Page 7 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Fast Metabolism Diet FMD for P4

Moderator (my happy place :) Leez's Avatar
    R/P/M
    M: at goal May 2015 77# lost wHCG injections
    Blog Entries
    I guess there is no magic in this then. Its just another way to learn food combining rules. So maybe P3 on this plan should be done the same way as P3 on HCG. Which makes me wonder if doing this is really going to help me much at all.

I guess it will if I can learn to separate starch and fats on a regular basis. FMD seems to indicate that you can combine them if you limit the starch severely, but maybe some of us can't even do that. I've been eliminating the starch from the dinner menu on P3 from the beginning.

If I may ask, why would you do FMD again, since THM is so much more relaxed?
    5 Rounds 2011-2012 April 2015 R7: at goal. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133]
    See my blog for my fave P2 and P3 recipes ~ Stabilizing with FMD for P4
    Logs & discussions about: THE PLAN ~ THM
    P4 suggestions: Maintenance strategies overview

I am a Moderator of the Hcg Diet Info forums. My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.
    Medical Disclaimer

Retired Chief Moderator (We will miss you Grammy) grammy1952's Avatar
    R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    THM has tons of dairy and I think that's probably why some don't lose on it. But they are very similar. The thing they have both taught me is that it's not the carbs that are the problem. It's the combining the carbs with the fat just as Simeons said. I think grains and fats in particular don't mix where starchier veggies probably do.
    Grammy's Protocol: Mixing and Dosage Instructions:
    http://hcgdietinfo.com/grammys-hcg-diet-blog/

Grammy's Website: ColleenCoble.com

I am a Moderator of the Hcg Diet Info forums. My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.
    Medical Disclaimer

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    What a surprise--Simeons was right? Maybe that has been my problem in P3 all along. I didn't pay a whole lot of attention to the fat/starch combination thing once I got out of (or tried to get out of) P3.

FMD2 3-3

Another small rise of .2.This mirrors last weeks pattern in part3. So if that follows, I'll lose some now.

Overall, I'm .4 under my starting weight at this moment. So any loss will be a little bit more progress downward.
    5 Rounds 2011-2012 April 2015 R7: at goal. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133]

Medical Disclaimer

R/P/M
    And isn't it fun to realize you can eat starches as long as you keep the fat low?

Medical Disclaimer

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    Indeed...it does seem to be working that way for my on the Part1 2days of the plan this week. You could be on to something there.

Medical Disclaimer

R/P/M
    Now when I eat carbs, I just make sure I am low fat.

Medical Disclaimer

Good job Leez!! I'm seriously gonna have to look into this FMD! It's sounding more n more like something I could benefit from once I'm going into P4, and maybe beyond!! I'm already so petrified of leaving P3! It's funny how you get nervous entering a phase, learn it (for the most part), get comfy, then repeat with each new round!lol Right now, I'm just wanting to stay on P3 (HCG) forever!!
    Any familiarize on things to read up on to better familiarize myself w FMD? Oh, what's THM?
    Thanks guys!!

~Mishi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    I hear you, Mishi, about fear of P4. One of the biggest reliefs I'm experiencing in FMD is freedom from correction days. That is huge. It[s so stressful when you have to do them so often that they stop working. I had so many this P3 that after 10 weeks, I still hadn't tested very much.

THM is Thin Healthy Mama. It's food combining, but you can change combinations for each meal if you like (instead of a different combo phase that last 2 or more days), as I understand it.
    Overview article: http://savvyhomemaking.com/trim_heal...ew_start_here/

There's an FMD overview on this blog that will give you a good idea about the program: http://www.chewfo.com/diets/the-fast...oid-food-list/ If you decide to do it, get the iPhone app...it makes it so easy.

When I went into FMD, I was looking at it as a metabolic "fixer" that was somehow going to desensitize my body to starches. But as I'm going through it, I'm realizing that its more a training exercise on how to eat a lot without gaining weight--the key being not to mix fats and starches, but when you do mix them to keep the starch component very low.

FMD3 1-1

So, just like last weeks gain for 2 days of part 3 and then a loss, this week also follows that pattern. Talking scale announced this morning's weight as 149.2. Thats a drop from yesterday of 1.6 pounds. Wow. This is a roller coaster. But each week, I'm getting a little bit lower. Total loss for the two weeks: 2 pounds. Nothing spectacular. I'm still in my HCG window by better than a pound.

End of week 1: Loss: .8
    End of week 2: Loss: 1.2

I decided that since barley is an ingredient in Ezekiel sprouted bread, it should be safe for me as a grain on FMD. So I had it yesterday and for breakfast again today. If that holds then millet and spelt will be fine too.

Medical Disclaimer

R/P/M
    Not necessarily an accurate assumption, Leez. Remember the grains in Ezekiel bread are sprouted. That changes them up. But hopefully you'll be okay on them.

Medical Disclaimer

Leez: Do you find FMD expensive? I've seen a lot of reviews of people complaining about the expense of the foods.

Grammy: I don't do dairy because I have sensitivities to cow's milk, but THM sounds more flexible - or does it also require you to eat every 3 hrs? That'd be hard for me because of my job.

Page 7 of 53 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast