Popular Pages :

Page 1346 of 1801 FirstFirst ... 34684612461296133613441345134613471348135613961446 ... LastLast
Results 16,141 to 16,152 of 21607

Thread: Ask Grammy

R/P/M
    HHCG (All 3 Rounds)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grammy1952 View Post
    I don't really like the leptin reset much anymore. I see too many women gain on it from that thyroid issue.
    Hello Grammy .

First I wanted to let you know that you were right (you're always right). I am stabilizing really well after my epic 2+ week stall during my P2. I haven't had to do any steak day in almost 2 weeks

Now for the Leptin Reset: I have been reading up on all the threads because I was actually planning to start the program as of tomorrow morning. I remember you raving about it a while ago so I thought it would be good idea to "reset" my whole body since I totally half assed my stabilizing in my previous rounds. This time I really want to get rid of all the damage I may have caused to my body in the past... Even though my bloodwork always comes back "normal" on my thyroid levels, I still have at least 80% of the typical symptoms (hair loss, insomnia, weird skin/ scalp inflammation, etc)... So is there a better alternative to Leptin reset that would give me similar benefits without making me gain back weight? I still have 5-10lbs I'd like to shave as soon as P3 is done.

Thank you
    R1/P2 (10/29/11) - Weight = 215lbs
    R1/P4 (01/03/12) - End of R1 = 195lbs
    * - 20lbs

R2/P2 (04/07/12) - Weight = 200.1 lbs
    R2/P4 (07/03/12) - End of P3 = 165 lbs
    * - 35lbs

R3/P2 (04/14/14) - Weight = 168lbs
    R3/P4 (07/14/14) - End of P3 = 150
    *-18lbs.. Dodgy round

R4/P2 (01/12/15) - Weight = 172.2lbs
    R4/P4 (04/12/15) - End of P3 = 142lbs *-30lbs.. But Difficult and derailed round

R5/P2 (01/18/16) - Weight = 195lbs
    R5/P4 (03/31/16) - End of P3 = _ _ _

Some help grammy,
    Im so mad and so ready to quit. I had a very busy weekend and a crazy day yesterday. Even thought it was crazy and busy I keep the protocol to the T and I brought with me my meals, the only think that I had at a restaurant was lettuce other than that I made it my self. All that effort and one day I didnt loss any weight and an other day I gain weight. (see below)
    Im not eating the melba toast
    The fruits that i eat are apples and about 6 strawberries per serving
    The proteins that im eating are chicken and tilapia
    Vegetables are cucumber and asparagus most of the time, once in a while I have lettuce, spinach or tomato. I dont mix vegetables
    I didnt exercise friday-monday thinking that my body need it a break and that exercise was making me retain water. I did walk regular pace. Today i went back to the gym

What I can be doing wrong ??

Someone told me I may need to detox, anyone had detox during HCG ? what do you use? I know some of you due the detox bath , I would like to do it but I dont have a bathtub.

Also 5 days ago I lower from 40 to 35 HCG (stringer )

Any suggestion would be very appreciated .
    Thank you
    My Info:

Phase3 07/11/14 LIW = 136.8[/B]
    Phase4 08/04/14 136.4

Hi grammy! So I ordered my hcg (Ovidac 5000 iu/ml freeze dried powder injections) . Now I need to order supplies. Ive never done the injections before, and I remember reading a thread about needle size but can't seem to find it now. Can you refresh my memory?

R/P/M
    R6P2 Homeopathic Pellets
    Hi Andro,

I know a few pages back Grammy said she would be very busy this week, so I would like to share some info Grammy gave me a while back. I am by no means an expert, but perhaps this will help. Grammy has replied to me that if I felt my issue was carb sensitivity in P 3 to try the Fast Metabolism Diet aka FMD... I believe it is a book and a website by Haylie Pomeroy.

Having said that, I sincerely believe that is not your issue. I think you have a thyroid issue and you need to get a copy of the actual test results and perhaps see another doctor. That was my issue in a previous round. I also do homeopathic HCG. HCG supports the thyroid, and I always need to adjust my thyroid dose DOWN 2-3 weeks after starting HCG AND 3-6 month after I finish a round of hHCG my Armour Thyroid dose must increase. A great website that Grammy told me about is StopTheThyroidMadness.com. Ever since I have been on Armour thyroid, goals are obtainable for me.

I hope this helps and you will forgive me if I am "butting in" but it seemed you wanted an immediate answer, which for once I believe I have. Hang in there and best of luck.
    RK

Hi Grammy my dear - I too have made a jump to a total of 4 lbs above LDW in Late P3. We went on a trip and I didn't eat badly pretty clean, but had no scale to check every morning of the week we were gone. Came back and because of travel and swelling was up 7, allowed myself to settle and rest a couple of days before freaking out. Came back down to 3 above, did a high protein day attack, came down 2lbs. Then went back up within a day or so to the 3 above LDW now 4lb above LDW. YIKES! I have been doing a quasi steak/protein days for 3 days now drinking water all day, eating a good amount of protein ( chicken, or pork, or beef or eggs ) with an apple at 6:00pm followed by more water...but still creeped up there and no big drop.
    Your advice hoped for.
    Is there any good way to drop a few pounds in late P3 without starting another round? I'm hating this.
    Smiles,
    Pam

R/P/M
    HHCG (All 3 Rounds)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rkthin View Post
    Hi Andro,

I know a few pages back Grammy said she would be very busy this week, so I would like to share some info Grammy gave me a while back. I am by no means an expert, but perhaps this will help. Grammy has replied to me that if I felt my issue was carb sensitivity in P 3 to try the Fast Metabolism Diet aka FMD... I believe it is a book and a website by Haylie Pomeroy.

Having said that, I sincerely believe that is not your issue. I think you have a thyroid issue and you need to get a copy of the actual test results and perhaps see another doctor. That was my issue in a previous round. I also do homeopathic HCG. HCG supports the thyroid, and I always need to adjust my thyroid dose DOWN 2-3 weeks after starting HCG AND 3-6 month after I finish a round of hHCG my Armour Thyroid dose must increase. A great website that Grammy told me about is StopTheThyroidMadness.com. Ever since I have been on Armour thyroid, goals are obtainable for me.

I hope this helps and you will forgive me if I am "butting in" but it seemed you wanted an immediate answer, which for once I believe I have. Hang in there and best of luck.
    RK
    OMG RK thank you very much indeed for your reply. You are not butting in at all. Lol!
    I have been suspecting I have a thyroid issue for a very very long time... I am going to have to look at that website especially because I have taken several blood tests from at least 3 doctors and they always say my thyroid is normal... They even did an ultra sound last year.

Thank you again. I am going to go ahead and do the Leptin Reset in the meantime whilst I look through that website you mentioned.... I also have serious sugar cravings especially around TOM... I don't usually crave other carbs... Lots to think about :s
    * - 20lbs

* - 35lbs

*-18lbs.. Dodgy round

R4/P4 (04/12/15) - End of P3 = 142lbs *-30lbs.. But Difficult and derailed round

R/P/M
    R6P2 Homeopathic Pellets
    Hi Andro,

I would NOT do the Leptin reset. Especially because we thyroid people need some carbs and fruit. If you go back a page on ask Grammy here, Grammy answers someone about the Leptin reset and says ,

"I don't really like the leptin reset much anymore. I see too many women gain on it from that thyroid issue."

Look at the StopTheThyroidMadness.com, get to know the tests you need, and the range, reverse T3, free T 3, etc. not just TSH. I think the Leptin Reset will mess your thyroid up more.

Also, think about if you can scroll back through the previous few days of "ask Grammy" . Sometimes I really learn a lot from her answers to other people...also, if you do a search, consider if the info is current. I have noticed recommendations have changed from 2 years ago when I first started. Just some ideas. Take care.
    RK

R/P/M
    HHCG (All 3 Rounds)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rkthin View Post
    Hi Andro,

I would NOT do the Leptin reset. Especially because we thyroid people need some carbs and fruit. If you go back a page on ask Grammy here, Grammy answers someone about the Leptin reset and says ,

"I don't really like the leptin reset much anymore. I see too many women gain on it from that thyroid issue."

Look at the StopTheThyroidMadness.com, get to know the tests you need, and the range, reverse T3, free T 3, etc. not just TSH. I think the Leptin Reset will mess your thyroid up more.

Also, think about if you can scroll back through the previous few days of "ask Grammy" . Sometimes I really learn a lot from her answers to other people...also, if you do a search, consider if the info is current. I have noticed recommendations have changed from 2 years ago when I first started. Just some ideas. Take care.
    RK
    This makes sense. I am still in P3 and haven't added much as far as carbs... From the sounds of it, FMD may be a better option for me once I have cleared most of the allowed foods, non? I had liked the LR because of the length between meals and also regulating sleep but I'm sure I can do the same with FMD. Just need to read up more on it.

Thank you so much for your help
    * - 20lbs

* - 35lbs

*-18lbs.. Dodgy round

R/P/M
    R5/PH 2 Inj
    I am on a medication that gives me dry mouth. Can I use an oral rinse that helps with that? The label says it has the same kind of things as listerine, as in sorbital and glycerol.

R/P/M
    R3/P4/Injections
    Hello Grammy!

Thank you for your help last time. I just saw my doctor today about getting blood work done with the estrogen hormones and progesterone too. As well as the T3 and T4 of thyroid. Also including cortisol levels as well. So thank you again. I have a question that I posted elsewhere, but not much replies and I would love to hear from a veteran on it. As you know I stopped my birth control pills on May 18th and so far no TOM yet. I understand it will take time to normalize the cycle. But I want to start another round of HCG in beginning of July. I could have sworn I read something to the effect that one should not start P1 till after their TOM is done and I am not sure if at all if I am getting my TOM. So is it okay to just start another round? Will the HCG actually help me get my TOM or normalize my cycle better? And one more question: Is it true that with injections of HCG that I do have to stop them if I do start to menstruate?

Thank you for all your help with this!
    "This journey in not easy at all but we can do it!"

Super Chief-Ninja Moderator grammy1952's Avatar
    R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    I'm back from my publisher's sales conference. Fun times! Thanks for helping out, rkthin!

Andro, I don't really recommend the leptin reset. It seems to eventually make most women gain. I think it goes too low in carbs maybe. You might check out the 28 Day Fast Metabolism Diet or Trim Healthy Mama. Trim Healthy Mama allows dairy and has some awesome recipes.

Alexa, you won't lose every day. I'm not sure what you're complaining about really. How much have you lost in how long? Stalls are normal but you're not even in a stall yet. A stall is 4 days at the same weight. You're still on a high dose of hcg.

Mustluv, I use 29 gauge needles myself. Anything from 29 to 31 is fine though. I tend not to like the 31 gauge because they can bend on me so I usually buy 29 gauge.

Pam, a steak day is always the protocol I recommend.

Cind, you can try the mouthwash and see if it stalls you. Rinse your mouth really well.

Dew, that's right, you should start hcg after ending your period. It's not a big deal if you don't wait but it tends to mess up your periods more if you don't. It is not going to help regulate you though. And are you waiting long enough between rounds? This would be round 5 for you and that means a wait of 20 weeks.
    My expert Hcg Diet advice is based specifically on the original Simeons Protocol. Grammy's personal protocol:Grammy's Hcg Diet Protocol
    Grammy's author website: ColleenCoble.com

I am not a medical doctor and my statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition. Please always check with your doctor for medical questions and assistance. Medical Disclaimer:

R/P/M
    R3/P4/Injections
    Quote Originally Posted by grammy1952 View Post

Dew, that's right, you should start hcg after ending your period. It's not a big deal if you don't wait but it tends to mess up your periods more if you don't. It is not going to help regulate you though. And are you waiting long enough between rounds? This would be round 5 for you and that means a wait of 20 weeks.
    Thank you! Actually this will be my 3rd Round. I started Round 2/P4 on April 20th. Is this enough time between ending Round 2 to beginning of Round 3? Also, if I did happen to start menstruating then out of no where during P2, should I stop with taking the HCG injections? I think I should to be safe, I guess cause I really don't want to mess up my periods especially since we are going to try to conceive in October and as it is, my cycle is not normal. Maybe I shouldn't do another round??

Thank you, I appreciate your input.
    "This journey in not easy at all but we can do it!"