Popular Pages :


Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast
Results 373 to 384 of 471

Thread: Lovely Losers 2021- MAKING IT in May!

  1. #373

    Lovely Losers 2021- MAKING IT in May!

    Quote Originally Posted by PhoebeS View Post
    Looks like you are doing great!! P3 is a bit scary to me but it looks like you are rocking it!! If you have any tips to share, I would love to hear them! Escpecially with me traveling... eeek!
    This time has really been the most straightforward without effort. Last time I stabilized a pound above LDW and had fluctuations. I didnít realize coconut affected me the way it did (after all these years eating it!) and still need to test it. I also think nuts may be an issue so I decided to stabilize well first and then add things I suspect are an issue. The Outer Aisle is ingredient wise fine and I did try plantain once. I would not have if I had had weight issues.

    This was yesterdayís meal and it is pretty typical for a summer meal:
    B: 1 1/2-2 cups of full fat yogurt (ETA: I add berries regularly)
    L: Ground pork sausage, blueberries, lettuce (ETA: usually there are raw chopped veggies in the mix) with avocado and vinaigrette, Lilyís choc for dessert
    D: bacon, asparagus, scallops, lettuce with avocado and dressing, Lilyís choc for dessert

    I add cheese and/or bacon bits to my salads too sometimes. My (dinner size) plate is always full and 98% of the time I eat it all.

    Itís pretty high fat so I think I am getting enough calories but I am not counting which is new to me. Havenít felt like snacking. If I feel a little hungry, I have some coffee or tea with whipping cream.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Intermountain HHCG
    Goal 150
    R3
    P2 6/28
    PI 7/24-8/3
    P2 8/4-8/19
    P3 8/22
    P4 9/13
    LDW 149.2

  2. #374
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlyMae View Post
    Iím a slow learner.

    I am becoming a believer. I made it to 1560 calories yesterday. I never had that T-bone, tho. The Steakhouse ?Bacon? made me nauseated most of the day. Like car sick.

    So I had Yogurt, twice, a protein drink, cottage cheese and finally a diet ginger beer which relieved the nausea. I was just trying to get calories in, but eat on program at the same time. I even had my little bowl of raspberries With a squirt of ready whip before bed.

    Down 1.2. Back to goal and under LDW.

    I had 59 net carbs! Ive never counted or tracked carbs or calories in P3. The P 2.0 book has very little guidance for P3. It says to divide our calories daily so that we get 40% protein 40% fat and 20% carbs. Not sure how to know how many ďcarb caloriesĒ one gets.

    But hello! Duh. Going back to Dr. S, he never says to count carbs. He includes fruit like apples and berries on P2. Even lets you eat breadsticks. He just says not to eat sugar or a lot of starches or processed food.

    I think I have gotten all the talk about keto mixed up with P3Over the years. Keto is to lose weight. P3 is to maintain and stabilize.

    Duh.

    Every carb gram I had was again from dairy, non-starchy vegetables, plus tiny apple and raspberries. The cottage cheese had as many carbs as the raspberries. Oh, and here is a twist! The IHOP ?bacon? had as many carbs in one slice as a cup of cottage cheese. What do they put in to stuff???

    Anyway, made real bacon ( note: zero carbs) for breakfast with waffles. Another variation of Suzanne Somerís oopsie rolls. Its actually ĎEasy Peasy Pancakesí (eggs and cream cheese and vanilla) cooked up in a mini-waffle maker, topped w berries and ready whip. THATíS a P3 breakfast! Pbbbbth IHOP.

    Must mow. Again. I just love green grass w a butch haircut.
    P



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You donít lose on keto unless you cut fat. Itís kind of a myth that keto = always weight loss. I maintained my weight loss for years on keto. So it depends. P3 is very easily keto for people unless you eat enough fruit to not be keto.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Intermountain HHCG
    Goal 150
    R3
    P2 6/28
    PI 7/24-8/3
    P2 8/4-8/19
    P3 8/22
    P4 9/13
    LDW 149.2

  3. #375
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubbles View Post
    mrsstrong, I wanna stablize 2 lb under last dose weight too Please, pretty please! Good job


    AFM: We unexpectedly went out to dinner with a couple of friends of ours. They called and asked, it was 5 in the afternoon--but I could tell DH wanted to go, so we went. I had a piece of grilled chicken and a wedge salad with Ranch dressing. I used the entire little cup of dressing and ate the bacon bits and bits of bleu cheese on the wedge of lettuce. The chicken I am pretty sure had hardly anything on it, they didn't even dress it up with some greenery! Ha. It didn't look pretty but tasted really good. I also had 2 bites of DH's dessert, but only 2. Some kind of salted carmel cookie with vanilla ice-cream (yum) Was afraid to weigh this a.m. but didn't gain, actually dropped .2 I'll take that. However, I am not celebrating yet. Sometimes it is on the 2nd day that these kinds of cheats show up. It was totally p3 friendly, except for 2 bites of dessert. I didn't drink, but had a diet soda--which I never have in even p3, except for maybe when eating out. That may've been why no gain, no alcohol. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Only 6 more days of very low calorie eating, then P3 for long while. I need to join with Phoebe and really concentrate on drinking more water this week. Hope everyone is having a good Sunday--DH is playing golf, I'm heading out to garden center to look for a few more plants.
    I am really not sure what I am doing right other than doing what I did for years when keto and maintaining. I think my body went down to a former set point but itís a mystery. That said, I think I may be sensitive to nuts as well as coconut because unlike last round, I have not had those yet. I am now waiting longer to add those to check.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Intermountain HHCG
    Goal 150
    R3
    P2 6/28
    PI 7/24-8/3
    P2 8/4-8/19
    P3 8/22
    P4 9/13
    LDW 149.2

  4. #376
    Moderator sdwis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The Beach, FL
    R/P/M
    R1) Drops, R2) Tablets, R3) Injections R4) Injections
    Posts
    1,805
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsstrong View Post
    This time has really been the most straightforward without effort. Last time I stabilized a pound above LDW and had fluctuations. I didn’t realize coconut affected me the way it did (after all these years eating it!) and still need to test it. I also think nuts may be an issue so I decided to stabilize well first and then add things I suspect are an issue. The Outer Aisle is ingredient wise fine and I did try plantain once. I would not have if I had had weight issues.

    This was yesterday’s meal and it is pretty typical for a summer meal:
    B: 1 1/2-2 cups of full fat yogurt (ETA: I add berries regularly)
    L: Ground pork sausage, blueberries, lettuce (ETA: usually there are raw chopped veggies in the mix) with avocado and vinaigrette, Lily’s choc for dessert
    D: bacon, asparagus, scallops, lettuce with avocado and dressing, Lily’s choc for dessert

    I add cheese and/or bacon bits to my salads too sometimes. My (dinner size) plate is always full and 98% of the time I eat it all.

    It’s pretty high fat so I think I am getting enough calories but I am not counting which is new to me. Haven’t felt like snacking. If I feel a little hungry, I have some coffee or tea with whipping cream.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I found out in my first round that I was sensitive to coconut after trying to do as everyone else eating tons of coconut products and oil, and having bad gains each time. I also had the blood and hair sensitivity test which confirmed that coconut is one of my "highly sensitive" foods. I don't miss it one bit...
    The Moderator currently known as Coco :

    Stable @ 150 for over 7 years. Height - 5'10
    Starting Weight: 220 lbs.
    Lost 70+ lbs. in 4 rounds.
    Went from Size 14/16 at my heaviest weight to Size 4/6 NOW !!!

  5. #377
    Super Member!
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    R/P/M
    R6/P2/IM injections
    Posts
    1,038
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubbles View Post
    Happy Sunday JGD! So are you saying you have added Kind bars into p4 food, with no problems? They are my favorite bars. Actually, prob the only bar I do like. Would love to have occassionally on P4. P4 does sound tempting. And I agree with you, amazing to find I can eat on P3 and not gain. Leez never steers us wrong, and she is adamant about not being afraid to eat in P3. And I don't want to disappoint her! Ha!Thanks or keeping us posted.
    Yes on the Kind bars, but only the ones 5 grams of sugar or less...there are a few of those...

  6. #378
    Quote Originally Posted by sdwis View Post
    I found out in my first round that I was sensitive to coconut after trying to do as everyone else eating tons of coconut products and oil, and having bad gains each time. I also had the blood and hair sensitivity test which confirmed that coconut is one of my "highly sensitive" foods. I don't miss it one bit...
    I don't miss coconut oil, never liked it, or coconut milk, but I want to try coconut flakes in some yummy granola when it comes in. The jury is out. I can easily make my own without too but this is so handy.
    Intermountain HHCG
    Goal 150
    R3
    P2 6/28
    PI 7/24-8/3
    P2 8/4-8/19
    P3 8/22
    P4 9/13
    LDW 149.2

  7. #379
    I hope I didn't mess up my good streak here! Had some marinated meat this evening and the marinade contained sugar. I need to remember to always have some alternative just in case. Fingers crossed!

    Great day gardening here. My native plant patches are getting bigger and who knows, I may even qualify for the Native Habitat Certificate.
    Intermountain HHCG
    Goal 150
    R3
    P2 6/28
    PI 7/24-8/3
    P2 8/4-8/19
    P3 8/22
    P4 9/13
    LDW 149.2

  8. #380
    Super Member! Dubbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    R/P/M
    Started Round 1 January, 2020 WILL BE Injections, once received
    Posts
    3,799
    Blog Entries
    143
    It's MOnday! Again ! Surprised how quickly the time is going by on this return to P2. At first I thought it was going to drag, but after a few days, got my mind back in the game, and it is flying by! 6 more very low calorie days, counting today, and only 3 more hcg dose days. That will be a total of 39 dose days on this round, with a 15 day planned interruption in it. I'm not dreading the week, which is good.

    Hope everyone's weekend went well, and they are happy with this morning's weigh in.

    JGD, thanks for info on Kind bars. I like the almond salted carmel bars, they have a lot of fiber in them, with I think only 6 net carbs. They are super crunchy and delicious. Will proceed cautiously with them, in P4, when I get there! My biggest problem with them, is I could eat 2 at a time! They are good and not over filling, least I don't think so. Good luck on all your additions on P4. I really enjoyed some of the advice Leez gave you on another thread about P4.

    Phoebe, I don't remember your mentioning date of wedding. Is it early June, middle, late June? I bet everyone is getting excited by now. So glad dress zips up! You'll do fine with P3 as long as you read labels and really do as Dr. S recommends, no sugars or starches, and weigh daily, to help identify sensitivities, AND don't be afraid to eat. Pearly Mae has written about that lately. And Leez reminds us on hcg we are really using more than the 500 cal a day, drawing on stored fat for calories--so we are consuming more like 2000 calories a day. Dont want to go to p3 and reset at only 800-1000 calories a day. I tried to eat daily 1600-1800 calorie a day, at the very least. It has worked out so well for me this year, had no difficulty in Planned Interruptions or P3's to stablize, eating what I thought was quite a bit. Love it!

    AFM: this morning I dropped 1.8 lbs. Was kind of surprised. Very happy with that. Including load weight, I have lost 9.8 lb over last week, but only 5 of new virgin fat. But where else would I ever lose 5 lbs in a week? It is so good! Now am at 163.4. I need to go back to January 9th, look and see what my goal weight was, but I am pretty sure it was 160, and possibly 155... so only 3.4 to goal weight. We'll see what happens this week.
    Will add, during this return to P2 I have had my one cup of coffee each morning with sugar free creamer, and also have been putting on lotions on arms and legs--being outside, need those for moisturizing. Maybe I would've lost more without those 2 additions, but I was willing to take that chance, experiment of some sort. I drank black coffee for 3 months, and very skimpy lotions those months as well. Since January 9, total losses are now 42.6 lbs. Definitely see a difference.

    I'm with you mrsstrong, busy working in yard a little each day, before it gets too hot. Keeps me occupied, and days go quickly. Plan on going to our pool for the first time this summer sometime this week. Enjoy that because i then take the opportunity to read, for enjoyment, and also do some exercise in pool. So much easier on my knee doing some of those exercises with the benefit of water. Hoping everyone has a great week!

  9. #381
    Senior Member PhoebeS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Southern California
    R/P/M
    R1 loading day, May 1st
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsstrong View Post
    This time has really been the most straightforward without effort. Last time I stabilized a pound above LDW and had fluctuations. I didn’t realize coconut affected me the way it did (after all these years eating it!) and still need to test it. I also think nuts may be an issue so I decided to stabilize well first and then add things I suspect are an issue. The Outer Aisle is ingredient wise fine and I did try plantain once. I would not have if I had had weight issues.

    This was yesterday’s meal and it is pretty typical for a summer meal:
    B: 1 1/2-2 cups of full fat yogurt (ETA: I add berries regularly)
    L: Ground pork sausage, blueberries, lettuce (ETA: usually there are raw chopped veggies in the mix) with avocado and vinaigrette, Lily’s choc for dessert
    D: bacon, asparagus, scallops, lettuce with avocado and dressing, Lily’s choc for dessert

    I add cheese and/or bacon bits to my salads too sometimes. My (dinner size) plate is always full and 98% of the time I eat it all.

    It’s pretty high fat so I think I am getting enough calories but I am not counting which is new to me. Haven’t felt like snacking. If I feel a little hungry, I have some coffee or tea with whipping cream.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you!! I really do apprecaite seeing all of the food options, it gives me a good idea of what to eat! Sounds like coconut is an issue for a lot of people. I use coconut oil to cook with quit a bit so I will have to be careful with that!! Thanks again!
    Phoebe~ a.k.a. Karen (Phoebe was a nickname I grew up with that my late dad used to always call me)

    Taking it one day at a time!
    Today is a good day to have a good day!

    Starting R1P2
    Starting weight 183.5
    R1 LDW 165.7 (25 days of vlcd)
    R2 Start weight 170
    R2 LIW 152.4
    Height 5'8" & 53 years young

  10. #382
    Senior Member PhoebeS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Southern California
    R/P/M
    R1 loading day, May 1st
    Posts
    296
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubbles View Post
    It's MOnday! Again ! Surprised how quickly the time is going by on this return to P2. At first I thought it was going to drag, but after a few days, got my mind back in the game, and it is flying by! 6 more very low calorie days, counting today, and only 3 more hcg dose days. That will be a total of 39 dose days on this round, with a 15 day planned interruption in it. I'm not dreading the week, which is good.

    Hope everyone's weekend went well, and they are happy with this morning's weigh in.

    JGD, thanks for info on Kind bars. I like the almond salted carmel bars, they have a lot of fiber in them, with I think only 6 net carbs. They are super crunchy and delicious. Will proceed cautiously with them, in P4, when I get there! My biggest problem with them, is I could eat 2 at a time! They are good and not over filling, least I don't think so. Good luck on all your additions on P4. I really enjoyed some of the advice Leez gave you on another thread about P4.

    Phoebe, I don't remember your mentioning date of wedding. Is it early June, middle, late June? I bet everyone is getting excited by now. So glad dress zips up! You'll do fine with P3 as long as you read labels and really do as Dr. S recommends, no sugars or starches, and weigh daily, to help identify sensitivities, AND don't be afraid to eat. Pearly Mae has written about that lately. And Leez reminds us on hcg we are really using more than the 500 cal a day, drawing on stored fat for calories--so we are consuming more like 2000 calories a day. Dont want to go to p3 and reset at only 800-1000 calories a day. I tried to eat daily 1600-1800 calorie a day, at the very least. It has worked out so well for me this year, had no difficulty in Planned Interruptions or P3's to stablize, eating what I thought was quite a bit. Love it!

