Special Offer! $99 FREE Lipo with 60 Day Hcg Purchase: Coupon Code: HDIHCG DietDoc Sale
Popular Pages :

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canned tuna or chicken?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canned tuna or chicken?

Can you use it during P2 for emergency situations? I am asking because my HCG should be here in about 2 weeks, but we are going out of town the end of March for 3 days and really don't want to wait until then to start the diet. I could take apples with me and some bagged lettuce, could I do canned chicken or tuna for my protien? I know it's not ideal but would it work?
    ~ Marnie
    Wife, mom to a 13 & 11 yo
    Financial Service Rep

Pre load 157.8 (3/12/2011)
    Post load 159.7

R1 LDW 139.2
    R2 LDW 121.4
    R3 LDW 117.6 (did this short round to get off the holiday weight)

Lost 4 pant sizes!

I have the same dilemma. Life is in the way right now of starting. I was considering a side of greens and finding a seafood restaurant give me some boiled shrimp. But then you can't weight it, so it's best just to wait and start right. At least that's my take on it. I believe the Tuna is not protocol. But I'm not sure what kind of additives/preservatives are in the canned chicken.
    5'5" Medium Frame
    May 2012 lowest weight 148.8 - reached in P3.

WEIGHT-LOSS APOCALYPSE. A must read before following the protocol. PERIOD.
    http://www.amazon.com/Weight-Loss-Ap.../dp/B0068E5F0W

Comment

If you have to have canned chicken stick with the white meat only. Im not sure what the veterans would say about it though. If you are able to you might try and just take a cooler with and cook up some meals ahead of time.
      Smiley aka Nicole

Comment

My go to meal that I always have on hand is canned chicken and canned spinach. It's not the tastiest but I can take it with me when I travel and it's always in the cupboard in case I get home late and don't have the energy to cook. I'm not a big fan of canned tuna and it's not on protocol but several people do it without an issue.

As for shrimp, I eat that quite often when I'm out of town, boiled if possible. I probably get more than 3.5 oz but they have so many fewer calories than chicken or beef, I don't think it matters. It certainly didn't affect my weight loss.

The bigger issue for me while traveling is keeping my drops refridgerated. No matter how I pack it, they always seem to get warm. I've started switching over to pellets when I travel. I'm a little hungrier but not so badly I need to stray.

My biggest suggestion for those just starting is to make a menu for each day and try to mix it up for dinner so you have something to look forward to. Then keep notes on what worked and what didn't. It makes you get really into it and it verifies that you're in control and not the food, or the travel, or whatever circumstances you're in.

Comment

Originally posted by Smileynik1 View Post
          If you have to have canned chicken stick with the white meat only. Im not sure what the veterans would say about it though. If you are able to you might try and just take a cooler with and cook up some meals ahead of time.
          I would recommend freezing everything cooked and taking it with you...thaw them out as needed. If Worse comes to worst, wherever you go request a chicken breast cooked with water not oil.. Just tell them that you are highly allergic to anything with any added ingredients.. .. If you are going with someone else that likes shrimp, you can calculate out how many make up the ounces you need.. remember, restaurants are quoting their 1 pound of steam shrimp at their raw weight, not cooked weight..
          Full Disclosure, Started out on 1/20/11 @ 355 pounds. That was my wake-up call. Preload 2/6/11 @ 333.

Comment

We are flying, so not sure a cooler would work. I really need to find a way to start, I just can't wait a whole month before being able to start.
            ~ Marnie
            Financial Service Rep

Post load 159.7

R1 LDW 139.2
            R2 LDW 121.4

Lost 4 pant sizes!

Comment

How long is your trip?

Comment

It is 3 days, we will fly out Wed and be home Sat evening. So I guess 3 1/2 days. My HCG should be here in about 2 weeks and we will leave on March 23. We will be staying in a hotel so probably won't have access to a microwave. I am just hoping to find a way through it so I won't have to wait.
                ~ Marnie
                Financial Service Rep

Post load 159.7

R1 LDW 139.2
                R2 LDW 121.4

Lost 4 pant sizes!

Comment

I am sure you can wing it.. at that point, you will know what you can and cannot have.. many have been fine with canned tuna.. just rinse the water out with fresh water.. or maybe call down ahead of time and request a room with a fridge and hit the grocery store when you get there? just a thought.
                  Full Disclosure, Started out on 1/20/11 @ 355 pounds. That was my wake-up call. Preload 2/6/11 @ 333.

Comment

You can figure this out just keep trying. Three days is doable. I've found that most mid-priced hotels do have microwaves and refrigerators (think Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express). If you can go to the grocery store after you arrive you can avoid packing your food. You can also get grilled chicken salads just about anywhere, just make sure they don't put cheese and croutons and nuts on it. (It's amazing how they sneak that stuff in there!) There's going to be a lot of people who disagree with me on this but my biggest suggestion is to just not fret it. Do your best to stay on protocol but if you have to make a slight adjustment that is questionable so you can eat anything at all, do it completely consciously and accept that you're not a perfect person. When you get back home, you can get right back to the real plan and go from there.

Comment

When I travel I go to Burger King and get the grilled chicken salad. Take out the tray and throw it away. Eat the chicken and salad greens. Another thing I have done is go to a resturant and order the 6 oz or 8 oz steak with a salad or steamed broccoli. I know broccoli is not protical but well once or twice won't hurt you. If I get the 8 oz I cut it in half and save it for the next meal (saves a little money) and buy a bag of lettuce to eat with it. Just stress no added oils. If you tell them you are allergic they listen more and try to do better. I also take my apples with me. If you are flying and the hotel has a breakfast go look for some fruit. They usually have whole apples, so I get a couple for the day. Remember when you travel to drink your fluids. Traveling can make you hold fluids. Good luck.
                      Last edited by La.girl; February 21st, 2011, 03:19 PM.
                      Dance as though no one is watching, Love beyond words, Sing as though no one can hear you.

Comment

I ate canned tuna and canned chicken on my first round. I didn't think it hurt me, but maybe my losses would have been greater without it.

Judge your successes by what you had to give up to get it.
                        Starting wt 202
                        LDW after 40 day Round 1 - 178.2
                        LDW after 40 day Round 2 - 162.1
                        Gained back 18 lbs comfort eating through divorce!
                        Starting Round 3 at 180.2. 182.2 after loading.

Comment

Out back has a 500 calorie menu. I had grilled chicken and broccoli (I don't have an issue with broccoli). I ate the broccoli and half the chicken and saved the other half to put on salad greens the next day.

Applebees has a 550 caorie menu. Just ask them to withhold the potatoes and the cheese. At the end of the day it was probably still too much but it didn't cause a stall and DANG was it good!

Comment

Hi All,
                            I'm never sure when a person talks about travel if they are trying to cover the air time or the land time too. I will make a slight caution about shrimp--it stalls some people. Also, how long will you be traveling. Is it a few days or weeks?

Every deli has a lean real meat to slice. I have often had to get myself a 1/2 pound of lean chicken breast or roast beef at a deli counter. They always have an apple back there. A pickle (Very salty cucumber).

A diner will make you anything you want, made any way you want it made. In a restaurant tell them not to finish off the protein you're having with butter.

Better yet tell them you are allergic to almost everything and you need the whatever prepared w/o: oil or butter.

Many have used canned tuna. Many of us have theorized that the reason it's not on protocol is that in the day it was tuna in oil only. But P & I also says that lots of foods were tested and some work better than others. I've heard others say that they have used canned chicken with no problem.

I have had the occasion, in P2, to eat soft and hard boiled eggs. Many people have egg sensitivities that they aren't conscious of until they enter P3. But I was stuck and hungry. In that instance 4 egg whites are allowed and 1 yolk.

I have used canned tomato. Glen Muir has no added sugars.

I think you really need to look at the time line again.

Comment

My 3 1/2 days include travel time. Thanks so much for everyone's input. I think I can pull it off those days. I just really don't want to put off starting the diet for 5 more weeks. They said my HCG would ship out tomorrow, I am really excited about this.
                              ~ Marnie
                              Financial Service Rep

Post load 159.7

R1 LDW 139.2
                              R2 LDW 121.4

Lost 4 pant sizes!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X