Popular Pages :


Page 5 of 125 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
Results 49 to 60 of 1495

Thread: The Official Man Cave

  1. #49
    The African Honey Badger quelsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, United States
    R/P/M
    Round 6 / P2 / Rx Injection
    Posts
    2,574
    Blog Entries
    91
    Girls seem to be able to stay on longer , but i bounce off 45 pounds every time.

    good luck to you if you want to go for gold
    This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.


    Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic IceMan
    CW 312 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

  2. #50
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    R/P/M
    Round1/Phase2/hhcg drops
    Posts
    41
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    Girls seem to be able to stay on longer , but i bounce off 45 pounds every time.

    good luck to you if you want to go for gold
    So you start to stall after 45 pounds? I would be happy with that.
    Join our Weight Loss Forum Community Today!

  3. #51
    The African Honey Badger quelsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, United States
    R/P/M
    Round 6 / P2 / Rx Injection
    Posts
    2,574
    Blog Entries
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by mixon1247 View Post
    So you start to stall after 45 pounds? I would be happy with that.
    and as soon as i start P3 i gain 5 pounds. My body stops at 40 , it is a *****
    This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.


    Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic IceMan
    CW 312 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

  4. #52
    Junior Member ncsuee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    R/P/M
    R1P3 injections
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by kapelmeister View Post
    Hi guys !

    Very happy to see that "The Cave" is in full activity! Also very happy to learn about the good "side effects" of HCG... pounds & INCHES... super!

    Well, just for the records, today I went to the pneumologue to have a check-up after 35 years of smoking and a heart attack, hoping to hear dreadful news on my lungs state that would scare the s... out of me so I would never smoke again. Doc said: "you're fine! the only things that bothers your lung performance is all those excess pounds you have on you..; get rid of them!

    But... me never being very popular, but determined to start the protocol TOMORROW (tuesday 19) thinking that I would be left alone, well, the invitations to dinner parties haven't stopped! All of them very hard to turn down, not only because of culinary-alcoholic reasons, but for social-friendship reasons as well.

    Is the devil at work here?
    Any advise guys?
    Thanks !
    Carlos
    Carlos,
    I'm new to the protocol. But here are some thoughts as a newbie. I too was concerned about the social impact of being on the diet. There have been a couple events like going to the Renaissance Festival last weekend that I turned down. Basically, all I ever do there is eat bad food and drink. Plus the company was not going to be that great. I have not mastered what to say at the dinner party yet. But I agree with Quelsen that if people ask just keep it simple and say no thank you. I found that people at parties have too many stories about diets and it's almost like talking about religion or politics. I actually have found in some ways I enjoy the parties more. I focus more on things like talking to somebody I don't know. The party becomes much more about the personal connections vs. the food and alcohol. I saw on the news today that the NFL strike is ending so there is going to be a season this year! Not pigging out on beer and brats with my friends watching Denver Bronco's is going to be tough. It's a difficult diet but if you stay committed to it you will get rewards. I'm sure everyone in the cave has different things that keep them focused on the protocol. For me I have a couple things. First, waking up every morning is awesome. You get on the scale and get immediate feedback. I then take my injection of HCG. Every time I give myself the shot I get a very serious feeling and I think to myself so this is what it has come down to. I am struck by how trapped someone with diabetes must feel having to give themselves insulin shots everyday and what a shame it would be if I eat my way into that disease. Now I don't mean to insult anybody who might be diabetic in the cave. Frankly, I don't really know much about the disease. This is just what goes through my head but it kinda keeps me motivated. I take the no cheating on this diet very seriously. But after 24 days in P2 I still have major carb cravings especially when I smell fresh bread. My doctor told me something that works for me. He said you have to deal with high carb food like a recovering alcoholic. It's very hard to resist taking the first sip but it is 100 times more difficult to stop after just 1. So it actually takes less will power to just not take the first bite. My 2 cents.

    Tom

  5. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by ncsuee View Post
    Carlos,
    I'm new to the protocol. But here are some thoughts as a newbie. I too was concerned about the social impact of being on the diet. There have been a couple events like going to the Renaissance Festival last weekend that I turned down. Basically, all I ever do there is eat bad food and drink. Plus the company was not going to be that great. I have not mastered what to say at the dinner party yet. But I agree with Quelsen that if people ask just keep it simple and say no thank you. I found that people at parties have too many stories about diets and it's almost like talking about religion or politics. I actually have found in some ways I enjoy the parties more. I focus more on things like talking to somebody I don't know. The party becomes much more about the personal connections vs. the food and alcohol. I saw on the news today that the NFL strike is ending so there is going to be a season this year! Not pigging out on beer and brats with my friends watching Denver Bronco's is going to be tough. It's a difficult diet but if you stay committed to it you will get rewards. I'm sure everyone in the cave has different things that keep them focused on the protocol. For me I have a couple things. First, waking up every morning is awesome. You get on the scale and get immediate feedback. I then take my injection of HCG. Every time I give myself the shot I get a very serious feeling and I think to myself so this is what it has come down to. I am struck by how trapped someone with diabetes must feel having to give themselves insulin shots everyday and what a shame it would be if I eat my way into that disease. Now I don't mean to insult anybody who might be diabetic in the cave. Frankly, I don't really know much about the disease. This is just what goes through my head but it kinda keeps me motivated. I take the no cheating on this diet very seriously. But after 24 days in P2 I still have major carb cravings especially when I smell fresh bread. My doctor told me something that works for me. He said you have to deal with high carb food like a recovering alcoholic. It's very hard to resist taking the first sip but it is 100 times more difficult to stop after just 1. So it actually takes less will power to just not take the first bite. My 2 cents.

    Tom
    Thanks a lot Tom! That's quite a support for a chickened-out beginner! In fact, I have foreseen all these situations but I have not begun yet! I have right in front of me the bottle of pellets, just waiting for D1, but I keep procrastinating the start because there is this friend of mine, an adorable grandpa (85 years old) who invited me to lunch this friday, so I said, WTF, I'll start the pellets thursday, I'll load thursday & friday (with grandpa) and then it's a GO. Then, I'm SURE there will be no further invitations because here in France, people simply VANISH in august.
    Am I being a wuss?
    P.S. Love your thoughts on waking up Tom.
    P.S.2. "It's very hard to resist taking the first sip but it is 100 times more difficult to stop after just 1". PRICELESS !!!

  6. #54
    Quelsen:

    "Be your own MAN. frak the devil, she/he only has the power over you that you give him/her." PRICELESS !

  7. #55
    Well stalling real hard on day 29 of P2....been a slow go for past 4 days.

    Hopefully body gives up some weight soon enough. still above a pound a day avg - just want to get this 40lbs mark and move on......damn I want to eat real food again.

  8. #56
    The African Honey Badger quelsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, United States
    R/P/M
    Round 6 / P2 / Rx Injection
    Posts
    2,574
    Blog Entries
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by ncsuee View Post
    Carlos,
    I'm new to the protocol. But here are some thoughts as a newbie. I too was concerned about the social impact of being on the diet. There have been a couple events like going to the Renaissance Festival last weekend that I turned down. Basically, all I ever do there is eat bad food and drink. Plus the company was not going to be that great. I have not mastered what to say at the dinner party yet. But I agree with Quelsen that if people ask just keep it simple and say no thank you. I found that people at parties have too many stories about diets and it's almost like talking about religion or politics. I actually have found in some ways I enjoy the parties more. I focus more on things like talking to somebody I don't know. The party becomes much more about the personal connections vs. the food and alcohol. I saw on the news today that the NFL strike is ending so there is going to be a season this year! Not pigging out on beer and brats with my friends watching Denver Bronco's is going to be tough. It's a difficult diet but if you stay committed to it you will get rewards. I'm sure everyone in the cave has different things that keep them focused on the protocol. For me I have a couple things. First, waking up every morning is awesome. You get on the scale and get immediate feedback. I then take my injection of HCG. Every time I give myself the shot I get a very serious feeling and I think to myself so this is what it has come down to. I am struck by how trapped someone with diabetes must feel having to give themselves insulin shots everyday and what a shame it would be if I eat my way into that disease. Now I don't mean to insult anybody who might be diabetic in the cave. Frankly, I don't really know much about the disease. This is just what goes through my head but it kinda keeps me motivated. I take the no cheating on this diet very seriously. But after 24 days in P2 I still have major carb cravings especially when I smell fresh bread. My doctor told me something that works for me. He said you have to deal with high carb food like a recovering alcoholic. It's very hard to resist taking the first sip but it is 100 times more difficult to stop after just 1. So it actually takes less will power to just not take the first bite. My 2 cents.

    Tom
    you cant miss out on ren fairs you really cant!!!!!
    This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.


    Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic IceMan
    CW 312 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

  9. #57
    The African Honey Badger quelsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, United States
    R/P/M
    Round 6 / P2 / Rx Injection
    Posts
    2,574
    Blog Entries
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by Garceau View Post
    Well stalling real hard on day 29 of P2....been a slow go for past 4 days.

    Hopefully body gives up some weight soon enough. still above a pound a day avg - just want to get this 40lbs mark and move on......damn I want to eat real food again.
    taking any supplements? I find amino acids ( not the liquid soy sauce replacement stuff ) help keep my stalls at bay, but sometime you just gotta deal sucks i know trust me i know
    This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.


    Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic IceMan
    CW 312 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

  10. #58
    Junior Member ncsuee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Boulder, CO
    R/P/M
    R1P3 injections
    Posts
    23
    Carlos,
    You just need to get started and take it a day at a time. I understand about the meal with your friend. But true friends and family will support your decision and be overjoyed that you are on your way to better health. I see you live in France so I think the men in the cave need to throw more support your way. I have been to France once on a business trip. I was only there 5 days but I quickly learned that food is life in France. I saw one of the strangest things in my entire life there. I was driving on the expressway from Paris to Grenobole around lunch time. At the side of the expressway a road repair crew was sitting down at a table with a white table cloth and bottles of wine with their lunch. This to me was an unbelievable site. The business dinners started at ten and went for an hour and a half. You guys take your meals very seriously but the thing I respected the most was the meal was not only about the good food but more importantly about sharing good conversation. I think you guys over there really know how to live.

    Tom

  11. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    taking any supplements? I find amino acids ( not the liquid soy sauce replacement stuff ) help keep my stalls at bay, but sometime you just gotta deal sucks i know trust me i know
    Nothing - as for supplements. I have been meaning to start a mens multi-vitamin but really slipped my mind until now.

    Getting my fruits but rarely veggies - I hate veggies with a passion. Just really cant stomach them or get them down. So what little veggies I do eat now, is just lettuce and occassional piece of grilled onion.

    I knew the stall would be coming - but I will push through. Only been on VLCD since the 20th of June so its probably about the time my body starts to resist. I will beat it into submission yet though.....

  12. #60
    As for Brats during NFL - neither the wife nor I can give these up. She is already in P3 and doing real well she didnt have much to lose.

    We are buying a meat grinder and are giong to make our own venison brats. We both deer hunt so the meat will be available. Figure I can eat a few more of those than normal brats.

Page 5 of 125 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •