Medical link to order your Hcg and supplies. (All HDI site discounts and coupons apply.) A full review of my experience and how the round progressed: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog here

Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

Okay,

I will start adding more things, one at a time this week. Also, how cardio exercise affect my weight? I work out after work and thats I eat my last meal about 7-8pm each night. IM doing cardo only, no weight lifting or building.

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    The rule for exercise in both P2 and P3 is that anything you are used to doing previously is fine to continue. But you shouldn't add anything new. In P3, sporadic or new exercises can confuse your scale readings and make it difficult to stabilize because of that.

If you are used to cardio, then it is fine to continue. Enjoy some good P3 foods and try to get over your fear and trust the process, it really does work. P3 can be a celebration after the restrictions of P2.