Popular Pages :

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steak Day Questions for Leez

R/P/M
    R6P2 Homeopathic Pellets

Steak Day Questions for Leez

HI Leez,

Hope you are doing great and staying safe. Things Weight Wise have actually been going great---until this past weekend. I am up 3 pounds, and was only up .6 pounds yesterday, so today is a steak day. I am not sure how this happened! Maybe the mixed unsalted nuts (cashews?) I have been enjoying or the chinese take out with the Tea smoked Duck yesterday and the day before (very fattening, but so good). I am firmly in P4, but still surprised to be up. I have been so solid here.

I usually drink black coffee, but on a steak day I use half and half. I find it helps me last the whole day. So of course I have only 2 of those tiny tablespoon containers of half and half (from a restaurant). I really don't want to go to the grocery store for one thing, so I was wondering what I could use in my coffee instead?

Thank you for your reply.

Also, when I have a question, is there a good/easy place that you would prefer me to post a question on that you see?

Thank you for all your help. Please stay well.

Warm Regards,
    RK
    [/url]

Chief Moderator (my happy place :) Leez's Avatar
    R/P/M
    M: at goal May 2015 77# lost wHCG injections
    Blog Entries
    You can post anywhere. I access the site from the latest posts page, so no matter where you post, I'll see the notification.

I use that same half&half trick to get through my steak days.

Do you have MCT oil & collagen or gelatin? You can make a very creamy coffee by blending those into your hot coffee. A bit of lecithin will help it emulsify if you have it.

I use 1 T. collagen and 1-2 tsp MCT oil, and probably 1/4 tsp lecithin. You can adjust amounts to your taste.

You can also sub real butter into that equation. For me, I don't mind the salt, but unsalted butter would keep it tasting more normal.

If I have to drink coffee black, I make cold brew. (and then heat it up) Its a lot smoother.

Chinese food is notorious for causing weight jumps. Might be all the salt, MSG, or who-knows what chemicals are in the sauces. I'm sure your steak day will be a success, because that kind of gain is the easiest to banish.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview

My recent HCG round was with DietDoc. A full review of my experience and how the round progressed can be found here: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog is here

Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

R/P/M
    R6P2 Homeopathic Pellets
    Thank you Leez,

I do not have MCT oil, but I have butter!

Thank you for your help and advice! I really appreciate you!

Best,
    RK
    [/url]

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    I find it easiest to use an immersion blender with a small amount of coffee and the extra stuff in a deep, straight-sided mug. Then top off with more coffee after its blended well. Much less messy than dragging your blender out. I've tried it with a little coffee frother, but you need more power than that to get it to cream-i-fy.

Hope it works for you.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview

My recent HCG round was with DietDoc. A full review of my experience and how the round progressed can be found here: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog is here

Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

R/P/M
    R6P2 Homeopathic Pellets
    HI Leez,

Wow that is a great tip!

Also,
    Where is your coco-crack recipe buried? I can't seem to find it, and don't want to screw it up! I made it once with your Stevia blend, and it was really good.

Thank you again,
    Rk
    [/url]

R/P/M
    Blog Entries

R/P/M
    R6P2 Homeopathic Pellets
    Thanks Leez,

Making the Xylitol into powder is true genius!

Fingers crossed here for a big drop tomorrow!

Best,
    RK
    [/url]

R/P/M
    R6P2 Homeopathic Pellets
    Good Morning Leez,

Thank you for all your help and support as always. Good News: I am down 2.2 pounds today. I am going to eat clean protein, low starch veggies and berries today and drink lots of water. I think I will drop a bit more tomorrow as I am now 128.8. I have usually been 128.4, so 1/2 pound up from my usual...

Have a great day and thank you for all your help!

Fondly,
    RK
    [/url]

R/P/M
    R2/P2/Drops
    I love the idea of the Bullet Coffee! I think that was the greatest contribution that the keto diet brought to my world :-).

Regarding a steak day, which I am in the process of today after putting on a 3 lb gain, which I can't figure out the cause unless it's cauliflower, is there a time that's best for dinner? Is it ok if I have an earlier dinner, say 4:00 rather than waiting until later?

Thanks!!

Dan
    First Drop Date 5/24/2020
    Pre-load Weight - 226.4 Current Weight - 193.4 Weight Objective - 195 (OBO)

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    Yes, a 4pm dinner on a steak day is perfect timing. It keeps you from getting too starved, and gives your body ample time to digest that big hunk of protein before you retire for the night.

You can react to anything, even healthy things like cauliflower. I had a cauliflower sensitivity for a while. It caused that kind of weight gain.

R/P/M
    R1) Drops, R2) Tablets, R3) Injections R4) Injections
    Quote Originally Posted by VTsailer View Post
    I love the idea of the Bullet Coffee! I think that was the greatest contribution that the keto diet brought to my world :-).

Regarding a steak day, which I am in the process of today after putting on a 3 lb gain, which I can't figure out the cause unless it's cauliflower, is there a time that's best for dinner? Is it ok if I have an earlier dinner, say 4:00 rather than waiting until later?

Thanks!!

Dan
    Cauliflower and Brussel sprouts cause me that kind of gain as well. When steak days worked best for me (before my slow digestion issues), I always ate the steak and apple at around 4PM, and also took a hot epsom salt bath. The most I ever lost on a steak day was 4 lb. which took me back down under LIW. Boy do I miss those days, especially since I love steak. I sometimes get similar results if I have a roasted chicken or a big grilled chicken salad dry (no dressing) loaded with about 12 oz. of boneless grilled chicken breast. I can lose 2-3 lb on that still. So evidently my body digests chicken much easier than beef - lol!
    The Moderator currently known as Coco :

Stable @ 155 for over 5 years. Height - 5'10
    Starting Weight: 220 lbs.
    Lost 70+ lbs. in 4 rounds.
    Went from Size 14/16 at my heaviest to Size 4/6 !!!

R/P/M
    R2/P2/Drops
    Hi Leez,

I'm a little confused and concerned. After doing a Steak Day yesterday (1 NY Strip Steak and a raw tomato) caused by a 3lbs overnight gain, I woke up this morning to a loss of .2 lbs, which puts me still 2 lbs over my LDD. Any ideas? Do you think this could be caused by the drops I used which were HaaG and not HCG?

I'm concerned that I'm just not going to stabilize. Would love your thoughts. Seems to me there may be something else going on here.

Thanks!!
    First Drop Date 5/24/2020
    Pre-load Weight - 226.4 Current Weight - 193.4 Weight Objective - 195 (OBO)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast