Popular Pages :

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Oh My I am up 8 Pounds, please help!

R/P/M
    R7P3 Homeopathic Pellets

Oh My I am up 8 Pounds, please help!

Good Morning,

I have screwed up in a new way. I did not do Trim Healthy Mama correctly. I did not initially understand the diet, watch my portion sizes and had way too much fun. Then I went on a fun vacation/ business trip where apparently I thought calories did not matter. Also, I started to re-ignite my love affair with sugar. Additionally, between my outrageous number of mosquito bites, back issues, and most importantly, my general laziness, being totally sedentary seemed like a good idea. I know. But I am not going to blame my metabolism, when it is really my brain that was the trouble.

What I learned from this going forward is:
    Veggies have to be half my plate at almost all meals and snacks.
    Apparently calories and portion sizes do matter all the time, even on vacation and business trips.
    Planning meals and keeping healthy veggies in a cooler works better than decisions made when hungry.
    Sugar has to be a weekly treat.
    Exercise has to happen.
    I need to drink more water and manage the constipation/discomfort from taking the twice daily calcium supplements.

The good news is I am not ignoring the reality.
    The bad news is I am 8 pounds over my window, with family birthdays, celebrations, and my birthday this week.

I am not sure what to do next to get the weight off. I feel that a short round is the best solution, as nothing else seems to work for me. I am far away from my last round, so I could do a shortish round and get back down. Steak days/correction days usually don't work when I am this far out of a round and also it is not inflammation, I am pretty certain it is fat.

Leez, what do you think?

I feel that maintenance is a process and I will get better at it. But not sure. This could be much worse... I am trying to keep my spirits up but wow I do feel dumb....

Thank you for your help in this. Wish I had better news to report!
    RK
    [/url]

R/P/M
    R6 P2 HCG Inj
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rkthin View Post
    Good Morning,

I have screwed up in a new way. I did not do Trim Healthy Mama correctly. I did not initially understand the diet, watch my portion sizes and had way too much fun. Then I went on a fun vacation/ business trip where apparently I thought calories did not matter. Also, I started to re-ignite my love affair with sugar. Additionally, between my outrageous number of mosquito bites, back issues, and most importantly, my general laziness, being totally sedentary seemed like a good idea. I know. But I am not going to blame my metabolism, when it is really my brain that was the trouble.

What I learned from this going forward is:
    Veggies have to be half my plate at almost all meals and snacks.
    Apparently calories and portion sizes do matter all the time, even on vacation and business trips.
    Planning meals and keeping healthy veggies in a cooler works better than decisions made when hungry.
    Sugar has to be a weekly treat.
    Exercise has to happen.
    I need to drink more water and manage the constipation/discomfort from taking the twice daily calcium supplements.

The good news is I am not ignoring the reality.
    The bad news is I am 8 pounds over my window, with family birthdays, celebrations, and my birthday this week.

I am not sure what to do next to get the weight off. I feel that a short round is the best solution, as nothing else seems to work for me. I am far away from my last round, so I could do a shortish round and get back down. Steak days/correction days usually don't work when I am this far out of a round and also it is not inflammation, I am pretty certain it is fat.

Leez, what do you think?

I feel that maintenance is a process and I will get better at it. But not sure. This could be much worse... I am trying to keep my spirits up but wow I do feel dumb....

Thank you for your help in this. Wish I had better news to report!
    RK
    I am not Leez but i believe another short round will help get your structure and appetite under control If you happen to reach your desired early you can continue but up your protein calories to maintain untill you have completed 23 days
    http://www.weight-loss-center.net/weight-loss-tickers.html][/url]
    2011 R1 start 206 R2 6/2011 176 R3 03/2013 156 R4 06/29/2014 162.R5 05/09/2015 154.4 R6 2017 148.2 liw 137.6 R7 Start 149.2 LDW 137.2 R8 151.4. LIW 142.8 141.6R9 3/8/20 160.2 liw 144.2 R10 started but not finished Round 10 repeat 1 7/10/21 163.6 Aug 19 LIW147.0

Chief Moderator (my happy place :) Leez's Avatar
    R/P/M
    M: at goal May 2015 77# lost wHCG injections
    Blog Entries
    Rose has good advice. Shortest round you can do is 23 dose days.

Its easy to abuse calories on the THM plan. Those of us in the menopause years usually can't do heavy S's frequently, and sometimes even have to lighten up the carbs in the E meals to be successful.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview

A full review of my experience with DietDoc and how the round progressed can be found here: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog is here. If you've found my posts helpful, please consider using this DietDoc link on your next HCG order. (your forum discount still applies)

Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

R/P/M
    R7P3 Homeopathic Pellets
    Hello,

I am laughing because when I was talking about a short round I was talking about a 23 day round. I’ve been around long enough to know that anything shorter would be very foolish.

Leez, Thank you for your feedback about the trim healthy mama S and E meals. I think if I just had a baby and was 25 to 35 years younger, maybe that plan would’ve worked better for me. They have some good concepts but I have to combine it with portion control and the basics, very sadly for me. I think it’s very easy to get off track with that plan. At least it was for me.

So I think I’m going to do a 23 day round. I have some social events and some Carby vegetables/summer fruit/ Way too many eggs as I use the egg whites that I will use up first. Maybe I will freeze some things if I can find room in the freezer! So unless a miracle happens on schedule I will plan another round. This time I will keep trying to do more steps and some weight-bearing exercise if I can.

Leez, if you have any other maintenance advice since that seems to be my huge issue, please let me know. That maintenance phase is where I am having trouble. I console myself that it took me a while to figure out even the hCG diet plan so eventually I will figure out maintenance…it’s just SO SO very Extremely disappointing.

Have a wonderful day.

Fondly,
    RK
    [/url]

I feel your pain, rkthin! Its one of those lessons of adulthood...monitoring. I feel like anyone who has completed the HCG diet fully will understand that there will always be some form of monitoring required to maintain our weight loss. I've been making a list of weekly tasks to keep my weight in check when I hit phase 3 and beyond. I think the advice from Rose and Lees of doing a short round is a great idea. One thing I have noticed is even though the HCG diet feels like its endless in the moment, it isn't actually that much time. Good luck on your short round, I'm excited for you