Popular Pages :

Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Plan for P4 - quest for stabilizaton continues

Chief Moderator (my happy place :) Leez's Avatar
    R/P/M
    M: at goal May 2015 77# lost wHCG injections
    Blog Entries

The Plan for P4 - quest for stabilizaton continues

I'm starting a new log as I continue to try to find a way to keep my HCG losses in P4. I will be using the elimination diet THE PLAN, by Lyn-Genet Recitas, to pinpoint any hidden food sensitivities in a more definitive way than I've been able to do so far.

If you have experience with THE PLAN, I would love to have your input during the process. I also welcome any questions or discussion from anyone considering following this eating plan themselves.

If you are not familiar with it, there is an overview here that give you a pretty good idea of what it's all about, although I don't think you could do the program with out the additional info found in the book.
    http://www.chewfo.com/diets/the-plan...oid-food-list/

FMD (Fast Metabolism Diet) has been fairly successful at keeping me stable, but I still am encountering unexplained gains that prevent me from relaxing into any kind of peaceful eating existence. Currently, I have no confidence that I can get through any eating day without gaining--no matter how pure, and that's what I hope to achieve from THE PLAN.

I've read through the book, but still have some questions:

I think I am sensitive to many seeds & nuts. Although tests were not always definitive:
    chia seeds
    pumpkin seeds
    flax seeds (taken only in flaxmeal, though)
    hemp seeds (used the hearts)
    annato seed
    sesame seeds (but tahini may be ok)

almonds (did not test yet this HGC cycle)
    pine nuts (anaphalactic response to pine nuts)

So my question, being that the first 3 of those & almonds are eaten in the 3 day cleanse beginning of THE PLAN, how does one deal with that? I'm inclined to just go with it and see what happens, but if I do react, then how do you proceed when reacting from the day1 menu, since there is no "safe" food list yet?

Also, the recipe for flax granola indicates that you can add nuts, seeds and dried fruits. Can you do that from day1? and if so, which? Or do you need to use only flax the first 3 days?

UPDATE on post content: I did find that I am not sensitive to any of the seeds in the menus and wonder of wonders--not sensitive to almonds either. That alone was worth starting this experiment. Wowie.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview
    Please note that any suggestions I make are based on the Original Protocol.

My recent HCG round was with DietDoc. Our site owner has generously arranged for me to earn a small fee if you use my DietDoc or Nu Image Medical link to order your Hcg and supplies. (All HDI site discounts and coupons apply.) A full review of my experience and how the round progressed: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog here

Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

Super Chief-Ninja Moderator grammy1952's Avatar
    R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    I would go with the plan as written with the seeds. You'll know immediately if you need to make any changes. She says you will average 1/2 pound loss per day if you aren't reacting to a food. So the first day or two will tell you a lot. The flax seed granola is magic. I didn't add almonds or any fruit to the granola right away though. I waited until the almond test on day 2, I think it is. I was fine with the almonds so then added them to the granola on subsequent days.
    My expert Hcg Diet advice is based specifically on the original Simeons Protocol. Grammy's personal protocol:Grammy's Hcg Diet Protocol
    Grammy's author website: ColleenCoble.com

I am not a medical doctor and my statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition. Please always check with your doctor for medical questions and assistance. Medical Disclaimer:

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    OK, I'm going to try it "as is" even though all three seeds you eat on day 1 are suspects for me. The exception would be sunflower seeds, which I think are OK, since I had them everyday on the H-Burn and did lose 2 pounds over that 10 days. I guess I'll ask for strategy suggestions on dealing with a reaction if I have one. Maybe I won't. That would be lovely.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview

My recent HCG round was with DietDoc. Our site owner has generously arranged for me to earn a small fee if you use my DietDoc or Nu Image Medical link to order your Hcg and supplies. (All HDI site discounts and coupons apply.) A full review of my experience and how the round progressed: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog here

Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

R/P/M
    R6 P2 HCG Inj
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leez View Post
    OK, I'm going to try it "as is" even though all three seeds you eat on day 1 are suspects for me. The exception would be sunflower seeds, which I think are OK, since I had them everyday on the H-Burn and did lose 2 pounds over that 10 days. I guess I'll ask for strategy suggestions on dealing with a reaction if I have one. Maybe I won't. That would be lovely.
    Keep us posted on results Leez
    http://www.weight-loss-center.net/weight-loss-tickers.html][/url]
    2011 R1 start 206 R2 6/2011 176 R3 03/2013 156 R4 06/29/2014 162.R5 05/09/2015 154.4 R6 2017 148.2' liw 137.6 R7 Start 149.2 LDW 137.2 R8 151.4. Load weight after two days 152.6 LIW 142.8 start no inj 4/2/19 4/4 Start P3 141.8 4/5 141.6 4/6 142.8 4/16 140.6 Start P4 4/27 141.6 5/10 142.8 D14

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    I've started the testing before the cleanse. So far, I've passed the thyroid test. My morning temps have been over 98 degrees all three days. I did the yeast overgrowth test today. For that, you eat chocolate, beer or wine, and balsamic vinegar all in the same day. I can't even remember when I last had a glass of wine. But have one, I did. It was a nice merlot, but I confess I added some xylitol to to it, cause I'm a sweet wine person. The closer to grape juice tasting--the better for me. (I am imagining all the wine connoisseurs out there are cringing right now....)

I have no idea what the scale will say tomorrow after all of that.

If I find I pass the yeast test tomorrow morning, I think I'll start the day after. I made a gathering trip to the health mart today, and I think I can get the rest of everything else I need for the first few days from the farmer's market Wed morning.

