Popular Pages :


Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 72 of 144

Thread: Surviving P3 and P4 with the help of friends...

  1. #61
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Midwest US
    R/P/M
    P2
    Posts
    386
    Question for the soon-to-be P3ers: are you adding different proteins right away or sticking with P2 protocol proteins for a bit? I have a chicken I'd love to roast and have instead of just breasts. And I have loads of grass-fed red meat in the freezer--a tri tip roast, some ground sirloin that is 90% lean, and other steaks. I figure I'll stay away from the pork butt for at least little while because of the high fat, and ease into it. I've just about had it with shrimp and fish, though, I have to say. Just five more days to go for me of the VLCP. But you know what's funny? I'm most looking forward to adding a greater variety of vegetables! Fantasizing about cauliflower and broccoli and zucchini over here. What a weirdo, right? And then my beloved avocado. Mmmmmmm.

  2. #62
    Chief Moderator (my happy place :) Leez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Midwest USA
    R/P/M
    M: at goal May 2015 77# lost wHCG injections
    Posts
    11,464
    Blog Entries
    35
    I don't know where this idea came from that P3 is about continuing P2 foods and building variety gradually. It is not a protocol concept.

    For me, by the time I hit P3, the last thing I want to be eating is more chicken breast and white fish. And I don't understand why anyone would add unnecessary restrictions when P3 has so much freedom built in. I think its more important to concentrate on fresh whole foods than it is specific items, and its a lot more fun to enjoy all the variety available to you.

    Anecdotally, when I first began my HCG journey, I didn't have any P3 instructions beyond what was in the protocol, and so I ate things in P3 like corn on the cob, and legumes because i thought they were vegetables, not starches. And interestingly, I stabilized just fine. Later I learned more after I joined this forum and refined my definitions, but I could see that there were a lot of voices urging people to put themselves under extra rules that seemed to make sense according to other programs, but really had nothing to do with HCG and how the stabilization in P3 is set up to work.

    In regards to fatty meats, there seems to be a fear about that in a lot of people. But in P3, healthy fat is important, and that includes animal fats. So my method is to enjoy bacon, enjoy that rotisserie chicken, pork roasts and steaks and lovely fatty fish like salmon and don't look back.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview

    A full review of my experience with DietDoc and how the round progressed can be found here: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog is here. If you've found my posts helpful, please consider using this DietDoc link on your next HCG order. (your forum discount still applies)

    Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

  3. #63
    Yeah, I do new foods slowly, like dairy and nuts, but salmon and steak, chili with 85% beef, will be there right away as well as all the veggies!!! No fear of fats or amounts!

    ETA: I can see how "new foods" could be confusing. I guess I mean dairy and nuts. All meats, fish, and true veggies are all a go right away. I actually started with bulk pork sausage and bacon last time!

  4. #64
    Moderator sdwis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The Beach, FL
    R/P/M
    R1) Drops, R2) Tablets, R3) Injections R4) Injections
    Posts
    1,709
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineMissM View Post
    Question for the soon-to-be P3ers: are you adding different proteins right away or sticking with P2 protocol proteins for a bit? I have a chicken I'd love to roast and have instead of just breasts. And I have loads of grass-fed red meat in the freezer--a tri tip roast, some ground sirloin that is 90% lean, and other steaks. I figure I'll stay away from the pork butt for at least little while because of the high fat, and ease into it. I've just about had it with shrimp and fish, though, I have to say. Just five more days to go for me of the VLCP. But you know what's funny? I'm most looking forward to adding a greater variety of vegetables! Fantasizing about cauliflower and broccoli and zucchini over here. What a weirdo, right? And then my beloved avocado. Mmmmmmm.
    My favorite part of P3 is eating all those luscious meats (Steak, Turkey, Wild Boar, Bison, Lamb). One of my first meals day1 always consists of boneless chuck short ribs made in the pressure cooker. I start varying my other meats, but learned last P3 to not eat my own roasted chicken (other than legs, which are ok) , but whole rotisserie chickens from the supermarket were fine - still baffled by that! As far as vegetables, I usually continue to eat bagged salads, broccoli, or green beans for the first few weeks.
    The Moderator currently known as Coco :

    Stable @ 150 for over 5 years. Height - 5'10
    Starting Weight: 220 lbs.
    Lost 70+ lbs. in 4 rounds.
    Went from Size 14/16 at my heaviest to Size 4/6 !!!

  5. #65
    Super Member! FlirtyFlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Johannesburg, South Africa
    Posts
    2,445
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Leez View Post
    Anecdotally, when I first began my HCG journey, I didn't have any P3 instructions beyond what was in the protocol, and so I ate things in P3 like corn on the cob, and legumes because i thought they were vegetables, not starches. And interestingly, I stabilized just fine.
    Leez, I think that is why I keep feeling that I have never done a P3 properly.... But I also think when I last did HCG we were not as spoilt for choice as we are now with the world going Keto Crazy...

    In regards to fatty meats, there seems to be a fear about that in a lot of people. But in P3, healthy fat is important, and that includes animal fats. So my method is to enjoy bacon, enjoy that rotisserie chicken, pork roasts and steaks and lovely fatty fish like salmon and don't look back.
    One thing I missed during P3 is Lamb... My local Butcher/Deli makes awesome Lamb Burgers, so I got a nice supply and I saved it in 150gm portions... For me, I struggle if it is more But with my fillet steaks I will definitely try a 200gm soon!! and maybe for the weekend away I will look into a nice RibEye Steak...

    Looking forward to a fried egg and bacon on day one of P3....

    However, because of my small meal issue, That's why I got a good Protein Powder to add proteins to my smoothies or as a extra meal

    I did in general stock up on healthy treats... seeds, nuts, seed crackers etc... obviously to be taken in moderation and I will keep a detailed record of foods versus the scale....
    ~AKA Yvonne SA~
    Greetings from Sunny South Africa!
    Round 2 - Start weight 82/180.4 After Loading 83.6/183.92
    Sept '20 - First round since 2015!
    Wk 1= -4.2/9.24 |wk 2= -1.3/2.86 |Wk 3= -1.4/3.08 |Wk 4= -1.3/2.86 |Wk 5= -1/2.2 |Week 6= -.8/.44 |Total loss 10kg/ 22lbs- LIW 178.4
    P3 end week 1 - Up 2.43 (Steak day16 Nov) | week 2 - on LIW | week 3 - up .66 | week 4 on LIW - 9 weeks after LIW 180.4

  6. #66
    Super Member! FlirtyFlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Johannesburg, South Africa
    Posts
    2,445
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by sdwis View Post
    As far as vegetables, I usually continue to eat bagged salads, broccoli, or green beans for the first few weeks.
    I usually stick as a norm to the green and white veggies so that's what I will bring in...missing Cauliflower and Brocolli
    ~AKA Yvonne SA~
    Greetings from Sunny South Africa!
    Round 2 - Start weight 82/180.4 After Loading 83.6/183.92
    Sept '20 - First round since 2015!
    Wk 1= -4.2/9.24 |wk 2= -1.3/2.86 |Wk 3= -1.4/3.08 |Wk 4= -1.3/2.86 |Wk 5= -1/2.2 |Week 6= -.8/.44 |Total loss 10kg/ 22lbs- LIW 178.4
    P3 end week 1 - Up 2.43 (Steak day16 Nov) | week 2 - on LIW | week 3 - up .66 | week 4 on LIW - 9 weeks after LIW 180.4

  7. #67
    Super Member! FlirtyFlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Johannesburg, South Africa
    Posts
    2,445
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineMissM View Post
    Question for the soon-to-be P3ers: are you adding different proteins right away or sticking with P2 protocol proteins for a bit?
    I have already purchased some minced lamb and New Fillet steaks which I packaged into 150gm parcels... Have some duck breasts in the freezer begging...and will definitely add some fats... I have had the occasional Baby soles on this P2 till I saw they are not really P2, so stocked up on Dressed sole.. a bit more flesh than the baby soles.... looking forward to a Sole with lemon Butter

    The plan is to be cautious but to up my calories and also my proteins....and definitely introduce fat but not overdo it!... Looking forward to my vegetable wraps with loads of Crunchy sprouts.... They are allowed are they not?

    Strangely I don't crave on P2, but with P3 starting soon I am looking forward to some meals I have missed...first P3 day is on Sunday....
    ~AKA Yvonne SA~
    Greetings from Sunny South Africa!
    Round 2 - Start weight 82/180.4 After Loading 83.6/183.92
    Sept '20 - First round since 2015!
    Wk 1= -4.2/9.24 |wk 2= -1.3/2.86 |Wk 3= -1.4/3.08 |Wk 4= -1.3/2.86 |Wk 5= -1/2.2 |Week 6= -.8/.44 |Total loss 10kg/ 22lbs- LIW 178.4
    P3 end week 1 - Up 2.43 (Steak day16 Nov) | week 2 - on LIW | week 3 - up .66 | week 4 on LIW - 9 weeks after LIW 180.4

  8. #68
    Super Member! FlirtyFlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Johannesburg, South Africa
    Posts
    2,445
    Blog Entries
    2
    BUTTERMILK IN P3
    Is buttermilk allowed?
    I do have some recipes using buttermilk - so just checking
    I should be able to substitute with Yougurt

    DRIED FRUIT - SPECIFICALLY BERRIES
    I know we are told to stay away from dried fruit because of the sugars
    But if a recipe asks for just a handful of Goji or Cranberries.... should I try it and see what happens?
    ~AKA Yvonne SA~
    Greetings from Sunny South Africa!
    Round 2 - Start weight 82/180.4 After Loading 83.6/183.92
    Sept '20 - First round since 2015!
    Wk 1= -4.2/9.24 |wk 2= -1.3/2.86 |Wk 3= -1.4/3.08 |Wk 4= -1.3/2.86 |Wk 5= -1/2.2 |Week 6= -.8/.44 |Total loss 10kg/ 22lbs- LIW 178.4
    P3 end week 1 - Up 2.43 (Steak day16 Nov) | week 2 - on LIW | week 3 - up .66 | week 4 on LIW - 9 weeks after LIW 180.4

  9. #69
    Super Member! FlirtyFlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Johannesburg, South Africa
    Posts
    2,445
    Blog Entries
    2
    MrsStrong
    In reply to your question The sugar-free chocolate is sweetened with Maltitol I have purchased their chocolate for years and have never had the runs.....

    I need to add... all of these is not for me alone.... as the Christmas season approaches, I often make a goody basket from my own kitchen and although my friends do not do Keto they always appreciate a guilt-free snack or treat and Everything Keto in this country is insanely expensive.... So I am looking into a few options at the moment for my Christmas baskets

    • With the chocolate I am planning Peanut clusters and coconut clusters and if I can get some nice big Brasil nut to cover them in chocolate
    • I also found a great Keto recipe for Speculaas Butter and Will try my hand on Keto Speculaas biscuits.. I love the spices and seeing the Ginger biscuits is just not the same without Molasses, I will have to give it a miss this year...
    • Another plan is to do my own seed crackers and can combine that with a few nice cheeses as a gift
    • Something else Us South Africans Like are Rusks.... its kind of hard to explain... it is a variation on bread dough which is baked and then tried and dipped in your early morning coffee.. almost a bread like version of Biscotti... but there are a few really nice recipes for a nice Keto version with The seeds and dried berries....
    • And then I make my own Biltong.... similar to beef jerky...just nicer completely Keto Friendly!!
    • Normally I make nice cheese straws but that wont work this year (Not Keto friendly) but I may just treat them anyways and just make sure I do not make them in P3 because they are hard to resist.. but I will look into a Keto option of a cheese biscuit
    • and add to that a nice sugar free Fruit Sorbet or Ice cream


    Anyways can not believe it is almost Christmas.....
    ~AKA Yvonne SA~
    Greetings from Sunny South Africa!
    Round 2 - Start weight 82/180.4 After Loading 83.6/183.92
    Sept '20 - First round since 2015!
    Wk 1= -4.2/9.24 |wk 2= -1.3/2.86 |Wk 3= -1.4/3.08 |Wk 4= -1.3/2.86 |Wk 5= -1/2.2 |Week 6= -.8/.44 |Total loss 10kg/ 22lbs- LIW 178.4
    P3 end week 1 - Up 2.43 (Steak day16 Nov) | week 2 - on LIW | week 3 - up .66 | week 4 on LIW - 9 weeks after LIW 180.4

  10. #70
    Super Member! FlirtyFlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Johannesburg, South Africa
    Posts
    2,445
    Blog Entries
    2
    SPROUTS
    Hi there.. I have asked the question before but I think it was missed....
    I am getting ready to sprout some sprouts for my salads and was wondering...are there any sprouts that are not acceptable on P3
    I remember reading somewhere that I think Leez mentioned that once t sprouts it is no longer a seed....
    Also like pea shoots as its the easiest Micro herb to grow....

    any feedback?
    ~AKA Yvonne SA~
    Greetings from Sunny South Africa!
    Round 2 - Start weight 82/180.4 After Loading 83.6/183.92
    Sept '20 - First round since 2015!
    Wk 1= -4.2/9.24 |wk 2= -1.3/2.86 |Wk 3= -1.4/3.08 |Wk 4= -1.3/2.86 |Wk 5= -1/2.2 |Week 6= -.8/.44 |Total loss 10kg/ 22lbs- LIW 178.4
    P3 end week 1 - Up 2.43 (Steak day16 Nov) | week 2 - on LIW | week 3 - up .66 | week 4 on LIW - 9 weeks after LIW 180.4

  11. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Midwest US
    R/P/M
    P2
    Posts
    386
    Quote Originally Posted by Leez View Post
    I don't know where this idea came from that P3 is about continuing P2 foods and building variety gradually. It is not a protocol concept.

    For me, by the time I hit P3, the last thing I want to be eating is more chicken breast and white fish. And I don't understand why anyone would add unnecessary restrictions when P3 has so much freedom built in. I think its more important to concentrate on fresh whole foods than it is specific items, and its a lot more fun to enjoy all the variety available to you.

    Anecdotally, when I first began my HCG journey, I didn't have any P3 instructions beyond what was in the protocol, and so I ate things in P3 like corn on the cob, and legumes because i thought they were vegetables, not starches. And interestingly, I stabilized just fine. Later I learned more after I joined this forum and refined my definitions, but I could see that there were a lot of voices urging people to put themselves under extra rules that seemed to make sense according to other programs, but really had nothing to do with HCG and how the stabilization in P3 is set up to work.

    In regards to fatty meats, there seems to be a fear about that in a lot of people. But in P3, healthy fat is important, and that includes animal fats. So my method is to enjoy bacon, enjoy that rotisserie chicken, pork roasts and steaks and lovely fatty fish like salmon and don't look back.
    WONDERFUL! So helpful. And exactly what I wanted to hear. Thank you SO MUCH!!

  12. #72
    Chief Moderator (my happy place :) Leez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Midwest USA
    R/P/M
    M: at goal May 2015 77# lost wHCG injections
    Posts
    11,464
    Blog Entries
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by FlirtyFlo View Post
    SPROUTS
    Hi there.. I have asked the question before but I think it was missed....
    I am getting ready to sprout some sprouts for my salads and was wondering...are there any sprouts that are not acceptable on P3
    I remember reading somewhere that I think Leez mentioned that once t sprouts it is no longer a seed....
    Also like pea shoots as its the easiest Micro herb to grow....

    any feedback?
    Any salad-type crunchy sprout is going to be fine in P3. I think its a good idea to avoid large amounts of soy sprouts and edamame because soy is considered a hormone disrupter. Where the controversy comes in is using sprouted grains for bread and such.

    In Linda Prinster's guide, she lists Ezekiel 4:9 flourless sprouted bread as a big caution food for P3, but it is not disallowed.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview

    A full review of my experience with DietDoc and how the round progressed can be found here: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog is here. If you've found my posts helpful, please consider using this DietDoc link on your next HCG order. (your forum discount still applies)

    Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •