Special Offer! $99 FREE Lipo with 60 Day Hcg Purchase: Coupon Code: HDIHCG DietDoc Sale
Popular Pages :

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Failure.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Failure.

That's just about the only word I can think of to describe my efforts at stabilizing thusfar. I can understand a 5-6 lb gain in 3 days if the first thing I did upon transitioning was start to shove Wonder bread in my mouth, drizzled in maple syrup with some M&Ms and Reese's Pieces stuffed inside. What I can't abide by is the fact that I upped my protein and attempted to up my calories but all I upped was my weight.

Yesterday I added eggs after losing 1 lb the previous night upon incorporating cheese. Today I woke up at 211 again. I ate an apple for breakfast, 2 eggs over easy fried on PAM cooking spray for second breakfast, tuna with celery, onion, and mayo for lunch with 2 slices of tomato and 2 slices of muenster (same as I ate on Tuesday), for an in between snack I had cottage cheese (no sugar - I bought the non fat-free one this time lol) and 5 unsalted almonds, then for dinner I had "lettuce pizza" - organic pepperonni slices (no sugar, cornstarch or too much sodium - just pork and beef with spices) on 2 wedges of garlic & herb laughing cow spreadable cheese (no sugar or excessive salt in that either), spread on the lettuce lol.

I'm drinking my water, althought slightly less than I drank while on the drops. I haven't increased exercise dramatically. Everything I put in my body is either pure protein or protein plus fat. While I'm thrilled that my biggest weakness - cheese - appears to be safe, I'm not thrilled that I'm yoyo-ing around 4-5 lbs above my LDW. I still can't do a steak day because of the medication I'm on for pain - it requires food. That, plus my blood sugar is not very stable, and if I don't eat all day, I will feel weak and will likely faint, as I've done before. Should I accept it and struggle with the scale every day, counting down the days to when I will go running back to P2 while "stabilizing" 4-5 bs above my LDW, assuming the scale doesn't continue upwards, of course, or are there other alternatives to steak days to get the scale to go down?

Also, any tips on how you got the calories up? I couldn't even manage to crack 1,100 yesterday, despite the fact that I added in almonds, pepperoni, and cheese at dinner even though I had a serving of cheese for lunch:

Apple: 70 calories
    2 eggs fried on PAM: 150 calories
    1 serving of tuna (half can): 100 calories
    2 tbsp of mayo: 220 calories
    2 slices of muenster: 200 calories
    2 slices of tomato: 10 calories
    1/2 cup cottage cheese: 115 calories
    2 wedges Laughing Cow cheese: 70 calories
    1 serving of Hormel pepperoni: 140 calories
    2 pieces of lettuce: 10 calories

I don't know if it's new food aversions, but I can't bring myself to want to eat ANYTHING. I just eat to not feel hungry, but I'm disgusted with everything I see. I don't even have cravings, which I was expecting to have to battle in P3 with the new food choices. Any thoughts? This absolutely sucks. The weirdest part is that inches-wise, my measurements have stayed on point throughout this past week, even though I'm 6 lbs higher than what I weighed the day after discontinuing my drops. I'm just so darn confused, and as always, apologies for my rant!
    Rogue User - I DO NOT eat on protocol!

5'8"/26 yrs old

R1: 250 - 203 = 47 lbs lost in 60 days
    R2: 193 - 176 = 17 lbs lost in 36 days

are you drinking enough water or near TOM? Sounds like water retention.
    Starting my first round on 3/3/11 with Sublingual Rx Hucog
    I'm also a mark. representative. If you are interested in oil free cosmetics you can visit my boutique http://rkeller.mymarkstore.com/ or pm me for information!

Comment

Originally posted by Smashie View Post
      are you drinking enough water or near TOM? Sounds like water retention.
      TOM is over 2 weeks away, and I'm drinking only slightly less water than I was before, and I've been careful about checking sodium content for everything I eat, as well as obviously checking for sugar. I'm going to just eat boiled egg whites for a mini-breakfast, since those never caused problems for me in P2 or while transitioning into P3. I already had my apple. I will try doing small bursts of protein and then steak tonight, see if that works.

5'8"/26 yrs old

Comment

Have you counted the protein grams you are eating? I'm a novice at this, but it looks like your protein is lacking and I've heard that unless you get enough protein you gain.

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
          Have you counted the protein grams you are eating? I'm a novice at this, but it looks like your protein is lacking and I've heard that unless you get enough protein you gain.
          Protein from 2 fried eggs: 13 gr
          Protein from 1/2 can of tuna: 17 gr
          Protein from 2 slices of muenster: 10 gr
          Protein from 1/2c cottage cheese: 15 gr
          Protein from 2 Laughing Cow wedges: 4 gr
          Protein from pepperoni: 5 gr
          Protein from almonds: 8 gr

So looks like only 72 grams of protein for the day. I was eating even less of it on P2, though. Will try to up the intake but like I said, if I push myself too hard, I can't keep the food down.

5'8"/26 yrs old

Comment

Originally posted by ADogTrainer View Post
            a 5-6 lb gain in 3 days

Yesterday I added eggs Hello

after losing 1 lb the previous night upon incorporating cheese. what kind, soft or hard?? Today I woke up at 211 again. I ate an apple for breakfast, 2 eggs Hello! over easy fried on PAM cooking spray for second breakfast, tuna with celery, onion, and mayo for lunch with 2 slices of tomato and 2 slices of muenster (same as I ate on Tuesday), for an in between snack I had cottage cheese Hello! (no sugar - I bought the non fat-free one this time lol) and 5 unsalted almonds HELLO!, then for dinner I had "lettuce pizza" - organic pepperonni slices (no sugar, cornstarch or too much sodium - just pork and beef with spices) on 2 wedges of garlic & herb laughing cow spreadable cheese Hello! (no sugar or excessive salt in that either), spread on the lettuce lol.

I actually answered a post of yours on another thread and suggested that you had a food sensitivity. everyone of your adds so far has been one I asked...

I'm drinking my water, althought slightly less than I drank while on the drops. I haven't increased exercise dramatically. Everything I put in my body is either pure protein or protein plus fat.
            Just the wrong one's for you...if you had been on my thread I would have suggested a WHOLE other course for you to start P3. I actually posted it there.

While I'm thrilled that my biggest weakness - cheese - appears to be safe, I'm not thrilled that I'm yoyo-ing around 4-5 lbs above my LDW. I still can't do a steak day because of the medication I'm on for pain - it requires food.

I don't follow...come see me.

That, plus my blood sugar is not very stable, and if I don't eat all day, I will feel weak and will likely faint, as I've done before. Should I accept it and struggle with the scale every day, counting down the days to when I will go running back to P2 while "stabilizing" 4-5 bs above my LDW, assuming the scale doesn't continue upwards, of course, or are there other alternatives to steak days to get the scale to go down?

This is very fixable.

Also, any tips on how you got the calories up? I couldn't even manage to crack 1,100 yesterday, despite the fact that I added in almonds, pepperoni, and cheese at dinner even though I had a serving of cheese for lunch:

Apple: 70 calories
            2 eggs fried on PAM: 150 calories
            1 serving of tuna (half can): 100 calories
            2 tbsp of mayo: 220 calories
            2 slices of muenster: 200 calories
            2 slices of tomato: 10 calories
            1/2 cup cottage cheese: 115 calories
            2 wedges Laughing Cow cheese: 70 calories
            1 serving of Hormel pepperoni: 140 calories
            2 pieces of lettuce: 10 calories

I don't know if it's new food aversions, but I can't bring myself to want to eat ANYTHING. Aversions due to the sensitivities. Your body is TELLING you that you're eating the wrong foods.

I just eat to not feel hungry, but I'm disgusted with everything I see. I don't even have cravings, which I was expecting to have to battle in P3 with the new food choices. Any thoughts? This absolutely sucks. The weirdest part is that inches-wise, my measurements have stayed on point throughout this past week, even though I'm 6 lbs higher than what I weighed the day after discontinuing my drops. I'm just so darn confused, and as always, apologies for my rant!
            Come to the Gobble Gobble thread so I can keep track of the discussion. Look at my earlier post on the other thread about the woman who's near P3 but is going up...

Page 89 of the Gobble Gobble thread and pretty much what Grammy said... you can see the discussion of other women in exactly your boat!
            Last edited by wasa4; February 24th, 2011, 07:49 AM.

Comment

You need more meat for one thing. And you're eating a lot of cheese instead which is not a good thing. I'd go back to only meat and veggies. Eat meat every 2-3 hours and get your weight down. no dairy, nuts or eggs for 2 days. Then add one thing for 3 days in a row. For example add back eggs and eat them three days in a row before adding back dairy. Then add dairy for 3 days in a row and watch your weight.
              My advice is based specifically on the original Simeons Protocol and may not reflect the guidelines of all Hcg weight loss plans. Grammy's personal protocol:Grammy's Hcg Diet Blog
              Grammy's author website: ColleenCoble.com

I am not a medical doctor and my statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition. Please always check with your doctor for medical questions and assistance. Medical Disclaimer:

Comment

Thank you for everyone's input.

I'm flattered to know that everything I've been consuming has likely resulted in this gain of around 5 lbs over LDW, especially given the fact that cheese was added on Tuesday, AFTER the scale already showed 211. Given my newfound food aversions, as well as the physical and financial inability to afford to pack certain foods into my body every few hours, I don't think I'll be following protocol anymore, because this is getting ridiculous.

I'm not eating enough, but I can barely hold down anything I'm eating. I can't forcefeed myself because the food comes back up. The easiest sources for protein which I'm not completely revolted by (yet) like cottage cheese and nuts could be contributing to the gains, and the only other alternative for me would be to alternate between tuna and steak/other meat all day long every few hours, and snagging a piece of lettuce here and there, since every vegetable I've put in my mouth except for the tomato slices has been thrown up (thanks, P2!!!).

I wish there was a magical pill I could take that would make me want to eat and be able to hold disgusting food down, but I just can't do it, so I'll make do with what I have and if I don't stabilize and keep gaining, then I don't care anymore, because going back to P2 foods right now will result in me throwing up everything, since I can't look at it right now, and my new options that I was so looking forward to in P3 are really not options at all, and I'm at the end of my rope here.

Nausea and food aversion was something I was having issues with coming into this protocol in the first place, so from now on, I'm going to cook and eat whatever the hell I want, as long as it has no sugar or starches, because if my food sensitivity panel came back negative for everything, then it's not worth it to me to either starve or throw up things I can't stomach anymore just to "be safe".

I'm counting calories, fat/protein/carb ratios, looking out for hidden sugars/salts/chemicals, and avoiding starches and sugars. Maybe I'm just supposed to stabilize around 210-211. Maybe my body just hates me. Maybe it's the back pain and painkillers causing severe water retention. Maybe it's not enough water/protein. I don't know, and I don't care anymore, but either way, I can't force myself to eat, especially things I despise eating, knowing it will only lead me right back to avoiding all foods, and I started on this journey so that I could avoid going back to where I've already been. Thankfully I don't crave carbs or sugar, otherwise I'd really be screwed.

5'8"/26 yrs old

Comment

Originally posted by grammy1952 View Post
                  I'd go back to only meat and veggies. Eat meat every 2-3 hours and get your weight down. no dairy, nuts or eggs for 2 days.
                  I suggested this EXACT thing in another thread of yours.

Comment

Don't give up! Have you thought about digestive emzymes to help? I have a very hard time in the first week or so of p3 with nausea and BM's. I take a probiotic all during p2 and p3 to help and it makes a big difference. There has to be something that is causing the nausea. Sugar Free Gum ro Soda's? Those are fine for me in p2 but make me feel terrible in p3.

Go back to natural eating, nothing processed only what comes from the earth and unprocessed meats. (Basically veggies and meat) Do what grammy says, she knows! I also don't think that cheese is safe for you, you are up 6 lbs arent you??? That doesnt show that cheese is safe.

R2P2!

Comment

Originally posted by universal2 View Post
                      I can't eat that often at my job, and I sure as hell can't eat every 2-3 hours! All I've eaten since 8 PM yesterday was an apple at 8 am. It's almost 11, and if I eat now, I won't be hungry when lunch comes around, so that'll come right back up if I try to stuff it down. After lunch, I can't eat until at least 5 pm due to time constraints. I can only eat so much between 5-9 PM before bed (I wake up for work at 4:30 AM every day). I'm probably just going to go rogue and calorie cycle, because that's the only way I can think of being able to have some sort of stability.

I was under the impression that eggs, nuts, and dairy were things people had to be cautious with because of food sensitivities, and I thought that those were possible even if a food sensitivity test came back negative (like mine) simply due to combinations or whatever. But at the rate I'm going, I can't afford to not eat while I debate the issue some more, wondering how a sensitivity test could come back negative, yet all these foods I'm incorporating are making me gain. It's confusing and backwards, if you ask me. That's one of the reasons I was so excited to get onto P3 - the foods I was going to be able to enjoy!

So I don't know what's going on with or in my body that's causing this, but I clearly can't abide by the protocol in getting enough protein and getting enough calories without vomiting. I'll attempt to incorporate the protein shakes more, but that's also getting old very quickly, and I absolutely don't want to risk becoming averse to that (organic pure hemp protein shakes are great but taste like dirt/grass/poop/whatever and cannot be successfully masked with anything other than bananas and other nono's). Basically, I will try my best but I'm just gonna take the protocol at face value - eat whatever I want except sugar and starches, and keep my eye on calorie count, nutrition ratios, and hidden sugars/too much sodium. It's all I can do right now.

5'8"/26 yrs old

Comment

Originally posted by eegrl View Post
                        Don't give up! Have you thought about digestive emzymes to help? I have a very hard time in the first week or so of p3 with nausea and BM's. I take a probiotic all during p2 and p3 to help and it makes a big difference. There has to be something that is causing the nausea. Sugar Free Gum ro Soda's? Those are fine for me in p2 but make me feel terrible in p3.

Go back to natural eating, nothing processed only what comes from the earth and unprocessed meats. (Basically veggies and meat) Do what grammy says, she knows! I also don't think that cheese is safe for you, you are up 6 lbs arent you??? That doesnt show that cheese is safe.
                        I've thought about enzymes, however, I've had a horrible time with probiotics and can't take any of them in any dosages whatsoever (unless a trace amount finds its way into a natural yogurt or something). My body is definitely sensitive to processed foods - I learned that the easy way by stuffing my face with all sorts of nono's and sugary sweet alcoholic drinks on a 10-day vacation of lounging around doing nothing, and I came back 6 lbs lighter because the food was natural and unpolluted with chemicals.

With respect to the cheese, let me be clear. I weighed 206 on Friday, 205 on Saturday, 207 on Sunday, 207.4 on Monday, and 211 on Tuesday. Tuesday was the first time I had cheese in about 3 months. Yesterday morning I weighed 210 and ate 2 types of cheese during the day, one for lunch and one for dinner. This morning I was back up to 211. The nuts and eggs didn't come into play until yesterday. The problem is the fact that my body went from 207.4 to 211 overnight, without explanation, and has stayed there. From Sunday-Tuesday the cottage cheese I ate contained maltodextrin, however yesterday's cottage cheese was "full fat" and I was still heavier this morning. Hence the confusion, especially since I don't appear to have any food sensitivities, according to my bloodwork from an immunologist.

5'8"/26 yrs old

Comment

Originally posted by universal2 View Post
                          As did I.
                          -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          216 to 135 in 3 rounds. I've done hHCG and RX.
                          My HCG journey blog.
                          COLOR="#006400"]My Facebook Group-Working At Healthy[/COLOR][/B]

WHERE TO BUY HCG & Supplies: https://hcgdietinfo.com/buy-hcg-injections-online/

Disclaimer: I am a moderator of these forums. I am not a medical doctor. My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prevent any medical condition. Read more: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums...2/#post1020418

Comment

No offense adogtrainer but you don't seem to really want or take the advice offered here. There is no "magical" pill for anything in life and you either want this or you don't - no one here can make you want it for yourself.

With that said, please read up on others post about this same topic. The people that have the most trouble with p3 are the ones that do NOT add things in slowly. I think I recall saying this to you a few weeks before you went into p3. The first few days (minimum) you up your calories and fat with the intake of more protein and veggies WITHOUT really adding in anything new. ALL the things you are currently consuming are known to cause some people some trouble. Now that is not to say each and everyone of them is causing you a problem but you can't possibly know with the approach you have taken to p3. If you are ready to throw in the towel after a few days that haven't gone like you wanted, well I have no answers for that. If you choose to try to get back on track I feel certain there is some help here to be offered if you are willing and accepting of it.

If you are not having much of an appetite - again try the protein shakes. You could have several of these a day. Eat salad in between with a mixture of veggies. Eat this for at least the next 3 days til things quiet down. Then mentally start again. NO where on here has anyone ever recommended in the first 5 days of p3 to eat eggs, soft cheeses, peanut butter, and almonds all within that short of a period of time. Most people would not succeed at p3 trying to do it this way. I know from reading your other thread about trying to go rogue and thinking that it is all about the calories but it isn't. You seem reluctant to believe that these changes we are making to our bodies take a little adjustment period, you continually want to push, push, push. SLOW DOWN. Go one day at a time. I suspect at some point you will likely be able to eat most of the above list at some point in time but in no way, shape, or form would anyone on this board tell you that that was a great idea for success during the first 5 days of p3. I suspect you thought it would be fine in moderation because your calories would be so low - this is self sabotaging as this is NOT how this diet works at all. I have a sneaking suspicion your thought process is that if other people are eating 2000+ calories a day then if I cut that in half, I can likely be a little more libral with my choices. It does not work that way. Cook in butter not Pam cooking spray. Why not use the real stuff? Eat for goodness sake.

There have been numerous suggestions made to you on several different posts you have started regarding this sort of thing. Please utilize the resources given to you by all of us that have had experience and helped others through the process. If you truly can't eat anything and don't want food at all - well you might not like to hear this but maybe you need to see a medical professional - that would be some sort of underlying eating disorder that would likely need to be resolved prior to successfully completely any sort of diet.

This is something that you have to want - we can't want it enough for you, but at least know that this is not generally the formula for a successful p3 and I suspect if you spend some time reading older threads of others with similar experiences, you will find the same issues. That is not to say you will never eat the things you want again but it is a process getting there and you are simply trying to combine and/or skip many steps in between. Instead of throwing a temper tantrum (sorry I know that is harsh but after reading several posts and seeing the complete disregard for the suggestions given this is how it appears) stop and listen. You can still put this back on track and get to where you want to go. You can be successful with this program. P3 is a few weeks out of your whole life - why not do it properly? Why not take those extra few days your body is telling you it needs?

If it were me I would spend the next 3 days eating things like sushimi (I think you said you liked that), tuna, steak, hamburgers, and when none of that sounds good have a protein shake. If meat is unappetizing have a protein shake at least 3 times a day. In between that have salads with all the veggies mixed up. Do this for 3 days. My goodness - you can do anything for three days. Try to wipe the slate clean mentally - this is your attempt at restarting p3. Then if the scale is not completely wonky pick your poison - either cheese (hard cheese only), eggs, or maybe the cottage cheese. Eat that incorporated with your previous meats or shakes and veggies for 3 days. See if that one item causes you trouble. If not, move on to the next that you feel like would make life easier. Continue on with only adding one item at a time and waiting the three days before changing it up. This is the way to successfully address p3. It is a slow process and me personally I would add the nuts in last and absolutely no peanut butter until p4. I think that is what started this whole fiasco. Remember it is just a process and you can' take it to such extremes so quickly. You also shouldn't have a defeated attitude and just throw your hands up in the air. This is tough but listen to the people that are offering up solutions from first hand experience and years of knowledge. You have come too far to just throw in the towel (I think anyway) and you can certainly muster up the courage to plan for the next 3 days. You really only have to get that far and then it will be a new three days. . . before you know it p4 will be here. Your mind is a powerful thing - don't let it sabotage you here!

Hope it wasn't too harsh but sometimes we need a good kick in the butt! Good Luck

Comment

I have to wonder if part of the issue is that in P2 you may not have given your hypothalamus a proper rest because of your stated fats consumption as mentioned in the post. http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums...60/#post290986
                              -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              216 to 135 in 3 rounds. I've done hHCG and RX.
                              My HCG journey blog.
                              COLOR="#006400"]My Facebook Group-Working At Healthy[/COLOR][/B]

WHERE TO BUY HCG & Supplies: https://hcgdietinfo.com/buy-hcg-injections-online/

Disclaimer: I am a moderator of these forums. I am not a medical doctor. My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prevent any medical condition. Read more: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums...2/#post1020418

Comment

Working...
                              X