I'm finding that I'm not the only one confused about the flax-granola additions question for the cleanse. There are questions about it posted around here and there. This poster has some of the same questions I have: http://www.chewfo.com/diets/the-plan...61#commentform

It seems like you might be able to include coconut, apples, pear, chia or sunflower seeds since they are in other places in the 3 days of cleanse menus. I haven't been able to find anything definitive on it in the book though. Frankly, the thought of unsweetened (by anything) flax seeds just doesn't sound all that appealing to me, and you are warned away from sweeteners.

I guess from the recipe section entitled "Recipes for days 1-20" you can infer that the flax granola recipe there can include raisins and cranberries from day 1. You are warned only not to include nuts you haven't tested.

I am looking forward to the Coconut silk though. Cereal with milk. Now thats something from way in my past. I really hope I like the granola. I plan to make a double batch tomorrow, and am trying to think positively that I won't react to the flax.

Hey, Leez, thanks for sharing your plan to do the plan. Ha. I will follow this with interest as I did your post when you did FMD and shared your experience. I still have at least one more round of HCG to do before I am at my long term goal but have been working on getting my bio-identical hormones and thyroid in balance before adding the hcg. I continue to follow the successful people on the forum looking for ways to stabilize at my goal weight without having to worry about the scale everyday. My food choices and taste have changed from prepared and sugar loaded food to good wholesome healthy choices and I have been stable at my current zone of LIW but I had regained after so many diets in my past (admittedly I went back to my old eating habits) that I want to learn everything I can to make sure I can and will keep the weight off this time. I know now that I messed up my metabolism with my many years of diets and poor food choices and have hope that the hcg and strict pop eating when I do it will help heal my metabolism but I may need to do other things as you are doing too, in order to reverse some of the damage I have done. So thanks for being a pioneer and sharing your journey.
    R1 Sept. 27, 2014
    Start weight......253.4....Loss 34.6
    R2 Jan. 3, 2015
    Start weight.....210.6....Loss 30.4
    R3 April 25, 2015
    Start weight.......184.8...Loss 27.6
    R4 Nov. 7, 2015
    Start weight........163.8.. Loss 22.2 114.8 LBS DOWN IN 4 ROUNDS

R/P/M
    R?/p2/ injections
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leez View Post
    I've started the testing before the cleanse. So far, I've passed the thyroid test. My morning temps have been over 98 degrees all three days. I did the yeast overgrowth test today. For that, you eat chocolate, beer or wine, and balsamic vinegar all in the same day. I can't even remember when I last had a glass of wine. But have one, I did. It was a nice merlot, but I confess I added some xylitol to to it, cause I'm a sweet wine person. The closer to grape juice tasting--the better for me. (I am imagining all the wine connoisseurs out there are cringing right now....)

I have no idea what the scale will say tomorrow after all of that.

If I find I pass the yeast test tomorrow morning, I think I'll start the day after. I made a gathering trip to the health mart today, and I think I can get the rest of everything else I need for the first few days from the farmer's market Wed morning.

I'm finding that I'm not the only one confused about the flax-granola additions question for the cleanse. There are questions about it posted around here and there. This poster has some of the same questions I have: http://www.chewfo.com/diets/the-plan...61#commentform

It seems like you might be able to include coconut, apples, pear, chia or sunflower seeds since they are in other places in the 3 days of cleanse menus. I haven't been able to find anything definitive on it in the book though. Frankly, the thought of unsweetened (by anything) flax seeds just doesn't sound all that appealing to me, and you are warned away from sweeteners.

I guess from the recipe section entitled "Recipes for days 1-20" you can infer that the flax granola recipe there can include raisins and cranberries from day 1. You are warned only not to include nuts you haven't tested.

I am looking forward to the Coconut silk though. Cereal with milk. Now thats something from way in my past. I really hope I like the granola. I plan to make a double batch tomorrow, and am trying to think positively that I won't react to the flax.
    I look forward to reading about your journey.
    I'm 5'2" and curvy in nature
    Round 1- starting weight 184.6
    LIW-159
    end of P4- 164
    Round 4- starting at 152
    LIW ( only 30 days)- 134.4
    P3- 138.4
    Round 5- starting 143
    LIW- 125.6

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQ0ARXd/]

The road may be long and riddled with many detours but I will persevere.

R/P/M
    You can add a bit of maple syrup or honey to the flax granola, according to the book.
    My expert Hcg Diet advice is based specifically on the original Simeons Protocol. Grammy's personal protocol:Grammy's Hcg Diet Protocol

I am not a medical doctor and my statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition. Please always check with your doctor for medical questions and assistance. Medical Disclaimer:

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    Excellent news. Is it better to add the honey/maple before baking or after? Gosh. I scoured the book looking for that. Rechecking, I found the columbia recipe that has molasses in it. But I still don't see the part about honey or maple syrup.

I'm not sure about the yeast test. My tongue was slightly more whitish than it was last night, but it didn't brush off, so I'm not sure. The difference could be the change from night to day lighting. I had thought it was unlikely I have yeast overgrowth. I only sweeten with xylitol and I've taken probiotics for years. Maybe I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking for. Now I'm ambivalent whether to go ahead or not. Since I already take probiotics (I used the soil-based ones), how would I treat it anyway?

DeepWaters: its a learning process for sure. The way I eat now is nothing like what I did before, and I am determined to push on until I can find a way to eat without fear of gaining. That's what this PLAN thing is about for me. I have to get this right. I never want to be fat again.

Unfortuately after yesterdays testing, I did gain back a pound of the 3 that I lost from steak day.

R/P/M
    After.

I doubt you have yeast. I would go ahead and start The Plan and see how you do for a couple of weeks. If it's not working, you can always abandon ship. LOL

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    Great, that was my thought too.

Do you use the white or the brown basmati rice in the cleanse days? It seems like she is saying use the white?

R/P/M
    i did the white basmati rice.

Page 1 of 44 12311 ... LastLast