Popular Pages :

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So tired of explaining!

R/P/M
    Round 2 Phase 2 -Drops for this round

So tired of explaining!

I get offers to eat at restaurants at least 3 times a week. Some of the people are really insistent and somewhat offended that I am avoiding going out.
    I think that it is best that I not discuss this protocol with anyone, but they will not stop pestering me with offers to go out drinking and feasting.
    Do you get tired of having to explain that your are on a very restrictive diet?
    Do you get tired of hearing about how this or that diet that a relative of a coworker is on?
    Do you get tired of saying, "I can't eat that." and "No, I can't eat that either."
    Do you get tired of answering the inevitable, "why not?"
    Do you get tired of hearing, "That's crazy!" and, "That can't be safe!", "What do you mean a subway sub with cold cuts, cheese and Mayo isn't healthy?" ("Oh I couldn't possibly do that" is another one that I am fond of)
    Do you get tired of that look that the waitress gives you when you order a grilled chicken breast and a bowl of plain lettuce and then having to explain to her that you really don't want ANYTHING on it?
    like I said, I try not to talk about it AT ALL but I am having an issue with some people being really pushy.

How about this?
    I had a relative come up to me and complain that my advice about adding vegetables to his diet wasn't taking any weight off. He was eating broccoli and cheese and cauliflower with cheese every night as well as a ton of whole grain bread and he wasn't seeing any losses.

I have a friend that is really overweight. She is eating Happy Meals because they are low calorie and cannot figure out why she is not losing.

RANT OVER

R/P/M
    R1/P2/inj
    I've been working at the same company for 5 1/2 years and have lost 30 pounds very slowly over most of that time. I was the only one dieting out of about 12 people. We always do cake and ice cream for everyone's birthday. Depending on whether I'm "in the zone" of my diet, I may or may not eat some. I am always amazed at the amount of peer pressure I receive. The first year or so everyone looked at me like I was nuts if I said no, I'm dieting. Surely you can have a small piece, they would say. Come on, live a little. Now, after five years of me always eating healthy and always saying no, no one bothers me anymore. In fact, there are several people on a healthy eating path now. By me saying no, I have set a good example for the rest. I have also learned that I can never be forced to eat anything by anyone except me! Would you do a "line" of an illegal drug because someone tried to make you? Would you drink and drive because someone pressured you to? Would you smoke a cigarette if someone wanted you to? YOU are in charge of you. It takes practice. But your inner child can be taught to be a leader. In the end you are all that matters.

Take care.
    R1/P2/Inj Started 2/22/2014. 156 - 136.8

R2/P2/Inj Started 8/28/2014. 140 - 129.4

LIW: 03/31/2014 136.8

LIW: 10/04/2014 129.4

Senior Member Lola Smythe Pinkerton's Avatar
    R/P/M
    R5 Ph2 HHCG
    Great advice lasttomeloser! Especially the inner child thing. Yes Chuck I get tired of feeling like I'm ruining someone else's experience if I don't participate in the eating. My thing is not just the hcg protocol, but I now eat a sugar free/grain free diet so I'm always the odd one. I never cave in, I just know that my refusal to make food a social event bothers some people. I have quite a few though who have made great changes in their own diets because of my resolve. Last night I went to a birthday dinner and didn't eat at all, but they were my friends and know me. Friday I have to go to a potluck dinner so I'm sure some will be asking why I'm not trying all the goodies. Right now I'm doing a round of hcg, so I'll eat before I go. Normally I would bring something I can eat, but even then there are still people who freak out because I don't eat grains! It ok though I'm happy with my diet and feel better and look much younger than I used too. Keep focused on what is good for you and don't worry about others opinions. They just probably feel convicted because they know they eat bad stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

R/P/M
    R1/P2/inj
    Lola, what part of Texas are you from? I'm from a little town northeast of Houston.
    R1/P2/Inj Started 2/22/2014. 156 - 136.8

R2/P2/Inj Started 8/28/2014. 140 - 129.4

LIW: 03/31/2014 136.8

LIW: 10/04/2014 129.4

R/P/M
    Seriously?

R/P/M
    R5/ injections Last round finally!
    Seriously. 2 words. "Elimination diet". Works every time. No more explanation needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginger1 View Post
    Seriously. 2 words. "Elimination diet". Works every time. No more explanation needed.
    LOLOLOLOL.

I just say I'm doing a "detox" for 30 days. It generally stops further questions.
    Cindy

"The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -- Scott Hamilton

R/P/M
    "Oh, you can't have Gluten? What about whole wheat?"

This one guy in particular just does not get it. He keeps asking all manner of questions. And every answer generates another question. I am going to have to hurt his feelings if he does not stop.

"I'm on a REALLY strict diet and the list of what I can have is really limited. I need to avoid restaurant food." One would think that that would stop it, but this one cat in particular will not drop it.

"I'm sorry, but I'm just not going to discuss it any more. It's my body and my health. But I appreciate your concerns/thoughts."

I WAH now but I do get tired of coming up with excuses to pass on work lunches, particularly when it's one of my few interactions with my teammates. I've been known to show up for 30 mins for a diet soda then say I have an appt and leave when the food arrives. Or I order shrimp cocktail without drawing attention to myself and just act like it's a perfectly normal lunch when it arrives.

I tell no one save one close friend that I'm doing hCG. NO interest in explaining it to people and have them question the safety.

Also, the more specifics you give the more questions it will generate. I leave it at a detox and deflect further questions, although I usually don't get anything further.
    Cindy

"The only disability in life is a bad attitude. -- Scott Hamilton

Super Chief-Ninja Moderator grammy1952's Avatar
    R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    I never get tired of explaining it. LOL I've been known to actually bring up the subject when I see someone who needs it. I'm an evangelist for hcg. It's all in your attitude too. No one questions the safety around me or I just raise a brow and say do you honestly think I would be doing it if it weren't safe? That always shuts them up because everyone who knows me knows what a health nut I am and how I read everything out there about natural health.
    My expert Hcg Diet advice is based specifically on the original Simeons Protocol. Grammy's personal protocol:Grammy's Hcg Diet Protocol
    Grammy's author website: ColleenCoble.com

I am not a medical doctor and my statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition. Please always check with your doctor for medical questions and assistance. Medical Disclaimer:

R/P/M
    I usually say, "You do realize that everything that you know about weight loss and nutrition comes from advertising, don't you?" That usually slows them down a bit.

I was just looking for others to share my rant in the OP.

Thanks for the input.

I say the detox thing, or I am not eating wheat, dairy and sugar....and avoid going out pretty much at all during P2...too much temptation. The one time i did with a friend, and had chicken breast and ceasar salad - hold the dressing, cheese, croutons...she said...do you always eat your lettuce plain? :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast