Popular Pages :

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Lovely Losers 2021-Just JOVIAL in JUNEl!!

R/P/M
    P4
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoebeS View Post
    my son was in urgent care with Afib.. he is only 22 years old and has been an athelet his whole life and in really good shape.
    OMG, that is a scary thing! Hopefully just stress and excitement. Maybe too much Benadryl some such harmless thing. No idea, but am saying a prayer for him and YOU just now. P
    PearlyMae (AKA Polly Pocket)
    Live Like You're in Love & You WILL Be!
    P3 plus or minus

Jan 2013: 173 to 126.8. Multiple rounds since then to stay there! Back Again!

R/P/M
    R1 loading day, May 1st
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlyMae View Post
    OMG, that is a scary thing! Hopefully just stress and excitement. Maybe too much Benadryl some such harmless thing. No idea, but am saying a prayer for him and YOU just now. P
    Thank you!! My sister n law is a nurse and also said that drinking can bring it on too. He has been drinking everyday in Hawaii and also a lot before and at the wedding...could have something to do with it too. Thank you for the prayers!!
    Phoebe~ a.k.a. Karen (Phoebe was a nickname I grew up with that my late dad used to always call me)

Taking it one day at a time!

Starting R1P2
    Starting weight 183.5
    R1 LDW 165.7 (25 days of vlcd)
    Height 5'8"

PI LDW 158.5 (after only 16 doses, ran out of hcg)

So scary, Phoebe! Glad he is better and hope it is nothing!
    Intermountain HHCG
    Goal 150
    R3
    P2 6/28
    PI 7/24-8/1
    P2 8/2-8/18
    P3 8/19
    P4 9/10

R/P/M
    Started Round 1 January, 2020 WILL BE Injections, once received
    Blog Entries
    Phoebe, so happy your dress fit, you had a great time at wedding--and did really well with weight in the process. Very sorry to hear about son, and his afib---hoping he is much better now. Scary for sure. Are you going back to P2, or on to P3 now?

rk, here we are, day 4 of P4--I weighed in today at 61.6, so exactly 2 lbs below last dose weight. Frankly, yesterday was so busy, I didn't eat very much, probably not enough. But I did make a big batch of tuna salad just now, and a huge container of 5% Fage, which I add 1 container of Whipped Cream Cheese, cocoa, and Splenda (a lot, for sweetness). So have some food at the ready now. Last night when I had my chicken salad, I did add extra cheese to it. No gain this morning, actually a down tick to the 61.6.
    I mentioned adding sugars a little, but I really want to limit to when out at social events, not an everyday thing. Still need to add some healthy starches or veggies. Don't know about you, just nervous.

mrsstron g, isn't son leaving soon? He has a remarkable opportunity and adventure ahead of him. Good luck to him, Sounds like you are doing great. Feeling ready for the new round?

Polly, I thought you were talking about a minor redo, more cosmetic than full blown reno! Wow, very ambitious. Fun, but lots of work ahead, then. So glad the two little ladies are doing well now And sounds like you are doing well also. I need to make your dip dish, I've just been noshing on pnut butter--seems to agree with me. Funny, I can't eat almonds without gain, but can eat the sugar free pnut butter just fine. What's wrong with these businesses, I can tell just from these forums, you would be excellent addition to any team, very encouraging and upbeat. Maybe this week one will come thru! Onward as you say!

Charlie, getting closer to your new job start date--hope you and Brett, both, are doing ok after loss of his dad. There are always, good days and bad with these things. Loved the pic of you and your dad. Keep us posted on how it's going.

Does anyone know if they are really going to ban HCG for weight loss? I read that on another post. Yikes, not good.

I'm doing ok--like I wrote 2 lb. below last dose weight. Just hope this continues. I am so busy right now, with the garden, doing some spring/summer cleaning, and trying to get to pool 3 /4 days a week, best place for me to do some exercise, less stress on my knees! So I'm sorry if I missed people. I do try and read all the postings. At the pool would be the perfect place to post, IF I could read my phone and type out in the bright sunshine!. Well, not really, I don't reply on my phone, havent' set it up to do that. Happy Hump Day everyone!

R/P/M
    P4
    Blog Entries
    Dubbles or anyone wanting to try the artichoke recipe, and this probably goes without saying, in P3 or P4, if any of the 3 ingredients have not been cleared by you individually… well. And even if you have had mayo in yr tuna salad, parm cheese on your salad, and who is sensitive to artichokes? Maybe start with a mini-version. Instead of committing to 2 cups, etc., use 2 ounces of mayo, 2 ounces of parm and 2-3 artichoke hearts or quarters broken up. Zap in the microwave until bubbly. That will give you 1-2 servings to try first.

I was trying to use up an eggplant i had for another recipe that was going bad, so I thought I’d fry it up w some chicken I was sautéing.

Then I remembered someone coated a fried thing w crunched up pork rinds. Tried that but couldn’t get the rinds to stuck very well. So, looked in the fridge and found some leftover grated parm cheese and added that to the pork rinds… wait- - what?

That looked/ sounded familiar. I’d “invented” eggplant parmesan. No marinara sauce but it was delicious. Lol

Down .2 today. Guess that clears eggplant!

Onward!
    P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PearlyMae (AKA Polly Pocket)
    Live Like You're in Love & You WILL Be!
    P3 plus or minus

Jan 2013: 173 to 126.8. Multiple rounds since then to stay there! Back Again!

R/P/M
    R7P3 Homeopathic Pellets
    Good Morning Lovelies,

Phoebe hope your son is doing better! Fingers crossed it was just all the wedding excitement!

Dubbles I am so thrilled that you are 2 pounds below LIW! I wish I could say the same but I am clinging to the top of my range ha ha.

AFM: Work is Kicking into high gear! I am starting to read the Trim Healthy Mama book for Maintenece because free form did not help me in past rounds. I am still at the tippy top of my 2 pound window....However, today I am starting back strengthening exercises and tomorrow I will get back to a very short walk. I am going very slowly this time so I don't re-aggravate any sciatica or weakened unexercised muscles. I think not taking any NSAIDS or other pain meds will help me also. I am Super Concerned about my osteoporosis diagnosis. My parents both had it very bad and even though I took calcium in my 20s and 30s, I am very small boned and genes suck ha ha. So I am going to learn about that.

Onward as Pearly says.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Fondly,
    RK
    [/url]

Hi everyone!

Well shoot. Not loading today. Fingers crossed it will come soon. I need to make sure I have enough time in before the PI due to camping!

Dubbles, he is leaving Saturday. OMG. I will miss him so much. I am very happy and excited for him though!

Intermountain HHCG
    Goal 150
    R3
    P2 6/28
    PI 7/24-8/1
    P2 8/2-8/18
    P3 8/19
    P4 9/10

R/P/M
    R1 loading day, May 1st
    Hello everyone and thank you so much for the well wishes for my son. He is doing better but a friend of my DIL is a cardiac nurse practitioner who said he should be on blood thiners for at least a month, especially since he will be traveling and also needs to make sure he follows up with a cardiologist or electro physisist (sorry for spelling errors). The doctor at the ER didn't give him anything. Hoping today (Their last day in HI) they can get back over to the hospital or call and get a blood thiner prescribed... my DIL text my husband, myself and my daughter to ask us to please not bombard Michael (my son) with questions as it is making him super anxious and to just go through her. :\ I will be picking them up from the airport tomorrow night, can't wait to hug my boy!!

Dubbs ~ I am on the exact same day as you are I believe. So... somewhere in the beginning of P4. I am hoping to do a round sometime in July, hopefully July 4th but with the HCG ban going on here in California and having to take alternative actions, hopefully it will work out around that date. I do still have about 10 days worth in a vial that I might begin with around that date...even though they are probably expired but it's worth a try.

Mrsstrong ~ congratulations to your son!! I know how hard it is to say goodbye!! I feel your pain there!! I am sure you are so very proud of him, it sounds like you have raised an amazing young man!! Contrats Momma!! Hopefully your hcg will show up soon so you can start P2!! Looks like we started close to the same weight and are super close to the same weight now. I would like to get down to 150 as well, but would love 145 so I have a little wiggle room!!

Charlie ~ I am so so sorry to hear about Brett's dad!! My sincere condolenses to you guys and your family!! Sounded pretty sudden?? Was it covid? Anyway, that is never an easy time and sounds to me like to did really well with your food choices!! Couldn't have blammed you if you went off the edge!! On a happier note, love the new hair cut and congrats on the new job!! So happy for you and I also loved the picture of you and your dad!!

Pearly ~ happy to hear the pups (and you ) are doing good!! We will all have our ups and downs, it's how you chose to let it effect you!! Onward girl!! And good luck on the job search!! Something will come along that will be perfect for you, Im sure!!

To everyone else that I don't have time to mention, I hope you are having a good day!! Back issues are a pain...literally!!! I always think how back and neck issues are so horrible and so taken for granted when they are feeling good!! I hope you guys find relief quickly!!

Well, as for me, I was .2#'s below my ldw today. I can't believe I am stabilizing so well considering some of my food choices at times recently!! I keep thinking it is going to catch up to me one of these days soon!

Today 165.5
    LDW 165.7
    Phoebe~ a.k.a. Karen (Phoebe was a nickname I grew up with that my late dad used to always call me)

Taking it one day at a time!

Starting R1P2
    Starting weight 183.5
    R1 LDW 165.7 (25 days of vlcd)
    Height 5'8"

PI LDW 158.5 (after only 16 doses, ran out of hcg)

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by PearlyMae View Post
    Dubbles or anyone wanting to try the artichoke recipe, and this probably goes without saying, in P3 or P4, if any of the 3 ingredients have not been cleared by you individually… well. And even if you have had mayo in yr tuna salad, parm cheese on your salad, and who is sensitive to artichokes? Maybe start with a mini-version. Instead of committing to 2 cups, etc., use 2 ounces of mayo, 2 ounces of parm and 2-3 artichoke hearts or quarters broken up. Zap in the microwave until bubbly. That will give you 1-2 servings to try first.

I was trying to use up an eggplant i had for another recipe that was going bad, so I thought I’d fry it up w some chicken I was sautéing.

Then I remembered someone coated a fried thing w crunched up pork rinds. Tried that but couldn’t get the rinds to stuck very well. So, looked in the fridge and found some leftover grated parm cheese and added that to the pork rinds… wait- - what?

That looked/ sounded familiar. I’d “invented” eggplant parmesan. No marinara sauce but it was delicious. Lol

Down .2 today. Guess that clears eggplant!

Onward!
    P

pOLLY, Invented eggplant parmesan? Ha! In P3 I sprinkle all my veggies and fishes with grated parmesan before roasting in oven. Yummy! I have a problem right now wanting to cook so much since I'm outside or gone so much. Cooking requires kitchen cleanup, and that's more work. Am I getting lazy? Watering plants and yard, keeping weeds at bay--that's already a pretty labor intensive job, a part-time job anyway. About the artichoke recipe, I use lots of mayo in my tuna salad, so I definitely would not skimp on the mayo--it seems to agree with me. And, when I use pork rinds on fish in air fryer, I dip the fish in egg wash before dipping in the pork rinds. still have issues with keeping the coating of rinds on while cooking, but most stays. You've prob already tried that.
    Have a great day, so happy the girls are better.

rk, we are at similar stages of our journey--in P4, we got this, you're doing well as long as within that 2 lb window stablizing. I think we have to face it will be a constant struggle of mindful eating and attention to creating healthy habits. its not ever "over". If we view it as done, we'll be right back to where were when we got here. At least that is how I am going to have to proceed. Like Polly says, ONWARD. Good luck with those back strengthening exercises.

mrsstrong, I know saying goodbye to son will be heart wrenching, but how proud you must be. These days, with facetime, texting, low cost of long distance calling--noone has to be too far away for long I know it's not the same as being able to touch and hug but you can see and talk pretty easily. But he is prob going to be very busy! Hope your hcg arrives soon. Enjoy next two days!

Phoebe, you should be so proud and happy--traveling, a big wedding trip and within your window! Awesome. I'm about where you and mrsstrong are--my goal weight is actually 150, too. I don't know that I care to even get those vanity pounds lost, to 145--as I know I prob couldn't keep weight that low. I don't know, these rounds are totally different from rounds in far past. As NOW, I have learned so much more about stablization and its' importance. And the older one gets, the better I think people look with a few extra lbs . Maybe that is just my excuse for not wanting to lose so much, but I really have found that to be the case. Have a friend who is a runner and has been for 15 years, she is so thin, but she looks years older than she should. Too thin. Good luck on rest of round. I don't plan on doing p2 until mid August, hope there will be some people doing at same time!

Hi Charlie, job starts soon! Hope you all are doing well. Same shout out to Tracy, JGD, SDWIS, AND Leez--always hoping you are doing well!

AFM: This morning weigh in was good, still 1.4 below last dose weight, P4, day 5. Still don't have many changes scheduled. Am eating fruits, some cheeses but not much else different. Want to try some Ezekiel bread I think, to use as tuna salad sandwich. or Maybe the cinnamon toast? Haven't purchased any yet. I feel like if i have cinnamon toast for breakfast, I can't have my half burnt sausage patties with coffee--so I keep delaying the puchase. I do probably need to change things up a bit. Hope everyone has a wonderful day today!

Chief Moderator (my happy place :) Leez's Avatar
    R/P/M
    M: at goal May 2015 77# lost wHCG injections
    Blog Entries
    Dubbles, try dredging with oat fiber before the egg wash, and then the crushed pork rinds. Oat fiber has no carbs (all fiber) and can replace AP flour in a lot of things. The best brands are LifeSource and the THM brand. They are fine and white like flour.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview

A full review of my experience with DietDoc and how the round progressed can be found here: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog is here. If you've found my posts helpful, please consider using this DietDoc link on your next HCG order. (your forum discount still applies)

Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

R/P/M
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Leez View Post
    Dubbles, try dredging with oat fiber before the egg wash, and then the crushed pork rinds. Oat fiber has no carbs (all fiber) and can replace AP flour in a lot of things. The best brands are LifeSource and the THM brand. They are fine and white like flour.
    Thanks so much Leez, I am definitely going to order some of the oat fiber, guess on-line, don't remember seeing in grocery store. Learn so much from you. Thanks.

Chief Moderator (my happy place :) Leez's Avatar
    R/P/M
    M: at goal May 2015 77# lost wHCG injections
    Blog Entries
    Yes, I've always had to order it online. I don't think I've ever seen it on the shelf. (Do not buy NuNaturals--it is coarse, dark and tastes like cardboard.)

You can use oat fiber to temper the dense calories you get in almond flour baked goods as well. Usually you can replace up to half the almond flour called for, depending on the recipe. But even replacing a quarter lightens things up significantly.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview

A full review of my experience with DietDoc and how the round progressed can be found here: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog is here. If you've found my posts helpful, please consider using this DietDoc link on your next HCG order. (your forum discount still applies)

Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast