Special Offer! $99 FREE Lipo with 60 Day Hcg Purchase: Coupon Code: HDIHCG DietDoc Sale
Popular Pages :

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cocoa crack recipe question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cocoa crack recipe question

Here is the recipe I've used: 1 cup coconut oil, 1 cup unsweetened cocoa, 8 packets stevia, dash salt, dash cinnamon.

It turned out bitter. I still ate it, but I would love it if it wasn't so bitter. Any different recipes or I've heard it could be either too much cocoa or too little? I don't know, so if anyone can help me, I need to make some for a road trip! Thanks!

With that large a portion I would think you need more sweetener. I don't measure my stevia, I use the liquid and put a few drops in, and taste, if it is slightly bitter I add a few more drops, retaste and go from there till it is to my taste. I only use the coconut oil, cocoa, stevia and unsweetened coconut flakes. Keep in mind though if you are planning it for a road trip that you will need to keep it cold as it WILL melt at warmer temperatures and then you will have a heck of a mess.

.....~.....My Weight Loss Journey....~.....

--~~~~~--~~~~~--~~~~~--~~~~~--~~~~~--~~~~~--

Comment

Originally posted by Mylittlelambs View Post
      With that large a portion I would think you need more sweetener. I don't measure my stevia, I use the liquid and put a few drops in, and taste, if it is slightly bitter I add a few more drops, retaste and go from there till it is to my taste. I only use the coconut oil, cocoa, stevia and unsweetened coconut flakes. Keep in mind though if you are planning it for a road trip that you will need to keep it cold as it WILL melt at warmer temperatures and then you will have a heck of a mess.
      Thanks for the reminder, I did forget about it meltingl. I'm gonna pack a cooler for my water anyway, so that should do. I've kept it in the fridge.

Comment

Mine is still bitter but not as bad as the orginial recipe... I use 3/4 Tbsp of cocoa to 1 Tbsp of coconut oil. I use one packet of splenda and put it in the bowl as I am heating up the oil so it dissovles "better" then I pour all of it on a glass plate then I pour another splenda over the chocolate so it becomes a type of crust under the chocolate so I get sweetner in every bite. It is still bitter but not bad at all. I have also made it and then heated up real peanut butter and swirled that in.....that was the most awesome ever.
        url]http://pinkonhcg.blogspot.com/[/url]
        Holly
        Start R1 1.23.11 at 251.9
        Start R2 228
        R2 Wk1-15

Comment

Original recipe

2 TBL Coconut oil
          2 TBL Unsweetened Cocoa
          3 TBL Xylitol or Sweetner of choice
          Sprinkle Unsweetened Coconut flakes at will
          Add Almonds if you wish (tastes like Almond joy)

Your recipe with 1 cup would be:
          1 Cup Coconut oil
          1 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa
          1 1/2 Cup Xylitol or any other sweetner
          Add Almonds if you wish (Tastes like Almond joy)

EVERY batch I make is a dream and I never gain on Cocoa Crack. I always seem to lose! =)

Now I need a piece..... !!!
          Leptin Reset started 10/29/2011 - On my way!!!
          HCG 3 rounds down, 60 lbs down and 20 lbs more.

Comment

Originally posted by bunnyflumps View Post
            Original recipe

2 TBL Coconut oil
            2 TBL Unsweetened Cocoa
            3 TBL Xylitol or Sweetner of choice
            Add Almonds if you wish (tastes like Almond joy)

Your recipe with 1 cup would be:
            1 Cup Coconut oil
            1 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa
            1 1/2 Cup Xylitol or any other sweetner
            Add Almonds if you wish (Tastes like Almond joy)

EVERY batch I make is a dream and I never gain on Cocoa Crack. I always seem to lose! =)

Now I need a piece..... !!!
            Ok, wait, I only have stevia at home. Surely I don't use 1 1/2 CUPS of Stevia??? There wouldn't even be enough packets in a box!! I made some more and its bitter!

Comment

Just yesterday I ran across this recipe, and it tastes better to me than the original one (which I also thought was bitter). My batch doesn't 'crack'...it's softer, but I still like it. I used a ratio of 3 tbls each butter and cocoa, and 4 1/2 tbls xylitol, plus 1 tbls unsweetened shredded coconut sprinkled on top after dividing mix into 17 mini foil muffin cups. It made 17 1 tsp servings, so that's about 30 calories each. Xylitol has calories, but the butter has less than coconut oil. Sorry, can't remember whose post I copied this from...birdie something?

It took me quite a few tries before I came up with a "no fail" cocoa crack

1. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
              2. Turn heat to very low and add in 2 tablespoons cocoa. Make sure it does not come to a boil.
              3. Stir in 3 tablespoons xylitol. Let it sit for a few minutes so the xylitol has time to melt.
              4. Stir occasionally, when the xylitol is melted as much as you would like, pour onto parchment paper, put on a plate, and freeze. It will solidify in 20 - 30 minutes, but it won't "crack" for about an hour.

Note: Sometimes, it won't "crack" it will be sort of soft so you just have to pick it up and bite it instead of eat it with a fork which is fine with me, but just a heads up! =]
              5' 2" Goal: 125 (didn't make it...)

Pre-Load: 152, After loading 155 on 1/3/11
              LDW 132.4 (-22.6 lbs R1P2)
              P3 started 2/16/11

Comment

Use Tuvia or ... I would really get Xylitol from Whole Foods, or any other store and try that. It tastes like sugar and it cuts the bitter out of it. I made one with Truvia and it was good too but Xylitol is better IMO.

I just had a few pieces again... DANG! =) he he he

Comment

Thanks! I think I'm gonna get some Xylitol! Seems like maybe the stevia is making it bitter. We shall try again!! I also saw where someone tried vanilla cream liquid stevia in it?? That sounds good, but I wouldn't know how much to use. I am the worst at just "trying" to get a recipe to taste good!

Comment

I use 3 tablespoons of coconut oil, 3 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder, and approximately 1 dropperful of Chocolate flavored Stevia and one dropperful of Peppermint flavored Stevia. It is freakin' perfect every time! I tried with Xylitol once, but I didn't really like the grittiness
                    Mommy to 7, ages 2 years through 14 years and step-mommy to two more

Round 1:
                    10/2/10 186 lbs.
                    LDW 162.3
                    12/21/10 156.6

Round 2:
                    1/1/11 155.2 (preload weight)
                    1/3/11 161.2 (load weight)
                    2/19/11 136.0 (LDW)

Round 3: p2d1: 165
                    12/11/12 LDW: 136

Round 4: p2d1 1/25/13
                    P3D1 126.4

Round 5: finished at 142

Comment

I like my cocoa crack straight up no other things but if you want to add add'l flavorings go for it! I would do it after the last stage and keep on stirring and tasting it until it tastes "right" so that when it freezes it is deeeeelish!

Trust me on the Xylitol it will be wonderful. Remember though that the measurement is 1/2 more to whatever measurement than the Coconut oil and Unsweetened Cocoa.

1 cup coconut oil and cocoa
                      1 1/2 cup Xylitol or Truvia
                      Stevia Flavorings to taste!

I hope you enjoy it!! This is what saves me in P3 and I am under my LIW EVERY DAY even eating it all day long a piece here, a piece there.... oh my it's time for another piece! LMAO!

Comment

Too funny bunnyflumps! That's awesome on stabilizing! I hope i do that well again in P3!

The peppermint sounds good too!! I would LOVE to find a way to make it taste like MILK CHOCOLATE!!

Comment

I don't have coconut oil so I've used unsalted butter. I also add a little bit of cream to take away the bitterness.
                          R1 40 days: 12/26 Preload 170,0, VLCD1 171,5
                          LDW 148,8, Total lost: 22,7 lbs (21,2 lbs), 0,58 lbs/day
                          R2 56 days: 3/17 Preload 148,8, VLCD1 151,9
                          LDW 127,7, Total lost: 24,2 lbs (21,1 lbs), 0,43 lbs/day

Comment

Can someone tell me what cocoa crack is for? I've heard in passing its for stall days, is this true? What phase can you eat this in?

Comment

Originally posted by hoping2losefat View Post
                              Can someone tell me what cocoa crack is for? I've heard in passing its for stall days, is this true? What phase can you eat this in?
                              Just a snack. Many people believe the Coconut Oil speeds fat loss. It doesn't get absorbed by your body like other oils.

We aren't supposed to use xylitol in P2. I have used liquied stevia or truvia and will switch back to xylitol in p3. I find it safer to make one serving at a time or I'll eat way more then I should.

3tbl cocoa
                              3tbl coconut oil
                              2.5 tsp xylitol (which converts for me to 2.5 packets truvia or 8-10 drops of liquid stevia)

To make less bitter I am now adding less cocoa (perhaps 2tbl) and it makes a big difference.

I also bought some Saigon cinnamon and add a 1/4 tsp of that. You will throw away your McCormick crap when you get a whiff of Saigon cinnamon. Smells like CANDY!! You will think there is sugar in it. I just go over and whiff it throughout the day.
                              ~Mary
                              5'6/ 38 yrs old
                              R1: 154.6- 125 Maintained for 6 months easily.
                              R2: 134.6-118.6 Took it too far.
                              Gained back 25# from getting too low.
                              R3: 143.6-123.6
                              R3P3D8: 127.2 (3.6 over LDW)

My Before and After Pics: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums...-before-after/
                              Follow my HCG journey on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/twinma0454?feature=mhum

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X