Popular Pages :


Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 312 of 533

Thread: Fast Metabolism Diet FMD for P4

  1. #301
    Member treenz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Houston, Tx
    R/P/M
    R4P3-INJ
    Posts
    68
    Now that's something I can get excited about...wow!
    Age: 50 Height: 5'10"
    R1P2-LIW: 240.8 - 9.2
    R2P2: LIW: 223.4 -20.6
    R3P2:LIW: 213.2 -20.2 2012
    R4P1: 254.6 w/load: 261
    LIW - 235.4





  2. #302
    Chief Moderator (my happy place :) Leez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Midwest USA
    R/P/M
    M: at goal May 2015 77# lost wHCG injections
    Posts
    10,613
    Blog Entries
    34

    starting the H-burn tomorrow

    I'm resurrecting this topic to report on my upcoming 10 days of H-Burn.

    Why am I doing H-burn now:

    Because I've reached my goal with HCG, have been maintaining for over 2 months now, and am hoping the H-burn will address whatever hormonal issues I have. I obviously have some, because I have had constant hot flashes for over 6 years now that even hormone therapy could not touch. If I can have fewer hot flashes, I might actually be able to get some stretches of restful sleep at night. Currently, the hot flashes wake me up 5 or more times a night. I seldom get more than 1-1/2 to 2 hours of uninterrupted sleep. That's just not OK!

    It is a sacrifice to give up my lovely sprouted breads and cheeses after finally reuniting with them again, but its only for 10 days. I think I can manage that for the hope H-burn offers. Its going to be hard to pass on the seasonal cherries that are so spectacular right now. At least there are some peaches allowed on the plan.

    Will I lose weight? I don't know. I didn't lose any on the D-burn, and I didn't lose any after months on FMD. But H-burn can produce a loss of up to 10 pounds. I expect that if I lose any, it might be one or two. I'm not doing it to lose weight, but if I do, I won't be unhappy about it. Any extra poundage I get off is helpful to keeping my blood pressure numbers in a good range.

    So I've prepared my tea and soup for the next 5 days, and the fridge and pantry are stocked with everything I need to get started tomorrow. Wish me luck and no food reactions!

    The only thing I'm concerned about in the menus are the sunflower seeds that are in the morning smoothie every day. I've discovered I have reaction to several different seeds: chia (possibly why D-burn produced no losses), flax, kiwi, annato (thats why I can't eat orange cheese...amazing), hemp, pine nuts (a full on allergy), and possibly pumpkin and sesame (not sure on those). I'm hoping the sunflower seeds will be ok, as they are more an omega 6 oil than an omega 3 one.

    I guess I'll find out pretty quickly if they are a problem, and then I could substitute with one of the nuts on the program if necessary.

    NOTE: there is an app for the Burn programs:
    http://hayliepomroy.com/burn-app/

    I can't imagine doing FMD without the iphone app for that, but the burn programs are a lot simpler since you really don't have choices to make. I didn't get the app--but it does have a lot of cool stuff on it. I have the kindle version of the burns, so I've set up my bookmarks so that I can access what I need quickly from there. It does make an extra step of printing out grocery lists, but thats ok.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview
    Please note that any suggestions I make are based on the Original Protocol.

    My recent HCG round was with DietDoc. Our site owner has generously arranged for me to earn a small fee if you use my DietDoc or Nu Image Medical link to order your Hcg and supplies. (All HDI site discounts and coupons apply.) A full review of my experience and how the round progressed: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog here

    Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

  3. #303
    Quote Originally Posted by Leez View Post
    I'm resurrecting this topic to report on my upcoming 10 days of H-Burn.

    Why am I doing H-burn now:

    Because I've reached my goal with HCG, have been maintaining for over 2 months now, and am hoping the H-burn will address whatever hormonal issues I have. I obviously have some, because I have had constant hot flashes for over 6 years now that even hormone therapy could not touch. If I can have fewer hot flashes, I might actually be able to get some stretches of restful sleep at night. Currently, the hot flashes wake me up 5 or more times a night. I seldom get more than 1-1/2 to 2 hours of uninterrupted sleep. That's just not OK!

    It is a sacrifice to give up my lovely sprouted breads and cheeses after finally reuniting with them again, but its only for 10 days. I think I can manage that for the hope H-burn offers. Its going to be hard to pass on the seasonal cherries that are so spectacular right now. At least there are some peaches allowed on the plan.

    Will I lose weight? I don't know. I didn't lose any on the D-burn, and I didn't lose any after months on FMD. But H-burn can produce a loss of up to 10 pounds. I expect that if I lose any, it might be one or two. I'm not doing it to lose weight, but if I do, I won't be unhappy about it. Any extra poundage I get off is helpful to keeping my blood pressure numbers in a good range.

    So I've prepared my tea and soup for the next 5 days, and the fridge and pantry are stocked with everything I need to get started tomorrow. Wish me luck and no food reactions!
    Good luck girl! What's Hburn?? I've never heard of that before. If it has anything to do with helping to balance hormones, I'm super interested!! My are all sorts of jacked up, lol.

    You didn't have much luck w FMD? I still have all those gallons of the powder in my pantry that I was gonna use for London, lol. There was another one Grammy mentioned that works well for people with hormone issues. But I have a question about life after HCG...I'm about to go into P3 in a few days, but you made me think of it with your post. How long should you wait before trying to lose more lbs after a round? I know P3 is stabilizing and P4 kind of that way, too. But is it something where you have to keep that LIW forever or until your next round (if ones warranted) to not sabotage your results? After my very first round (granted it wasn't close to proper) I lost like 35lbs, and after I lost another like 10-12 lbs and got back to my regular weight. I was soooo excited!! But I think the combo of not doing it properly (especially P3/4) and losing more too quickly made things mess up.
    Curious your thoughts! Good luck and I can't wait to hear more about Hburn!!


    ~Mishi

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #304
    Chief Moderator (my happy place :) Leez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Midwest USA
    R/P/M
    M: at goal May 2015 77# lost wHCG injections
    Posts
    10,613
    Blog Entries
    34
    There are 3 "Burns" related to the FMD approach. One for Inflammation, one for Digestion, and one for Hormones, hence the starting initials. They are intensives meant to target specific issues by using specific micronutrients. For those trying to lose weight on FMD, they are used as stall breakers as well. They all have a morning smoothie, a soup that you eat twice a day, tea that you drink at least 3 times a day, and 2 meals. You supposedly can lose up to a pound a day doing them. The FMD (28 day program) is the one that you go back to when you are done with whatever Burn you are doing. You can do a particular burn 3 times in a row if you find it's helping you.

    You can start FMD as soon as you are in P4 if you like. I waited a while both times now. Last time I had been in P4 a couple months before starting. This time I'm in week 9 after P2 before starting H-burn. Personally, I think its a good idea to get through at least 3 weeks of P4 before you start FMD. You are allowed to eat so many different grains and starches in FMD, and its a lot less stressful if you've tested some of them before you start. Although in my case, I reacted to every new starchy thing at first. But gradually, I was able to eat pretty much everything allowed.

    Actually, looking at the H-burn menus, there are no grains, so I think its actually a better choice to start immediately when you hit P4 than the regular FMD is.

    Once you are in P4, you can do a weight loss program if you want also start any new work out program you want.

    Since you have all those powders anyway, I encourage you to give FMD a go. I wish I could use the Part2 one meal replacement on FMD. I'm sure its more pleasant the the substitute protein powder I concocted...but it has some ingredients I avoid (xanthan gum).

    EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishi
    You didn't have much luck w FMD?
    I wouldn't say that. Its true that I didn't lose more with it. But it sorted out a whole lot of things for me, the main one being that I could maintain my losses while eating grains and starches again. I started my last HCG round at about my LIW from the one almost a year before. I also attribute some major changes in my digestion and body shape to whatever healing happened in FMD and the D-burn. So I consider it was worth the effort for me for those reasons.

    Others that do FMD may get some losses. Seems to be an average of 5-7 pounds for us HCG'ers that are already eating pretty clean. People coming of the SAD (standard american diet) are the ones who can lose 20 pounds in the first time through the 28-day program.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview
    Please note that any suggestions I make are based on the Original Protocol.

    My recent HCG round was with DietDoc. Our site owner has generously arranged for me to earn a small fee if you use my DietDoc or Nu Image Medical link to order your Hcg and supplies. (All HDI site discounts and coupons apply.) A full review of my experience and how the round progressed: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog here

    Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

  5. #305
    Senior Member River57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    R/P/M
    R1/P2/inj
    Posts
    291
    Blog Entries
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Leez View Post
    There are 3 "Burns" related to the FMD approach. One for Inflammation, one for Digestion, and one for Hormones, hence the starting initials. They are intensives meant to target specific issues by using specific micronutrients. For those trying to lose weight on FMD, they are used as stall breakers as well. They all have a morning smoothie, a soup that you eat twice a day, tea that you drink at least 3 times a day, and 2 meals. You supposedly can lose up to a pound a day doing them. The FMD (28 day program) is the one that you go back to when you are done with whatever Burn you are doing. You can do a particular burn 3 times in a row if you find it's helping you.

    You can start FMD as soon as you are in P4 if you like. I waited a while both times now. Last time I had been in P4 a couple months before starting. This time I'm in week 9 after P2 before starting H-burn. Personally, I think its a good idea to get through at least 3 weeks of P4 before you start FMD. You are allowed to eat so many different grains and starches in FMD, and its a lot less stressful if you've tested some of them before you start. Although in my case, I reacted to every new starchy thing at first. But gradually, I was able to eat pretty much everything allowed.

    Actually, looking at the H-burn menus, there are no grains, so I think its actually a better choice to start immediately when you hit P4 than the regular FMD is.

    Once you are in P4, you can do a weight loss program if you want also start any new work out program you want.

    Since you have all those powders anyway, I encourage you to give FMD a go. I wish I could use the Part2 one meal replacement on FMD. I'm sure its more pleasant the the substitute protein powder I concocted...but it has some ingredients I avoid (xanthan gum).
    Well this whole thread it pretty amazing, Leez. I came across FMD about a week ago and have been fascinated with the idea of using it once I get to P4. Im so glad I found this. Thanks for being a trailblazer and taking the time and effort to share what you learned along the way. The way your weight has roller coaster-ed through the phases is a little bit frightening. But you have been so committed to seeing the process through several rounds.
    So far P3 is going well for me, but it sounds like P4 is where people run into trouble adding in the starches and sugars. I've only done the one round of HCG and so hope that my metabolism will stabilize fairly easily in p4. I have another 25 pounds to lose to get to where I will feel I'm a healthy weight for my height, build and age. I think trying FMD might be one way to go at least for a bit while I decide whether I'll do another round of the HCG or not. Thanks for all of your help and sharing of information.
    start weight 200.8#
    Load Weight 201.0#

    LIW -- 175.6
    P3/ D24--- 176.6
    P4/ D7---- 177.6

  6. #306
    I'm New!
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Northeast
    R/P/M
    Round 1, Phase 2, drops
    Posts
    4
    I'm really curious how this works for you. Keep us updated!

  7. #307
    Chief Moderator (my happy place :) Leez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Midwest USA
    R/P/M
    M: at goal May 2015 77# lost wHCG injections
    Posts
    10,613
    Blog Entries
    34
    H-burn DAY1
    Boosters: acacia, black pepper, skin brushing, cardio, detox cocktail

    So it begins. I'm near the top of my window today, as I had a gain from yesterday, which might just be from weighing early.

    All the FMD plans require you to have breakfast within a half hour of waking, so that disrupts my regular morning weighing routine, and I'll have to weigh earlier for these ten days. So the gain may not really be a gain. Hard to say. I can't help but wonder how it will go after 10 days of this. I didn't quite make the half hour cut-off today even though I tried. But since part of the emphasis in H-burn is staying calm, I am not going to stress out about a few extra minutes.

    The breakfast smoothie is not awful, but not something I would choose to drink. It contains plenty of oils, so its quite filling. The tea is not unpleasant but its a little sour from the limes in it. So that part is ok.

    What was not OK was the optional hormone detox cocktail I had. (All the burns have optional "success-booster" suggestions, and this cocktail was one of them.) Normally, I have hot water with a half lemon first thing in the morning, so when I saw this cocktail used a half lemon, I figured it would be easy enough to just add the other ingredients to my morning tonic. The additions were 2T coconut vinegar, and 1 T. grapeseed oil. Apparently that was just too much for my hardly-awake-yet stomach and I got rather nauseous. I wont' be doing that again! I think I'll just count my skin brushing that I do anyway as my optional booster.

    So onward to the rest of the day.... btw....I'm not giving up my coffee for this. I found it made no difference for me in FMD, so I'm not eliminating it for this either. However, there is so much other stuff to drink, I won't be drinking as much coffee as usual for these 10 days...there just isn't time!

    Soup (that you have to eat twice a day) is pretty good. Even better with cracked black pepper (one of the "success boosters"). Its pureed, so you can drink it out of a mug.

    Lunch: had to sub tuna for the eggs in the lunch salad. It was surprisingly good with a vinegrette style dressing. Even without the pomegranite seeds that I forgot to put on it. How did I miss that? I love pomegranite seeds. They are actually one of the success boosters, so I'll be enjoying those other times.

    Dinner: Quite yummy. (Skillet chicken with fennel and walnuts)

    Success boosters: I'll be noting which I do each day. Only one is required, and you can choose. Many of them I do anyway, like skin brushing. I have substituted my regular acacia fiber (good for my situation) for the psyllium fiber (bad for my situation) booster. So those are two things that count without any extra effort.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview
    Please note that any suggestions I make are based on the Original Protocol.

    My recent HCG round was with DietDoc. Our site owner has generously arranged for me to earn a small fee if you use my DietDoc or Nu Image Medical link to order your Hcg and supplies. (All HDI site discounts and coupons apply.) A full review of my experience and how the round progressed: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog here

    Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

  8. #308
    Senior Member River57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    R/P/M
    R1/P2/inj
    Posts
    291
    Blog Entries
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Leez View Post
    H-burn DAY1

    So it begins. I'm near the top of my window today, as I had a gain from yesterday, which might just be from weighing early.

    All the FMD plans require you to have breakfast within a half hour of waking, so that disrupts my regular morning weighing routine, and I'll have to weigh earlier for these ten days. So the gain may not really be a gain. Hard to say. I can't help but wonder how it will go after 10 days of this. I didn't quite make the half hour cut-off today even though I tried. But since part of the emphasis in H-burn is staying calm, I am not going to stress out about a few extra minutes.

    The breakfast smoothie is not awful, but not something I would choose to drink. It contains plenty of oils, so its quite filling. The tea is not unpleasant but its a little sour from the limes in it. So that part is ok.

    What was not OK was the optional hormone detox cocktail I had. (All the burns have optional "success-booster" suggestions, and this cocktail was one of them.) Normally, I have hot water with a half lemon first thing in the morning, so when I saw this cocktail used a half lemon, I figured it would be easy enough to just add the other ingredients to my morning tonic. The additions were 2T coconut vinegar, and 1 T. grapeseed oil. Apparently that was just too much for my hardly-awake-yet stomach and I got rather nauseous. I wont' be doing that again! I think I'll just count my skin brushing that I do anyway as my optional booster.

    So onward to the rest of the day.... btw....I'm not giving up my coffee for this. I found it made no difference for me in FMD, so I'm not eliminating it for this either. However, there is so much other stuff to drink, I won't be drinking as much coffee as usual for these 10 days...there just isn't time!

    Soup (that you have to eat twice a day) is pretty good. Even better with cracked black pepper (one of the "success boosters"). Its pureed, so you can drink it out of a mug.
    I do like soups, but I wonder if I would be willing to drink all of these "booster" type things...LOL. I once, in error put regular apple cider vinegar in my lemon water and it was not delicious. But I drank it because I figured it was twice as good for me as either water and lemon or water and vinegar.. Go get 'em Leez!
    start weight 200.8#
    Load Weight 201.0#

    LIW -- 175.6
    P3/ D24--- 176.6
    P4/ D7---- 177.6

  9. #309
    Chief Moderator (my happy place :) Leez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Midwest USA
    R/P/M
    M: at goal May 2015 77# lost wHCG injections
    Posts
    10,613
    Blog Entries
    34
    I can't tolerate drinking apple cider vinegar at all. It feels like its burning a hole in my stomach. I was hoping the coconut vinegar would be milder, but apparently not.

    There are tons of boosters you can choose from. Some are really simple...like adding fresh cracked black pepper to your soup. You'll find some that appeal to you. You're encouraged to do one every day, although you can do as many as you like. But those are a Burn specialty. You don't have to do boosters in the FMD program.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview
    Please note that any suggestions I make are based on the Original Protocol.

    My recent HCG round was with DietDoc. Our site owner has generously arranged for me to earn a small fee if you use my DietDoc or Nu Image Medical link to order your Hcg and supplies. (All HDI site discounts and coupons apply.) A full review of my experience and how the round progressed: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog here

    Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

  10. #310
    Chief Moderator (my happy place :) Leez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Midwest USA
    R/P/M
    M: at goal May 2015 77# lost wHCG injections
    Posts
    10,613
    Blog Entries
    34
    H-burn Day 2 Loss: 1.6
    Boosters: black pepper, acacia, blue-green algae, strength training (lower body), pomegranite, skin brushing

    Off to a great start. I managed to get everything in yesterday. It wasn't easy--there is a lot of stuff plus 4 big glasses of water. That amount of loss is pretty astounding considering how I have been eating. It seems my body is happy with the cold sludgy greens smoothie, the turmeric lime tea and the hot sludgy greens soup. ^_^

    However, I probably had more hot flashes last night than ever. Hopefully, that's a sign that something is happening. It could be that things have to get worse before they get better. Kind of like when you do a detox.

    Todays lunch menu is leftovers from last nights dinner (Skillet Chicken with Fennel & Walnuts). The recipes are really good in these burn programs, so I expect tonights dinner to be lovely. (mmm. Cilantro Shrimp and Green Beans)
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview
    Please note that any suggestions I make are based on the Original Protocol.

    My recent HCG round was with DietDoc. Our site owner has generously arranged for me to earn a small fee if you use my DietDoc or Nu Image Medical link to order your Hcg and supplies. (All HDI site discounts and coupons apply.) A full review of my experience and how the round progressed: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog here

    Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

  11. #311
    WOW Leez….wonderful loss!!!!!

    I do think/hope that your hot flashes may get worse before they get better….this is for hormones after all!

    Keep up the GREAT work!!! I can't eat walnuts (allergic) but I may have to get the book and try this out here in the next couple of months too

  12. #312
    Chief Moderator (my happy place :) Leez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Midwest USA
    R/P/M
    M: at goal May 2015 77# lost wHCG injections
    Posts
    10,613
    Blog Entries
    34
    You can substitute for anything you are allergic to from some similar item on the food list. The first day's lunch was an egg salad recipe, so since I can't eat eggs, I substituted tuna for it. It worked fine. You could sub sunflower seeds or pine nuts for the walnuts, for instance.

    I'm going to have to sub out for the pine nuts, since I am allergic to those big time. Its not just weight gain there, I get mild anaphalaxis.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview
    Please note that any suggestions I make are based on the Original Protocol.

    My recent HCG round was with DietDoc. Our site owner has generously arranged for me to earn a small fee if you use my DietDoc or Nu Image Medical link to order your Hcg and supplies. (All HDI site discounts and coupons apply.) A full review of my experience and how the round progressed: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog here

    Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •