Popular Pages :

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P2 POP Recipes

R/P/M
    R5/P2/SubQ
    Blog Entries

Red face P2 POP Recipes

Post any perfectly on protocol recipes here for all of us sticking to the PLAN.
    Thanks to Leez for the idea!
    Weight Loss Center - Your Online Weight Loss Support Group

Chief Moderator (my happy place :) Leez's Avatar
    R/P/M
    M: at goal May 2015 77# lost wHCG injections
    Blog Entries
    I think that if we all just post the stuff we've personally tried and really like, instead of just gathering recipes from here and there, this could turn into a really great topic.

I guess I'll start this off with the recipes I posted in the topic, since no one has pointed out anything non-POP about them.

P2 SHERBET
    My fave P2 treat: "sherbet" made from one of your fruits for the day (cut up and frozen), 1 T. whole milk, stevia, 4-5 drops of Vanilla Custard Capella drops. (you could also use Vanilla Creme stevia). If you make it with your orange, it tastes amazingly like an orange creamsicle. I whirr it up with an immersion blender and eat it with a long spoon right out of the straight-sided blender container. Easy! (You could try chocolate stevia too, but I prefer the vanilla.)
    VARIATION: Use your lemon! (and some ginger) Then you can still have your two other fruits for the day.

CRISPY DRIED APPLE CHIPS: (Costco has them in a big bag: http://www.baresnacks.com/products/s...on-apple-chips ) Ingredients: apples, cinnamon. I don't know what they do to get these crunchy, but they are amazing. Must be freeze dried or something, because when I try dehydrating, I just get leathery.

SPINACH CHIPS
    : You can do these lots of ways, but if you need something fast, spread them out in a single layer on a paper plate, salt very lightly, and then microwave at 30 second intervals till crisp. First time or two, move them around a bit so they don't stick to the plate as they dry. (This is a kale technique that just happens to work with spinach.) Sometimes, I don't salt them, but just dip in a little stevia-sweetened mustard once crispy.

SWEET N' SOUR CABBAGE
    Season (salt & pepper--or use the Cajun spice blend below) & saute shredded cabbage and chopped apple (optional) in water until tender. Add apple cider vinegar and stevia to taste. I like to use red cabbage. Its so pretty!

MEAL SALAD: Chop up grilled chicken, apple, cucumber. Add fresh chopped cilantro and dress with red wine vinegar, cracked black pepper, and touch of stevia. Good crunch factor!

FOREMAN GRILL TECHNIQUE
    When you are having onion as your vegetable: Season a thick slice of sweet onion to grill next to your protein on your Foreman grill. Cut two more paper-thin slices of onion and put them under and on-top of your seasoned protein. The thin onions will blacken and caramelize while cooking and give a great flavor. It also keeps your meat from sticking to the grill.

CAJUN SEASONING BLEND

I use this all through P2 and beyond, because its a great flavor profile for nearly anything savory. Put everything but the salt in a coffee grinder or spice blender:

1 Tablespoon each (eliminate or replace as you like):
    cayenne pepper (cut this or replace with paprika if you like it milder)
    black pepper
    onion powder
    garlic powder
    chili powder
    1 teaspoon each:
    thyme
    sweet basil,
    bay leaf (about 3 leaves)
    2 Tablespoons:
    pink salt
    I found its better not to grind the salt down with the other spices or the mix gets too powdery and can create a dust cloud when you are shaking it out on to your foods.

If you choose not to include the onion powder (for P2 non-veggie mixing reasons), I suggest adding just a pinch of powdered stevia extract to your blend to compensate for the sweetness of the onion flavor.

[Disclaimer] Although the food list on this site says this about spices: Any natural herb or spice including salt, pepper, and garlic [is allowed],you'll have to decide for yourself if using cayenne, chili powder or paprika works for you or not, as peppers are not on protocol (Dr. Simeons specifically mentions pimentos as not included), and are also nightshades, which some are sensitive to.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview
    Please note that any suggestions I make are based on the Original Protocol.

My recent HCG round was with DietDoc. Our site owner has generously arranged for me to earn a small fee if you use my DietDoc or Nu Image Medical link to order your Hcg and supplies. (All HDI site discounts and coupons apply.) A full review of my experience and how the round progressed: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog here

Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

R/P/M
    R3/P2/Subling. Rx Drops
    Thanks for the apple chips idea Leez! And I've been having the orange with vanilla creme stevia several nights a week as my "ice cream." Soo good! Can't wait to try the Meal Salad.
    VLCD 1-8: -7.5
    VLCD 9-15: -4.1
    Day 16: 196.1 - Day 23: 196.4 Net Gain of .3
    Day 24-28: -4.6
    Day 29-34: -1.8

R/P/M
    R?/P2/drops
    IMG_0590.jpg

MINI MEATBALLS

3.5 oz extra lean ground
    granulated onion
    sea salt
    pepper
    granualed garlic
    ground melba toast (to use as bread crumbs)

2nd step: have about 2TBsp of beef broth available

I mixed it all together and then made mini sized meatballs. Next, I placed in a hot non-stick frying pan. I continuously rotated the meatballs so the whole outside was nicely browned. I then added just a bit of beef broth into the pan, placed a lid over it & turned down the flame. This ensured the *inside* of the meatballs were cooked.

I know this sounds like a glorified hamburger, but the flavors were great and the new shape made me feel like I was eating something new & different. Plus, having them as "mini" meatballs & placed in a small container tricked my mind that I was eating a lot of food.

Also pictured is cut up cucumbers.
    STATS: 50 yrs old & 5'3", wife, mom to five & grandma to two

Ultimate Long-Term Goal Weight: 135.0 lbs
    Current Weight AFTER Loading: 172.8 lbs

This is a LIFESTYLE change!

HDI Hcg Diet Coach
    R/P/M
    P2
    Adapted from my favorite P2 recipe site http://phasestoforever.blogspot.com/...ted-chili.html

P2 Chili
    (1 Serving)
    3.5 ounces lowest fat ground beef, preferably grassfed and organic
    1 portion canned or fresh diced tomatoes ( a cup is good, but use whatever your calorie levels allow)
    1/2 cup water
    a few chives, sliced
    2 cloves garlic- minced
    1/4 tsp chili powder
    1/4 tsp cumin
    1/2 tsp onion powder
    1/4 tsp oregano
    1/4 tsp basil
    1/4 tsp black pepper
    1/8 tsp cayenne- to taste
    a pinch red pepper flakes to taste
    cilantro for topping

Brown your meat. Add minced garlic and chives. Saute 1-2 minutes. Stir in rest of spices, tomatoes and water. Bring to boil then reduce heat to low and simmer covered for 1 hour. It will cook down a bit. If it is too soupy, cook uncovered to desired consistency. Top with cilantro.

HDI Hcg Diet Coach
    R/P/M
    P2
    (adapted from http://www.jopreetskitchen.com/2012/...sh-greens.html)

Mashed Radishes

1 cup sliced red radishes (this is about 19 calories so use more or less depending on your daily menu)
    1/4 tsp turmeric
    1/4 tsp dry ginger powder
    1/4 tsp garam masala
    1/8 tsp each ground cinnamon, cumin, cloves, fennel, curry, chili powder (the hot kind from the Indian store works best)
    The spices do have some calories so use at your own risk or eliminate any that don't fit your definition of POP.

Boil the radishes, covered, in water until softened, about 10 minutes. Drain. In a food processor, blender or with a mixer, puree radishes into a smooth paste. I haven't tried mashing them by hand, but that would probably work, too. For the spices, either sauté them in a tsp or two of water until the raw taste of the spices is gone then blend them into the radishes, or else skip the sautéing part and just blend them raw into the radishes. The first way adds a little better flavor; the second is easier. Serve with meat and fruit of your choice.

Cindy

"The only disability in life is a bad attitude.” -- Scott Hamilton

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    This is a recipe I used while doing the FMD (Fast Metabolism Diet) but its great for P2 as well. The chicken is so flavorful done this way, and having it preshredded in baggies makes it easy to transform into lettuce wrap, taco, or barbecue concoctions. I generally make a partial batch and use my smaller crock pot.

Easy Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken
    preparation time is 10 minutes, cook time is 8 hours for a total time of 8 hours and 10 minutes.

Ingredients:
    6 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    2 tsp. salt
    2 tsp. black pepper
    2 tsp. garlic powder
    1/2 cup water or chicken broth (optional--I usually add it, because I like the chicken moist)

Instructions:
    1. Place chicken breasts in a slow cooker, and sprinkle with seasonings.
    2. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or until the chicken shreds easily with a fork. If you are making a smaller batch, keep an eye on your slow cooker as the chicken will likely need less cooking time.
    3. Remove the chicken with tongs, and shred using two forks or the paddle attachment of a stand mixer.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview

My recent HCG round was with DietDoc. Our site owner has generously arranged for me to earn a small fee if you use my DietDoc or Nu Image Medical link to order your Hcg and supplies. (All HDI site discounts and coupons apply.) A full review of my experience and how the round progressed: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog here

Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

R/P/M
    R5/P2/SubQ
    Blog Entries
    Extra lean hamburgers and onions "grilled" in beef broth. Yum.
    Weight Loss Center - Your Online Weight Loss Support Group

HDI Hcg Diet Coach
    R/P/M
    P2
    Cucumber Salad

1 cucumber, sliced thin, with the peel on
    2 T vinegar of choice
    stevia to taste (optional)
    salt and pepper
    optional: garlic powder, onion powder, parsley, dill

Toss the cucumber slices in the vinegar, stevia, and salt and pepper. You can leave the stevia out if you don't like sweeteners. Add any optional herbs you'd like or omit them. Refrigerate at least one hour or overnight.

R/P/M
    R?/P2/drops
    This was DELICIOUS!

london broil p2 with salad.jpg

LONDON BROIL

• 100 grams lean London broil, cut into strips
    • 1 cup beef broth or water
    • 1 tablespoon minced onion
    • 1 clove garlic crushed and minced
    • 1/8 teaspoon thyme
    • Pinch of rosemary
    • Salt and pepper to taste
    • Chopped Italian parsley

Directions:

Add salt and pepper to beef strips.
    In a frying pan or skillet mix London broil, herbs and beef broth.
    Cook, you will need to judge when cooked to your satisfaction (time varies).
    May add chopped parsley.

Makes 1 serving
    STATS: 50 yrs old & 5'3", wife, mom to five & grandma to two

Ultimate Long-Term Goal Weight: 135.0 lbs
    Current Weight AFTER Loading: 172.8 lbs

This is a LIFESTYLE change!

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    Baked Apple with Butter/Caramel syrup

I made this for breakfast, because that's when I generally eat my apple in P2. It was so yummy, I had to share it with you!

1 apple, cut up in chunks
    1/4 C. water
    sprinkle liberally with Vietnamese cinnamon and pink salt

Microwave covered 3-4 minutes or until apples are soft

Add:
    5 drops Capella Vanilla Custard flavor
    5 drops Capella Caramel flavor
    5 drops Capella Butter flavor
    adjust the salt

The Capella flavor drops are unsweetened. I didn't add sweetener, but you could. You could also add a squeeze of lemon juice if your apple wasn't very tart.

The key to making the flavors amazing is getting enough pink salt into the mix. The salt brings out all the other flavors and makes them pop.

I thickened the hot syrup ever so slightly with a couple shakes of (no-calorie) gluccomanan powder (aka konjac). I figure this agrees with POP since you are not even using the amount of the filler in a supplement capsule. But as always, make your own judgement.

Konjac Tip: I found the best way to use this is to just dust a bit on top of whatever liquid you wish to thicken from a fine shaker. Konjac thickens either hot or cold, but its not instant. It could take a minute or more to start gelling. You have to learn to work with it or you'll use too much.

Best price on Capella flavors: http://wizardlabs.us/index.php?route...ory&path=79_99
    (they carry other flavor brands too)

Best Vietnamese cinnamon (hands-down better than the Costco stuff. It actually has a sweetness to it. it's not hot like cheaper brands.)
    http://www.peppercreekfarms.com/prod...oducts_id=2622

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast