How to Inject hCG Diet Injections
hCG Diet Injections: General Information
• Syringes should only be used once.
• Put used syringes in a hard container (glass jar or metal can) so that the needles cannot stick through.
• Close the container tightly with a screw-on cap.
• Keep the container out of reach of children and pets.
Where to Inject the hCG Diet Shots
hCG is injected into the fat layer just under the skin. There may be different absorption rates depending on where you inject the hCG, but this has not been proven one way or another.
• Front and sides of both thighs
• Hip areas
• Do not inject hCG near bone or joints.
How to Draw the hCG Into the Syringe
• Gather your supplies (hCG, syringe, alcohol pads).
• Wash your hands with soap and water. Dry your hands completely.
• For both new bottles and bottles used before, clean the rubber stopper with an alcohol pad.
• Remove the cap from the needle.
• Pull back the plunger on the syringe to draw in enough air to equal your hCG dose.
• Push the needle into the bottle top and inject the air into the bottle. When you inject air into the vial, this increases the air pressure inside the vial. This makes the right amount of hCG easier to draw out of the vial through the needle.
• With the needle in the bottle, turn the bottle and syringe upside down. Pull the plunger to fill the syringe past your dose of hCG.
• Push slowly on the plunger to the line of your correct dose of hCG.
• Check for air bubbles. If you see any bubbles, tap the syringe with your finger to make them rise to the top. Then pull the plunger past your dose again and slowly push in the plunger until all bubbles are gone. Repeat this if needed to get rid of air bubbles. Tiny air bubbles are not dangerous, but they will decrease the amount of hCG in the syringe.
• Remove the needle from the bottle and carefully lay the syringe down so that the needle does not touch anything.
How do I inject the hCG?
• Choose your injection site.
• Make sure the area is clean. You may clean the area with alcohol or soap and water. If alcohol is used, let it dry on the skin before injecting. This will help prevent a stinging feeling, and will help kill germs on the skin. Use 70 percent alcohol if possible, because it is a better germ killer than 90 percent alcohol.
• Pinch the skin and fat tissue between your thumb and first finger.
• Touch the needle to the skin, holding the syringe at a 90 degree angle. Push the needle all the way into the skin. If the needle is not in far enough, the hCG may not be injected into the fatty layer.
• Let go of the pinched tissue before injecting the hCG or you will be squeezing the hCG out at the same time you are trying to inject it.
• Press the plunger using a slow and steady push.
• Count slowly to five before removing the needle. This will help prevent hCG from leaking out of the injection site.
• Pull out the needle and place a finger or alcohol pad over the site. Hold for a few seconds and then rub the site gently to close the needle track. Sometimes there is a small amount of bleeding after the injection. This does not cause a problem except for the possible loss of hCG with the blood.
• Throw away used needles and syringes safely in a hard container that the needles cannot stick through.
Ideas to help decrease pain when injecting hCG:
• Inject hCG at room temperature.
• Remove all air bubbles from the syringe before the injection.
• If skin was cleaned with alcohol, wait until it has dried before injecting.
• Avoid changing the direction of the needle during insertion or removal.
• Do not reuse disposable needles.
I hope all this helps you as you start your weight loss journey!
This hCG Diet Resource provided by hCG Diet Forum Senior Member: JTsMom
Return to the hCG Diet Plan Guide.