Popular Pages :

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Lovely Losers 2020 - Absolutely Active in AUGUST!!

R/P/M
    R5/P3/Ovidac (Rx, SubQ)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leez View Post
    Good that you can eliminate HCG potency as a factor. Your test was done exactly correctly.

Many things can be stored in your fat cells -- vitamins, allergens, toxins like heavy metals. You could have been going through some detox in P2, since P2 is a pretty straight forward elimination diet. Sugar detox can initiate candida die-off, but since you are eating fruit in P2, its unlikely that kind of detox would be triggered.

I can't remember any specific symptoms being reported that were associated with histamine detox. Histamine intolerance is basically an allergic reaction with no allergen present. Probably the best thing you can do going forward is to support your liver. If you are not already taking milk thistle, its definitely worth adding to your regimen.

If you encounter hunger tonight, and the extra food helped, it won't hurt you to do that again. Just stay within the P2 menu until you reach P3. Hot tea can sometimes quiet hunger, but if something like that doesn't work, go ahead and eat a little more.
    Oh thanks, Leez! Testing hCG potency 'before and after' is important imho...learned to do that several rounds ago, and haven't eliminated that habit since. If you haven't guessed already, I'm not a fan of ambiguity. I like to know what I'm doing is worthwhile, and to do it as best as possible. So this works.

I did experience hunger again last nite; stronger and longer-lasting with an even bigger headache than the first 24 hours of this 'transition period' between P2 and P3. So we can rule out the dreaded "dose was too high" idea. The hunger on 'injection day 39' around dinnertime was either the expected (dreaded) 'immunity' Simeons says is bound to happen around that time, or it means that my dose was never high enough to begin with.

Either way, I've got a plan for any dose issues in the future: I am going to do intramuscular injections -- like Simeons described in Pounds and Inches. No more SubQ injections. That will allay many of my dose fears/doubts, I believe. He said that dose worked for "everyone" -- of all sizes, ages, and genders. From little old women to tall young men and everyone inbetween.

QUESTIONS to help me in my next round's P2:

1.) I believe Simeons mixed EACH day for masses of patients, and didn't use bacteriostatic water....it appears that he used sodium chloride instead, and mixed right before he injected patients. Soooo, how does the way he mixed up 125 IU with the sodium chloride ampule included in hCG product packages (included for 'single injection use') translate to how we mix a 'batch' up and use over a period of days, with bacteriostatic water instead of the sodium chloride like Simeons used....? Same IU, I assume, or does that need to be adjusted somehow -- even though it will be 125 IU intramuscular injections (the same IU dose, done in the same intramuscular injection technique)? Basically, with intramuscular injections, does the hCG dose 'have to change' when hCG is mixed with bacteriostatic water rather than the sodium chloride solution that Simeons used?

2.) Where to inject IM (intramuscularly) for best results?

3.) Simeons stated 'mineral oil' was a perfectly fine moisturizer for Phase 2.....that's a petroleum product, basically. So, I've looked everywhere and haven't gotten a definitive answer on this -- is VASELINE 'okay' to use on protocol in P2?? The most basic, most simple one (the first Vaseline one, the original one, without any added crapola in it).......it has petrolatum and wax, very simple stuff. No fats. And the 'oil' in it is the same oil I believe that is in mineral oil....man I hope so at least. Is Vaseline, then, 'P2 acceptable'....? I meant to get an answer on this before, but never asked I think; need to know for next time I go through Phase 2 though, as the flaky skin about drove me insane this time.

4.) How 'low' can your total calories be, each day, without being TOO low? Not that I liked to not eat enough, but it was very hard to find enough calories each day with my limited low-FODMAP choices in P2. I'm wondering if my calories were TOO low. This, too, was something I never found a firm answer with. I read in Pounds and Inches that if the person wanted to omit a food from a meal and couldn't eat that it was not a "big deal" but that would be, presumably, just a 'one time thing.' What about perpetually -- just add more of the foods the person CAN eat, I would assume, right? Which works....but....that being said, again -- what is the "ideal MINIMUM" amount of calories that someone should get, total -- in your experience as a mod, watching people's rounds -- per day, Leez? Is it 400? 300? 250? Etc...

5.) How many spices can someone have at a time in one meal? I know we aren't supposed to mix vegetables....didn't see any limits or mention of the amount of different spices we can use in a meal at one time. Such as, "no more than 2 spices at a time" or...."no more than" 3, or 4, or 5 spices at a time, et cetera -- any limit (or, ideal limit you've found in your experience works best)....? Is there any rule of thumb to follow here?

Note:
    I'll be eating a more balanced P3 than other previous rounds, btw. Won't be limiting strawberries (thank you). I always took that assertion about "very sweet fruit" to include berries! LOL. I had no idea that didn't "qualify" in the scheme of things, as one of the potential troublemakers for fruit.

//P3 strategy//

So......the goal for me will be, as I start P3 tomorrow morning (YAY!!) is:
    - higher fat
    - moderate carbs
    - moderate protein

With each meal created so that no carbs/starches/sugars are ever included with fatty food.

But not gonna go ultra low-carb. SO thanks for the reassurance about strawberries earlier. They have recently become, without much thought, my very favoritest fruit ever, LOL.

Am I on the right track for P3 meal creation here, Leez?

An example:
    - protein: 5 oz delmonico steak, medium rare; broiled, gently bathed with 1/4 tsp butter and a dash of salt under the broiler during cooking
    - salad: romaine lettuce (1 cup), spinach (1/4 cup), minced green onion tops only (1/8 tsp), fresh basil (1 tsp)
    - dessert: strawberries in lemon jello (stevia only for sugar used in jello), cut into cubes (1/3 cup)

Please let me know what you think. And thanks again for all your help and direction; it truly, truly means a lot. <3
    Looking for info on the famed "Chicken Thigh Day" (CTD)? Here it is: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/entry.php?b=16708

Wondering how you can hold your loss after the Chicken Thigh Day, or any correction day? Try the "Post-Correction Day Strategy" (PCDS): http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/entry.php?b=16711

I'm using "MyNetDiary Pro"...I highly recommend it. Huge, ACCURATE Food Database! It's at http://www.mynetdiary.com

Chief Moderator (my happy place :) Leez's Avatar
    R/P/M
    M: at goal May 2015 77# lost wHCG injections
    Blog Entries
    You are right that its unlikely you would need a different dose than 125iu if you are doing intra muscular injection

Bacteriostatic water and bacteriostatic sodium chloride are interchangeable with the one-dose sodium chloride that comes with the vials as far as measurements go.

Grammy says the IM method that works best for her is to twist around and inject into the upper hip. There are other options like outer thigh, but the hip one likely the least painful.

Vaseline is fine for P2. Also mineral oil, glycerine and basic soaps like dial and zest.

Its best to stay as close to 500 calories as you can, at least within 50 calories. Going below that should not be a daily thing. If your menu is limited, add more of whatever you can eat...bigger vegetable and fruit servings, as those are not portioned like the protein is.

No rules on mixing spices. Use them freely as you like. For instance, I like chopped fresh cilantro mixed in with cucumber or grape tomatoes. i might use 1/4C or more. I don't consider that overuse or vegetable mixing. Or maybe have some roasted garlic cloves. You don't have to count that as something to measure.

Strawberries have been flagged as a possible sensitivity trigger for some people, but there is not warning about them for P3. Enjoy your strawberries!

The veggies you will be eating in P3 will pretty much all be lower carb, because you will be avoiding root vegetables. Those are the starchy ones. So don't hold back on fats when you are eating low glycemic veggies---which should be all the time in P3. You are right to look at protein consumption as moderate. You can easily overdo protein.

You can have big salads with lots of extras...add mushrooms, cucumbers, tomatoes, all varieties of fresh greens and herbs. Why would you limit to 1 cup?