    AFM: this morning I dropped 1.8 lbs. Was kind of surprised. Very happy with that. Including load weight, I have lost 9.8 lb over last week, but only 5 of new virgin fat. But where else would I ever lose 5 lbs in a week? It is so good! Now am at 163.4. I need to go back to January 9th, look and see what my goal weight was, but I am pretty sure it was 160, and possibly 155... so only 3.4 to goal weight. We'll see what happens this week.
    Will add, during this return to P2 I have had my one cup of coffee each morning with sugar free creamer, and also have been putting on lotions on arms and legs--being outside, need those for moisturizing. Maybe I would've lost more without those 2 additions, but I was willing to take that chance, experiment of some sort. I drank black coffee for 3 months, and very skimpy lotions those months as well. Since January 9, total losses are now 42.6 lbs. Definitely see a difference.

    I'm with you mrsstrong, busy working in yard a little each day, before it gets too hot. Keeps me occupied, and days go quickly. Plan on going to our pool for the first time this summer sometime this week. Enjoy that because i then take the opportunity to read, for enjoyment, and also do some exercise in pool. So much easier on my knee doing some of those exercises with the benefit of water. Hoping everyone has a great week!
    Hi Dubbs, the wedding is actually on June 13th, we are headed out there on the 8th and my daughter and I will be staying at an airbnb with about 15 gals for a two day bachelorette party on the 9th and 10th, then to a hotel until we head back home on the 14th. Hopefully the airbnb has a scale there to weigh in but I don't think the hotel will so I will just have to make sure I try hard not to eat anything with sugar and/or starches. I just hope I don't come home with a 10 pound gain...if so, I should have maybe a few more days of hcg left, I will do the rest of it to try and get off any pounds I may have gained and use this time as a planned interruption. I was thinking that since I only am taking 125iu and the dosage is for 150 iu, I should have maybe 10 or more days when I return.
    Phoebe~ a.k.a. Karen (Phoebe was a nickname I grew up with that my late dad used to always call me)

    Taking it one day at a time!
    Today is a good day to have a good day!

    Starting R1P2
    Starting weight 183.5
    R1 LDW 165.7 (25 days of vlcd)
    R2 Start weight 170
    R2 LIW 152.4
    Height 5'8" & 53 years young

  11. #383
    Senior Member PhoebeS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Location
    Southern California
    R/P/M
    R1 loading day, May 1st
    Posts
    296
    AS for me... I was feeling bloated Saturday, chugged and chugged the water yesterday and today I could not believe my eyes when the scale showed a 3 pound loss!! OMG!!! I am at a total of 18 pounds as of today!! That is 18 pounds in 22 days of dieting!! Yesterday I was not hungry at all and really forced myself to eat my dinner, 3.5 oz of chicken with a huge salad (With lemon and red wine vinegar). I think drinking all of that water helped with hunger and the number on the scale!! Seems like I lose much better when I eat chicken then when I eat steak or lean ground beef. I have been staying away from seafood as I always seem to gain.

    This round has been one of the better rounds I have ever had. Even though I started off the first few days hungry and with pretty low losses! I still feel like I am going to get my TOM at anytime, real heavy feeling down there but that has stayed away, thank God!! I'm not gonna get super excited as of yet about todays weight because who knows... maybe it is just a fluke and tomorrow I'll gain a little. (I actually got on the scale twice.. first time it said 165.3, 2nd time it read 165.5) I was too affraid to step on it again!!

    Happy Monday All!!

    VLCD22 18 #'s down
    Start weight 183.5 Today 165.5
    Phoebe~ a.k.a. Karen (Phoebe was a nickname I grew up with that my late dad used to always call me)

    Taking it one day at a time!
    Today is a good day to have a good day!

    Starting R1P2
    Starting weight 183.5
    R1 LDW 165.7 (25 days of vlcd)
    R2 Start weight 170
    R2 LIW 152.4
    Height 5'8" & 53 years young

  12. #384
    Senior Member tracy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    R/P/M
    R6/P3
    Posts
    619
    Steak day for me today :-( Had an overnight gain of 3 lbs over the top of my window. Only new item was green cabbage. I braised it with onions and garlic and added a little cheese on top (parm and mozarella). It was delicious, may or may not have been the culprit.

    I don't have any steak and won't have time to hit the grocery store before 6PM. Anyone ever try a steak day with hamburger? I've got some 80% chillin in the frig...
    "The only thing stopping you is you."

Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •