Popular Pages :


Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 169 to 180 of 372

Thread: Lovely Losers 2020 - OBTAINING in October!!

  1. #169
    Super Member! FlirtyFlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Johannesburg, South Africa
    Posts
    2,293
    Blog Entries
    2
    Mrs Strong
    I notice that you guys in the US uses 4 oz as a measure which in fact is more than 100gm.. (113gm) and you still have results..just an interesting observation
    I find that about 7 medium strawberries= 200gm... (yes I measure10

    "My cronometer app counts 333 cals."
    Thanks for this - My fitness pal is difficult to manage on my phone so will give this one a try

    "I usually cook with tomato which has less calories than an orange too. Wondering if I should add gluten free grissini? "
    If you are not near 500calories I will not mess with anything to bring calories further down... Even WITH HCG you risk putting your body in Metabolic lockdown.... and one type of lockdown at this time is enough to deal with....

    Also having said that - We are lucky to find the right types of Grissini here in SA... Gluten free would be like hens teeth
    But seriously... those two bread sticks are part of a well researched protocol....if you feel uneasy, maybe switch to melba toast - I just don't find the Melba as gratifying as a bread stick
    ~AKA Yvonne SA~
    Greetings from Sunny South Africa!
    First round since 2015!
    Sept '20 - Wk 1= -4.2/9.24 | wk 2= -1.3/2.86 | Wk 3= -1.4/3.08 | Wk 4= -1.3/2.86 | Wk 5= -1/2.2 | Week 6= -.8/.44 | Total loss 10kg/ 22lbs - LIW 178.4
    P3 end week 1 - Up 2.43 (Steak day16 Nov) | P3 end week 2 - on LIW | P3 end week 3 - up .66

  2. #170
    Super Member! FlirtyFlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Johannesburg, South Africa
    Posts
    2,293
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by t1ghtwad View Post
    .
    Days when I have 2 servings of fish are the hardest to fit all my calories in. But I do try to stretch them to 500 (once I am over 400) if I am not being physically active that day and I am not hungry. If I am, I just eat more vegetables. There is no limit given on vegetables other than the calorie limit for the day.
    I find it is the same with me, now I am doing a beef and Fish day to ensure my calories are at or near 500... the weird thing is... for me the meal sizes are enough so tend to go to 100gm of everything as a portion size except for my orange - because we are in Citrus season now and our oranges are huge so half an orange for me is 180gm... also helps me to get more accurate Calculations..also never buy the nice big apples - I use the kiddies lunch box apples....
    and although I tend to list EVERYTHINg even my teas which account no calories it is listed.. I list my cinnamon, my braggs... but allow about 25calories for herbs, lemon juice etc

    Also when on P2 I hardly use spices... except for maybe Cinnamon and stick to herbs...
    ~AKA Yvonne SA~
    Greetings from Sunny South Africa!
    First round since 2015!
    Sept '20 - Wk 1= -4.2/9.24 | wk 2= -1.3/2.86 | Wk 3= -1.4/3.08 | Wk 4= -1.3/2.86 | Wk 5= -1/2.2 | Week 6= -.8/.44 | Total loss 10kg/ 22lbs - LIW 178.4
    P3 end week 1 - Up 2.43 (Steak day16 Nov) | P3 end week 2 - on LIW | P3 end week 3 - up .66

  3. #171
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Midwest US
    R/P/M
    P2
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneSA View Post
    Miss M....
    It is winter time for you... so here are a few tips for you to make and freeze
    Cauliflower
    Make a Roasted Cauliflower and Blue cheese soup ... (it does not have to be blue cheese but it give a nice smokey flavour)
    Roast Cauliflower and some onions with a splash of olive/coconut oli
    Make a soup... add chicken or veg broth....season ..a bit of garlic, not too much...
    Blitz this and freeze in portion
    When you are on P3...
    Defrost.. heat and stir in Sour cream and Blue Cheese to taste...
    This is Yummy!! (I won a cooking competition using this as my starter)

    with the rest... we don't really get Kale here a lot, Dont like zucchini and an don't like bell peppers cooked,,,, BUT
    You can make either big or individual sized (Crust free) Quiches and freeze for easy on the go snacks or lunch with a salad... order some extra mushroom and I can imagine Zucchini, Kale and Mushroom quiche will go down a treat...
    I would also think bell pepper and Onion
    Bell Peper and Kale should work as well...
    All of these you can add a heap of fresh herbs for flavor or even a touch of chili if you are so inclined
    also I think you make like this....freezable zucchini slices

    Also look at making Cauliflower Piza Crusts for the freezer - heaps of flour free recipes available when you google
    Zucchini bread (even added kale) but for this yu have to use alternate flours...
    And of course my go to is always soup... I cut up veggies and mix them all in a ziplock bag and when I make soup I use this to make my stock and even blitz it as a base

    and the nice thing about these quiches is that you can serve it as a light lunch for family and friends and they will never know they are eating your diet food.... early this year I was just weight conscious and thus Carb conscious... we went to a charity Cricket day and I am always in charge of snacks/lunch and I used my car-free wraps with sensible fillings and my friends loved it!....
    Waste not want not my mum used to say!
    Wise woman, your mum!

    Thank you, Yvonne! You sound like quite the gourmand! Wonderful ideas. . . . I especially like the soup ideas, though I'm a bit low on broth at the moment.

    I may make zoodles with the zucchini and cauliflower "rice", maybe just chop the peppers and kale and have all of it frozen on hand for my very lazy but delicious one-pot meals I tend to make on the spot with ground meat, seasonings, veggies, and sometimes an egg on top. This is my P3 and beyond go-to paleo meal in a pinch.

    Unfortunately, I'm off dairy for the foreseeable future after a casein intolerance diagnosis. . . .

  4. #172
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Midwest US
    R/P/M
    P2
    Posts
    274
    Another drop on the scale this morning to 156. This is starting to feel really good. And I'm happy with my decision to keep going for a 40-day round of injections. I marked it out on the calendar: my LIW will be Oct. 30 and I will begin P3 Monday, Nov. 2. How does that compare to others of you on similar timetables?

    I really do love that this will take us through the holidays. I need it this year. I'll be sticking to my doc's recommendation to stabilize for 8 weeks following P2 with no sugar, dairy, grains, starches during that time. However, I've been dreaming about potatoes lately and I may allow myself to experiment once or twice with them during that time. We'll see.

    You all are much more exacting than I am with the calorie counting. I'm impressed! I'm definitely weighing all my raw protein and sticking mostly to fish and seafood with some chicken breast and beef once or twice a week. But I tend to eat less than 100g of beef when I have it. 3 oz rather than 3.5 oz.

    I also am not always strict about eating only one kind of vegetable per meal, though I generally stick to 2 cups per meal, 4 cups per day. For example, when I make my oven roasted fish packets, I'll put a pile of fennel with some onion and garlic and a few sliced grape tomatoes beneath the fish fillet and sometimes eat it on top of salad greens. But by and large I am sticking to cabbage or spinach or green beans. Keeping it simple is fine with me.

    I think I'll venture out for grapefruit and strawberries today. Nothing but apples left in my meager fruit bin. I have found I'm rediscovering granny smith apples and enjoying the tartness of them--whether raw or sliced and cooked with my cabbage creations. Oh, and I'm going in search of some lean ground chicken to make some meatballs to have on hand. Decided since I'm going a few more weeks better try some "new" things to keep it interesting.

    Happy Wednesday, friends!

  5. #173
    Super Member! FlirtyFlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Johannesburg, South Africa
    Posts
    2,293
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineMissM View Post
    Unfortunately, I'm off dairy for the foreseeable future after a casein intolerance diagnosis. . . .
    Instead of Quiches you can Consider Fritatas... contains no cheese only if you want
    For cream - get the dairy free substitute

    Yes I love cooking and entertaining and making pretty food....I entered the South African version Of Come dine With Me South Africa.... was nerve racking but loved it...especially the fact that I won't....
    ~AKA Yvonne SA~
    Greetings from Sunny South Africa!
    First round since 2015!
    Sept '20 - Wk 1= -4.2/9.24 | wk 2= -1.3/2.86 | Wk 3= -1.4/3.08 | Wk 4= -1.3/2.86 | Wk 5= -1/2.2 | Week 6= -.8/.44 | Total loss 10kg/ 22lbs - LIW 178.4
    P3 end week 1 - Up 2.43 (Steak day16 Nov) | P3 end week 2 - on LIW | P3 end week 3 - up .66

  6. #174
    Super Member! FlirtyFlo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Johannesburg, South Africa
    Posts
    2,293
    Blog Entries
    2
    Miss D
    I am seriously very happy that I have been sticking to protocol like a maniac, otherwise, I would have been crawling up the walls by now blaming myself for doing something wrong.... I can check myfitnesspal and see my results from the previous day against it and know all I have to do is to trust the process.... Admittedly where I am now has been a know Block - so I know if will move big soon enough
    ~AKA Yvonne SA~
    Greetings from Sunny South Africa!
    First round since 2015!
    Sept '20 - Wk 1= -4.2/9.24 | wk 2= -1.3/2.86 | Wk 3= -1.4/3.08 | Wk 4= -1.3/2.86 | Wk 5= -1/2.2 | Week 6= -.8/.44 | Total loss 10kg/ 22lbs - LIW 178.4
    P3 end week 1 - Up 2.43 (Steak day16 Nov) | P3 end week 2 - on LIW | P3 end week 3 - up .66

  7. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneSA View Post
    Mrs Strong
    I notice that you guys in the US uses 4 oz as a measure which in fact is more than 100gm.. (113gm) and you still have results..just an interesting observation
    I find that about 7 medium strawberries= 200gm... (yes I measure10

    "My cronometer app counts 333 cals."
    Thanks for this - My fitness pal is difficult to manage on my phone so will give this one a try

    "I usually cook with tomato which has less calories than an orange too. Wondering if I should add gluten free grissini? "
    If you are not near 500calories I will not mess with anything to bring calories further down... Even WITH HCG you risk putting your body in Metabolic lockdown.... and one type of lockdown at this time is enough to deal with....

    Also having said that - We are lucky to find the right types of Grissini here in SA... Gluten free would be like hens teeth
    But seriously... those two bread sticks are part of a well researched protocol....if you feel uneasy, maybe switch to melba toast - I just don't find the Melba as gratifying as a bread stick
    I was told last time by the mods here that when not eating the grissini that it was OK to raise the protein to 4oz. So off protocol but with mod experience/approval. Calories are otherwise really too low. I actually need to make sure I raise both portions to 4oz, not just one. The grissini would have to be gluten-free and well, I usually remain grain-free so it not an easy choice. I prefer raising the protein especially since I work out and right, it has not affected me in the past at all!

    Yes, I want to raise the calories. I should eat two fruits and not skip one, which I sometimes do because when not on HCG, eating too many carbs gets the weight gain cycle going for me. I know I don't have to worry about this when doing this diet but it is so engrained by now that it is hard to retrain.
    What I meant though was that when I use a tomato with a veggie, I use it as a fruit and this results in lower cals since a tomato has way less calories than an orange. That is my problem with tomato. A large tomato (3") is still half the cals of a medium orange! See the conundrum?

    Well my weight is the same as yesterday, so stuck on the gain. My body better be doing some other magic!

    ETA: Scallops are not a P2 food from what I can tell. I think I need to freeze them until P3

  8. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineMissM View Post
    Another drop on the scale this morning to 156. This is starting to feel really good. And I'm happy with my decision to keep going for a 40-day round of injections. I marked it out on the calendar: my LIW will be Oct. 30 and I will begin P3 Monday, Nov. 2. How does that compare to others of you on similar timetables?

    I really do love that this will take us through the holidays. I need it this year. I'll be sticking to my doc's recommendation to stabilize for 8 weeks following P2 with no sugar, dairy, grains, starches during that time. However, I've been dreaming about potatoes lately and I may allow myself to experiment once or twice with them during that time. We'll see.

    You all are much more exacting than I am with the calorie counting. I'm impressed! I'm definitely weighing all my raw protein and sticking mostly to fish and seafood with some chicken breast and beef once or twice a week. But I tend to eat less than 100g of beef when I have it. 3 oz rather than 3.5 oz.

    I also am not always strict about eating only one kind of vegetable per meal, though I generally stick to 2 cups per meal, 4 cups per day. For example, when I make my oven roasted fish packets, I'll put a pile of fennel with some onion and garlic and a few sliced grape tomatoes beneath the fish fillet and sometimes eat it on top of salad greens. But by and large I am sticking to cabbage or spinach or green beans. Keeping it simple is fine with me.

    I think I'll venture out for grapefruit and strawberries today. Nothing but apples left in my meager fruit bin. I have found I'm rediscovering granny smith apples and enjoying the tartness of them--whether raw or sliced and cooked with my cabbage creations. Oh, and I'm going in search of some lean ground chicken to make some meatballs to have on hand. Decided since I'm going a few more weeks better try some "new" things to keep it interesting.

    Happy Wednesday, friends!
    Wonderful! My last day of drops is 11/9, and P3 on the 13th. Planning on many delicious P3 recipes for the holidays! Thankful too because this is usually a time that I gain because I indulge. I have been able to get it off in the past but just not going there because of P3 makes it much easier.

    Your fish packets sound wonderful! I will plan for some with fennel since my steak and fennel puree plan fell through for now. I think some onion and garlic is allowed? You can use the tomato as your fruit (use a large other fruit to make up cals since tomato is so low in calories). Then skip the lettuce and you are totally POP! Green beans are not protocol though?

  9. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by t1ghtwad View Post
    Donít forget to count your seasonings (you probably have them in there, but just didnít list them) I usually figure about 25 unless I use a lot of onion and/or garlic...

    I also would eat more strawberries if that is an option (because I love berries!). Dr. Simeon mentioned something of his patients having issues when they were below the 400 calorie mark, so I am always happy when my menu works out to 425 to 500. Days when I have 2 servings of fish are the hardest to fit all my calories in. But I do try to stretch them to 500 (once I am over 400) if I am not being physically active that day and I am not hungry. If I am, I just eat more vegetables. There is no limit given on vegetables other than the calorie limit for the day.
    Actually, t1ghtwad, I went back and added my T of mustard when I make cucumber salad! 9 cals. And I added the T of whole milk I forgot. Still under 400 though! I will eat more veggies!

  10. #178
    Senior Member poweredbystarbucks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    R/P/M
    R5?/P2/injections
    Posts
    559
    151.6 today so Iím maintaining. First P3 I have had an easy time stabilizing Lovely Losers 2020 - OBTAINING in October!! probably because Iím sober. Staying away from sweets still but the pumpkin pie is yelling at me in the stores!! Off to read the updates.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #179
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Midwest US
    R/P/M
    P2
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsstrong View Post
    Wonderful! My last day of drops is 11/9, and P3 on the 13th. Planning on many delicious P3 recipes for the holidays! Thankful too because this is usually a time that I gain because I indulge. I have been able to get it off in the past but just not going there because of P3 makes it much easier.

    Your fish packets sound wonderful! I will plan for some with fennel since my steak and fennel puree plan fell through for now. I think some onion and garlic is allowed? You can use the tomato as your fruit (use a large other fruit to make up cals since tomato is so low in calories). Then skip the lettuce and you are totally POP! Green beans are not protocol though?
    Agreed 100% about the holidays!

    Oh well, I guess my doctor's protocol is slightly different from Simeon's or the one you're following. I haven't had a problem with green beans or four or five grape tomatoes as part of my two cups of fennel or an extra 10 calories of lettuce here and there, so I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and tweak if and when needed. Thanks for the input, though.

  12. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineMissM View Post
    Agreed 100% about the holidays!

    Oh well, I guess my doctor's protocol is slightly different from Simeon's or the one you're following. I haven't had a problem with green beans or four or five grape tomatoes as part of my two cups of fennel or an extra 10 calories of lettuce here and there, so I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and tweak if and when needed. Thanks for the input, though.
    Of course! My shrimp/fennel/tomato/herbs/garlic packet is in the oven! I am going to love it, I can tell! Thanks for the idea!

Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •