Popular Pages :


Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: First day of P3... A few ?'s

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    So Cal
    R/P/M
    R3/P2/Rx-Inj
    Posts
    163

    First day of P3... A few ?'s

    I am a bit nervous and scared to start P3. So far today I have only had an apple and coffee with some 1/2 and 1/2... Oh... I also lathered myself with lotion like no ones business!!! Now, I know to tread with caution and I plan on just eating P2 foods for 2 days (with the exception of mixing veggies and eating about twice as much) but I was wondering is it safe to cook in oil/butter or if I should wait? I sooo miss being able to add some butter to my veggies!

    I also plan to add cheese in 48 hours. Should I do cheese alone? Is it okay to do cheese and another dairy product in moderation?

    Thanks for everything guys! This forum had been a true life saver!
    Fast Weight loss Online at the Weight Loss Center

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    SoCal
    R/P/M
    R5P2 10/2013
    Posts
    312
    Blog Entries
    82
    You definitely want to add the fats in, like butter or olive oil. Make sure you add enough calories otherwise you could see a gain. Good luck and congrats on your losses!!


    P2

    Wife & Mommy to 4 kids, 4 years, 11, 13 and 20!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    So Cal
    R/P/M
    R3/P2/Rx-Inj
    Posts
    163
    Thanks! I am thrilled to add some oil/butter in my life! What about the dairy? Should I just try a little bit of cheddar in a couple days? Or maybe some cheddar and a tablespoon of sour cream?
    Fast Weight loss Online at the Weight Loss Center

  4. #4
    Senior Member Abinco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    R/P/M
    R3Ph3 HHCG drops
    Posts
    3,194
    Blog Entries
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by JenniP View Post
    Thanks! I am thrilled to add some oil/butter in my life! What about the dairy? Should I just try a little bit of cheddar in a couple days? Or maybe some cheddar and a tablespoon of sour cream?
    Hi JenniP, I think you were on the chat earlier. Yes, add fats like Raggedyann suggested and she is right, if you do not eat enough, you will gain. Guaranteed. Just go slow with your food groups. I started with dairy and worked from their. Many do 2-3 of each group and if they do not have any problems move to the next. I waited 4 days to eat nuts but many wait a week or more. I had no issue but you might with nuts. Some have issue's with dairy. Eat but do not over eat. Eat till you have room but feel satisfied. That is the best way to gauge. If you stuff yourself, then you are probably over eating. I did great in P3 and love it! I ate Fage' 2% yogurt daily will fresh blueberries and added stevia and vanilla extract. I also tried it with Cocoa. Have fun with it and drink lots of water. Good luck! I would get up to 1500 calories in 3-4 days.
    R1..start weight 180 ended at 156 40 day round
    R2..start weight 162.2 end weight for R2=142.4 26 day round
    R3..start weight 156.8 end weight 127.4 77 day round
    * Total lost 53.4 lbs doing HHCG drops. Reached my goal!

    I SELL *HIGH POTENCY* Drops [email protected]


  5. #5
    HDI Hcg Diet Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    California
    R/P/M
    P4
    Posts
    3,714
    I can only share what worked for me. Others may have had a different experience.

    I did not eat apples or 1/2 & 1/2 on P3 because I think they have too much sugar, the apple especially. I used heavy cream in my coffee and the only fruit I ate was a few berries which are lower in sugar. I didn't eat berries every day, just a few times during those 3 weeks. The first day I added in lots of fat including butter, avocado, olive oil and homemade mayo. I was not sensitive to dairy as some are, and I ate raw cheese every day.

    I consumed a lot of calories, more than I ever had in my life. I ate a lot of fat. My first day, I had spinach quiche made with eggs, cheese and cream, with bacon for breakfast, a large homemade Cobb salad with blue cheese dressing for lunch, and grilled meat with mashed cauliflower for dinner. I ate sliced meat and vegetables for an afternoon snack. Mostly, I ate whole, homemade foods. I avoided processed foods and artificial anything. I did not tread with caution. I did not count calories, although I have enough knowledge of calories to estimate I ate 2500-3000 calories a day. I ate until I was satisfied. I stabilized perfectly and did not have to do any correction days in P3 or P4 during my first round. On my second round, I did the same thing. I am now beginning my 3rd (hopefully last) round and have not yet had to do a correction day.

    My opinion is that the biggest mistake you can make in P3 is to try to continue P2. You must eat enough food, more than you think you should eat. You must eat enough fat. Don't continue eating P2-style with the addition of one or two items. Forget P2. It is over. P3 is a new phase. Skip or limit the fruit. Skip the melba toast. Eat all the non-starchy vegetables you want. Eat all the fat you want. Eat lots of protein. Don't be afraid of this phase.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    So Cal
    R/P/M
    R3/P2/Rx-Inj
    Posts
    163
    I can see many approach P3 differently and that is what confuses me. I am not having melba, nor did I in P2. I just had some Ahi for lunch with wasabi... I so missed sushi! I am forcing myself to eat. I have no appetite! Is there something that I should be snacking on through the day? I want to get enough calories!
    Fast Weight loss Online at the Weight Loss Center

  7. #7
    Member happydj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    R/P/M
    R4P2 injections
    Posts
    78
    Blog Entries
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by jmmrr View Post
    I can only share what worked for me. Others may have had a different experience.

    I did not eat apples or 1/2 & 1/2 on P3 because I think they have too much sugar, the apple especially. I used heavy cream in my coffee and the only fruit I ate was a few berries which are lower in sugar. I didn't eat berries every day, just a few times during those 3 weeks. The first day I added in lots of fat including butter, avocado, olive oil and homemade mayo. I was not sensitive to dairy as some are, and I ate raw cheese every day.

    I consumed a lot of calories, more than I ever had in my life. I ate a lot of fat. My first day, I had spinach quiche made with eggs, cheese and cream, with bacon for breakfast, a large homemade Cobb salad with blue cheese dressing for lunch, and grilled meat with mashed cauliflower for dinner. I ate sliced meat and vegetables for an afternoon snack. Mostly, I ate whole, homemade foods. I avoided processed foods and artificial anything. I did not tread with caution. I did not count calories, although I have enough knowledge of calories to estimate I ate 2500-3000 calories a day. I ate until I was satisfied. I stabilized perfectly and did not have to do any correction days in P3 or P4 during my first round. On my second round, I did the same thing. I am now beginning my 3rd (hopefully last) round and have not yet had to do a correction day.

    My opinion is that the biggest mistake you can make in P3 is to try to continue P2. You must eat enough food, more than you think you should eat. You must eat enough fat. Don't continue eating P2-style with the addition of one or two items. Forget P2. It is over. P3 is a new phase. Skip or limit the fruit. Skip the melba toast. Eat all the non-starchy vegetables you want. Eat all the fat you want. Eat lots of protein. Don't be afraid of this phase.
    Thank you for this info! Completely straight forward. I was about to choose the wrong path...treading lightly with P2 protocol into P3 (bad!). Got it! Just what I needed!
    dj


    ROUND 3 / INJECTIONS - Corion
    LOADING DAY #2

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by happydj View Post
    Thank you for this info! Completely straight forward. I was about to choose the wrong path...treading lightly with P2 protocol into P3 (bad!). Got it! Just what I needed!
    Actually, in my experience, this gradual transition is the very approach that has worked for me.

    Believe me, I know all too well the temptation of the psychological sense of finally having "the leash off". My first day of my first P3, I broke the vlcd by falling face first into an amazing, juicy ribeye steak. I could only eat a fraction of what I used to put away, by the end of it, I had a bad feeling that I made a terrible mistake. I can't explain how I gained 5 pounds that week that no steak day could correct, and it seemed that my body was a tractor beam for all things fat, just packed on what was supposed to be metabolized. Long story short, I ended up gaining about 70% of what I had worked so hard to lose. It was as exasperating as it was frightening. To follow directions, make adjustments, and still unable to stop getting fatter, like you're trapped in a runaway vehicle!

    The best experience I have had is a gradual easing in to P3 foods. Starting from the first day of P3, just increase portions of the vlcd diet. Gradually add a fat here and there as the days go on. Then dairy, nuts, etc. Take notice if the new food gives you bloating or some other reaction that a food intolerance would. Just because it's on a "protocol approved" list or fits the parameters "no starch/no sugar" doesn't mean it's right for YOUR body! You really must regard this as the "reset" phase the protocol makes it out to be, for best results, IME.

    I hate to be such a Marty McPoopenParty, I understand full well the relief of the burden of the vlcd diet, and the temptation to really let loose and chow after such good behavior. But the reward of keeping off the lard you worked so hard to lose is not worth any instance of immediate gratification. Remember, it's not forever, just a little while longer.

  9. #9
    Super Chief-Ninja Moderator grammy1952's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    R/P/M
    5 rounds, down 78# and at goal
    Posts
    47,255
    The biggest problem with treading lightly for most people is that they keep their calories too low. Your hypothalamus is gearing up for work again and you want to make sure your required calorie count is high enough. I do advocate treading lightly with new iffy foods though. So nuts, eggs, dairy especially are problematic. I always tell people to add ONE of those for three days at a time and watch the scale. Then try another. There is usually an underlying reason people end up on hcg in the first place. It's quite often gluten or dairy so those two things in particular should be tested very carefully when it's time. Too many people jump feet first into tons of dairy and nuts right off the bat which is a recipe for disaster.

    I'm glad your approach worked for you this time though!
    My expert Hcg Diet advice is based specifically on the original Simeons Protocol. Grammy's personal protocol:Grammy's Hcg Diet Protocol
    Grammy's author website: ColleenCoble.com

    I am not a medical doctor and my statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition. Please always check with your doctor for medical questions and assistance. Medical Disclaimer:

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •