Popular Pages :


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 13 to 19 of 19

Thread: Struggling to find right dose. Bingeing most days.

  1. #13
    Super Chief-Ninja Moderator grammy1952's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    Posts
    47,317
    It sounds like immunity might be going on, though that's odd since you haven't done hcg since 2015, correct? You can go as low as 80 but I never like to see a dose below 100 because the losses are generally poor. You might try 100 tomorrow and if that doesn't work, end the round. the prednisone might be interfering with the hcg in some way. If you decide to do that, check out The Metabolism Plan by Lyn-Genet Recitas. I think that might be helpful for you. Also have you read Dr. Terry Wahls' The Wahls Protocol? It's for reversing autoimmune disease. It's pretty miraculous and you might be able to get off prednisone. Good luck!
    My expert Hcg Diet advice is based specifically on the original Simeons Protocol and over 10 years experience as a weight loss and nutrition coach. Grammy's personal protocol:Grammy's Hcg Diet Protocol
    Grammy's author website: ColleenCoble.com

    I am not a medical doctor and my statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition. Please always check with your doctor for medical questions and assistance. Medical Disclaimer:

  2. #14
    Super Member!
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Gold Country, CA
    R/P/M
    R7 P4 hhcg Pellets
    Posts
    1,171
    Quote Originally Posted by grammy1952 View Post
    Also have you read Dr. Terry Wahls' The Wahls Protocol? It's for reversing autoimmune disease. It's pretty miraculous and you might be able to get off prednisone. Good luck!
    Not to highjack the thread, but thank you for the tip on the Wahl's Protocol book. I have a friend with MS and just bought it for her. Will also "borrow it back" from her when she is done and read it myself. Do you think Hashimoto's can be reversed? I have had it for 42 years (in reality, probably longer, but they didn't really know how to treat it back then). I would love to get off Synthyroid (I know, you recommend the T3/T4 treatment, but we have one endo doc in a 100 mile radius and he is very old-fashioned). I'm lucky he didn't lower my dose because my last TSH test came back at the low/normal end of their "range". He started to say something, but I gave him a dirty look, so he backed off. LOL. So, what do you think?

    2016 SW: 186.2 GW: 115 HT: 5'3"
    Pre-HCG SW: 175
    Fake drops round:158.7 February 2017
    R1 SW: 158.7 LDW: 152.5 March 2017
    R2 SW: 151.3 LDW: 144.0 May 2017
    R3 SW: 135.9 LDW: 130.9 October 2017
    R4 SW: 137.0 LDW: 132.0 March 2018
    R5 SW: 142.6 LDW: 132.1 November 2018
    R6 SW: 144.8 LDW: 136.1 December 2019
    R7 SW: 138.0 LDW: 130.4 February 2021
    LinderLou

  3. #15
    Super Chief-Ninja Moderator grammy1952's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    Posts
    47,317
    No, I don't believe it can be reversed. Hashi's destroys our thyroid (I have it too and have tried to reverse it myself.) The proper diet can stop the destruction but it can't rebuild a destroyed thyroid. I wouldn't go to an endo for thyroid. Most GPs are much more likely to listen to their patient. Every endo I've ever seen thought he knew it all and wouldn't listen.
    My expert Hcg Diet advice is based specifically on the original Simeons Protocol and over 10 years experience as a weight loss and nutrition coach. Grammy's personal protocol:Grammy's Hcg Diet Protocol
    Grammy's author website: ColleenCoble.com

    I am not a medical doctor and my statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition. Please always check with your doctor for medical questions and assistance. Medical Disclaimer:

  4. #16
    Super Member!
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Gold Country, CA
    R/P/M
    R7 P4 hhcg Pellets
    Posts
    1,171
    Quote Originally Posted by grammy1952 View Post
    No, I don't believe it can be reversed. Hashi's destroys our thyroid (I have it too and have tried to reverse it myself.) The proper diet can stop the destruction but it can't rebuild a destroyed thyroid. I wouldn't go to an endo for thyroid. Most GPs are much more likely to listen to their patient. Every endo I've ever seen thought he knew it all and wouldn't listen.
    Bummer... I have never had luck getting a GP to listen to me - they just wanted to refer me to an endo. Was with Kaiser for many years and they just want to push you off on the next guy. We moved a couple of years ago, so had to get all new docs. This guy is pretty full of himself and doesn't really listen. Also, there are rumors he is going to retire soon, so that will force me to find someone else. Thanks for getting back to me!

    2016 SW: 186.2 GW: 115 HT: 5'3"
    Pre-HCG SW: 175
    Fake drops round:158.7 February 2017
    R1 SW: 158.7 LDW: 152.5 March 2017
    R2 SW: 151.3 LDW: 144.0 May 2017
    R3 SW: 135.9 LDW: 130.9 October 2017
    R4 SW: 137.0 LDW: 132.0 March 2018
    R5 SW: 142.6 LDW: 132.1 November 2018
    R6 SW: 144.8 LDW: 136.1 December 2019
    R7 SW: 138.0 LDW: 130.4 February 2021
    LinderLou

  5. #17
    Super Chief-Ninja Moderator grammy1952's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    Posts
    47,317
    There are some good functional med doctors who will do phone consults. You might look around for someone like that.
    My expert Hcg Diet advice is based specifically on the original Simeons Protocol and over 10 years experience as a weight loss and nutrition coach. Grammy's personal protocol:Grammy's Hcg Diet Protocol
    Grammy's author website: ColleenCoble.com

    I am not a medical doctor and my statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition. Please always check with your doctor for medical questions and assistance. Medical Disclaimer:

  6. #18
    LinderLou, you might try finding an open-minded D.O., it worked for me. I also have Hashi's, as well as RA and eczema. I met Dr. Terry Wahls in person when she came through town promoting her first book. I asked your same question. She said that it would be POSSIBLE to reverse it, but it would require strict adherence to her protocol for 5-6 years. Even then, other complications might prevent reversal. The good news is that it can be arrested/improved to some degree, and I find that every degree improves my quality of life. My personal experience is that stress, lack of sleep and hormonal changes with age complicate it for me.
    I like the hcg protocol because for me it's essentially an elimination diet if I leave out tomatoes and gluten. You might check with Nu Image about Grammy's suggestion above. The doctor who interviewed me by phone for hcg approval was fairly knowledgeable on the functional medicine aspect. You could also look for a naturopath in your area.

  7. #19
    Super Member!
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Gold Country, CA
    R/P/M
    R7 P4 hhcg Pellets
    Posts
    1,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockem View Post
    LinderLou, you might try finding an open-minded D.O., it worked for me. I also have Hashi's, as well as RA and eczema. I met Dr. Terry Wahls in person when she came through town promoting her first book. I asked your same question. She said that it would be POSSIBLE to reverse it, but it would require strict adherence to her protocol for 5-6 years. Even then, other complications might prevent reversal. The good news is that it can be arrested/improved to some degree, and I find that every degree improves my quality of life. My personal experience is that stress, lack of sleep and hormonal changes with age complicate it for me.
    I like the hcg protocol because for me it's essentially an elimination diet if I leave out tomatoes and gluten. You might check with Nu Image about Grammy's suggestion above. The doctor who interviewed me by phone for hcg approval was fairly knowledgeable on the functional medicine aspect. You could also look for a naturopath in your area.
    Hi Rockem - thank you. I just checked and we have two D.O. docs here. Unfortunately, neither are in my insurance network.... I will keep checking and will look into an online or phone consult as well.
    I was diagnosed with Hashi's 42 years ago. I guess at 18 they don't just chalk it up to a hormonal dysfunction. My symptoms have mostly been gaining weight easily and the inability to lose it again. Lack of energy and having cold hands/feet are just my "normal". I don't know how they check to see how much the thyroid has actually been destroyed. I've never had a doc do more than the standard bloodwork and then poke around my throat a bit.
    I am loving the hcg protocol as well. It has been the ONLY way I've been able to get these extra pounds off. Seems like it is taking forever, but in reality it is not that long and is so worth it. The elimination part of the diet is so eye opening! I am looking forward to being able to eat from a "safe" foods list and maintaining my goal weight for a very long time - well, once I get there

    2016 SW: 186.2 GW: 115 HT: 5'3"
    Pre-HCG SW: 175
    Fake drops round:158.7 February 2017
    R1 SW: 158.7 LDW: 152.5 March 2017
    R2 SW: 151.3 LDW: 144.0 May 2017
    R3 SW: 135.9 LDW: 130.9 October 2017
    R4 SW: 137.0 LDW: 132.0 March 2018
    R5 SW: 142.6 LDW: 132.1 November 2018
    R6 SW: 144.8 LDW: 136.1 December 2019
    R7 SW: 138.0 LDW: 130.4 February 2021
    LinderLou

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •