Popular Pages :


Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 240

Thread: I'm a Vegetarian

  1. #1
    I Want To Be Thin JudRa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Orlando,Fl
    R/P/M
    R2/P2/Injections
    Posts
    536

    I'm a Vegetarian

    Looks like I am the first veg head to make a post. I have done the diet before as a "meat eater". I find it easier so far at least for preparation. I use Protein Powder shakes, eggs, meatless/soy patties and substitutes. It is far more convenient because all the nutritional information is provided on the packaging, easier to keep my calories down, less expensive, and there is no measuring on a scale. My only concern is getting the amount of protein necessary. I will average about 30grams of protein a day. I will keep you informed to see if there is any difference with results compared to a non vegetarian approach.




    Thin > Food

  2. #2
    interesting I didn't think about trying it with veggie burgers how is that working? I was just going to use Sun Warrior protien shake. This is my first round Vegan as well my previous rounds have been with meat but it turns out I am pretty much allergic to anything from an animal plus corn, and gluten.






    P4 R3

  3. #3
    Hi there! I'm a vegetarian!! Being that this is my 1st round - the journey w/ hCG has been hard, especially in the beginning!! I had issues w/ SubQ injections, hunger, then the lack of weight loss for about 2 weeks. GRRRRRRR! I was very discouraged and didn't know what was going on!

    Through research I have finally found something that is now working for me. I no longer drink the Jay Robb's Whey protein powder and no longer eat eggs... those were my staples in the 1st 2 weeks and I didn't lose weight. I finally got my PEA Protein powder and drink that twice a day. That provides me about 48 - 50 grams of protein per day. I'm FINALLY seeing results - it took awhile but I'm glad I finally found something that's working for me! I feel a bit behind... only lost 5.4 lbs and started back in 1/22/11, but at least now I know that hCG does work (for a moment there I actually thought I was an anomaly)!! LOL!

    I'm so glad there are other vegetarians doing this... Although they say the weight loss is slower for vegetarians, it's absolutely doable... Just have to find the right combination that works for each person!

    Good Luck everyone!


    R2P2SQ, Vegetarian protocol, Fertigyn, 125 iu

  4. #4
    Senior Member barblg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    St. Paul MN
    R/P/M
    R3/ P4/pellets
    Posts
    457
    i was a vegetarian but am eating meat for p2, i thought of using quorn and veggie burgers but the additives and soy scared me off. going back to veg/raw foods when i am done with this. (please don't judge me)

  5. #5
    Ovo-Lacto Vegetarian VeggieMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Texas. Steak Day Alternatives (Vary Type for Multple Days): Fage (36 oz + 1 cup berries p/day)
    R/P/M
    R4/P4/RxCream (R1 -29, R2 -27, R3 -25, R4 -12)
    Posts
    654
    Thankfully there are several threads of vegetarians on here, so apologize in advance if this is a repeat.
    I'm on VLCD23, been doing eggs for lunch & cottage cheese (fat free of course) for dinner. I know vegetarians are supposed to lose a little less but hey, its working for me.
    For P3, I'm planning on intergrating SOME of the meat analogs back in. (Without the bagel around it, of course!) I'm using the Prinster book (and the Soy Zone from Dr. Sears) to evaluate what can count as a protein. From a cursory glance (since I've got a while before P3--I'm just lusting): it seems Chik Nuggets & Chik Patties from Morningstar are out, but Morningstar's sausages (regular), hamburger crumbles and plain burgers will be in, as well as Quorn naked chik cutlets. Some products are kinda borderline, like mushroom lover burger (morningstar) which just has a few too carbs and a little less protein than it should.
    BTW, no judgement from me! We just gotta get through this with whatever tools we have so we can all be healthy, and who knows, even HOT!




  6. #6
    I Want To Be Thin JudRa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Orlando,Fl
    R/P/M
    R2/P2/Injections
    Posts
    536
    This is my second day on the VLCD and I lost 6 from yesterday. Last night I ate MorningStar crumbles with asparagus and just added some spices. It was delicious. Make sure to read the veggie burger ingredients. I noticed only the Original Boco burgers contain the right combination of protein, calories & carbs. Some of the patties will contain a blend of veggies or beans and I would stay away from those. I am trying to stay between 25-50 grams of protein a day. I can have a little more food (protein) because the calories are less and I need to eat more to achieve the right amount of protein. YAY! I would always get sad looking at that little portion of meat or chicken. Last night I looked at my bowl of crumbles and asparagus and thought, this will be satisfying.




    Thin > Food

  7. #7
    I Want To Be Thin JudRa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Orlando,Fl
    R/P/M
    R2/P2/Injections
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by yelpir View Post
    Hi there! I'm a vegetarian!! Being that this is my 1st round - the journey w/ hCG has been hard, especially in the beginning!! I had issues w/ SubQ injections, hunger, then the lack of weight loss for about 2 weeks. GRRRRRRR! I was very discouraged and didn't know what was going on!

    Through research I have finally found something that is now working for me. I no longer drink the Jay Robb's Whey protein powder and no longer eat eggs... those were my staples in the 1st 2 weeks and I didn't lose weight. I finally got my PEA Protein powder and drink that twice a day. That provides me about 48 - 50 grams of protein per day. I'm FINALLY seeing results - it took awhile but I'm glad I finally found something that's working for me! I feel a bit behind... only lost 5.4 lbs and started back in 1/22/11, but at least now I know that hCG does work (for a moment there I actually thought I was an anomaly)!! LOL!

    I'm so glad there are other vegetarians doing this... Although they say the weight loss is slower for vegetarians, it's absolutely doable... Just have to find the right combination that works for each person!

    Good Luck everyone!
    I think you are on the right track!!! From my research the main reason Veg Heads don't lose the same amount of weight is because they are not taking in enough protein. Also, sometimes in the food choices they discovered hidden sugars or starches. I am less hungry this round. I can;t figure out if it's because I can eat a little more due to less calories in meat alternatives and I need to eat more protein to achieve the correct protein or because I successfully loaded. Let me know how it goes!!!




    Thin > Food

  8. #8
    I Want To Be Thin JudRa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Orlando,Fl
    R/P/M
    R2/P2/Injections
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by barblg View Post
    i was a vegetarian but am eating meat for p2, i thought of using quorn and veggie burgers but the additives and soy scared me off. going back to veg/raw foods when i am done with this. (please don't judge me)
    I know what you talking about. I am surprised they don't make organic veggie burgers. I would feel more comfortable with organic soybeans. I am only using 1 of my protein options for soy products in an effort to limit my intake. No Judgement Zone.




    Thin > Food

  9. #9
    Super Member! Jenine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pomona, NY
    R/P/M
    Patches
    Posts
    1,079
    Quote Originally Posted by yelpir View Post
    Through research I have finally found something that is now working for me. I no longer drink the Jay Robb's Whey protein powder and no longer eat eggs... those were my staples in the 1st 2 weeks and I didn't lose weight. I finally got my PEA Protein powder and drink that twice a day. That provides me about 48 - 50 grams of protein per day. I'm FINALLY seeing results - it took awhile but I'm glad I finally found something that's working for me! I feel a bit behind... only lost 5.4 lbs and started back in 1/22/11, but at least now I know that hCG does work (for a moment there I actually thought I was an anomaly)!! LOL!
    What brand are you using for the Pea Protein? I want to try to go vegetarian this round since. I'm using a raw protein powder which helps but I'm about to run out so I'm interested in trying something different.

  10. #10
    JudRa, does the original Boca Burger have wheat, gluten or soy in it?

    Jenine, here's a link to the pea protein powder I've been using:

    http://www.kirkmanlabs.com/[email protected]


    R2P2SQ, Vegetarian protocol, Fertigyn, 125 iu

  11. #11
    I Want To Be Thin JudRa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Orlando,Fl
    R/P/M
    R2/P2/Injections
    Posts
    536
    If I remember correctly they are mainly soy & whey protein. If they have any wheat it is less than 2%. I can't remember if they are Gluten free.
    Quote Originally Posted by yelpir View Post
    JudRa, does the original Boca Burger have wheat, gluten or soy in it?

    Jenine, here's a link to the pea protein powder I've been using:

    http://www.kirkmanlabs.com/[email protected]




    Thin > Food

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenine View Post
    What brand are you using for the Pea Protein? I want to try to go vegetarian this round since. I'm using a raw protein powder which helps but I'm about to run out so I'm interested in trying something different.


    I used pure green protien today Berry flavor less than 1 gram of sugar I mixed it with water and a P2 smoothie it was good! www.vibranthealth.com I ordered Sun Warrior but it hasn't arrived yet The Sun Warrior is recommended by the Vegan HCG coach. I also tried Rice protien by Nutribiotic but that doesn't taste as good as the Green protien. The Pure Green protien is 100% green and 20g of protien per serving. I am having only the protein shakes with my daily fruit added to them and as big a serving of veggies as I can get down. Today is my 1st VLCD so I don't know the results yet from the shakes but thought I would let ya know






    P4 R3

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •