Popular Pages :

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Meridith's update thread

R/P/M
    R4 - Clean up....
    Blog Entries

Meridith's update thread

So, this is weird, but I've had a few people ask me for updates, so I figured I'd post an update thread...a little cheesy, but enjoy!

So what a busy spring I've had. Working 3rd shift, being a mom, wife, going to school, training for a half marathon, and trying to do this P3/P4 thing. Hubby and I took a great vacation in April to Paris, Brugges, and Amsterdam. It was awesome! Saw Anderson Cooper on our river dinner cruise and the former CEO of Caterpillar (where I work), ended up giving us a ride home from Chicago.

On vacation, I ate like there was no tomorrow. Croissants, baguettes, cheese, wine, beer. It was awesome. I could feel myself getting fatter, but I didn't care, I was having such a good time. Here are some pics. http://meridithsphotosite.shutterfly.com/ (password is Paris).

When I got back, the eating continued. I had opened a door that I couldn't shut. I did a steak day and a Fage day, but didn't weigh to see if they worked. One week after we got back, I ran my half marathon. Awesome!! I had 2 goals--don't stop and beat my last year time. I did it. Knocked 10 minutes off my time. So proud of myself!!!! And this year I ran by myself so I did it with no support at all!

This day was also the beginning of my R3P2. Yay for loading. I did a good job. I made a conscious decision I was NOT going to weigh myself until I felt like I had lost weight. So glad I didn't. I just couldn't bear to see the damage.

So before my vacation, I got tons of tests run. One week into P2, I got the results. Apparently, my thyroid is fine, but I am estrogen dominant, meaning no progesterone or testosterone. I honestly struggled, but finally decided to go with bio-identical hormone replacement. I mean I'm only 33, I shouldn't be on hormones. My doc says it's years of birth control that did this too me and my third shift schedule just made it worse!

I'm telling a difference already. In addition to the hormones, I'm on an adrenal booster and Cardio B, which is Vitamin B with folic acid added in. I hope I don't have to do this forever, but it is definitely helping reduce the fog I had before and upping my sex drive....a nice side effect. You never realize how different intimacy is when you want to be there, ya know? Sorry for TMI, but my point is I didn't know I had a problem until the problem was gone....

I also learned that I have a major sensitivity to baker's yeast and cow's milk. Which explains my rapid weight gain on bread and my violent body reaction to pizza. Other things that are problems are phenalynine, turkey, broccoli, bananas, oranges, barley. I always thought it was gluten. Mourning the loss of pizza forever....

So I'm on P2 happy as a clam. Doing injections. Got my dose right and have had very little hunger. I could go like this for a few more weeks if I needed to. But.....next week I have to be on day shift in a training for my new job. 9 hours a day, 5 days a week in a training room full of snacks. I've decided to take my last injection today for a planned interruption next week. That way, I can bring my P3 snacks and not feel deprived. Next Saturday, it's back to P2 for as long as I can bear to go and as long as my injections stay potent. 12 pounds to goal. 6 pounds to LDW from R2. I can do this.

OK, well that's it for now. Feel free to add your own info!
    ~Meridith~

1/1/10 - 197 pounds
    Lowest 146.2
    R4 - Start 9/10/11

OK, OK, I made an update thread--http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums...-thread-29977/

Super Member!
    R/P/M
    R7/P2/INJ VLCD 10/25/12
    Smart move doing an interruption during training. It will make things a lot easier for you, and you will lose anything you gain as soon as you get back on program.

AFM, I'm having a really weird P3. This is only day 2 but I am starving to death. I really think that last 3 days or so of P2 my HCG had lost potency. I hope it works out.

It will be great for you when you start your new job! You'll have to let us know how you like it after training class.

R/P/M
    R4 - Clean up....
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    Smart move doing an interruption during training. It will make things a lot easier for you, and you will lose anything you gain as soon as you get back on program.

AFM, I'm having a really weird P3. This is only day 2 but I am starving to death. I really think that last 3 days or so of P2 my HCG had lost potency. I hope it works out.

It will be great for you when you start your new job! You'll have to let us know how you like it after training class.
    That was me last round. Starving!!! Eat plenty of fats. Have you watched fathead?
    ~Meridith~

1/1/10 - 197 pounds
    Lowest 146.2
    R4 - Start 9/10/11

OK, OK, I made an update thread--http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums...-thread-29977/

Shopping my closet again! susanbaz's Avatar
    R/P/M
    R1, P3, Injections
    Blog Entries
    Your photos are beautiful! Thanks for the link...you and DH look like you were having a terrific time.

Major congrats on the marathon! 10 minutes off last year...what a feat!
    Preload: 123
    Injections
    Original Protocol
    P2 Loss 16 Pounds

Super Member!
    R/P/M
    R7/P2/INJ VLCD 10/25/12
    It's going to be interesting to see how you do now that you have your hormone problem resolved

R/P/M
    R4 - Clean up....
    Blog Entries
    First day no shot. Lost 1.8 pounds. I lose 2 pounds, gain 1 pound, lose 2, gain 1. Weird. Feeling much better, beating my pre-vacation weight by 2 pounds. 5 pounds to my lightest HCG weight (I saw it for one day!). Looking forward to this next week with some P3 yummies. Can you say bacon?? But also looking forward to coming back to P2 and losing....
    ~Meridith~

1/1/10 - 197 pounds
    Lowest 146.2
    R4 - Start 9/10/11

R/P/M
    R4 - Clean up....
    Blog Entries
    Casey, you still in onederland? Or close at least?? I'm hoping you're good!!!!

Susan, how are you? Still maintaining?
    ~Meridith~

1/1/10 - 197 pounds
    Lowest 146.2
    R4 - Start 9/10/11

Still doing double takes Niccole's Avatar
    R/P/M
    R2/P3/HHCG
    Meridith - did u have that hormone testing before u started the hcg this round? My doc wants to test me too - I know I need some bio-identical "help" I just wonder how long I should wait to do the test because of this diet - doc didn't seem concerned about it - but something is telling me to wait.

R2 (4/30/11) - 34 days 172.8 - 150.8 lbs = 22.0 lbs LDW
    R1 (2/14/11) - 32 days 201.6 - 172.4 lbs = 29.2 lbs LDW

Lost 50 lbs prior to HCG running and cross training - now down 100lbs total!

Shopping my closet again! susanbaz's Avatar
    R/P/M
    R1, P3, Injections
    Blog Entries
    I'm up about 3-4 pounds from LIW, steak day tomorrow. (Those few pounds actually make some of my work wardrobe tight or the difference between flattering or not flattering in the case of a couple of dresses.)

Dentist today to get a cavity filled, so hopefully that will the ability to eat for a few hours!

Thanks for this update thread....LOVE the pics of your trip! How long were you away?

Are you excited to go back to day shift?
    Quote Originally Posted by merimatt View Post
    Casey, you still in onederland? Or close at least?? I'm hoping you're good!!!!

Susan, how are you? Still maintaining?
    Preload: 123
    Injections
    Original Protocol
    P2 Loss 16 Pounds

R/P/M
    R4 - Clean up....
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Niccole View Post
    Meridith - did u have that hormone testing before u started the hcg this round? My doc wants to test me too - I know I need some bio-identical "help" I just wonder how long I should wait to do the test because of this diet - doc didn't seem concerned about it - but something is telling me to wait.
    Yes, I got my blood drawn about a week before I started this round. I got the results when I got back. I went to a hormone clinic to get the blood drawn. I also had the results faxed to my OB-GYN whom I totally trust. I was nervous about starting hormones because I'm only 33. My OB said go for it for a month. If it doesn't help, then come see her. So far, I'm noticing subtle improvements....mostly with my brain fog being gone. It was getting really bad....

Quote Originally Posted by susanbaz View Post
    I'm up about 3-4 pounds from LIW, steak day tomorrow. (Those few pounds actually make some of my work wardrobe tight or the difference between flattering or not flattering in the case of a couple of dresses.)

Dentist today to get a cavity filled, so hopefully that will the ability to eat for a few hours!

Thanks for this update thread....LOVE the pics of your trip! How long were you away?

Are you excited to go back to day shift?
    We were gone for a total of 8 days. We were in Paris Friday through Monday, Brugges Monday thru Wednesday, and Amsterdam Wednesday thru Friday. We had so much fun, I'd love to go back. I will probably live in Europe for work at some point. Can't wait.

I'm very excited to go back to days, however, next week is just for one week. After that, it's three weeks on nights, one week on days, one week on nights, then back to days for good. My body is going to hate me, but at least there is an end at sight. I'm a little bummed. My former boss offered me another job, but she didn't know I had already committed to the project manager job I'm taking . It would have been a promotion with lots of great responsibility. Oh well, there will be more opportunities, I'm sure!

Well, off to Lowe's. I have lots of plants in so far, but many more to go!!!
    ~Meridith~

1/1/10 - 197 pounds
    Lowest 146.2
    R4 - Start 9/10/11

Still doing double takes Niccole's Avatar
    R/P/M
    R2/P3/HHCG
    I hear ya - I am 34 - Brian fog central!!! I wonder how long I should wait to test after I am done with P2 - if at all - do you have any thoughts?

R2 (4/30/11) - 34 days 172.8 - 150.8 lbs = 22.0 lbs LDW
    R1 (2/14/11) - 32 days 201.6 - 172.4 lbs = 29.2 lbs LDW

Lost 50 lbs prior to HCG running and cross training - now down 100lbs total!

R/P/M
    R4 - Clean up....
    Blog Entries
    I would wait until the HCG is out of your system. Make sure they test for cortisol, T3/T4, and all the hormones. I had low growth hormone too.

Down .2 today, my last VLCD before my interruption. I still have mixed feelings about stopping when I'm on a roll. I am also nervous about losing enough when I come back off interruption. I'll have enough shots for a few weeks, so if I stick to around 157, I'll have 3 weeks to lose 12 pounds....I also have some HCG pellets leftover in the fridge, so maybe if my HCG loses its potency, I could switch the them. I have lots of options, so that's good.

Have a great Sunday. I have 8 hours of online training, 20 plants to get in the ground, a retirement party....yikes!!!....
    ~Meridith~

1/1/10 - 197 pounds
    Lowest 146.2
    R4 - Start 9/10/11

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast