Popular Pages :

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Make it a Paleo P3!

R/P/M
    Round 4 P3 RX Injections (VLCD1- 1/7/12)
    I made zuccini "pasta" last night with with tomato sauce and ground turkey...the family loved it. I already had the spiral slicer thing from my last p3 (I bought it on Amazon). My breakfast was scrambled (4) eggs with salsa, my lunch was 2 HB eggs and a tomato (3) and avaocado (1) salad with EVO and balsamic dressing . My hunger seems to be decreasing...I think my body is learning to regulate food intake ( like I can stop when I am full or satisfied, not just eat it all because it's on my plate) I need to find time to get my yoga classes in...other than that chugging along in P3.

Still good over here. I am noticing the reshaping too (nice!) I have been using an MSM soap and a supplement so that may be helping too.

There is a paleo fx summit going on right now in Austin TX.

Have a great day everyone.

R/P/M
    Beans and legumes are a no go in P3. As for Paleo in p4 , I think you can eat them if you are not overweight and you are really athletic. Everyone reacts diff to things so find what works for your body. I think it is important to remember we are not robots, so what works for some may not work for all. You just have to find your way through trial and error.

I don't like beans or peanuts ...lucky for me!

R/P/M
    This was interesting regarding I'fing on Marks Daily apple today:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/fasti...ss/#more-27872

I'm trying to read his blog everyday.

R/P/M

Quote Originally Posted by sydierra View Post

So on Paleo you never eat lagumes? That's been a staple in many countries for years?????? I definitely can see limiting them, but I agree that if you eat them eat them with a whole grain rice so that you get a complete protein and not just a carb/partial protein. Perhaps there in lies the trick???? I miss my lentils!!!!

Yep, that is right.
    legumes are the second worst offenders for blood sugar/insulin spikes and causing inflammation in the gut.
    Yes, they have been a staple in India for eg. which is now the diabetic capital of the world.
    164cm - 36yo.
    start weight 62.3 kg 137lbs * BMI 23.42 * Goal weight 56kg
    VLCD31 END WEIGHT 57.2kg / 126lbs BMI 21.3
    weight lost 7kgs/15.5 lbs
    Cms lost on P2: 27cms/10inches
    Total cm lost inc P3: 35cms/13.7inches 55.5kg/122lbs BMI 20.7

R/P/M
    Round 2, P1, MyHCGway patch
    Quote Originally Posted by nyika View Post
    Yep, that is right.
    legumes are the second worst offenders for blood sugar/insulin spikes and causing inflammation in the gut.
    Yes, they have been a staple in India for eg. which is now the diabetic capital of the world.
    Hmmmm....well the US is doing horribly too but its due to recent years of adding processed food to what used to be good ol' wholesome food. I suspect the same is true for India and why they are now so diseased. I think we might be on the verge of throwing the baby out with the bathwater here?

R/P/M
    You could try soaking the beans and see how you do, if you don't gain and feel ok then legumes may work for you, also if you are super active/ athlete. But they are starchy so wait till p4. My guess (and my own personal experience) is the closer you get to goal the touchier your weight gets in regards to sugar and starch. After my first round I could pretty much eat anything (with in reason) without gaining, but I was maintaining 160lbs...145 not so easy to maintain, now 130's...I'm doing good but plan on being super careful with the starchy stuff in p4.

I'm doing great , still below LIW... I am 2 weeks into p3. Doing much better than my last p3, which was a roller coaster of correction days right out of the gate. I *may* plan/try on doing a steak day every thursday in p4...what I have been reading it helps non obease people mobilize fat to do fast here and there. Thursdays work for me because my kid has swim those nights and my dh does his RC car racing ...so it will be easy for me to fast during the day, come home grill a steak and have tomato salad...then take her to swim and whatever she wants to eat. Also my last p3 I found it so depressing to have to do a correction day on a Fri or Sat...a thurs steak day would prevent that from happening!

R/P/M
    Lacey, how long have you been doing Paleo? Specifically have you done a p4 Paleo? I'm wondering because I too am coming to the end of P3 and want to start exercising more once I get to P4 and while I've had a wonderful % for fat/protein/carb to work off in P3, I'm not really sure how to proceed in P4. Livestrong will change my caloric need if I say I now want to lose weight etc. I would think I would work the same percentages but just not sure on caloric intake to use. In the past when I worked out I would need to increase my calories. But like I said the websites for tracking will tell you to drop your calories but I do believe that if I tell it what kind of exercise I'm doing each day it will increase my calories so I think it will work out.
    I dont ever plan on doing much with starches/legumes/grains. I know I've had a wheat sensitivity for a long time and can't eat a lot of beans but l will probably just eat it like once a week or so. I've so enjoyed how I've been eating and even doing that correction was no big deal and took the weight right off. Which as we all know is never easy in the normal world! I also find that on the day I do eat something not supposed to if I eat it earlier in the day or have exercised that day I have less issue with any gain.
    Anywho, we shall see eh? I'll be in trouble on Sunday I know after tomorrow St Patty's Day and I'm Irish!!! LOL

R/P/M
    oh and that's interesting to know with regards to how each round changed your sensitivity and weight gains.....I am definitely in the 1st round eat anything!!! LOL However, I'm kind of concerned about that, I don't want to have food sensitivities........

R/P/M
    R1P2-HCG injections
    Sydierra, I tend to agree with you that places like India are now struggling with diabetes and heart disease because they've added in more western processed junk. When their diets were clean, albeit carb-heavy, they were still healthy. Even Americans were thinner and healthier 100 years ago when they weren't consuming corn syrup and refined flour. Still a big difference was that they soaked their beans and fermented their grains (sourdough bread). A really good read is Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon. It talks about eating food as our ancestors did (though not as far back as "paleo") with proper grain, legume and dairy prep. There are lots of websites/blogs that discuss it, too, if you can't get your hands on the book.

All that being said, we are no where near as active as people 100+ years ago (too many appliances of convenience-no more washing clothes by hand and butchering/skinning chickens) so even if we tried to eat more like that, we should distill limit our starch intake because we simply can't burn it (and I do think there's a difference between a hard hour-long workout at the gym and continuous, moderate movement throughout the day--blood sugar, insulin, etc.). I plan to add back a few properly prepared foods when all is said and done, but I'm sticking mostly to pale.

Wanted to add one more thing: I think after years of eating the way we have (I've even been a "healthy" eater during my life, but by following what American nutritionists suggest which I think is wrong: whole grains but too many of them and not properly prepared, dairy that's ultra-pasteurized even if organic, etc.) our bodies might not be able to handle so many carbs any more. It's sad to think of, but I don't know if we can completely correct the situation. It will be a great experiment for me to try to do it, but I have a feeling that carbs will be something I'll need to watch for the rest of my life, along with exercise. Not to mention that aging likes to change things up, too!

R/P/M
    I have been learning about paleo/ primal for the past year or so. I have known for years that I have to limit bread/pasta/ sugar if I want to feel good and look hot.... (ha-ha!)

I just need to attach myself to a lifestyle , not a diet. I don't count calories, fat or carbs. I just try to make good choices and eat real food. I read labels like crazy, takes me forever to get through the grocery store. I don't have food sensitivites. ( except I gain weight like crazy if I'm not mindful on what I eat) I love to cook, love yummy food and have always had a large appetite. I love this way of eating because I can indulge all my loves!

Have fun on st party's day! I think I'll have green vodka!

R/P/M
    R1P2-HCG injections
    Quote Originally Posted by Laceyinsd View Post
    I have been learning about paleo/ primal for the past year or so. I have known for years that I have to limit bread/pasta/ sugar if I want to feel good and look hot.... (ha-ha!)

I just need to attach myself to a lifestyle , not a diet. I don't count calories, fat or carbs. I just try to make good choices and eat real food. I read labels like crazy, takes me forever to get through the grocery store. I don't have food sensitivites. ( except I gain weight like crazy if I'm not mindful on what I eat) I love to cook, love yummy food and have always had a large appetite. I love this way of eating because I can indulge all my loves!
    Just wanted to say ditto on eating and feeling good. And also, you ARE hot!!! Your picture is so beautiful! I can't wait 'til I get there

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast