Popular Pages :

Page 27 of 234 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: P3 Questions

The African Honey Badger quelsen's Avatar
    R/P/M
    Round 6 / P2 / Rx Injection
    Blog Entries
    Public Service Announcement.

Soy is the new Corn and wholly owned by one Monsanto Corporation. No natural soybeans exist anymore as Round up ( by Monsanto) was created specifically to kill natural soybeans. All American Soy is GMO.
    This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic IceMan
    CW 312 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

R/P/M
    R3 P3~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    Public Service Announcement.

Soy is the new Corn and wholly owned by one Monsanto Corporation. No natural soybeans exist anymore as Round up ( by Monsanto) was created specifically to kill natural soybeans. All American Soy is GMO.
    GMO?

In my hometown, way back in the day, the Huey Family ran a plant sprouting beans for bean sprouts that they shipped all over the nation to Chinese restaurants. It was a classic immigrant success story and our town was blessed with a unique and marvelous restaurant too.

So...are bean sprouts not a natural version of soy? I'm putting this on my research list.
    You cannot dream yourself into a character: you must hammer and forge yourself into one.
    ~Henry D. Thoreau

R/P/M
    R3 P3~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grammy1952 View Post
    I try to avoid soy. I'm a big Dr. Mercola fan. http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...ur-health.aspx
    ewww...I may throw out those noodles I bought but haven't eaten. Other than bean sprouts, the only other soy I intentially buy is the gluten free soy sauce and since it's fermented, I'm ok...right??

I'm fallin' in with Zami, now worried about something I didn't even know to worry about.

Zami, my aunt has always complained that she couldn't sleep because she was worried about _______ <--insert latest family crisis here. We always joked with her that her nightly prayer was "God, please give me something to worry about all night so that I won't sleep." We luv her, and we know she's always prayed for everything in our lives cause that's what she says she does when she can't sleep.

Me...I do pray for my family and friends (and you guys too!!) and yet I still manage to sleep like a baby!
    You cannot dream yourself into a character: you must hammer and forge yourself into one.
    ~Henry D. Thoreau

The Hormel Black Label Low Sodium I looked at last night was cured with sugar.

R2P2!

The African Honey Badger quelsen's Avatar
    R/P/M
    Round 6 / P2 / Rx Injection
    Blog Entries
    A genetically modified organism (GMO) or genetically engineered organism (GEO) is an organism whose genetic material has been altered using genetic engineering techniques. These techniques, generally known as recombinant DNA technology, use DNA molecules from different sources, which are combined into one molecule to create a new set of genes. This DNA is then transferred into an organism, giving it modified or novel genes. Transgenic organisms, a subset of GMOs, are organisms which have inserted DNA that originated in a different species.
    This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic IceMan
    CW 312 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

R/P/M
    R3P3 Rx sublingual
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eegrl View Post
    The Hormel Black Label Low Sodium I looked at last night was cured with sugar.
    I had noticed that too. Maybe it's regional? I always read the label now. Can't trust the formulation not to be changed on anything.
    fashion your life as a garland of beautiful deeds~buddha

R2P3 09/07/10 LDW 167.2; started R3P2 01/11/10 load day 1; highest load weight 176.8. LDW 02/09 158.6
    I. Love. Bacon.
    For first time iHerb.com orders use code BEK202 and save $5!
    Italy Pictures!!!
    GO BUTLER! Who let the Dawgs out?

R/P/M
    R3 P2 hCG SUB Q
    Quote Originally Posted by Paendora View Post
    You may be OK ~ let us know. I love edamame, would be thrilled to find out it was ok. I've been thinking that would be the perfect add to my stir fry lunch. I've been using bean sprouts for the past week in some of my dishes (maybe three times total) and have remained stable.

Then I found this tonight:

Green soybeans (called also by their Japanese name, edamame) are easy to digest and extremely high in protein and fiber. (http://www.gilisting.com/glycemic-in...soy-beans.html)

155g of Edamame have 8g Net Carbs ~ 16g less 8 grams of fiber. Downside, 3 grams Sugar. It's natural sugar, kinda like the natural sugar in yogurt, so it may not cause a problem.

I'll let you know if I have any in the next few days! Let me know how you do!!
    Edamame is a legume (bean) not P2 friendly. I wouldn't try them until P4, if at all.
    5' 1/2

R3 P2

R/P/M
    Started Round 1 September 8, 2010, on Phase 2, Taking HCG Drops
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by uluckydog View Post
    hope everyone is having a great Wednesday.. here in NC its raining alooott... Still looking for bacon.. i start P4 Next monday but i would like some variety in breakfast foods from my normal Eggs and cheese or just eggs... thanks for some of the brands i'll go looking tonight and report what i find. I am still about 4 lbs below my LIW weight but stabilizing quite well i think.. stayed around the same 3 lbs for the past 2 1/2 weeks so i guess my P3 was a success.. had 2 steak days which were complete successes also. P4 here i come.. but i think the board might want to watch out for this one :P .. i might be asking TONS of questions come next week!

Have a great eveneing everyone!!
    Jessi
    Do you all have Kroger's in New York? It's a very large chain. They have a storebrand of Bacon doesn't have any sugar, in addition to some that do. I just checked for myself the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by Paendora View Post
    GMO?

So...are bean sprouts not a natural version of soy? I'm putting this on my research list.
    There is some debate about this, but it is known that Monsanto (the company who created the genetically modified beans) are notorious for going after farmers that do not pay for thier seed. The problem is this. When you have 4 farms surrounding you that all grow GMO (Monsanto) beans, it is virtually impossible for you to keep them out of your crop. In the "old days" farmers would save the seed from previous generations of crops and use it next year, thus not having to pay for seed. Monsanto does not allow this (through legal terms when purchasing thier seed) and makes you purchase new seed each year. Monsanto is trying to put people who reuse seed out of business, so they go and inspect thier fields and if they find even one of thier Monsanto GMO seeds, they can sue and virtually put that farmer out of business. Many farmers want to buy Monsanto beans because they are easier to grow and have a higher yield than other beans.

Monsanto GMO beans are resistant to Round-Up (allowing the farmers to spray round up on them and all other weeds in the field, thus killing the other weeds and not the GMO soy beans. The only reall known problem with these beans is that the amounts of herbicide and pesticide use world wide has jumped and that these beans contain more of these things (since they can resist them, they are often sprayed with them). There is nothing to definitively suggest that these beans are "less healthy" than those that are not GMO, just as there is nothing to prove they are more healthy. It is true that most soy you consume comes from GMO beans, and has for the past 10-15 years. The FDA does not currently label any GMO foods (there are many other than soy beans!)

Whether or not to consume GMO foods is a personal choice. Would you consume them if the GMO food was healthier (higher omega-3's, fiber, etc...)? Or would you consume them if the only reason for thier creation was to produce more yield (thus making them cheaper)?

There are non-GMO soy beans grown in the US, just not many, and it may be hard to continue certifying things as non-GMO as the GMO beans continue to spread to other fields.

Personally the only thing that bothers me about Monsanto GMO beans is the wya the Monsanto company treats those who do not pay for thier bean seeds, even if the Monsanto beans are only in thier fields du to the spreading of the GMO beans.

~Nicole

R2P2!

R/P/M
    R3 P2 hCG SUB Q
    Quote Originally Posted by eegrl View Post
    There is some debate about this, but it is known that Monsanto (the company who created the genetically modified beans) are notorious for going after farmers that do not pay for thier seed. The problem is this. When you have 4 farms surrounding you that all grow GMO (Monsanto) beans, it is virtually impossible for you to keep them out of your crop. In the "old days" farmers would save the seed from previous generations of crops and use it next year, thus not having to pay for seed. Monsanto does not allow this (through legal terms when purchasing thier seed) and makes you purchase new seed each year. Monsanto is trying to put people who reuse seed out of business, so they go and inspect thier fields and if they find even one of thier Monsanto GMO seeds, they can sue and virtually put that farmer out of business. Many farmers want to buy Monsanto beans because they are easier to grow and have a higher yield than other beans.

Monsanto GMO beans are resistant to Round-Up (allowing the farmers to spray round up on them and all other weeds in the field, thus killing the other weeds and not the GMO soy beans. The only reall known problem with these beans is that the amounts of herbicide and pesticide use world wide has jumped and that these beans contain more of these things (since they can resist them, they are often sprayed with them). There is nothing to definitively suggest that these beans are "less healthy" than those that are not GMO, just as there is nothing to prove they are more healthy. It is true that most soy you consume comes from GMO beans, and has for the past 10-15 years. The FDA does not currently label any GMO foods (there are many other than soy beans!)

Whether or not to consume GMO foods is a personal choice. Would you consume them if the GMO food was healthier (higher omega-3's, fiber, etc...)? Or would you consume them if the only reason for thier creation was to produce more yield (thus making them cheaper)?

There are non-GMO soy beans grown in the US, just not many, and it may be hard to continue certifying things as non-GMO as the GMO beans continue to spread to other fields.

Personally the only thing that bothers me about Monsanto GMO beans is the wya the Monsanto company treats those who do not pay for thier bean seeds, even if the Monsanto beans are only in thier fields du to the spreading of the GMO beans.

~Nicole
    This is so interesting. My granpa was a farmer years ago. He grew the most fabulous watermellons, cantelope, veggies you ever tasted. You can't get them like that any more & now I know why. We always saved as many seeds as we could for "next year". He always sold what we didn't eat. He also had a pecan orchard and grafted his own pecan trees to make the large paper shell kind. guess that would be genetically modified, also, but I bet he wouldn't be allowed to do that anymore, either.
    5' 1/2

R3 P2

Blog Entries
    The other farmers should sue Monsanto for polluting their non GMO fields...
    - KBJ - taking it one day, one hour, one breath at at time...

R/P/M
    R2 vld1SQ
    When a recipe call for almond flour, is it blanched or natural? is there any difference in the nutrition or baking results?