Special Offer! $99 FREE Lipo with 60 Day Hcg Purchase: Coupon Code: HDIHCG DietDoc Sale
Popular Pages :

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dark Meat on P2 ???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dark Meat on P2 ???

I am wondering if anyone has had dark meat for their chicken? like thighs and legs and have done fine (no gain) with it??? cause i have eaten brocolli and chicken breast in lunch meat form which contains sugar and oil and i still lose 1 pound per day. i NEED to have chicken differently, its so horrible that i gag if i keep doing the 3.5 oz chicken breast on the grill pan with no oil or butter. i would LOVE to season up and bake some legs and thighs or at least Boneless Skinless Thighs so that i can weigh it (can't really weigh a chicken drumstick with bone) i am latin and love some flavorful chicken thighs but it's not on protocol, has anyone had success with dark meat? or what happened when you tried? thanks!

ROUND 2
    PHASE 2
    VLCD DAY 9

BUMP-- this would REALLY help me guys, anyone had dark meat Chicken on P2?

Comment

No, it is not allowed. Have you read Pounds and Inches yet. It's very important that you do. There's a link to it on the left side of this page. The actual diet part starts about 1/2 way down. Dr. S is very specific about no dark meat. It has much more fat in it.

Comment

Also brocolli is not allowed. I hate chicken but I have found a way to eat it that's good. In the diet book there is a recipe for salad dressing, it's really sweet. I use Braggs Apple Cider Vinegar and use different spices. I soak shredded chicken breast in it and it's good.

Vinaigrette Dressing
        1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
        1/2 c. water
        2 shakes celery salt
        2 shakes onion salt
        Ground pepper to taste
        20 drops Clear stevia
        3 packets stevia
        Combine ingredients, pour into jar and refrigerate.

Lemon Dressing
        1 c. water
        1 T. fresh lemon juice
        25 drops Clear stevia
        1 packet of stevia

Citrus Dressing
        1 c. water
        1 T. fresh lemon juice
        15 drops Clear stevia
        10 drops Apricot Nectar flavored stevia
        1 packet of stevia
        1/4 t. Chinese Style Five Spice (Optional)
        1/4 t. garlic salt (Optional)

Comment

i know its not allowed and that it has more fat in it but i want to know if anyone has tried it and what happened when they did. lunch meat is not allowed cause it contains sugar and oil and neither is brocolli but i eat them every day and still lose 1 pound per day eating it and if i hear someone did not have any trouble with chicken thighs then i wanna try it. i cannot take the grilled chicken anymore, its gonna make me quit, i gag every time and i know chicken is the best protein to have cause i dont like seafood and too much red meat is not good. thanks.

Jen

Comment

jen since you are already trying things off protocol and still losing just try it and see what happens. I haven't had dark meat, but I love chicken breast grilled with seasonings so I don't know what will happen. Let us know how it works out

Comment

I actually got to the point where I said I would prefer to starve than eat one more bite of chicken. I would gag. I now eat it 2 times a day even though I feel that beef is better all the way around but it has more fat in it.

Comment

im gonna try a baked chicken thigh one day and i will update you guys. its boneless skinless and i will weigh it out but its so much more juicy and flavorful. anyone out there who tried it let me know still.. thanks everyone!!

Jen

Comment

hahahahaha, you know what they say, No Fat, No flavor. I have never liked white chicken meat but I do love those legs and thighs.

Comment

i know Linda! im latin, we cannot live without juicy flavorful meat lol. im gonna give it a try and see if it makes me stall or gain but if the lunch meat that has sugar and oil in it does not then i hope i can have the same luck with it. i have been eating the lunch meat EVERY DAY and still losing. i did it last round too and lost almost 30 lbs.

Comment

Jen,
                      I prefer white meat but ran out last weekend. Here's what I did. Tossed legs and thighs and what breasts I had, bones and all in the crockpot, put in lots of water, all the seasonings I could have that I liked, and cooked it all night. Took the meat out the next morning, it fell off the bones, weighed 3 oz of cooked meat and put it in baggies. I cooked and weighed enough meat prior to figure out that about 3 oz of cooked chicken is almost the same as 100g of uncooked. Protocol says weigh before cooking, but by doing the crockpot thing its kind of hard to do that.

Let the broth cool, skimmed the fat and put it in a pitcher for future use. Now I have pre-weighed moist chicken to use however, and chicken broth that has flavor to cook with. I toss mine in the fry pan with a little minced garlic, garlic salt, onion flakes, pepper flakes, or whatever other seasoning I can find with a little bit of broth and let it simmer. Put it over wilted spinach, or lettuce, and it has flavor without dressing. I've also just pulled it apart, put it in a couple cups of broth, heated it up, and had soup and a salad, or cucumbers or whatever veggies.

I am not loosing the lb every day as a lot of people are but have been fairly consistent with 1/2 lb a day. I'm on R1, D36, 4 more shots to go. It hasn't seemed to affect me one way or the other dark meat or white because the majority of the fat cooked out in the broth.

I don't know what Linda & Grammy would say to this, they are much more experienced, but there are lots of the recipes that have you cook with 2 c of broth, just figured I'd make my own and skim the fat, much better flavor than the store stuff.
                      Weight Loss Center is your best free resource for weight loss

Comment

cowgirl- so you have had dark meat and had no problem/gain? that is great to heard cause i really want it, i could bake it on a broiler pan and let the fat/grease drip down, what ya think? thanks!!

Jen

Comment

I would be more inclined to listen to LindaLou, be careful, try it, don't panic if you stall, you'll know what it is. I haven't had any change in the way I'm loosing dark or white. I also had a chef salad one night (no cheese), without much of an issue and steamed veggies and chicken at the Chinese place, with actually a great loss the next day, so I may be different from the rest. Also, don't eat the same meats twice a day. Whatever you do watch that the fats have really cooked off the meat, and no skin. I like the crockpot because I know that as long as the meat has to cook the fats off and sitting at the top of my pot. Everyone will react different. If you are staying strict on protocol, there was a reason he said breasts only.
                          Weight Loss Center is your best free resource for weight loss

Comment

what was your outcome... I cooked a thight took out the bone and i grilled it in my convection toaster oven and i did fine.. ate it with spinash
                            Taking b12 and Lipotropics once a week and daily HCG shots

Comment

I've always been a major chicken eater and I know chicken can get boring. HOWEVER...my secret to keep it interesting has been the spices. I know A LOT of spices contain sugar or "other spices" which we assume to be sugar so my suggestion is to spend a little money and buy some good mixed spices from Penzey's. They have a TON of different mixes and don't contain SUGAR. All the ingredients are listed on their site so you can see before you buy. Lemon pepper is great, their southwest as well as bangkok blend is good. I just discovered their "northern" spice...smokey chipole. YUM. Some blends do contain sugar, but just read the ingredients. They ship quick too.

No, I don't work for them, just a very loyal and long time customer! I like to eat...shocking, I know! lol

Comment

Working...
                              X