Special Offer! $99 FREE Lipo with 60 Day Hcg Purchase: Coupon Code: HDIHCG DietDoc Sale
Popular Pages :

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ranch dressing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ranch dressing?

Does anybody know why we aren't allowed ranch dressing?

And, is there an HCG-friendly recipe for a salad dressing that tastes similar to ranch?

Thanks!

Bump

Comment

Ranch Dressing recipe

This is he recipe I used before ever starting this diet. My husband is a huge mayo/dressing user so I was looking for something I could make at home to avoid the additives of commercial dressing.

First you make the milk mayo:

Milk Mayo
      1/3 cup cold milk
      3/4 cup extra light olive oil
      3/4 tsp lemon juice
      dash of salt

Put the milk and lemon juice in a quart jar and buzz with a hand blender for 30 seconds. Add salt. Slowly drizzle in the oil with blender running. Blend until it forms a mayo consistency.

Now to make the ranch dressing I add:
      1 tsp onion powder
      1 tsp garlic powder
      2 tsp parsley
      dash of salt, pepper to taste
      about 1/8 cup of buttermilk
      Buzz with the hand blender until mixed and smooth. Add more buttermilk if needed until you get the consistency you want.

Comment

Waldon farms has a no calorie no sugar ranch dressing. You may have to adjust it to suit your taste. If you cannot find it where you live, I have ordered from their web site. The thousand island dressing is the best in my opinion.

Comment

I make this every day in my magic bullet blender. It is so delicious. I use it during P2 also.

Pop some Lowfat Cottage Cheese into the blender with a little bit of milk, some Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, and parsley flakes, and a generous pinch of salt. (Play with the spices, til you get it how you like it)
          Blend until smooth - add some water or chicken broth to get it to your desired consistency.
          Megan

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

Originally posted by Kit3000 View Post
            Waldon farms has a no calorie no sugar ranch dressing. You may have to adjust it to suit your taste. If you cannot find it where you live, I have ordered from their web site. The thousand island dressing is the best in my opinion.
            Walden Farms rocks! I totally agree with the 1000 island dressing. There honey smoked bbq is really good too. My grocery store carries a few of their items in the diet pill section but I went out to their site and bought some additional things my store doesn't carry.

R2P2D8 -5.8

Comment

Originally posted by MegRN View Post
              I make this every day in my magic bullet blender. It is so delicious. I use it during P2 also.

Pop some Lowfat Cottage Cheese into the blender with a little bit of milk, some Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, and parsley flakes, and a generous pinch of salt. (Play with the spices, til you get it how you like it)
              Blend until smooth - add some water or chicken broth to get it to your desired consistency.
              Sounds yum!
              Jen, married for 17 yrs to my Mom to 12&14-year-olds. OB RN.
              38 yrs old 5'4"
              Starting date 9/11/11

Comment

Would the cottage cheese be considered a protein replacement in P2?
                ==================
                Missy
                R3/P2
                Preload - 156.2
                Postload - 159.2
                Week 1 Loss -
                Preload (-4.4)
                Postload (-7.4)

Comment

It would be a protien but the amount of cottage cheese per serving is about 2 tablespoons. So if I put shrimp on my salad I count the shrimp and cottage cheese as a total of 1 protien.
                  Megan

Comment

It would be a protien but the amount of cottage cheese per serving is about 2 tablespoons. So if I put shrimp on my salad I count the shrimp and cottage cheese as a total of 1 protien.
                    So, as an example, since we're supposed to eat 100 grams of meat, if I were to eat 20 grams of dressing made with cottage cheese, I would only eat 80 grams of meat for that meal?
                    --Erika

My Blog: Confessions of a Curvy Girl

Comment

You can measure it out however you want.

I am not a die hard protocol follower. So I don't want to influance anyone the wrong way. I tweak the diet to work for me. I usually try to eat between 3-4oz of meat. Sometimes I eat more if I am really hungry. I have found that my body usually needs more protien if I have a lot of hunger. I don't go all crazy measuring. The salad dressing is about 33 calories per 2 tbsp serving. So if I go over a bit on my protien it is not a big deal to me. I may not lose as fast as those who follow strict protocol but I would not stick to this diet if I had to measure every little bit.
                      Megan

Comment

You can measure it out however you want.

I am not a die hard protocol follower. So I don't want to influance anyone the wrong way. I tweak the diet to work for me. I usually try to eat between 3-4oz of meat. Sometimes I eat more if I am really hungry. I have found that my body usually needs more protien if I have a lot of hunger. I don't go all crazy measuring. The salad dressing is about 33 calories per 2 tbsp serving. So if I go over a bit on my protien it is not a big deal to me. I may not lose as fast as those who follow strict protocol but I would not stick to this diet if I had to measure every little bit.
                        Megan- it looks like you have been really successful and your "thinking" is more along mine- maybe it is the RN thing we have in common. How long have you taken between doing the next round? I am using HHCG and on vld10 and still so hungry

LAUREL

Highest weight 204
                        Start HHCG 180 March 2011
                        R1P2- 14.5 pounds/165.5
                        R2P2- start weight 164.5
                        R2P2 w3 VLCD 153 ENDED at 20 days- 152.5/ July 6
                        R2P3 July 14- 151.5
                        R2P3 July 28- 150.5
                        R3P2 Sept 10- 151.5
                        R3P2 Sept 18- 146.5
                        R3P2 Sept 28- 140.5 START P3 again
                        R3P3 Oct 6-140.5
                        R3P3 Oct 18 -140 and P3 ends
                        P3P4 Oct 19 starts
                        R3P4- Oct 21===140

R4 P2- start 148 feb 4

Comment

Wallsie- I did 5 rounds of hcg starting 2 years ago. I did all the rounds for approx 25 days (+/- 3 days) each round. I took 3 weeks off in between each round. I kept the weight off for over a year but I had surgery a few months ago. I gained about 15 pounds after so I am back doing round 6.

I did a few of my rounds on strict protocol and it was so boring and difficult. That works for some people but not me. I found when I followed the strict protocol I had more days where I fell off the wagon and at more like a loading day. I would rather do a longer round and have broccoli, green beans, salsa, eggs, coconut oil and a diet coke here and there than stick to the strict protocol. It has taken me a long time to figure out what I can and what I can not "cheat" on protocol with. I average a 17 lb weightloss each round if I eat strict or I "cheat". I don't go around pushing other people to "cheat" but I encourage people to do what works for them. I am hoping this round will be my last round for a while.....at least until the Christmas holiday is over! LOL!
                          Megan

Comment

This is what I've been looking for! TY!!
                            www.iherb.com save $5 off your first order when you use code VIK724 plus FREE Ship for orders over $20

www.iherb.com/?rcode=VIK724

Comment

Wallsie- I did 5 rounds of hcg starting 2 years ago. I did all the rounds for approx 25 days (+/- 3 days) each round. I took 3 weeks off in between each round. I kept the weight off for over a year but I had surgery a few months ago. I gained about 15 pounds after so I am back doing round 6.

I did a few of my rounds on strict protocol and it was so boring and difficult. That works for some people but not me. I found when I followed the strict protocol I had more days where I fell off the wagon and at more like a loading day. I would rather do a longer round and have broccoli, green beans, salsa, eggs, coconut oil and a diet coke here and there than stick to the strict protocol. It has taken me a long time to figure out what I can and what I can not "cheat" on protocol with. I average a 17 lb weightloss each round if I eat strict or I "cheat". I don't go around pushing other people to "cheat" but I encourage people to do what works for them. I am hoping this round will be my last round for a while.....at least until the Christmas holiday is over! LOL!
                              Thanks for the response. I just want to stick to it and have been overly hungry. Last night I made my husband tuna casserole and it was all I could do not to just wolf a big taste. I didn't but it was painful because I am still so hungry after 11 days. I upped the drops again last night. My motivation is good but I am discovering how powerful a drive hunger really is. And I haven't lost in 2 days sticking to straight protocol so maybe it isn't exactly cookie cutter? I had hoped to do 40 days first round but if it goes like this I am going to have to do 23 and stabilize and try again.

LAUREL

Highest weight 204
                              Start HHCG 180 March 2011
                              R1P2- 14.5 pounds/165.5
                              R2P2- start weight 164.5
                              R2P2 w3 VLCD 153 ENDED at 20 days- 152.5/ July 6
                              R2P3 July 14- 151.5
                              R2P3 July 28- 150.5
                              R3P2 Sept 10- 151.5
                              R3P2 Sept 18- 146.5
                              R3P2 Sept 28- 140.5 START P3 again
                              R3P3 Oct 6-140.5