Strawberries in jello is fine, but you can also have strawberries in coconut cream or heavy cream (if doing dairy)
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview

My recent HCG round was with DietDoc. A full review of my experience and how the round progressed can be found here: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog is here

Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

R/P/M
    R5/P3/Ovidac (Rx, SubQ)
    Blog Entries
    You are right that its unlikely you would need a different dose than 125iu if you are doing intra muscular injection

Bacteriostatic water and bacteriostatic sodium chloride are interchangeable with the one-dose sodium chloride that comes with the vials as far as measurements go.

Grammy says the IM method that works best for her is to twist around and inject into the upper hip. There are other options like outer thigh, but the hip one likely the least painful.

Vaseline is fine for P2. Also mineral oil, glycerine and basic soaps like dial and zest.

Its best to stay as close to 500 calories as you can, at least within 50 calories. Going below should not be a daily thing. If your menu is limited, add more of whatever you can eat...bigger vegetable and fruit servings, as those are not portioned like the protein is.

No rules on mixing spices. Use them freely as you like. For instance, I like chopped fresh cilantro mixed in with cucumber or grape tomatoes. i might use 1/4C or more. I don't consider that overuse or vegetable mixing. Or maybe have some roasted garlic cloves. You don't have to count that as something to measure.

Strawberries have been flagged as a possible sensitivity trigger for some people, but there is not warning about them for P3. Enjoy your strawberries!

The veggies you will be eating in P3 will pretty much all be lower carb, because you will be avoiding root vegetables. Those are the starchy ones. So don't hold back on fats when you are eating low glycemic veggies---which should be all the time in P3. You are right to look at protein consumption as moderate. You can easily overdo protein.

You can have big salads with lots of extras...add mushrooms, cucumbers, tomatoes, all varieties of fresh greens and herbs. Why would you limit to 1 cup?

Strawberries in jello is fine, but you can also have strawberries in coconut cream or heavy cream (if doing dairy)
    Thank you, Leez!!! This is all information I should have asked before; glad I finally asked.

And as to the spices issue....well! I can at least "live a little" more in the next round. Very helpful!!

And ohhh...I am SOOO excited about the P3 "strawberries in heavy cream" suggestion! That is so awesome!!

//My meal planning strategy//

As to "why would you limit to 1 cup?" that's a FODMAP thing; when planning out meals, to stay within FODMAP limits, the phrase to keep in mind is "the dose makes the poison"....and this varies among foods.

Some foods have lower levels of FODMAPs; some foods have higher levels of FODMAPs.

So, to make sure I have a good "default setting" of planning out meals that will usually fall within FODMAP limits/guidelines, I tend to plan out smaller meals (including smaller portion sizes) as a rule, when thinking about the next day's meals.

Then, later, as I'm "fine-tuning" a meal plan for the day, I use my FODMAP database(s), apps, and whatnot to go through what I initially had in mind and make more exact calculations. I then know what my FODMAP limit will be for the day. Next, I'll then increase a portion (or lower it) per meal, if I even need to, based on overall FODMAP content.

This technique gives me much greater flexibility, peace of mind, and ultimately gives me a greater amount of variety in my diet. I think of it as "brainstorming and then working backwards." It helps me work within a limited dietary framework successfully without completely losing my mind. LOL. It's how I plan out all my menus.
    Looking for info on the famed "Chicken Thigh Day" (CTD)? Here it is: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/entry.php?b=16708

Wondering how you can hold your loss after the Chicken Thigh Day, or any correction day? Try the "Post-Correction Day Strategy" (PCDS): http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/entry.php?b=16711

I'm using "MyNetDiary Pro"...I highly recommend it. Huge, ACCURATE Food Database! It's at http://www.mynetdiary.com

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    Limiting for FODMAP reasons makes perfect sense.

I just wanted to be sure P2 menu restrictions were not carried over into P3.

Here's to a peaceful and successful stabilization.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview

My recent HCG round was with DietDoc. A full review of my experience and how the round progressed can be found here: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog is here

Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

R/P/M
    R5/P3/Ovidac (Rx, SubQ)
    Blog Entries
    Limiting for FODMAP reasons makes perfect sense.

I just wanted to be sure P2 menu restrictions were not carried over into P3.

Here's to a peaceful and successful stabilization.
    Thanks, Leez!

Started P3 today; thank GOD, haha.

I'll move my future questions to P3 forums after today, but these developments (below) have me a little, well....concerned.

STRANGE SYMPTOMS the past few days:
    Since the "strawberry obsession" on Thursday around 5 PM, which basically was hunger with a headache....my symptoms have been getting weirder. Friday around 5 PM, hunger was stronger (as was the headache) -- coupled with a sharp drop in energy. Saturday was quite strong around that time too, headache also increased like before; energy also was low after 5 PM but instead of having low energy, it was basically non-existent energy. In fact, I would describe yesterday as me feeling like I had the flu.

TODAY IS EVEN ODDER:
    Today, I feel "odd" from the moment I woke up. And the kind of "odd" I feel is....like I have cotton stuffed in my ears. Yet when I speak, my head hurts -- like as if I had a hangover. And, funny enough, I've never had a hangover in my entire life (it's true). Not that I've never drank, but my liver seems to be a "fast operator" according to my doctor. It's a "more efficient than other livers" kind of liver. Odd but true. So you'd expect my ability to come out of hCG as probably better than other peoples' based on that, right??? Perhaps it is; in the past, Hucog NEVER made me feel like this. Ovidac, tho....oh man. I've never felt ANY of these symptoms. But back to how I feel today. I feel what I can only guess a hangover would feel like. Groggy. Hurts my head to speak. Like I'm kind of "floating" as I walk. The most bizarre thing I could have ever expected to feel on P3. Somewhere between what I've felt with the flu in the past....and what I imagine a hangover would feel like.

So, questions:

1.) ARE THESE WEIRD assortment of symptoms....I mean...IS THIS ALL NORMAL? LOL probably not....so is there something I can DO??? Is this a sign of my needing to eat something like...more sugar, or more fat, or more protein??

2.) WHAT amount of calories should I be aiming for as I enter P3? Like....according to my app (MyNetDiary), I should be eating 1698 calories per day to maintain my LIW of 127.4.....but all "rules" for that sort of thing changes when you add in the hCG Protocol. SO DO I EAT MORE THAN 1698 CALORIES?? I'm 5'1" so that I suppose sounds about right, but I have no idea at this point, lol. Do I only eat when I'm hungry? What is the ideal amount of calories I should be eating, basically...??

//Good news//
    I'm back exactly at LIW -- past two days was 126.6, but this AM, went back up to 127.4

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    It sounds like the ear thing is an allergic response to something. Or maybe you picked up a bug. Because of the headache, something that might help is to make sure you are hydrated. Maybe add some mineral salt to your water, as it increases your ability to absorb the water. You could be drinking enough, but its not getting to your tissues.

The kind of symptoms you are describing don't sound like they are related the HCG. Oddly, the "floating" feeling is a feeling I get on the first loading day when the HCG begins to activate in my system. But its not an unpleasant sensation, just odd.

However, I don't really see how that could be from the HCG after its already out of your system.

There is no ideal amount of calories. Really, you should forget about calories except to check if you are eating enough. The best plan is to eat to satisfaction (not fullness) every time you are hungry, and then eat again when you are hungry again. Don't defer hunger.

You want to get calories up to a normal level for you as quickly as you comfortably can. It can help ramp up calories to concentrate on the good fats the first couple of days when your capacity is still low. We usually say you are aiming at least for 1500 calories, but since you are small, at least try to get to 1200 as quickly as you can, and then increase from there as your appetite and capacity calls for. You should easily be able to eat your 1700 calorie target in P3 and even beyond and stay in your window.

R/P/M
    R5/P3/Ovidac (Rx, SubQ)
    Blog Entries
    It sounds like the ear thing is an allergic response to something. Or maybe you picked up a bug. Because of the headache, something that might help is to make sure you are hydrated. Maybe add some mineral salt to your water, as it increases your ability to absorb the water. You could be drinking enough, but its not getting to your tissues.

The kind of symptoms you are describing don't sound like they are related the HCG. Oddly, the "floating" feeling is a feeling I get on the first loading day when the HCG begins to activate in my system. But its not an unpleasant sensation, just odd.

However, I don't really see how that could be from the HCG after its already out of your system.

There is no ideal amount of calories. Really, you should forget about calories except to check if you are eating enough. The best plan is to eat to satisfaction (not fullness) every time you are hungry, and then eat again when you are hungry again. Don't defer hunger.

You want to get calories up to a normal level for you as quickly as you comfortably can. It can help ramp up calories to concentrate on the good fats the first couple of days when your capacity is still low. We usually say you are aiming at least for 1500 calories, but since you are small, at least try to get to 1200 as quickly as you can, and then increase from there as your appetite and capacity calls for. You should easily be able to eat your 1700 calorie target in P3 and even beyond and stay in your window.
    Thanks, Leez!

//The likely culprit//

I had the same thought about the head-stuffiness -- "possibly a bug."

Whenever I felt "off" during this round, I took my temperature. During the entire round (including yesterday, with these symptoms) I never had a fever, not even a slight one....not even once. So at least we can rule that out.

It's likely the pathogen I have in my gut acting up. That's the only explanation as to "what"....

The "why is it acting up??" is the tougher question. One I'm still looking into.

//Cotton//

So imho, the "ears stuffed like cotton" is due to high levels of histamine in my system. Courtesy of the little (seemingly) unkillable little pathogen in my gut that loves to remind me that it's still here. LOL.

//Floating//

The "floating" feeling....it was something that only lasted significantly until around lunchtime; when I started to get towards mid-afternoon and had exceeded the 1,000 calorie mark, that feeling went away. I'm thinking it's a form of light-headedness that comes with low blood sugar. A diabetic apparently would feel the same feeling if they were going hypoglycemic (according to medical literature).

SO imho it was a lack of enough calories to meet the fact that my body was like, "hey, there's no hCG here now....WHY IS THERE NOT ALSO MORE FOOD, HUH??"

Perhaps hCG itself has a "glucose-lowering effect." This would make sense in a way, because you are switching over from the body using outside sources as its primary fuel source to using fat as a fuel source -- your own body fat.

Fat has ketones -- no glucose. This is because fat has to store energy a certain way, so that energy becomes ketones. Even if what you ate had glucose in it.

And what is the "default setting" on the form of energy your brain prefers...? Oh, it's most definitely glucose. Your body needs "training" to become adapted to using ketones over glucose -- it's not it's first choice to use fat as its fuel. Not for the body or the brain.

So, thinking along these lines, then: if your loading days are mostly fat-centric anyhow (which is how most people apparently do it, myself included)....you're not eating enough glucose -- at least, not as much as your brain believes you should normally have. Then, adding in hCG which is accessing physical fat stores (which will be, undoubtedly fat calories there and not readily available glucose)...that could add to the issue of not enough blood sugar available for the brain. Because fat stores will have ketones for energy, and you would not be "keto-adapted" the first day of injecting hCG.

That feeling of floating has everything to do with brain energy. And the brain inherently prefers glucose over ketones. It has to be "trained" to use ketones as an energy source, and it takes a little time to do that.

So because hCG is accessing fat, as Simeons said it would, then perhaps the 'first day' as you described, the loading day....covers a "ramp up period" when the body (and brain included) becomes keto-adapted versus relying upon it's preferred source of fuel -- glucose. Then, after a few days, with the assistance of hCG, the body is then able to use the ketones from your own broken-down body fat as fuel, because it has hCG helping it adapt. But before the hCG becomes fully effective, you are not fully keto-adapted, and the brain is still looking for glucose that it is not able to find. So it gets lightheaded...."floaty."

Perhaps most credibly, even beyond my hypothesis, is this: the "floaty" feeling is not new to doctors. In fact, they give a standard caution to people with blood sugar issues. Such as, "make sure you take this hard candy piece with you to keep in case of emergency, if you get 'lightheaded'..." And they call it 'lightheaded' as in, "your head is a balloon." I suppose "floaty" doesn't sound very "doctor-like"....so they say "lightheaded" instead. So imho, the floaty/lightheadedness issue is in fact a sign of the brain not getting the preferred level of glucose.

HOW EXACTLY that mechanism is occurring is less known. This is due to limited literature on hCG and its direct effect on the body's adaptation to using your own body fat as fuel -- which is undoubtedly pure ketones -- as well as the first few days of it dealing with lowered blood glucose levels. That would all need to be investigated further to know for sure.

These are all of course just educated guesses at this point, due to the limited information we have available to us on hCG itself. To really be sure it was tied to blood glucose being too low for the brain that involves some particular action of hCG, you would have to do a few tests. Such as a blood glucose test, like with diabetic blood glucose monitoring devices and strips you'd buy at Walgreens or Walmart Pharmacy or whatnot. It'd be easy enough to test for, if you were prepared ahead of time with the necessary equipment of course. Then, you would also need to go buy ketone monitoring devices and/or strips, so you could measure the level of ketones in the blood each day -- at the height of the lightheadedness particularly.

I won't be testing for any of it, though. Not anytime soon.

For now, I'm still gathering my brain cells up from a rough P2 and attempting to get through this current P3. I'll play detective some other time, when I have more energy and purpose to do so. Still worth looking into, just not now, I think.

//Today//

I'm about 75% back to "I FEEL LIKE A PERSON AGAIN." Thank God.

Hydrating and eating around 1500 calories (great suggestion, thank you Leez) seems to be good. I ate 1453 calories yesterday, and as a result, I went up a little on the scale from yesterday (which was a perfect LIW match -- 127.4) to 128.6, but seeing as how that is only 1.2 lbs and likely due solely to amping up into a more tolerable level of calories and fat, I'm not going to freak out about it. I'll take total calories down to somewhere between 1200 to 1500 today -- closer to 1200 than 1500 -- and see if that does anything on the scale tomorrow morning.

//Approach in P3 I'll be using//

I will be doing more carbs than previous P3s; low-GI carbs at least. Berries will now become a staple throughout P3 for me. So thanks again for that, dear Leez; cannot thank you enough for teaching me about berries. Really looking forward to incorporating them every day in new, creative ways.

//Cooking oil//

I'll be cooking with ghee (goat's milk ghee -- far more tolerable and digestible than cow's milk ghee, which for P3 I believe is crucial).....I'm sort of on a "everything goat" trend at the moment, so this should be a fun culinary adventure.

//Eggs//

I will not do eggs, as they have always been questionable for me in P3. Not P4, just P3 for some reason.

//Overall//

I'll definitely incorporating dairy, berries, green salad (leaves of various types), avoiding goitrogens like kale and the like whenever possible in P3 (reintroducing them in P4 and beyond if I feel like it...never kale though, because kale is disgusting and is rife with heavy metals as a rule, even organic).....and hoping for the best. And proteins for me during this P3 will primarily be pork, chicken, and beef. Maybe some shellfish, maybe not. Budget will be a limiting factor here.

//Recipes of the future//

After I get into P4, I'm going to craft some better recipes than I used this round. For all phases. And use them in my upcoming round. This way, I'll have them ready, so I won't have to scramble for solutions when I do need to eat without spending much mental energy to do so.

I'll even freeze a few complete meals ahead of time, versus "components" of meals as I always do. The less thinking and effort to make a meal in any phase during an hCG round, the better. LOL oh man...I don't think people can appreciate JUST how critical it is to be able to go on "auto-pilot" during P2. So, the more you have prepped as a whole meal ahead of time, the better!

//My deep gratitude//

Thanks again for all your help, Leez. I cannot thank you enough. <3

I'll take any future questions to a P3 forum after this entry.

Have a wonderful day.....

Hi GonnaLoseIt- I used Vaseline lip balm (rose) during P2 and did well. The first time I seemed to do well with all products, but when I restarted, every time I wore lip balm, lipstick, lotions, leave in conditioner etc. I stalled (for days). So that was enough to convince me.
    Start 320 * Current 195.6* Goal 150
    P3

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122