1. Grind 1 1/2 cups almonds in the food processor until the consistency of graham cracker crumbs.
2. Add 1/4 cup vanilla flavored whey protein powder and 4tbl of melted butter.
3. Press into bottom of springform pan.
4. Bake in 350* oven for 12-15 min, unitl golden brown.
5. Cool while making cheesecake filling
3pk of cream cheese at room temp
4 eggs at room temp
1 1/2 cups granulated splenda
1 tsp vanilla extract
Beat cream cheese until light. Add eggs one at a time. blend in splenda and vanilla until smooth – no lumps. Pour into pre-baked crust.
Bake at 350* for 15 min. Turn oven down to 225*, bake for 1 hr 15min. Turn oven off and open door wide. Allow chessecake to cool in oven for 30 min.
This cooking method prevents a lot of cheesecake “cracking”, but for some reason cheesecakes made with splenda crack a little bit no matter what I try.
Yes, I know this hcg diet recipe uses splenda, but it is phase 3 of the hcg diet. You can try to substitute stevia – I do not know the conversion rate though. I figure you are only going to have a piece or two for a special occasion – I don’t feel that little bit of splenda will matter.