Popular Pages :

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Surviving P3 and P4 with the help of friends...

R/P/M
    P2
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsstrong View Post
    I usually ditch the fruit in P3 and stick to protein and veggies, adding avocado, bacon, butter. Then in week two I add dairy. Week 3 nuts, but for me too, snacking on nuts gets me into trouble Can't have more than 1/4 cup a day. I pretty much use my keto macros for P3. On keto, I have no fear of fats at all. They are pretty self-restricting. I don't add any extra. Just what comes with higher fat foods and what is used for cooking. I don't count calories when keto.

I will need to adjust things in P4. Some wine, some sweet potato. Not sure what to do wrt calories etc. I think I will just add some sweet potato for dinners at first and see how things go. I know I can't have things like bagels as they will just make me eat. I will try some things though since I will have another round. So I think my plan will be to be higher carb this P4 and see what my body and the scale does. Maybe even a bagel.

One of my favorite treats is Rebel Creamerie keto ice cream. Made with cream as opposed to milk. It is so good. But I need to see how my body really reacts to erythritol/sugar alcohols this P4 first too.

I don't drink enough alcohol to worry about it but I am going to see how my body reacts to that as well. So all in all, I know what to do in P3, and P4 will be an exploration of new things and things I want to look at more closely.

For simplicity, I may just end up sticking to what works for me: keto, with an allowance of carbs as a one-weekend-day treat. Been doing this for 10 years. I just needed a reset after Covid splurges.
    Sounds like you seriously know what you're doing! Glad to read about it and learn about your experience.

Quote Originally Posted by DivineMissM View Post
    I've been contemplating this quite a bit myself and have come to various conclusions as well. While I've read online about the importance of gradually increasing calories and being careful about bringing in too much fat too soon, I've also read from some more trusted sources that it's equally important--if not more so--to not make the mistake of restricting calories because that can set you up for major problems.
    I think part of increasing slowly is just to get our digestive system going again! The way we metabolize fat on HCG circumvents the digestive system and goes straight through the liver, so it needs to slowly get going again. And I think that yes, restricting calories can definitely lead to metabolic issues. It is one thing I love about keto.

I think your plan is great. More cautious than mine with no dairy for three weeks but I too add it after week one at least. I count alcohol as a P4 food so none of that in P3 except like you, Holidays.

I forgot about beans and legumes because I hardly ever eat them. I will probably introduce them in this P4 or the next, not sure. I do want to try a few favorite recipes, some Lebanese and Ethiopian foods!

I hear you on the metabolically disordered! I really hope I can do carbs again in P4 but so far it has only activated the carb monster. Fingers crossed this time!

R/P/M
    P2
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsstrong View Post
    I think part of increasing slowly is just to get our digestive system going again! The way we metabolize fat on HCG circumvents the digestive system and goes straight through the liver, so it needs to slowly get going again.
    This makes sense. And I certainly don't want to overtax my gallbladder, so I will take it easy with added fats as well as simply pay attention to my hunger when I start P3.

As for dairy, I have a casein intolerance, so it's just not something that's good for my body except on the very rare occasion yogurt or cheese. I just don't miss it at this point.

Fingers crossed on carbs for you! I'm also hoping that with fat loss and IF and time I will heal or at least make progress on my insulin resistance. I'm becoming a believer again that with the right tools and mindset, the body wants to heal!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineMissM View Post
    Sounds like you seriously know what you're doing! Glad to read about it and learn about your experience.
    I also think this is why a strong group of committed people is also a great asset in going into P3....
    we will each do what works for our individual lifestyles and we will learn from it and each other...

My biggest issue is that I literally FORGET to eat... I am a social eater... so when On my own food is not an issue...
    This is why I do the 3 snacks and 2 meals in P2... to train my body to start asking for food in small intervals
    The other is eating the wrong stuff because I am not prepared.... so I need to make sure my Coolbox is packed with the right stuff for any eventuality when I do my rounds on weekends....

LOl had such a laugh yesterday ... we do dog walking on Sundays and aftewrads we normally do tea at a friends place.... he has this awesome cappuccino machine... but O always have green tea with me, but lately I stopped having coffee at home and do my coffee with them after the dog walk.... so yesterday my friends says.... can I offer you a Flapjack?...Me...No thanks...Her...Can I offer you a slice of Rye toast?...Me:..No thanks...Her:...can I offer you a bread stick? (Being very finicky about what bread sticks I eat...but not wanting to offend her) I just smiled and said, Yes thanks.... but what I appreciate is that she went out and got bread sticks because she knew I could have it..... and the nice thing about it is that these are the friends who will not police me...but rather support me through P3....
    ~AKA Yvonne SA~
    Greetings from Sunny South Africa!
    First round since 2015!
    Sept '20 - Wk 1= -4.2/9.24 | wk 2= -1.3/2.86 | Wk 3= -1.4/3.08 | Wk 4= -1.3/2.86 | Wk 5= -1/2.2 | Week 6= -.8/.44 | Total loss 10kg/ 22lbs - LIW 178.4
    P3 end week 1 - Up 2.43 from LIW (Steak day16 Nov) | P3 end week 2 - on LIW great feeling

Blog Entries
    Hi All...
    Ordered my gluten free vegetable based wraps and noodles etc today...
    Also grabbed a few nut butters to try as snacks in P3
    Over the weekend I will grab some beef and make a batch of Biltong... A South African go-to keto snack
    It is your jerky... just 100times better (sorry!.. but it is!)

question....i have an awesome Belgium chocolate factory down the road.... added bonus is.... they do sugar free chocolate!
    Obviously nit to be misused and done in small dosis....
    Also the dark choc option is the better choice

For me.... having stuff in the house does not mean I have to eat it.... for me it is the other way around... if it is in the house... i am at ease
    ~AKA Yvonne SA~
    First round since 2015!
    Sept '20 - Wk 1= -4.2/9.24 | wk 2= -1.3/2.86 | Wk 3= -1.4/3.08 | Wk 4= -1.3/2.86 | Wk 5= -1/2.2 | Week 6= -.8/.44 | Total loss 10kg/ 22lbs - LIW 178.4
    P3 end week 1 - Up 2.43 from LIW (Steak day16 Nov) | P3 end week 2 - on LIW great feeling

Blog Entries
    LOL... it is the middle of the night here and this us the thought i had

In P3... what would I use to thicken sauces with?
    ~AKA Yvonne SA~
    First round since 2015!

Quote Originally Posted by FlirtyFlo View Post

Egg white can work.

R/P/M
    R1) Drops, R2) Tablets, R3) Injections R4) Injections
    Quote Originally Posted by FlirtyFlo View Post

Heavy Whipping Cream or Butter stirred in at the end will thicken sauces very well!
    The Moderator currently known as Coco :

Stable @ 150 for over 5 years. Height - 5'10
    Starting Weight: 220 lbs.
    Lost 70+ lbs. in 4 rounds.
    Went from Size 14/16 at my heaviest to Size 4/6 !!!

Chief Moderator (my happy place :) Leez's Avatar
    R/P/M
    M: at goal May 2015 77# lost wHCG injections
    Blog Entries
    I use oat fiber or gluccomannan (the powder that miracle noodles are made from). I like oat fiber for gravies and gluccomannan for fruit sauces like a berry compote.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview

My recent HCG round was with DietDoc. A full review of my experience and how the round progressed can be found here: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog is here

Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

Blog Entries
    Thanks ladies...so back to googling and see where these are available nearby
    Making sure the pantry is P3 friendly
    At the time i asked I had cheese sauce in mind

Additional questions

How would you define the difference between Psyllium Husk and Oat Fiber?

and what about glucomannan vs Xanthan gum
    ~AKA Yvonne SA~
    First round since 2015!

Blog Entries
    Ok another question...OK...questions?

The one big fail for most people in P3 I believe is the lack of baked goods... and I think I will be foolish if I do not wrap my head around it BEFORE going into P3... This P3 for me is not about cheating, saying oops and moving one.... I want to STABILIZE!

So here are my questions..

1) Does anyone have a basic bread recipe that works on P3?

2) In terms of Flours.... which ones do you have on standby in P3?

3) I know calorie counting is not required in P3, But do you have your own invisible limit on Carbs consumed?

Any other words of wisdom to share?
    ~AKA Yvonne SA~
    First round since 2015!

Blog Entries
    Upping Calories

Because I am not a big eater, I dread upping calories when going into P3, but I know without the HCG I MUST eat more to avoid Metabolic burn out.....So I bought a little Note book to note down everything I consume...Just easier not to forget when away from the computer of Phone

Veggy wise I cant wait to broaden my food list...!! This One veg at a time is just not me... it is not about quantity, rather about variety
    From years of Atkins and then having type 2 Diabetes I learned to like the Low GI/GL veggies and thus sticking to the green and white veg for most of P3... But after week 1 i will experiment with some of the yellow veg and see how I react....

I know most people do not have the problem of upping calories.... but I really gag when my stomach is feeling full ...no kidding...
    So my thought is as discussed before to have a Protein shake as a snack and see how it affects the scale
    ~AKA Yvonne SA~
    First round since 2015!

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast