Special Offer! $99 FREE Lipo with 60 Day Hcg Purchase: Coupon Code: HDIHCG DietDoc Sale
Popular Pages :

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

15 days with success?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 days with success?

Hey Ladies,

Has anyone of you done just 15 days and succesfully kept the weight off? I see some sites offer a 15 day program and others consider it an add-on. this will be R3 for me and I just want to get 'er done!!

The consensus around here will be absolutely NOT, especially if this is your last round. Go the min. of 23 days so your hypothalamus can reset and then 3 weeks of P3 & 3 weeks of p4 and you should be good to go. If you have lost all your abnormal fat before the 23 days are up, you will get hungrier and if so, add extra protein/veggies. you can go up to 800 cal per day, but stay on the protocol thru the end. Maybe you should re-read simeon's protocol for greater undersanding.

It's been slow, but well worth it!! I'm 5' 1.5" & 49.

Comment

I cycle and do 2 weeks on and one week off, but I am fully planning on my last series to do 23 days and then a proper p3 and a proper p4. I think shuly is correct

Comment

Aww yeah I read it a million times hoping I could find a loop hole!! However I did find one since this is the "tweaking" post... after the 21 days of drops you can take a break up to 14 days and then start the drops again without loading...didnt try it though, should have bc then I wouldnt have had to do another whole round...well heres to re- loading!

Comment

Universal, How is the cycling working for you?
          I found that in order to cycle, you must have strong willpower, willpower to wait that 72 hours before eating p3 food.
          I found cycling hard, and I just kept going back and forth, back and forth, and back and forth, this time I am taking a 6 week break and then doing my round and see if things improve.

Ellie
          I won the Biggest Loser Contest at Work, 207 Buckeroos... Yeppers!
          I won the Second Biggest Loser contest, 150 this time! Yeppers!

Comment

In r1 I went 27 days then 21 days for a quasi/semi p3. Essentially I blew it in p3 with too much travel and stress and the wrong foods so I ended up with a 6.6 gain. I headed back into r2 with 2 load days and p2. I've lost the all I gained (including 5 more with load). The best part is at -1 LDW from R1, I'm smaller in inches! I don't mind cycling or tweeking if I know I will stabilize and not yo-yo from it. What is the best way to stabilize when cycling?
            Last edited by Larue; September 22nd, 2010, 02:17 AM.

Comment

What is the best way to stabilize, period? I'm at R1P4Day 26. I stabilized well in P3 but am seriously struggling in P4. I lost 17.5 lbs during a 43-day round...only very moderate losses...and have gained back +5.0 from my LIW bringing my net post-load weight loss to 12.5 lbs... I think I can do better in R2 as I know a little more what to expect and how to deal with hunger (I had dosing issues in R1). I'm considering cycling because I struggled so much at the end of R1 with hunger, cravings and just tired-ness of the 500 cal/day lifestyle. I load this weekend and am excited to get started again! I'm committed to losing--about 19 lbs to go to hit my target! :-) I plan to listen to my body before making a decision to cycle... I have enough hcg to do a full 40-day round, but if I start to struggle again, I'm planning to cycle.

"Find a way or make one"

Comment

Originally posted by Elliebabe View Post
                Universal, How is the cycling working for you?
                I found that in order to cycle, you must have strong willpower, willpower to wait that 72 hours before eating p3 food.
                I found cycling hard, and I just kept going back and forth, back and forth, and back and forth, this time I am taking a 6 week break and then doing my round and see if things improve.

Ellie
                Ellie, I love the cycling. For me this is a better option than doing 40 straight days. I find the 2 weeks easy to get through because I know there is a little break coming soon. As for the 72 hours, I will say I don't find myself hungry until it is time to eat more. I don't like much variety of what we can have on p2 so it does get redundant quickly for me which leads my mind to the things I am missing. With only 2 weeks at a time - this is not an issue for me. I have done great in p3 and never gained at all during my week off. I can for sure see how it is different for everyone. I had a friend that was going to do this with me and she did the 40 days straight. She felt like for her, once she was in the habit she NEEDED to stay there, if she broke off for a week and ate salads and cheese . . . she didn't think she would have the will power to go back so quickly. I think my body also adjust better to the cycling. I am losing a lot of weight but my body is never adjusting to more than a 10 pound weight reduction at a time. My skin never seems to need to "catch up" as I have read with others . . . It is definitely not for everyone - I think if you "dread" starting the p2 cycling is not an option. Me, I LOVE being on p2. I love not feeling hungry and feel very productive. I seem to be one of those that has a slight energy increase from the shot so the other down side for me is I have some sleep trouble while in p2 - taking that week off also makes this bearable. . . .

As far as taking a 6 week break, I feel very strongly that you have to listen to your body and do what is best for you. You can't mess with success and go back to the original protocol if cycling is not the best choice for you. I think everyone is different especially given everyones different lifestyles so do what is best for you and just remember whatever phase you are in - stick with it. I had to stay in p3 for 3 weeks one time because of life in general and did just fine - had no problems starting back up and resumed right where I left off. Good luck!

Comment

mktngwiz - I think the one thing you have to remember about cycling is I believe most of us plan on the final round being 23 days of shots, 3 weeks of p3, and 3 weeks of p4 so with only 19 pounds to go you really need to think about this and read P & I. I don't think you are suppose to take a scheduled break before maybe 21 days of shots. I did, and didn't seem to have trouble, BUT this was right off the bat with my weight loss and things I use to get away with, I am finding myself much less tolerant the more I go through this process so you really should consult with others on this.

If you did 21 days and then took a week off, you would still have to finish with another 23 days of shots, 3 weeks of p3, and 3 weeks of p4 to stabilize properly. I think this step is critical and while I LOVE cycling, I am fully prepared to do the final round properly. For me, I couldn't grasp the concept of the need to "constantly" reset your hypo. It seems people of ALL varieties stabilize after on round so to me it didn't seem to be a crisis as to how you got to that round. I also have found myself to be stable thus far in p3 whether it was for a week or 3 so I am optimistic that if I follow protocol, I will do great.

I can relate to those dosing issues. I have had issues with that twice now. Early on I switched brands and didn't realize I needed to cut back and at the end of the last "session" and beginning of this one I had to lower my dose again - I guess because of the weight loss. I started my first 2 weeks at 200, then went down to 175 with the different brand and now on the same brand I am only needing 150. Definitely get your dose figured out - that is critical. I have lost 50 pounds so far and even with that as inspiration, I was struggling a week and half ago with my dose being off. I find the diet easy if the dose is correct and I am not hungry. If the dose if off and I am hungry - YIKES it is nearly impossible!

I am no expert like Lady Smart but hope this helps!

Comment

That is really good news that is works for some.
                    Another thing I have a lot of food sensitivities so I think if you have a lot of those cycling might not be a good idea.
                    I definately would be willing to do it, it's just that I've been going back and forth, and have gotten no where.
                    I lost 72 the first 6 months, and then lost to over 80. Now I am back at losing 70 pounds total and it's been One year since May. So that's one year and 4 months. I also think that eventually your body does need some kind of a break, probably the way Grammy did it. I just have too much to lose and am impatient, I am 230 as of today. I did eat organic cheese last night and didn't gain.
                    Another thing I was thinking about, since with homeopathic you don't actually have the hcg in your system just the vibration of it, maybe a person could do well who had to lose a lot of weight being that they wouldn't get as immune to it?
                    Just my thoughts, this next round I will start with homeopathic, (first time using it) then go to Rx, then finish off with homeopathic. See how it works. I hope that I have given my body enough time with 6 weeks. I like being on the diet and wish I could stay on and off it the rest of my life. It's a great way to keep weight off. I wanted to mention another thing that has been on my mind. A lady at work is dying of Cancer. I remember her drinking a diet coke everyday. Not sure if she had two a day, but I know at least one. She had cancer once and then it went away, now she is almost gone. I've looked up how aspartame is linked to Cancer. I just wanted to post this, I do use Splenda but won't use things with aspartame anymore.

Ellie
                    I won the Biggest Loser Contest at Work, 207 Buckeroos... Yeppers!
                    I won the Second Biggest Loser contest, 150 this time! Yeppers!

Comment

Does cycling really work and how...
                      Weight Loss Center is your best free resource for weight loss

Comment

shkelly, that one I am not sure of. I know "immunity" is suppose to be an issue. I have never done 40 days so I can't really tell you from personal experience but I would say you probably need to give it at least the 2 weeks. My logic being - if you give it enough time that P & I says you need to "reload" then you can bank on HCG not being in your system. I think you want to clear it as much as possible if you are going to cycle for any length of time so it doesn't become an issue down the road.

sexykitten25 cycling does work. I have only cycled so I know it works. I have lost 55 pounds to date and I have been in p3 anywhere from a week to 3 just depending on what was going on in my life. I have been lucky and had no issues, never had to do a steak day, and absolutely no gains in p3. I do 2 weeks on and 1 week off unless something comes up and I need to stay in p3. I typically don't have to "reload" and the one time I did, I loaded with p3 and maybe went up 1/2 a pound. Other than needed to lower my dose due to weight loss - I have LOVED cycling. It feels like I just started and today was day 10 of shots so 4 more to go and then a little break in a few days where I can eat some fattier foods and let my body rest and catch up. I don't think cycling "speeds" up your weight loss except in the sense of skipping the p4. If anything it might be a little slower given you really typically lose 10 pounds at a time. For me, I think this is easier on the body all the way around. I also found logic in the protocol. The point of the 23 days of shots is to "rest" your hypothalamus and "reset" it right? Okay well if it is suppose be reset for life - in theory - then why do you need to "reset" it time after time doing all these different rounds? For me, it seemed finishing with that was ideal. I am not knocking the protocol because it clearly works, but I know it is easier for me to adjust to a 10 pound loss at one time than a 30 pound loss and I also know I am much more productive about it by doing shorter increments. I will finish with a proper 23 day round complete with both p3 and p4.

Comment

The problem I would have with your method is that you are never on hcg the minimum 23 days. Glad it has worked for you though and hope the weight stays gone when you are done. I personally would be afraid to try something that rogue.
                          My advice is based specifically on the original Simeons Protocol and may not reflect the guidelines of all Hcg weight loss plans. Grammy's personal protocol:Grammy's Hcg Diet Blog
                          Grammy's author website: ColleenCoble.com

I am not a medical doctor and my statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition. Please always check with your doctor for medical questions and assistance. Medical Disclaimer:

Comment

Grammy please note the above statement : will finish with a proper 23 day round complete with both p3 and p4.

Given I have already done 3 full weeks of p3 at one point with absolutely no need for a steak day or even a gain, I can't imagine there will be a problem. I have added in things such as cheese, eggs, fatty meats, nuts, and such with no problems at all. I understand if the method is not for you, but times have changed significantly since the 50's when the protocol came out. I find it inconceivable that there would not have been some adjustments / adaptations made along the way. I have zero concerns about finishing my last round with a proper 23 days of shots, a full 3 weeks of p3 and then onto p4. I will be extremely cautious in p4.

Grammy, why is it you suspect finishing with a proper round won't allow stabilization? Most people that are here have yo-yo dieted or abused their body with their eating habits and NONE of these are suppose to be factors for stabilization IF the protocol is carried out properly. What we all have learned from P & I and everyone's experience is that IF the protocol is followed properly, you will lose weight AND you will stabilize with your body reset. Why or how do you not apply this logic to the end of cycling? What is different? I have never understood it to be - "you will lose weight and stabilize if you haven't done x, y, and z. I have understood it to be a savor for many that have tried everything else. It seems a 23 day round either resets your body or doesn't, I didn't understand this to be a conditional thing.

I could be completely wrong, but this is based on the logic and science of the diet. I understand it isn't for everyone and have NEVER knocked the original protocol but not everyone is the same and sometimes people need a different option.

Comment

universal- i agree that if you do an acceptable length round at the end it should re-set your hypothalamus just like anyone else. but i know one concern people have with cycling is not having any "practice" time in P4. i have that same concern for those who stay in P3 for their full break time. there is a learning curve in terms of what you can eat without gaining, and what you can't. many people find they gain slowly in P4 and it takes a while to figure it out. of course that doesn't mean that you couldn't go back and do another short round, and "reset" again. i'm tempted to cycle myself, although since i only have one round to go i'll probably just do a traditional round.

i think it also makes a difference what foods (and amounts) you add back in during P3. i don't think Dr. S. ever anticipated people making things like cocoa crack, mug cake, fried chicken with coconut flour, P3 cheesecake, and ice cream made with sugar alcohols. i don't believe P3 and P4 can be a free-for-all for those kinds of things just because they don't technically have sugar or starch in them.

finally, Dr. S. states that 60-70% of people have "little to no difficulty" in maintaining their weight. that means that 30-40% DO have difficulty, in spite of following the protocol to a T. i think at times we are too quick to assume someone is not doing something "right" because they can't maintain- when obviously there was a large group of people who continued to struggle after doing the protocol.

with that large a percentage, we know this protocol is not "one size fits all". so if someone can make modifications that work for them, more power to them!
                              Last edited by mgsondance; September 26th, 2010, 07:11 AM.
                              Buying Hcg: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums...i-start-39144/

Help if Hungry: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums...se-read-27902/

Where to Buy Real Hcg Injections, Drops and Tablets: https://hcgdietinfo.com/buy-hcg-injections-online/

Disclaimer: I am a retired moderator of these forums. I am not a medical doctor. My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prevent any medical condition. Read more: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums...2/#post1020418

Comment

Working...
                              X