Special Offer! $99 FREE Lipo with 60 Day Hcg Purchase: Coupon Code: HDIHCG DietDoc Sale
Popular Pages :

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with amounts of butter, coconut oil, HWC etc. on P3??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with amounts of butter, coconut oil, HWC etc. on P3??

Hi,
    Tomorrow will be day 3 of P3 and before it goes on I really want to know how much butter, coconut oil, HWC etc we should have per serving? :/

Is there an approximate amount I can follow?

This is SO very strange! I can not even believe I am going to say this........but here it goes!

I find I am sort of missing PHASE 2!! LOL

I think I will post a thread wondering if anyone else has these moments!

I know I never got 500 calories on P2 because I saw no reason to eat if not hungry and I ALWAYS felt my best when I ate minimal...I ate the protein and an apple most days and was always satisfied.......drank so much water which likely kept me feeling full! LOL

But now........I know I want to get enough calories, and I will not eat if not hungry. Yes, it has only been 2 days LOL but maybe I am someone who will end up liking 2 meals and a snack rather than 3 meals and a snack?

So...if I feel more comfortable without a meal in my stomach, what is the *best* way to keep the calories up and with the best type of food?
    Truthfully, there really is not a lot I would put HWC on unless it was strawberries, so I guess my cals will come from fatty meat and veggies? (which is where the question of coconut oil and butter comes in! lol)

I can't believe I am only on day 2 and *already* looking forward to my next round and P2! Crazy!
    ROUND 1

PHASE 2

DAY 1----- 208.8

Sherri

NOTHING TASTES AS AMAZING AS HEALTHY FEELS!!!

start out slowly with co and almond butter. hwc within reason.

i love p3 and having co and hwc....

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I think you should just eat however much you're hungry for. Probably 60-70% of your calories should come from fat in P3 if you count that sort of thing. But if you don't count, just eat what you'd like.

Comment

I haven't had any problem adding as much coconut oil and heavy whipping cream as I want. 65-70% fat and no weight gain.

"If hunger is not the problem, then eating is not the solution."
        -Author unknown

Comment

Thank you! Wow...

So, now I am wondering *what* I would use HWC 'for'? LOL
          I tried coffee a couple of times..........but I will not be a coffee drinker any more, I just get WAAAY wired! LOL Used to drink a lot, all day, but since I quit a few months ago I really notice what it does to me haha.

I did have some strawberries with Truvia (I blended the Truvia so it was powdered *sugar* so it will disolve) and a couple of dollops on that. My son and husband had waffles that morning so of course I skipped that part!

But~~~~what other things do you use heavy cream and even half and half in?

Just can't come up with things that are not dessert like.
          Thanks!

Originally posted by PeacePilgram View Post
          I haven't had any problem adding as much coconut oil and heavy whipping cream as I want. 65-70% fat and no weight gain.
          ROUND 1

PHASE 2

DAY 1----- 208.8

Sherri

Comment

I make a cream/dressing sour cream type thing from heavy whipping cream and kefir grains. I use my sour cream type dressing in place of mayonnaise to make chicken salad or dip cucumbers in it. It's yummy and is really nothing more than fermented (??) heavy whipping cream.

-Author unknown

Comment

You can also use the heavy whipping cream in your eggs if you make scrambled eggs.

-Author unknown

Comment

Hmm, that sounds good Easy to make as well! I love creamy type salad dressings etc.

I did not get any salads on P2 because I get horrid acid reflux from ACV, even the raw type. Strange...I can use some balsamic without problems (but not while on this protocol due to sugar of course) so I am thrilled to have actual salads again!

I make a cream/dressing sour cream type thing from heavy whipping cream and kefir grains. I use my sour cream type dressing in place of mayonnaise to make chicken salad or dip cucumbers in it. It's yummy and is really nothing more than fermented (??) heavy whipping cream.
                ROUND 1

PHASE 2

DAY 1----- 208.8

Sherri

Comment

I guess I could try that

Curious, however...is HWC one of those things that we SHOULD try to have??

I plan to have avocado and bacon and sometimes have beef that are not complete lean cuts...that type of thing for fats. Oh, as well as home made mayo and salad dressings for fat as well.

I guess I am trying to find out what fats are really the best to have for health. Of course, coconut oil every day LOL

You can also use the heavy whipping cream in your eggs if you make scrambled eggs.
                  ROUND 1

PHASE 2

DAY 1----- 208.8

Sherri

Comment

Originally posted by Sherrisews View Post
                    I guess I could try that

Curious, however...is HWC one of those things that we SHOULD try to have??

I plan to have avocado and bacon and sometimes have beef that are not complete lean cuts...that type of thing for fats. Oh, as well as home made mayo and salad dressings for fat as well.

I guess I am trying to find out what fats are really the best to have for health. Of course, coconut oil every day LOL
                    I'm not sure but I think so. Maybe a veteran can answer that question. I also eat avocados but like to keep my carb count low so can't have too many of them.

-Author unknown

Comment

Heavy whipping cream is a good substitute for milk in P3. You can put it in coffee or water it down and drink it like milk. I used some in a creamed spinach recipe last night. But if you wouldn't normally be using milk, there's no reason to use it. It isn't necessary. It just tastes good and is lower in sugar than milk. It isn't that you SHOULD try to have HWC; it is that HWC is a better choice than milk if you use milk in P3.

Comment

Yea, I know lol. I am used to staying away from high fat foods, even the good fats except for coconut oil...heated or not, and EVOO but only when used unheated.

And avocados. Hopefully I can find out about the HWC thing and the fats before I get too far into P3 LOL. I think avocados once a week will be my first attempt until I am to goal

Thanks!
                        I'm not sure but I think so. Maybe a veteran can answer that question. I also eat avocados but like to keep my carb count low so can't have too many of them.
                        ROUND 1

PHASE 2

DAY 1----- 208.8

Sherri

Comment

OK! Thank you! I use homemade almond milk that way I can use less almonds and therefore less fat. I make it unsweetened and with vanilla...just not sure *when* I should try that lol.

My son drinks whole raw, fresh from the cow milk so sometimes I will have some of that, but rarely. Not sure how that milk fares. Will have to ask. Good to know that HWC is not something that is used as helpful for us! I can only think of dessert things except cream corn LOL

I think I will stick to more of the South Beach phase 1 for a while without any of the artificial sweeteners that so many use as it is easy, clean and fits and uses only the good quality fats as well as no fruit or carbs.

Day 4 of P3 and I am still wanting to hurry up and get back to P2 R2!! Crazy! LOL Hope these 6 weeks fly by, can't imagine having any carbs either...too afraid and don't plan to have them regularly anyway

Thanks again!

Originally posted by jmmrr View Post
                          Heavy whipping cream is a good substitute for milk in P3. You can put it in coffee or water it down and drink it like milk. I used some in a creamed spinach recipe last night. But if you wouldn't normally be using milk, there's no reason to use it. It isn't necessary. It just tastes good and is lower in sugar than milk. It isn't that you SHOULD try to have HWC; it is that HWC is a better choice than milk if you use milk in P3.
                          ROUND 1

PHASE 2

DAY 1----- 208.8

Sherri

Comment

Creme fraiche and sour cream (or even cream) are also great for meat or fish... I always put a dollop of sour cream on my salmon, and would add cream or creme fraiche to broth and mushrooms when making sauces for the meat. Well, I don't, but I know it is yummy... Too bad I am keeping kosher. I add cocnut milk instead - just be careful that it is only coconut and milk, it is scary how much crap is added to foods. And fresh mushrooms with cream are yummy!

I either have meat or avocado for breakfast... Just got back to the office, so still not sure how to do food there... Yesterday, no breakfast but a huge salad with tuna and mozzarella on the go. Today, I actually had saddle of lamb for brekkie, so I doubt I will be hungry at lunch. Will bring some veggies and lunch in any case - if I skip lunch, I can at least have cherry tomatoes at the desk, or otherwise have lamb if I do get hungry.

It is all about planning ahead, I guess. There just is no quick snack to grab in between anymore, no way to get a no-carb anything.

I am usually happy with 2 meals and some snacks, btw... And struggling to get enough calories in. Avocado and fat helps.

Comment

Sherrisews, just be careful if you are following South Beach in P3 to eat enough fat. As I recall, SB is pretty low in fat and you need lots of fat in P3.

Comment

Working...
                              X