Special Offer! $99 FREE Lipo with 60 Day Hcg Purchase: Coupon Code: HDIHCG DietDoc Sale
Popular Pages :

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Diet Soda

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet Soda

I know Diet Soda is banned from the program but I've also seen a few people say they occasionly have one. I know this sounds insane but I'm more worried about giving up Diet Coke than any food item!

So.......if I have to cheat on this item, what would be the least offending diet soda? Coke Zero, Diet Coke, one of the others?

TIA!

I wouldn't risk it. Diet soda was one of the #1 benefactors to my weight gain before this diet. I wouldn't drink any soda unless it's made with cane sugar or stevia. It's possible that a soda with stevia would be OK, but soda isn't good for you in any form. I stay away from it, personally.

Lost 8 lbs on my own, 24 lbs on R1, regained 8 lbs, now I'm back for R2!

R2 stats with hCG patches:
    3/22 - 168.2 LOAD
    3/23 - 169.4 LOAD
    3/24 - 170.8 LOAD
    LPW 4/25 - 151.8

Comment

I have drank Crystal Light the whole time and averaged 1 pound a day loss (down 36 pounds on day 36). It's been fine for me. People can say I may have lost more but with the average for guys being a pound a day not sure I could have lost much more.

Comment

I have had coke zero several times a week and had no problems. Of course everyone is different, so rally the only thing you can do is try one and see if it causes you to stall or gain.

Jenni

Comment

Hi, I am new here and I know this is an old thread, but I read somewhere that certain diet sodas are OK as long as they are not made with splenda. Splenda is treated by the body like sugar and causes the body to release insulin. So avoid splenda and you should be OK.
          [url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wKEei28/]

Comment

I allow myself a Tab every 3 days. It is made with saccharin.

Comment

I'm a Holistic Health nut- I am not looking for a debate- however, I have always been adamant about the problem with diet sodas (and other highly processed chemical 'food')- It's just not worth it.

Check out this recent study on diet sodas:

http://www.naturalnews.com/033110_di...#ixzz1T3Y31Gba
              DISCLAIMER: I mostly follow Dr. Simeons protocol however, I may talk about things that are not advised in his book Pounds and Inches. Those things or items have neutral affect on me personally and do not effect my weight loss in an unfavorable way, however. I will attempt to note when something I mention is "off protocol".
              RESOURCES:
              Weight Loss Apocalypse by: Robin Phipps Woodall
              Mindset Magic by Happy Conscious Gal
              Geneen Roth

www.amysepiphanies.org

Comment

If you have to have soda then you should go with Zevia. I'm sure its okay for P3 but I imagine it may be okay for p2 as well (not sure though). Its sweetened with Stevia instead of sugar or splenda and has 0 grams of sugar on the label. You can find it at Whole Foods.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ambrosia View Post
                  If you have to have soda then you should go with Zevia. I'm sure its okay for P3 but I imagine it may be okay for p2 as well (not sure though). Its sweetened with Stevia instead of sugar or splenda and has 0 grams of sugar on the label. You can find it at Whole Foods.
                  I concur- however, the name is slightly deceiving- there is only a small amount of stevia, hard to say how much-the main sweetener ingredient in it is actually erythritol, a sugar alcohol- I know some people who could have on in p2 from time to time- they seemed to have gains or stalls when more than one is consumed in a short period of time. Also sugar alcohols are known to cause diarrhea especially in sensitive individuals, which could cause you to retain water due to water loss, thus stalling your losses.
                  Last edited by alouise26; July 31st, 2011, 02:15 PM.
                  DISCLAIMER: I mostly follow Dr. Simeons protocol however, I may talk about things that are not advised in his book Pounds and Inches. Those things or items have neutral affect on me personally and do not effect my weight loss in an unfavorable way, however. I will attempt to note when something I mention is "off protocol".
                  RESOURCES:
                  Geneen Roth

www.amysepiphanies.org

Comment

I've been drinking one to two Zevia per day on P2. I've been using stevia for years though, so I'm not sure how it will effect you, I think I'm used to it by now. No stalls, but I've only been on HCG for 5 days.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Roo View Post
                      I've been drinking one to two Zevia per day on P2. I've been using stevia for years though, so I'm not sure how it will effect you, I think I'm used to it by now. No stalls, but I've only been on HCG for 5 days.
                      Yep- everyone is different!

But it's not the stevia in the Zevia that makes some people stall, it's the erythritol......

But I haven't tried it in p2- I just know some folks that stall from it, and others who do not.
                      RESOURCES:
                      Geneen Roth

www.amysepiphanies.org

Comment

Originally posted by JudyinGeorgia View Post
                        I know Diet Soda is banned from the program but I've also seen a few people say they occasionly have one. I know this sounds insane but I'm more worried about giving up Diet Coke than any food item!

So.......if I have to cheat on this item, what would be the least offending diet soda? Coke Zero, Diet Coke, one of the others?

TIA!
                        I wouldn't do it either. You need to get off the soda habit anyway. It eats your bones. It isn't healthy. Getting thin is all about getting healthy.

I have been on the diet for 40 days and I did have one diet soda. I was in the heat and it was all that was availible. I think most people do not allow for daily soda.
                        Round 1 phase 2 did 107 days Hhcg Lost 52 pounds. So glad I fell for this 'scam'!!

Started R2 10/26/11. Lost 6 pounds first week. Bad drops, no lost weight, the holidays did me in!

For 4 years I stayed within 10# of my LDW. But, in last year, packed on 40#!

R3 P2 07/14/16 Rx premixed injections from clinic.

I attend Celebrate Recovery for support and encouragement. It's free!

Comment

No one was a bigger Diet Dr. Pepper head than I was
                          When I went on hcg I wanted the weight gone so badly that I just stopped drinking it. Nothing was going to break through my will at this point and certainly not a substance. The problem with Zevia, Tab and the others is yeah maybe you can "skirt the system" but what you're taking with you the rest of your days is not a lesson but another way to avoid what really should be done in the first place.
                          This diet isn't designed to be a quick fix for the way you look but a lifelong fix for your body. Diet soda is poison to your body and only serves to make your cravings more intense inevitably landing you back where you started.

I'm sorry if I come across as being preachy. At the end of the day I am just looking out for people. I know that ever since I stopped soda altogether I feel about 100 times better. If you can handle it, it will be one of the best things you've ever done.

"A change in perspective is worth 80 IQ points" - Alan Kay

Comment

I agree - giving up soda and diet soda is one of the best things you could ever do. They are both bad for you (one has too much sugar and the other is just a buncha chemicals). Is that really what you want to be dumping into your body every day - a buncha chemicals? This diet is about detoxing so why would you be adding toxins in while you're trying to flush them out? If you want to feel as good as you look, eat and drink healthy! And best of luck!
                            Please leave only your footprints.

Comment

I had diet coke mixed with Bacardi limon in p3, the only side effect I noticed was it made me crave carbs, I switched to crystal light pure fruit punch and that seemed to help curb the cravings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X