Popular Pages :

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: HHCG weight loss journal

P3 Day 18

Weight 168.6

I didn't end up plugging in the food, MissM!

I have a few busy days ahead with lots of Red Cross blood drives and Covid testing volunteering before I go on call again. Will check in on everyone when I can!

It is kind of funny it seems to be mostly us three right now. The last time I was doing a round, it was so busy! I am thinking January will be busier too!

I am almost done with my pumpkin pie! Already planning my new treat Probably cheesecake!
    Goal 150
    Start 188.8
    10/4/20 P2 Loss 20.8 pounds
    11/15/20 P3 LDW 168
    12/6/20 P4 Adjusted LDW to 169

Second round 1/3/21

R/P/M
    P2
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsstrong View Post
    P3 Day 18

Weight 168.6

I didn't end up plugging in the food, MissM!

I have a few busy days ahead with lots of Red Cross blood drives and Covid testing volunteering before I go on call again. Will check in on everyone when I can!

It is kind of funny it seems to be mostly us three right now. The last time I was doing a round, it was so busy! I am thinking January will be busier too!

I am almost done with my pumpkin pie! Already planning my new treat Probably cheesecake!
    I imagine not a lot of folks are up for doing HCG during the holidays! I'll bet you're right about an uptick in January, though. . . .

Can't wait to hear how the cheesecake goes for you. I, too, am thinking about my next treat. I'm thinking this: https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/brownie-batter-bars/

Quote Originally Posted by DivineMissM View Post
    I imagine not a lot of folks are up for doing HCG during the holidays! I'll bet you're right about an uptick in January, though. . . .

Can't wait to hear how the cheesecake goes for you. I, too, am thinking about my next treat. I'm thinking this: https://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/brownie-batter-bars/
    Those brownies look great!

So I haven't even touched my dark chocolate yet! Not my keto ice cream. Crazy! I did finish the pumpkin pie today though! Two pieces
    Goal 150
    Start 188.8
    11/15/20 P3 LDW 168

Second round 1/3/21

R/P/M
    P2
    Those brownies look great!

So I haven't even touched my dark chocolate yet! Not my keto ice cream. Crazy! I did finish the pumpkin pie today though! Two pieces
    LOVE it! That you're enjoying that pie so thoroughly AND that your sugar dragon is still in check. MAJOR victory, friend!!

LOVE it! That you're enjoying that pie so thoroughly AND that your sugar dragon is still in check. MAJOR victory, friend!!
    Well, we'll see in P4! Sugar alcohols are processed differently than glucose. Those sweeteners do not raise your blood sugar. Things that do raise it a significant amount make the carb the monster come. We'll see how things are when I eat things like sweet potato!
    Goal 150
    Start 188.8
    11/15/20 P3 LDW 168

Second round 1/3/21

P3 Day 19

Weight 169.6

Up a pound and not sure why. Didn't eat anything new. Today is a log day Leave it up to me to have a steak day one day without there being a clear cause for needing it...

I have some full days ahead volunteering for the Red Cross since I am off call for births till next week.
    Goal 150
    Start 188.8
    11/15/20 P3 LDW 168

Second round 1/3/21

R/P/M
    P2
    Well, we'll see in P4! Sugar alcohols are processed differently than glucose. Those sweeteners do not raise your blood sugar. Things that do raise it a significant amount make the carb the monster come. We'll see how things are when I eat things like sweet potato!
    I've read that any sweet tastes elevate insulin response--and the taste itself is what hooks me. I can't imagine a sweet potato doing more damage than pie!! But it's all an experiment. . . .

I've read that any sweet tastes elevate insulin response--and the taste itself is what hooks me. I can't imagine a sweet potato doing more damage than pie!! But it's all an experiment. . . .
    Not saying there is no insulin response. There is! There always is when we eat. And in fact, I have had a couple of bad experiences with drinking soda with stevia when my blood sugar was probably already low and the drink resulted in insulin release to find no sugar. I felt like dying. But because I always eat those sweeteners with carbs and fat in baked goods, there is always something to digest and it makes enough of a difference for me perhaps. I can't deny the effect: I do not crave when having these sweeteners. I do when eating regular carbs.
    Goal 150
    Start 188.8
    11/15/20 P3 LDW 168

Second round 1/3/21

Blog Entries
    Just a quick note here ...
    When I was on Medication for Type 2 Diabetes years back.... It was normally not the Artificially sweetened foods that spiked my sugar, it was the natural sugars so I always avoided Hi GI/GL Fruits
    I also wherever I can use cinnamon in my morning yogurt to help stabilize blood sugar....
    But the one culprit that makes me spike for some stupid reason in Caffeinne.....
    I guess because I am not a big coffee drinker and don't drink colas or anything with added Caffeine... that, when I DO drink/add it, It gives me a spike and that sometimes gives me a tinge of gimme gimme....
    Since cutting out morning coffee (in fact I have had one cup of coffee a week the past 2 weeks )
    Probably just my silly quirk

Better get back to the salt mines....
    Catch up soon
    ~AKA Yvonne SA~
    Greetings from Sunny South Africa!
    Round 2 - Start weight 82/180.4 After Loading 83.6/183.92
    Sept '20 - First round since 2015!
    Wk 1= -4.2/9.24 |wk 2= -1.3/2.86 |Wk 3= -1.4/3.08 |Wk 4= -1.3/2.86 |Wk 5= -1/2.2 |Week 6= -.8/.44 |Total loss 10kg/ 22lbs- LIW 178.4
    P3 end week 1 - Up 2.43 (Steak day16 Nov) | week 2 - on LIW | week 3 - up .66 | week 4 on LIW - 9 weeks after LIW 180.4

R/P/M
    P2
    I just love being in the company of folks who are so wise and knowledgable about their own bodies! Each of us has our own quirks and responses and I'm glad we realize that. All of what both of you are saying makes so much sense to me.

I'm still learning to find my own sweet spot (pun intended) to live with less rigidity but also keep the sugar dragon at bay. Eating with less frequency (two meals plus a loaded bulletproof coffee) and sincerely keeping paleo dessert concoctions as once-in-a-while treats seem to be the way forward for me.

But I also haven't really done much exploration into reintroducing yummy, healthy, real food carb bombs like sweet fruits and sweet potatoes among other starchy root veggies. It will be interesting to see how that goes, but I don't know when it will be. Certainly after I get through my current stand off with the scale.

Quote Originally Posted by FlirtyFlo View Post
    Just a quick note here ...
    When I was on Medication for Type 2 Diabetes years back.... It was normally not the Artificially sweetened foods that spiked my sugar, it was the natural sugars so I always avoided Hi GI/GL Fruits
    I also wherever I can use cinnamon in my morning yogurt to help stabilize blood sugar....
    But the one culprit that makes me spike for some stupid reason in Caffeinne.....
    I guess because I am not a big coffee drinker and don't drink colas or anything with added Caffeine... that, when I DO drink/add it, It gives me a spike and that sometimes gives me a tinge of gimme gimme....
    Since cutting out morning coffee (in fact I have had one cup of coffee a week the past 2 weeks )
    Probably just my silly quirk

Better get back to the salt mines....
    Catch up soon
    I think caffeine boosts adrenaline which brings glucose into the bloodstream so you can run!
    Goal 150
    Start 188.8
    11/15/20 P3 LDW 168

Second round 1/3/21

P3 Day 20

Weight 168.8

Whatever that pound was probably had nothing to do with eating but something else my body was doing. Glad it is back down though. I think my average weight is 168.8 so I may raise my LDW to that to not freak out each time I get to 169.8! It is s a bit nerve-racking. Will double check tomorrow.

Tomorrow is my last official day of P3! I don't have plans, haha. Just a P3 cheesecake for the weekend. But it does mean I can grab a local lettuce-wrapped burger on the go again, which may have hidden sugars, and not worry about it. So there is a little more freedom. And I may have a little wine on the weekend or when the neighbors get together.
    Goal 150
    Start 188.8
    11/15/20 P3 LDW 168

Second round 1/3/21

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast