Popular Pages :


Page 64 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
Results 757 to 768 of 934

Thread: HELLOOOOO Phase 3! Group

  1. #757
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Detroit
    R/P/M
    Rnd 1 Phase 2.. drops
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by LynneR View Post
    OK, I am sad to hear that, Danielle. :C I thought our weight was supposed to stabilize and stay there. Like when I was in high school, I weighed 140 to 145 for the whole 4 years, no matter what I ate. I guess I'm mistaken, but I thought that was the point of this. I guess this is OK, though, because I keep going up, then coming back down. It isn't much work at this point. Thanks for the info though.
    I am kind of confused by your post..you have obviously been here a while (700+ posts) ..but you have just realized that this HCG journey isnt about "eating whatever I want and not gaining weight"?

    This is a change in lifestyle..not a quick fix to correct the mistakes we have all made with our health. The HCG diet has nothing to do with eating whatever we want. I hope that anyone reading these boards doesnt think that the HCG diet is that mystical magic pill to large pizzas and size 2 jeans! :-)
    6'1"
    43 years YOUNG!

    R1 Phase 2 Day 1- 301 lbs

    R1 Phase 3 Day 1 - 261 lbs

    Phase 3 Day 24 - 256 lbs

  2. #758
    Warrior and Wonder Woman Rusty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Rancho Cordova, CA
    R/P/M
    R4
    Posts
    1,094
    Blog Entries
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by marigold View Post
    Hi, mind if I join you all? R1P3 Day 1 here. P2-Did prescription injections under NP supervision-23 day program-20 days injections, 3 days vlcd no hcg. Had never heard of HcG before she talked to me about it. NP is my role model-she herself lost 100 pounds and kept it off over a year. Me I have 60-70 pounds to go, and only 5'3 (barely), and full menopause. Eeesh. Only lost 14 pounds on R1P2. disappointing-many stall days. months and months and months to go before arrive at goal weight for me (probably 4 p2 rounds, the way I calculate things out-could be longer if I've miscalculated.)

    Been stable last 4 days. This morning ate broiled lamb with guacamole, asparagus with butter. feeling stuffed at the moment. Hope I didn't overdo it. Didn't really feel hungry before I ate but its after 7am and I work, so wanted to be eating breakfast on "normal" timeframe when I start back to work tomorrow-today is holiday time off for me.

    Unfortunately tomorrow I go out of town for the week with a colleague to a big professional meeting with people I only see 1-2x/year-lots of lunch and evening meals with other people-limited access to independent vehicle transport (shared with local colleague) and strange town to boot. A bit worried how I'll get enough calories in without starches. which will be available at the snack table at back of the meeting room in afternoon. Trying to add new foods slowly, wait to see how I do for couple days before adding additional different items-read about that here and on another forum, I think that the go-slow plan will be challenging this week due to varied restaurant menus where I end up eating. thank you all for helping me get some structure for R1P3 ahead of time.
    Welcome marigold! 14 lbs in 20 days is freaking awesome! Imagine if you were doing it in the "common wisdom" way, you might be down a whole 3 lbs, whoopee (blah)! So, you did super great!

    At those restaurants, stick with P2 foods (makes choices easier), and don't be shy about asking for your protein cooked "dry". Add avocado where you can (for a healthy fat), and keep to oil and vinegar for dressing (ask for EVOO), or just lemon. You might get some looks from co-workers, so either tell the truth, or say your tummy has been acting up. That way, they'll expect it every time you order (so offer to go last).

    Good luck and keep your eyes on the prize!
    Starting weight: 261.2
    Day 2:

  3. #759
    Super Member! shannon741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Raymond, Washington
    R/P/M
    Round 3/Phase 2/ Homeopathic
    Posts
    1,680
    Blog Entries
    3
    Fedup23 you are so right on the money!!!! HCG is not a wonder diet that makes it so you can go back to eating how you used to that got you fat in the first place! HCG is like any other diet and it has to become a life style change in many ways and what you eat is the major part of it! Like any diet if you go back to eatng the crap food you used to eat YES you are going to gain your weight back!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Fedup23 View Post
    I am kind of confused by your post..you have obviously been here a while (700+ posts) ..but you have just realized that this HCG journey isnt about "eating whatever I want and not gaining weight"?

    This is a change in lifestyle..not a quick fix to correct the mistakes we have all made with our health. The HCG diet has nothing to do with eating whatever we want. I hope that anyone reading these boards doesnt think that the HCG diet is that mystical magic pill to large pizzas and size 2 jeans! :-)

  4. #760
    Super Member! shannon741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Raymond, Washington
    R/P/M
    Round 3/Phase 2/ Homeopathic
    Posts
    1,680
    Blog Entries
    3
    Down another .2 today and feeling some what better from that violent flu I had! I have never been so sick in my life as I was Sunday night and yesterday! I lost a little over 2 lbs from being so sick and I guess I should be grateful since it brought me to only 4 lbs above LDW from my vacation gain.

  5. #761
    Warrior and Wonder Woman Rusty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Rancho Cordova, CA
    R/P/M
    R4
    Posts
    1,094
    Blog Entries
    14
    OK, caught up on the threads, popular site this!

    Anywhoo. Welcome to all the new faces! I love that folks are reading up and studying for P3!

    For the leptin reset, go to www.jackkruse.com. Most of us went there to learn about the LRx.

    Tortillas! I love tortillas, I can never have them again, but I went Paleo. No tortillas on P3 (starch/grains). I have seen some who eat the low carb tortillas, but I think it's kind of a tease!

    Gaining 4 and 5 lbs: a big one day gain like that is water retention. I also saw watermelon in the list of eaten foods. Watermelon does the exact thing to me. It also has lots of sugar, which will mess you up in P3. Water retention can be a bunch of things, especially not drinking enough water. Since it's getting colder (for us in the Northern Hemisphere), we tend not to drink enough water, which makes our bodies retain water because your body is thirsty. Inflammation can also be a culprit. Sometimes it is not clear as to what we are sensitive to. Eggs, dairy, and some fruits can cause reactions. Overtly processed foods (store brand bacon, sausage, lunch meats, hot dogs) can also cause a reaction.

    What to do after a steak day. Keep to a P2 type menu for a couple of days. Make P2 choices in P3 portions.

    Oils. Oils are tricky. The more processed the oil, the more those might cause inflammation. Stick with EVOO, or try out something new, like coconut oil. Fat doesn't make you fat. Your body, after hCG has learned to use fat for energy, not sugar (carbs), so the higher fat content is good for you. Grab an avocado and enjoy!!! You can deep fry in P3, but again, stick with EVOO, coconut oil, butter, tallow/lard.

    Paleo-ized foods. Some have turned to almond/coconut flour with abandon. As a once in a while thing, they are fine. But, it can be a downfall to switch out thinking that this is lower carb or better for you. Too much of anything is too much of anything. If you are wanting to have toast in the morning, a sandwich at lunch, and rolls at dinner, almond/coconut flour won't save you from gaining. They are "better" than grain (I am still Paleo, LOL), but can be a source of excess calories and sugars. A muffin is a muffin, no matter the "flour" you use!

    This is all based on my personal opinion and experiences, so take what you'd like and blow off the rest. It's free! LOL.

    Good luck to all, and happy stabilizing!
    Starting weight: 261.2
    Day 2:

  6. #762
    Super Member! DanielleY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    R/P/M
    P2
    Posts
    1,072
    Hey guys - stayed true yesterday to myself down to 127.6 area - working my way back to 123 (130 after weekend, 127.6 on Tuesday) I may not get back to 123 this week because I had vacation then was "weekend" bad but I'll get there . What I have done in the past and maintained for 1.5 years in R1 is eat what I like a meal or two or three maybe some candy etc.. from Fri night to Sunday. Then on Monday I get right back to it - I eat my fatty meats etc.. basically p3 Mon - Fri (sometimes not Fri night) - the weight comes right back down for me. I am on Day 27 P4 and stabilized at 123+ , 4 lbs below LIW. The key is to make sure to get back to it on Monday NOTE: This is in P4 after you know you have stabilized NOT P3

    Shannon - so glad you are feeling better - not a fun way to lose a few lbs, haha
    I am 5'4" 44 yo. Was stable at 123 last round, lost focus, back at 144.
    R1 1/11 Started at 170lbs got to 140. Another round 9/12 got to 123. Goal is to get back in that area and hold under 130.



  7. #763
    Super Member! shannon741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Raymond, Washington
    R/P/M
    Round 3/Phase 2/ Homeopathic
    Posts
    1,680
    Blog Entries
    3
    Thank you Rusty!! I love the way you put things and I am so with you on all you said!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
    OK, caught up on the threads, popular site this!

    Anywhoo. Welcome to all the new faces! I love that folks are reading up and studying for P3!

    For the leptin reset, go to www.jackkruse.com. Most of us went there to learn about the LRx.

    Tortillas! I love tortillas, I can never have them again, but I went Paleo. No tortillas on P3 (starch/grains). I have seen some who eat the low carb tortillas, but I think it's kind of a tease!

    Gaining 4 and 5 lbs: a big one day gain like that is water retention. I also saw watermelon in the list of eaten foods. Watermelon does the exact thing to me. It also has lots of sugar, which will mess you up in P3. Water retention can be a bunch of things, especially not drinking enough water. Since it's getting colder (for us in the Northern Hemisphere), we tend not to drink enough water, which makes our bodies retain water because your body is thirsty. Inflammation can also be a culprit. Sometimes it is not clear as to what we are sensitive to. Eggs, dairy, and some fruits can cause reactions. Overtly processed foods (store brand bacon, sausage, lunch meats, hot dogs) can also cause a reaction.

    What to do after a steak day. Keep to a P2 type menu for a couple of days. Make P2 choices in P3 portions.

    Oils. Oils are tricky. The more processed the oil, the more those might cause inflammation. Stick with EVOO, or try out something new, like coconut oil. Fat doesn't make you fat. Your body, after hCG has learned to use fat for energy, not sugar (carbs), so the higher fat content is good for you. Grab an avocado and enjoy!!! You can deep fry in P3, but again, stick with EVOO, coconut oil, butter, tallow/lard.

    Paleo-ized foods. Some have turned to almond/coconut flour with abandon. As a once in a while thing, they are fine. But, it can be a downfall to switch out thinking that this is lower carb or better for you. Too much of anything is too much of anything. If you are wanting to have toast in the morning, a sandwich at lunch, and rolls at dinner, almond/coconut flour won't save you from gaining. They are "better" than grain (I am still Paleo, LOL), but can be a source of excess calories and sugars. A muffin is a muffin, no matter the "flour" you use!

    This is all based on my personal opinion and experiences, so take what you'd like and blow off the rest. It's free! LOL.

    Good luck to all, and happy stabilizing!

  8. #764
    I knew fat, good oil was good to use. Lard it is thanks

  9. #765
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    NW Montana
    R/P/M
    RX sublingual round 6
    Posts
    653
    Blog Entries
    45
    Really Quick checkin..D19 p3 stablizing great still.

    Happy losing!

  10. #766
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    R/P/M
    219_146 and stable
    Posts
    765
    Blog Entries
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by Debee View Post
    Really Quick checkin..D19 p3 stablizing great still.

    Happy losing!

    Same here within .5 of ldw up and down. so going good.
    (Considering p3ing till turkey day,then loading /cycling back for another round of p2)










  11. #767
    Hi, All,
    Sounds like everyone is doing great!

    Shannon, glad your feeling better. Argh, how I hate to hug the porcelain throne.

    Danielle, you do a great job at this! You know your body, and know how to lose those vac. pounds. I'm impressed and learning alot from everyone on hear.

    Fedup23, I agree that this is a lifestyle change. The desire to stay healthy has to exceed the desire for momentary satisfaction or all our hard work on P2 and P3 are for nothing and we will gain the weight back.

    AFM: The past 2 days, I have gained .2# each day. That still puts me .6# below my LDW. I did start doing a light workout on my Totalgym last night and am thinking that today .2# gain is probably water weight from sore muscles. I have been doing LR, and this morning had 8.5oz grilled fresh salmon with butter on top... But honestly I am getting tired of eating so much in the morning, so not sure if I will continue or not, we'll see. Everyone, have a wonderful day!
    Started 2/10/2017
    Round 3
    Week 1, 160.2- 153, -6.2
    Week 2, 153-150.8, -2.2
    Week 3, 150.8-149. -1.8
    Week 4, 149-146.6, -2.4
    LIW 146.2
    Current 145



    Round 1 - Lost 20.6# counting load days
    Round 2 - Lost 13.4# counting load days

  12. #768
    Super Member! LynneR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Florida
    R/P/M
    R? P2 HHCG
    Posts
    3,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Fedup23 View Post
    I am kind of confused by your post..you have obviously been here a while (700+ posts) ..but you have just realized that this HCG journey isnt about "eating whatever I want and not gaining weight"?

    This is a change in lifestyle..not a quick fix to correct the mistakes we have all made with our health. The HCG diet has nothing to do with eating whatever we want. I hope that anyone reading these boards doesnt think that the HCG diet is that mystical magic pill to large pizzas and size 2 jeans! :-)
    I don't know who you are, but I you sound very immature. You want to eat 2 large pizzas? Or are you just being ridiculous? I said eat what you want, not eat some sick amount of food that you would never really WANT to eat. We are talking about people who are in P4 and have reset their hypothalamus, and are supposedly stabilized. If you have stabilized, you should not gain 6 lbs on vacation and have to work to take it back off.

    Feel free to think what you want.

Page 64 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •