Special Offer! $99 FREE Lipo with 60 Day Hcg Purchase: Coupon Code: HDIHCG DietDoc Sale
Popular Pages :

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fast Metabolism Diet FMD for P4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast Metabolism Diet FMD for P4

I thought I'd keep a log as I start FMD in P4 tomorrow. If you are interested in FMD, I welcome any kind of discussion related to this quest for stability and desensitizing myself to grains and other starches.

Here's an overview of FMD: http://www.chewfo.com/diets/the-fast...oid-food-list/ But if you decide to do it, get the iPhone app...it makes it so much simpler.

My story is in my signature. I've been stable after my last short round, but with increasing difficulty. Although its been about 10 weeks since I ended round 6, I'm still eating basically P3 with the addition of bananas, sprouted grain, and occasionally beans. I've added no other starches, sugars or even sweet fruits. I tried a bit of sweet potato this week and had to immediately do a correction day. Although my corrections have worked, they recently aren't quite getting me back to LIW, and in fact, I've been inching up a bit each time. In the last week, I've done 2 corrections and am doing one last one today before starting FMD tomorrow, so I don't start out having to lose more than 3 pounds over LIW to begin with.

My hope is that FMD will get me off the sensitivity roller-coaster that seems to have gotten worse with each round of HCG, to the point now where I'm questioning things like annatto coloring and common vegetables, because I can't seem to pin-point the problems. Hence, its week 10 or 11 and I'm still testing things!

My plan is to do the FMD meals but avoid the things I either know or suspect to have issues with or haven't tested yet. For the grains, I'll probably stick to sprouted grain and rice the first week. If I do ok, maybe try oats and quinoa the next.

I'm going out to shop later today to get some things that I think will be helpful, although I probably have enough appropriate stuff to get started. It will be a kick-off shopping trip to get my mind in the game more than anything else. I might pick up one of the coffee substitutes to try.

The biggest challenge for me will be the no-coffee rule. I still haven't decided if I'm going to observe that part or not. The rest will be easy, I think. Everyone talks about how the P2 (protein/veggies only) days are the hardest because there is no fruit. I have a strategy for that. I plan to cook up a big batch of rhubarb and sweeten it with xylitol. That should take care of the fruit deprivation aspect of those 2 days.

Topic Links:
    FMD1
    FMD2
    FMD3
    FMD4 & D-Burn
    FMD-5 : incomplete and experimental- suspended before end of month and went into HCG round
    H-Burn log
    I-Burn log
    Last edited by Leez; August 16th, 2015, 07:57 PM.
    At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Original Protocol by Dr. Simeons
    Please note: Any guidance I offer is based on the OP. ~ maintenance strategies

My recent HCG round was with DietDoc. Our site owner has generously arranged for me to earn a small fee if you use my DietDoc link to order your supplies. (All HDI site discounts and coupons apply.) A full review of my experience and how the round progressed: my Diet Doc review.

Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

There is already a thread for FMD in Grammy's Groupies. Post there, and we will all be notified of your post.

Comment

The only threads I was aware of are question/answer threads. Can you point me to the topic you are talking about?
      At goal since 2015. \(ᵔᴥᵔ)/ Total HCG loss: 77# [5'5" 210-133] Original Protocol by Dr. Simeons

My recent HCG round was with DietDoc. Our site owner has generously arranged for me to earn a small fee if you use my DietDoc link to order your supplies. (All HDI site discounts and coupons apply.) A full review of my experience and how the round progressed: my Diet Doc review.

Medical Disclaimer: My statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition.

Comment

Leez, good luck with this. I am reading the book because I have a friend that is being successful with it. I hope this helps you get stable. I'm only on P3D9 but I'll be following along to see how you do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Last10. I'm excited to get started. I went shopping today and bought all kinds of interesting things like Coconut aminos, black rice and quinoa milk. I also got a coffee substitute grain based beverage called Roma.

I've been practicing using the iPhone app. It is going to be really helpful in keeping all the rules of what to eat when straight. I like how you put in your waking time each day and then it figures out your meal and snack times from that. And the choices offered are only the list for that phase of each thing...so you can't make a mistake.

One of the criticisms of FMD I read was that on some of the days, the calories were too low. But in studying up on things, I think that criticism was made out of ignorance. Apparently, your veggies list is unlimited in all phases and you can even eat them in between meals and snacks if you want to. There's no reason anyone would not be eating enough calories unless they didn't avail themselves of the unlimited veggie options. For instance....breakfast on day 1 requires a grain and a fruit. I'm going to have a slice of sprouted grain bread and a peach. But you can add as many veggies to that as you want. I plan to have a big bowl of sweetened butternut squash with cinnamon with my required items tomorrow morning, and maybe some orange-glazed beets the next morning.

I'm nervous about using a coffee substitute. I am such a coffee junkie! I am sucking down as much real stuff with heavy cream as I can tonight in a last hurrah. I'll give it a try, but if I can't stand it, I will be brewing up some of my favorite decaf post-haste.
          Last edited by Leez; August 10th, 2014, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Good luck! I love coconut aminos. I use them when I cook things like pork chops. I stopped using soy sauce several years ago and use the aminos in place of that.

You sound well prepared. I've heard the iPhone app is good.

I hear you about the decaf, I Love my morning Peet's decaf. I think I'm going off coffee on vacation for three weeks. We'll see. I only do decaf.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Starting today. I found that the coffee substitute was surprisingly OK, and better than tea. Especially if you use 3 times the recommended amount. I added a splash of rice milk, but it didn't really make it any better or even whiten it. But it was hot and dark and had some body to it. Maybe thats all I need. I guess we'll see. We have a local roasterie here that makes the best decaf I've ever had. I may not be able to give that up.

I used the coconut aminos to marinate top round to make beef jerky for the Phase2 snacks. I'll bake those today. I tasted the aminos before adding... another pleasant surprise--it tastes better than tamari. A little milder with a bit of sweetness.
              Last edited by Leez; August 11th, 2014, 07:31 AM.

Comment

That's a great first report! Yes Coconut Aminos taste great!

Is the coffee sub instant?

Comment

The bigger thread that has other people's experiences is here: http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums...4/index14.html
                  My advice is based specifically on the original Simeons Protocol and may not reflect the guidelines of all Hcg weight loss plans. Grammy's personal protocol:Grammy's Hcg Diet Blog
                  Grammy's author website: ColleenCoble.com

I am not a medical doctor and my statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition. Please always check with your doctor for medical questions and assistance. Medical Disclaimer:

Comment

Originally posted by Last10 View Post
                    Is the coffee sub instant?
                    Yes, its like the old freeze dried folger's crystals...you just mix it in hot water. The brand I got (Roma) I found is not certified GMO free, but I see that Cafix and Pero both are and are FMD approved brands and are GMO-free, so I'll get one of those next time I'm out.

Thanks for the link, Grammy. I'll post something up there. It doesn't look like that thread is very active though. Although I see I made some posts on page 54 about my upcoming labs. Which I have had done and have results for now. My doctor says everything is great and didn't change my Armour dose. I'll try to make a post about that in your forum once I can gather them up with the old ones to compare. I'd like to get your view on them.

Comment

I don't think very many are doing FMD right now. when they are, the thread gets active again. It comes and goes. LOL
                      My advice is based specifically on the original Simeons Protocol and may not reflect the guidelines of all Hcg weight loss plans. Grammy's personal protocol:Grammy's Hcg Diet Blog
                      Grammy's author website: ColleenCoble.com

I am not a medical doctor and my statements are not intended to treat, diagnose or cure any medical condition. Please always check with your doctor for medical questions and assistance. Medical Disclaimer:

Comment

ok, I guess I'll just keep posting here and keep an eye on the other thread too.

Just finished my first day of FMD eating. I actually enjoyed it, despite the lack of real coffee and putting butter on my veggies. But what was really nice was the variety of the fruits and veggies on the list. I had been limiting variety as I tried to work through my P3 testing, as I always have difficulty pinpointing my problems. So branching out was fun. I had fresh pineapple today, butternut squash with breakfast, jicama slices with a snack and beets and pumkin with dinner.

I'm just doing sprouted bread and brown rice for my grains on week one. I know I'm ok with Ezekiel bread and I think rice will be safe. I'll branch out more later once I see how this first week goes.

Comment

There are a couple of very active Facebook groups for FMD. Totally check them out....lots of recipes, etc. I hate using FB for that, because you can't search threads.....so the same questions are over and over again but the people are nice.

I liked FMD because it helped my carb sensitivity. I did not lose well on it, but I did stop gaining (which I was for no reason). I decided to do REAL HCG (injections) and then go back to FMD when I am done.

FMD is very heavy on the food prep and food weirdness.....but if you have a Trader Joes' or Whole Foods near: great. I live in the middle of a cornfield and the nearest Whole Foods is 2.5 hours away. :-)

I hate that the food list alters every two days, it's crazy to try to remember you can have broccoli on Phase 1 but not Phase 3. I did like the variety and wholesomeness of the foods. I bought a good blender and smoothies were my new best friend.

Good luck! I plan to continue on HCG and see if it works to lose weight (I am a slow loser)....and then do HCG Phase 3 then FMD.

ps THey recommend something called Dandy for coffee substitute. I don't do coffee so it wasn't an issue for me.

Comment

Thanks for the thoughts, Nb. I'll check out the FB groups for some recipes.
                            I liked FMD because it helped my carb sensitivity. I did not lose well on it, but I did stop gaining
                            That's exactly why I'm doing it. I've been successful at keeping in my window after the last round, but only with lots of correction days and a very restricted carb list.

I'm fortunate to be in a large metropolis where I have both Trader Joe's and Whole Foods, and even a small health store, a farmer's market, and Costco a few blocks from me. I can find pretty much anything I look for. I'm actually having fun with the food prep. The app helps A LOT. I dont' think I would be able to keep it all straight with lists and charts. I love that in the app, only the options for that phase are included. That makes it easy.

I'm not counting on weight loss from FMD (although that would be nice) but I'm encouraged to hear that you had success with it in not continuing to gain.

All the best in your HCG round. HCG is the only thing that has worked for me when everything else no longer did. I'll do it again if I have to, but I'd rather not. P3 is so difficult for me.

I'm interested in trying some of the other coffee subs. I haven't seen Dandy except online, so I think I'll try the Cafix next. I'm intrigued that it includes beetroot.
                            Last edited by Leez; August 12th, 2014, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Leez - Good look with the FMD. Im very curious to see your results. Im having areally hard maintaining the weight this round and is driving me crazy that I dont know if its due to food sensitivity or carbs. I been eating low carb before HCG and phase 3 this round.
                              I want to do either THE PLAN or the FMD , but Im undecided . I just started ready THE PLAN.
                              My Info:

Phase3 07/11/14 LIW = 136.8[/B]
                              Phase4 08/04/14 136.4

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X