Popular Pages :

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Calories and Protein

Calories and Protein

I've been searching for this information but it seems to vary.

In Phase 2, how many grams of protein a day should a vegetarian aim for?

Some places say 700 calories for vegetarians (slower loss), others ignore the vegetarian part and say stick to the 500. What are people doing?

The best I have managed so far is 545 calories and 62g protein.

Thanks

R/P/M
    R1/P1/Hhcg Drops
    The info I have says to substitute the 100g of meat with 1 whole egg and 3 egg whites (raw, boiled or poached) or 100g of non fat cottage cheese or approximately 25 grams of whey protein powder mixed with water. The info also says that if a vegetarian suffers protein and or B12 deficiencies or a low metabolic rate then some or all or these foods may aggravate fluid retention. It also says that tempeh, tofu, beans, lentils, rice, nuts and seeds are not allowed as the meat substitute. I must say that I think it would be very hard to do as a vegetarian. My husband was vegetarian for about 18 years and myself for about 7, we both eat meat every now and again and since doing this diet I have had it every day. I'm sure it's possible though, the meat based HCG diet is also pretty boring. Goodluck and sorry I can't answer the protein gram question but if you add up the protein amount in the foods I've listed about (2 serves a day) then you can figure it out.

VLCD 1/-0g 2/-900g 3/-600g 4/-0g 5/-500g MIA with a gain. 73.4kg & loading to start fresh

Dustin I wondered if you are still around??

Thanks Dustin. I've been reworking my menu and have the calories down with the protein up to about 70g.

Doing it vegetarian-style!

R1/P2 - 12.6kg loss

I'm New!
    R/P/M
    R1/P2/Injections
    Hi there, new here, but have a question as I am a vegetarian.
    what is wrong with eating tofu? What about wheat gluten?

Thanks in advance!

[/url]

It's a gift to myself to stay healthy in the present!!!

R/P/M
    R2P2 injection

AW: Calories and Protein

Quote Originally Posted by Rockie View Post
    Hi there, new here, but have a question as I am a vegetarian.
    what is wrong with eating tofu? What about wheat gluten?

Thanks in advance!
    Tofu like all Unfermented soy strongly depresses thyroid function. About 40% of adults have some degree of gluten sensitivity & hence Inflammation. It can also cause other sensitivities like casein (milk protein) sensitivity.

Gesendet von meinem HTC Desire mit Tapatalk 2
    17.06.12 70.7 kg
    19.06.12 74.5 kg
    20.06.12 71.5 kg
    27.06.12 68.7 kg
    04.07.12 68.4 kg
    07.07.12 67.3 kg
    10.07.12 66.5 kg
    11.07.12 67.2 kg
    14.07.12 67.6 kg
    17.07.12 67.2 kg
    18.07.12 66.2 kg (Finally!l)
    23.07.12 65.4 kg (LIW)

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wMhWFWA/

Quote Originally Posted by Pensee View Post
    Tofu like all Unfermented soy strongly depresses thyroid function. About 40% of adults have some degree of gluten sensitivity & hence Inflammation. It can also cause other sensitivities like casein (milk protein) sensitivity.

Gesendet von meinem HTC Desire mit Tapatalk 2
    That's true. Ever since I was able to read a study telling that unfermented foods are not healthy, I stopped eating it. It's really not advisable to eat genetically modified foods during these times.

I am vegetarian and i wanted to know which vegetarian product enrich with high calorie and proteins.

Hi Gurmeet,

Cottage cheese is a good source of protein for vegetarians while on HCG. It is not technically part of protocol but vegetarians have to make that exception.
    Make sure you buy fat free cottage cheese.

Ana

Cottage cheese is a good source of protein for vegetarians while on HCG, it is not technically part of protocol but vegetarians have to make that exception for the weight loss....

I must say that I think it would be very hard to do as a vegetarian. My husband was vegetarian for about 18 years and myself for about 7, we both eat meat every now and again and since doing this diet I have had it every day.

R/P/M
    P2/Inj
    I'm not a vegetarian, but I did develop an aversion to meat during last 10 days of one of my rounds. I basically did cottage cheese & eggs. Per P&I cottage cheese IS a part of protocol if used on occasion. See below direct excerpt from P&I:

“Very occasionally we allow egg - boiled, poached or raw - to patients who develop an aversion to meat, but in this case they must add the white of three eggs to the one they eat whole. In countries where cottage cheese made from skimmed milk is available 100 grams may occasionally be used instead of the meat, but no other cheeses are allowed."

On Vegetarians...
    "Strict vegetarians such as orthodox Hindus present a special problem, because milk and curds are the only animal protein they will eat. To supply them with sufficient protein of animal origin they must drink 500 cc. of skimmed milk per day, though part of this ration can be taken as curds. As far as fruit, vegetables and starch are concerned, their diet is the same as that of non-vegetarians; they cannot be allowed their usual intake of vegetable proteins from leguminous plants such as beans or from wheat or nuts, nor can they have their customary rice."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast