Popular Pages :


Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 366

Thread: Lovely Losers 2021- MARVELOUS IN March!!

  1. #25
    Super Member! Dubbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    R/P/M
    Started Round 1 January, 2020 WILL BE Injections, once received
    Posts
    3,225
    Blog Entries
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by LinderLou View Post
    FLO: Yes, it's nice to have buddies during the phases. I don't tend to check in as much during P3/P4, but I do read new posts almost every day. Staying active here certainly helps keep me accountable too.

    Today is P3D10 and as of this morning 1.1 lbs over LDW. I'm beginning to get back in the groove of P3 eating and have worked my way up to a bit more stomach capacity. That said, I'm VERY focused on my feelings of fullness and not eating one.more.bite when I hit that point.

    DUBBLES: I bought Chicken Tenderloins (boneless, skinless) quite by accident a few months ago and REALLY enjoyed them! I had no idea they were P2 compliant and had been saving them for P3. Now that I know I can eat them instead of chicken breast during P2, I will switch to those instead... YUM! And, that said, the jury is still out about doing another round in the future. I'm leaning towards maybe in late Fall/early Winter and allow myself to really stabilize for the next 8/10 months.

    Happy Humpday everyone! Wishing you all a great rest of your week and much success with whatever phase you are in, losing or maintaining!
    LinderLou, I never thought the uncooked chicken tenders might be off protocol? I thought of them as just chicken cut in small pieces. Whoa, hope I'm not leading anyone astray. All I can say, is I've lost 24 lbs this round, so that chicken must not be too bad.

    About listening to hunger cues, satisfaction cues, so important and really one of the key issues I am working on during this round, and during my Planned Interruption. So easy to get into habit of really overeating, for me anyway. Good luck with your stabilization, and check in when you have the time. You are so close to goal, you probably look at goal anyway!

  2. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    R/P/M
    R6/P2/IM injections
    Posts
    915
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineMissM View Post
    Dubbles, I haven't tried Yvonne's banting bread because I'm afraid it will be a food without brakes for me, but she turned me on to Keto Rusks, which is an adaptation of a South African kind of biscotti and they are THE BEES KNEES. I made many variations throughout the holidays and they helped me avoid Christmas cookies. I'm just confirming that she knows what she's talking about when it comes to food!

    ps--my latest find for P2 chicken is air fried chicken breast that's been marinated in (sugar-free) pickle juice overnight. In P3 they could be coated in crushed pork rinds or spiced almond meal, but they're quite good without coating besides whatever seasoning you like.
    For the air fried chicken breast, what temp and for long? I have an air fryer but never use it. Was also unsure how airfrying without oil would be since all recipes Iíve seen call for a little oil.

  3. #27
    Senior Member poweredbystarbucks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    R/P/M
    R5?/P2/injections
    Posts
    660
    Boy howdy I feel like a see saw Lovely Losers 2021- MARVELOUS IN March!!. Yesterday I was 153.2 and did a steak day and got back to 151. My LDW on 2/2 was 147.2 so I am trying like hell to get back. Itís so easy for the weight to creep up and quickly.

    Iím trying to decide if I should drop the high fat and try to just eat clean with chicken and veggies and healthy fats. Is shouldnít have crazy gains when Iím this far out.

    Any ideas on how to drop some more because I canít do back to back steak days!! I will do a detox bath tonight and cross my fingers.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #28
    Super Member!
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Gold Country, CA
    R/P/M
    R7 P4 hhcg Pellets
    Posts
    1,155
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubbles View Post
    LinderLou, I never thought the uncooked chicken tenders might be off protocol? I thought of them as just chicken cut in small pieces. Whoa, hope I'm not leading anyone astray. All I can say, is I've lost 24 lbs this round, so that chicken must not be too bad.

    About listening to hunger cues, satisfaction cues, so important and really one of the key issues I am working on during this round, and during my Planned Interruption. So easy to get into habit of really overeating, for me anyway. Good luck with your stabilization, and check in when you have the time. You are so close to goal, you probably look at goal anyway!
    Not to worry! I looked up the Chicken Tenderloin (not sure if it is the same as "chicken tenders") this morning and apparently, it IS white meat and VERY low fat. It is rib meat or something like that. The package says 1% Fat, so that would be 99% Lean. A good ratio for P2. I usually marinate it in Sesame/Ginger sauce, but could use something more P2 compliant if in a round. For now, I'll just be sure to add some fat to the meal to make it more P3 friendly.

    2016 SW: 186.2 GW: 115 HT: 5'3"
    Pre-HCG SW: 175
    Fake drops round:158.7 February 2017
    R1 SW: 158.7 LDW: 152.5 March 2017
    R2 SW: 151.3 LDW: 144.0 May 2017
    R3 SW: 135.9 LDW: 130.9 October 2017
    R4 SW: 137.0 LDW: 132.0 March 2018
    R5 SW: 142.6 LDW: 132.1 November 2018
    R6 SW: 144.8 LDW: 136.1 December 2019
    R7 SW: 138.0 LDW: 130.4 February 2021
    LinderLou

  5. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Midwest US
    R/P/M
    P2
    Posts
    722
    Chicken tenders are the thin pieces with the tendon in them you generally find attached to boneless chicken breasts you buy in the store. But as y'all have noted, they're also sold separately. I do find them to be quite tender. Glad you discovered them!

    I'm not terribly methodical when I'm cooking, JGD, and my air fryer has settings for different meats that I tend to follow and just check the food periodically as it cooks. And it will cook differently depending on the size/weight of the chicken pieces. I cut generous nuggets and cooked them on a piece of parchment (helps eliminate sticking while not using oil) in the air fryer at 400 for about 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway through. Hope that's helpful!

  6. #30
    Super Member! Dubbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    R/P/M
    Started Round 1 January, 2020 WILL BE Injections, once received
    Posts
    3,225
    Blog Entries
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineMissM View Post
    Dubbles, I haven't tried Yvonne's banting bread because I'm afraid it will be a food without brakes for me, but she turned me on to Keto Rusks, which is an adaptation of a South African kind of biscotti and they are THE BEES KNEES. I made many variations throughout the holidays and they helped me avoid Christmas cookies. I'm just confirming that she knows what she's talking about when it comes to food!

    ps--my latest find for P2 chicken is air fried chicken breast that's been marinated in (sugar-free) pickle juice overnight. In P3 they could be coated in crushed pork rinds or spiced almond meal, but they're quite good without coating besides whatever seasoning you like.

    Your cooking suggestions....so yummy. Simply ďDivineĒ!

  7. #31
    Super Member! Dubbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    R/P/M
    Started Round 1 January, 2020 WILL BE Injections, once received
    Posts
    3,225
    Blog Entries
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by LinderLou View Post
    Not to worry! I looked up the Chicken Tenderloin (not sure if it is the same as "chicken tenders") this morning and apparently, it IS white meat and VERY low fat. It is rib meat or something like that. The package says 1% Fat, so that would be 99% Lean. A good ratio for P2. I usually marinate it in Sesame/Ginger sauce, but could use something more P2 compliant if in a round. For now, I'll just be sure to add some fat to the meal to make it more P3 friendly.
    Thanks for that clarification/information, linderlou! They don’t dry out like chicken breasts can since they are not very big and you don’t cook them long.

  8. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Midwest US
    R/P/M
    P2
    Posts
    722
    Quote Originally Posted by poweredbystarbucks View Post
    Boy howdy I feel like a see saw Lovely Losers 2021- MARVELOUS IN March!!. Yesterday I was 153.2 and did a steak day and got back to 151. My LDW on 2/2 was 147.2 so I am trying like hell to get back. It’s so easy for the weight to creep up and quickly.

    I’m trying to decide if I should drop the high fat and try to just eat clean with chicken and veggies and healthy fats. Is shouldn’t have crazy gains when I’m this far out.

    Any ideas on how to drop some more because I can’t do back to back steak days!! I will do a detox bath tonight and cross my fingers.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm not sure that I'm in any way qualified to advise you, starbucks, and maybe Leez or someone with more experience with the kind of thing you're going through will jump in. But I wonder: do you have any gut feelings about why you're struggling to stabilize? You know your body and your patterns best. . . .

  9. #33
    Chief Moderator (my happy place :) Leez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Midwest USA
    R/P/M
    M: at goal May 2015 77# lost wHCG injections
    Posts
    11,845
    Blog Entries
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by poweredbystarbucks View Post
    Boy howdy I feel like a see saw Lovely Losers 2021- MARVELOUS IN March!!. Yesterday I was 153.2 and did a steak day and got back to 151. My LDW on 2/2 was 147.2 so I am trying like hell to get back. It’s so easy for the weight to creep up and quickly.

    I’m trying to decide if I should drop the high fat and try to just eat clean with chicken and veggies and healthy fats. Is shouldn’t have crazy gains when I’m this far out.

    Any ideas on how to drop some more because I can’t do back to back steak days!! I will do a detox bath tonight and cross my fingers.
    starbucks, if you go back and average all your weights since LIW, what do you get? It may be that your body wants to settle a bit higher. If that is so, then you will keep having this battle with needing steak days. And that is not good, because if you find yourself doing them too often, they will stop working. Even once a week can be too much. I know its not a decision you want to make, but maybe raising your LIW number some will get you off the merry-go-round.

    Sometimes going too fast in adding starches (I'm talking quantity, not individual items) can cause your body to start gaining, but I don't think that is your problem from what I remember of your reports. It might just be that you are going to stabilize a little higher than your LIW.

    If you suspect inflammation, you'll want to do things to get that down. The detox bath is a good start, grammy's inflammation smoothie as a first or last meal of the day as well. Generally get your omega 3's and turmeric up in your food choices or supplement. Both will help calm inflammation. The Meriva formulations of turmeric/curcumen are the ones recommended by my functional doctor.

    Chicken veggies and healthy fats for a couple days certainly won't hurt. And would help alot if you are dealing with a food reaction because that would let your body flush out the irritants more effectively. But don't go without fruit for too long.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Maintenance strategies overview

    A full review of my experience with DietDoc and how the round progressed can be found here: my Diet Doc review and my Hcg coaching blog is here. If you've found my posts helpful, please consider using this DietDoc link on your next HCG order. (your forum discount still applies)

    Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

  10. #34
    Senior Member poweredbystarbucks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    R/P/M
    R5?/P2/injections
    Posts
    660
    Quote Originally Posted by Leez View Post
    starbucks, if you go back and average all your weights since LIW, what do you get? It may be that your body wants to settle a bit higher. If that is so, then you will keep having this battle with needing steak days. And that is not good, because if you find yourself doing them too often, they will stop working. Even once a week can be too much. I know its not a decision you want to make, but maybe raising your LIW number some will get you off the merry-go-round.

    Sometimes going too fast in adding starches (I'm talking quantity, not individual items) can cause your body to start gaining, but I don't think that is your problem from what I remember of your reports. It might just be that you are going to stabilize a little higher than your LIW.

    If you suspect inflammation, you'll want to do things to get that down. The detox bath is a good start, grammy's inflammation smoothie as a first or last meal of the day as well. Generally get your omega 3's and turmeric up in your food choices or supplement. Both will help calm inflammation. The Meriva formulations of turmeric/curcumen are the ones recommended by my functional doctor.

    Chicken veggies and healthy fats for a couple days certainly won't hurt. And would help alot if you are dealing with a food reaction because that would let your body flush out the irritants more effectively. But don't go without fruit for too long.
    Thank you. Doing the inflammation smoothie now. Looking into the turmeric and omega 3s. I take a multi that has turmeric but I donít get omegas. Got a lot of exercise today as well so Iím wondering if 150-153 is my sweet spot. Just need to maintain it. Thank you for the help!!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #35
    Super Member! Kar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    GA (moved from NJ in 2017)
    R/P/M
    P4/Rx sublingual drops
    Posts
    1,216
    Good morning, lovelies!

    I've used chicken breast tenderloins in the past. The only thing I didn't like about them is the work that goes into cutting out the tendon in those small pieces. (Personal preference.) The more I've done the hcg protocol, the more touching raw chicken skeeves me. So for the past few years, whenever I make chicken, the less I have to touch it the better.

    Starbucks, good luck with your smoothie! Do you like salmon? That's good for omega 3s. I'm making some for dinner tonight.

    I ended up turning yesterday into a steak day, even though I was 0.2 away from requiring it. Today I was down 1.4, so I'm happy about that. For my sinuses, I started pulling coconut oil and it appears to be helping - I woke up this morning to feeling a little pressure, but not pain. Fingers crossed.

    Hope everyone has a great day!

  12. #36
    Super Member! Dubbles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    R/P/M
    Started Round 1 January, 2020 WILL BE Injections, once received
    Posts
    3,225
    Blog Entries
    120
    [QUOTE=poweredbystarbucks;1091113]Thank you. Doing the inflammation smoothie now. Looking into the turmeric and omega 3s. I take a multi that has turmeric but I don’t get omegas. Got a lot of exercise today as well so I’m wondering if 150-153 is my sweet spot. Just need to maintain it. Thank you for the help



    Starbucks, hope this morning is going good for you. I am with Leez, I wonder if you should set your preferred weight to 150-153. We saw your full body picture with BF , and there you looked pretty dadgone great! With all your exercise, you probably have significant muscle, and it is more condensed than fat. So you look wonderful, and probably just as good (and just as small) at 153 as at 145! Really, it is just a number--we probably should all think more of fit of clothes than of numbers, per se. Hope you get your mind wrapped around maybe a touch higher weight, you really don't want to constantly feel like you need a correction day. You are beautiful , and slender now! Heh, how was that inflammation smoothie. Did it taste ok? I'm curious. Thanks.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •